PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone know if this works?

sasuke_32
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Ok, what i am trying to do is start a download on computer "A" and when it gets started set its upload to max...(which i think is like 5000 kb/s). and then start a download on computer "B" and see if it grabs upload thingy to make it's downloading faster....does anyone know if it works? or is there something i need to do to make this work? sorry kinda new to this so just yell at me if i am thinking stupidly. Oh and bty...my router says i can only open those ports that u need to download faster for one computer...is that going to cause a problem in this plan or will i still be ok?

SaSuKeRuLeS
Sat, 04-24-2004, 10:12 PM
ok are both of the computers in the same house connected to the same routers? because if they are what would be the point in doing this when you can send the file through windows netork neighborhood.

sasuke_32
Sun, 04-25-2004, 04:41 PM
No, Computer A is upstairs on a router with another one of my computers and Computer B is in my basement which is on a completely different router...i was just wondering if i could make one computer speed up the download of another...

SaSuKeRuLeS
Tue, 04-27-2004, 07:54 AM
well in thoery you could but i have tried this with my friend b 4 and his ip address didnt show up on the list in the expiramental version so my conclusion is that bittorrent doesnt connect to all the clients it can but if you get lucky you probably could but why dont you just connect the routers through the uplink port or just burn it to the cd or something?