PDA

View Full Version : Why all the bashing of Bakasan's subs?

XForce
Fri, 04-23-2004, 07:18 PM
I don't know why everyone is complaining about the extreme poor quality of his subs, but personally I don't see what the problem is. People say that his are "choppy and blocky", and come out distorted, but that's just a problem with their computers, not Bakasan's coding. I watch both versions and the difference in video quality is almost negligible. I don't see why so many people complain.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Yep, agreed, Bakasan's work is indeed impressive considering his speed and that he is just ONE dude. That said, A/A is superior, and starting this thread is just asking for flames ..

My advice, watch what you like, and if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't.

Please lock this, this can go nowhere good i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

itachi_
Fri, 04-23-2004, 07:43 PM
*Walking by*

njdevs95
Fri, 04-23-2004, 08:46 PM
The only time bakasan is blocky is if you don't have the right codec or player, ep 80 was blocky for me on windows media player so I played it with vlc and no ploblem, it wasn't as good quality as A/A but it's very watchable and I get my naruto fix quickly and then can go later to get the better version.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-23-2004, 08:58 PM
People have nothing better to do?
And it's not that these people who complain could do *better* than bakasan. They can't do anything even closer...
1. Those subs are free. If you were paying for them you could bitch as much you wanted.
2. Besides being free, there are at least 4 different subbers. If you don't like his work, there's a simple solution. Don't download his episodes. Why exactly insult this particular subber???
Two great reasons to make bitching about Bakasan preposterous.

SK
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:05 PM
i like bakasans, he is super fast and i personally dont see a difference

NomoZ
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Baka's are usually pretty good but this time for some reason whenever there was panning the picture would pixelate somewhat. It was most likely because of how quickly mine downloaded(275kb/s)

Xollence
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Because it's the "cool" thing to do. Complaining about something makes you look like you know more about something than others.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence
Because it's the "cool" thing to do. Complaining about something makes you look like you know more about something than others.

Really... then:
I was waiting to have my DSL back... like there would be tons of Inuyasha to download.
Sayaman was busy, taking care of his real life, and didn't put anything new in his site for weeks.
Danm, Sayaman! How dare you???? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

dejakenth
Fri, 04-23-2004, 10:22 PM
i think we should even commend Bakasan for coming out with a quick fansub of the latest episode aired.

like the others have said before:

- if you can't wait for the other fansubs and need a quickfix download bakasan. But if in case there is something you didn't like, don't complain 'coz its a free fansub. if you want maybe you can offer suggestions - nicely though.

-if you don't like bakasan quality, then don't download and watch bakasan. just wait for your prefered fansub.

for quickfix - you have 2 choices bakasan or shinotaku, bakasan comes out faster.
for quality - then wait for A/A or Toriyamaworld(TW), whichever is your own preference. But TW has been very far behind.

there should be no reason to complain about these fansubs. what's more is there should never be a reason to pit these fansubbers against each other.

Let's just thank all of them for their great service of sharing with us - free.

Jman
Fri, 04-23-2004, 10:41 PM
i agree with all so far. i really don't see a point in bashing his work. like they, you don't like what you're watching, turn the damn channel...same goes for the peeps who dl and complain about his quality week after week. i dunno, i guess some folk like to whine in hopes of getting attention and building some type of name for themselves.

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:04 AM
The bitching about Bakasan is retarded. I doubt anybody is going to come into this thread now and start complaining about the subs, or they'll just look like a fuckin idiot. Hopefully it won't continue to happen everytime a new episode comes out.

Raven
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Look, this is going nowhere, it's all been said before. Locked.