PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice how almost no attention is given to the first and second hokages?

gokudagreat
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:31 PM
I know that in one episode they show the first and second and that they built konoha in the first place, but even so, it never talks about them or if they were super powerful or much of anything... is it just a coincidence or are they insignificant or would it be a spoiler to talk about them?

njdevs95
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Probably because they just aren't relevant to the story, at least up to this point I don't know about the future. Really all that needed to be said was that they built the village. The fourth is relevant because he sealed the demon in naruto which is pretty much the basis of the show. The third is relevant because he's still alive, or he was until episodes 79/80.

Rek
Fri, 04-23-2004, 10:24 PM
seriously.. its like asking why Washington didn't have that big of a role in the west wing..

Jman
Fri, 04-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Because this thread sucks.

Seriously though, I think it's because those two characters were dead so long ago and and most likely didn't do anything that would left a huge memorable impact as say the third or 4th(sealed kyubi sacrificing his own life)

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:01 AM
They gave enough attention to them by bringing them back and having them fight the 3rd. We already saw how powerful they were. Orochimaru could probably beat them, neither of them are really that impressive compared to the Hokage that have followed, they were just the founders Konoha. Nobody really gives a shit about them anymore, we've seen all that we needed to see.

NM
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:37 PM
They aren't that important to the story other than the fact that they started Konoha. There's really nothing else to mention about them. Obviously, the 4th is mentioned alot because of the fact that he sealed the Kyubi inside of Naruto.

Dante
Sat, 04-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Well when 1st & 2nd were fighting the 3rd, the ANBU spectators were saying the 1st put an end to the wars and created Konoha. If that's not big, dunno what is. Though they don't come up in the story all that often...

Elessar
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by: Dante
Well when 1st & 2nd were fighting the 3rd, the ANBU spectators were saying the 1st put an end to the wars and created Konoha. If that's not big, dunno what is. Though they don't come up in the story all that often...

True.
The 1st even has a whole secret art only he ever knew of. If that's not powerful enough - what then?

Stoopider
Sun, 04-25-2004, 08:02 AM
I hope Kishimoto after doing Naruto, he'll create another series called 'Konoha', in which he describes alot about the pasts and the other factions.

Something like the book 'THe Hobbits' from LOTR.

But as they are now. There aren't important to the current storyline.

Rek
Sun, 04-25-2004, 09:10 AM
they definatly will make a prequel if Naruto gets really big (I mean gargantuan) but I hope they make because they want to, not for the money....

It'd be after he finished the manga right?

DarkBahamut
Sun, 04-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
they definatly will make a prequel if Naruto gets really big (I mean gargantuan) but I hope they make because they want to, not for the money....

It'd be after he finished the manga right?

I think that very likely to happen for godsake if DBZ can get as famous as it is Naruto can probably get as popular.