PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Bebop

jamoogabooga
Fri, 04-23-2004, 07:14 PM
hi, where can i find individual episodes of cowboy bebop?...not in a bundle like in boxtorrents, but like where i can dl each file one at a time....(no irc also)....thxi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

bwabes
Fri, 04-23-2004, 10:21 PM
It's a good enough series that you should buy it. Or watch it on TV.

tensai
Fri, 04-23-2004, 10:57 PM
do they show bebop on cartoon network late at night anymore?
i think you can find some on kazaa, but i dont really know any single bittorrent sites. sorry

bwabes
Fri, 04-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Yeah, they still show it.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:20 AM
It's still on Cartoon Network .. if you like it, check around for the DVD set, it's worth it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:59 AM
its better to just buy it, bc it will have dvd extras, i hope, but if u dont wanna buy it then u could try using kazaa to look or the eps ur use shareazaa,

Aniki
Sat, 04-24-2004, 06:12 AM
http://www.the-easy-tiger.net/

go to KAA and there is full DVD version

KAA rox!!!!!!!

SK
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:27 AM
you can try digitalsector.com or ani-xp.com, they both had the whole series up at one time but their media is down at the moment.

tensai
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:46 PM
i was just wondering if the cowboy bebop full dvd from KAA was in subtitles or dubbed?
if it was dubbed, was it done well?

Munsu
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Probably double audio

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:32 PM
KAA only does Subs from what i understood...
ANIMEHQ has a bot with all of them in OGM format, and people say that CB's dubb was quite good

Knives122
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:08 PM
one of the best anime ever(thats just the truth)

Munsu
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Don't know about Cowboy Bebop, but they KAA does both, sub versions and dual audio version

Baka_Desuyo
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Yeah, it's definitely good enough that you should buy it, but then get it subbed in English, the voice actors always kill the original feel of the character.

Kite666
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Not in this series, this is some of the best english voice acting i've seen. If you want to see a ruined seris due to voice acting watch Love Hina in the english sub. Five minutes and you'll rid your ears out of your to get away from the pain.

Baka_Desuyo
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Yeah, that one is horrible. I just prefer to hear Japanese, I guess that's all.

Munsu
Fri, 03-03-2006, 04:35 AM
I had stopped watching this series about 2 years ago on episode 18. The file I had was corrupted, and I never got around to start watching it again.

I decided to start it up again a couple of days ago. Two years ago I thought that this series was OK, and overrated. After watching the last nine episodes and the movie, I have to say that this series seriously kicks ass.

Awesome ending, though I wish they had given Faye and Jet a couple of more minutes of screen time.

Spike's death was awesome, but Julia's sucked. I wanted to see he getting boned before diying.

[04:18] <Budweineken> One question
[04:19] <Budweineken> Julia was Vicious girl before Spike? or did she cheat on Spike with Vicious?

[04:25] <+Budweineken> Spike: "Bang"
[04:25] <+Budweineken> saddest line of the series

"You're gonna carry that weight."

"See you again space cowboy."

NineTailsKitsu
Fri, 03-03-2006, 04:50 AM
I believe she was Vicious girl before Spike, which led to the two's falling out.

This is In my opinion, one of if not the best anime that has ever been made. Every character is deep, the voices are done very well, and the series has spawned some of the best voice actors in the business: Steve Blum (Spike in Cowboy Bebop, Mugen in Samurai Champloo, Kazuma in S-Cry-Ed, on and on) and Ron Allen (Voiceactor of the Red eye junkie in Episode 1 of Cowboy Bebop, but more well known for voiceing Beyond the Grave/Brandon Heat from Gungrave and Jin from Samurai Champloo) and that's just naming a few.

Favorite quote: "When angels fall from heaven, they become devils. Isn't that right...Spike?"-Vicious

Kraco
Fri, 03-03-2006, 05:32 AM
Oh, yes. CB is one of the series I even have on DVD. I don't especially like Jazz, but it fits this series perfectly. Whilst there are some other series I like better than Cowboy Bebop, it can't be denied this is one of the best animes ever made, technically and artistically.

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-03-2006, 06:38 AM
The music is what always stood out for me. Just about every episode title paying homage to some band/song. That and all the sometimes not so subtle references to other films/genres that they make.

ie. (wow I've watched this anime way too many times...)
Asteroid Blues - Desperado (also, Spike wears a shawl almost identical to 'The Man with No Name')
Stray Dog Strut - Game of Death (a Bruce Lee movie where the villian was played by Kareem Abdul Jabar).
the Charlie Parker references in 'Honky Tonk Woman'. (also some Escaflowne art used in this episode)
Gateway Shuffle - PETA.
Ballad of Fallen Angels - John Woo films, particularly 'The Killer'
Heavy Metal Queen - has a Woody Allen 'cameo'
Waltz for Venus - 'On Dangerous Ground'
Toys in the Attic - Aliens. (also some 2001: space Odessey elements)
Jupiter Jazz - no direct homage that I could find here... but I always got a feeling this 2-parter had a general 'blues' feel to it.
My funny Valentine - (several references, Star Trek and Lupin III)
Black Dog Seranade - tribute to film noir, especially the flashbacks
Mushroom Samba - Blaxploitian films (tons of Shaft references)
Speak Like a Child - constant references to a Japanese folklore (no, i obviously didn't get this one on my own)
Wild Horses - (the Babe Ruth reference, more Stark Trek stuff)
Pierrot le Fou - Batman the Animated series
Boogy Woogy Feng Shui - old detective films 1930s-50s
Cowboy Funk - more spaghetti western references than you can shake a stick at.
Brain Scratch - Serial Experiments Lain
Real Folk Blues - John Woo tributes

Obviously I didn't get all of these references the first time I watched this show but between me and my friends (one of whom actually compiled a great Cowboy Bebop website http://www.jazzmess.com/ ) we watched and re-watched until the remote controller broke (no joke, we broke the fucking remote control. but thats cuz some dumbass dropped it into a glass of soda...)

I love this show to death. I've always thought it would make a great live-action too.

NineTailsKitsu
Fri, 03-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by: masamuneehs
The music is what always stood out for me. Just about every episode title paying homage to some band/song. That and all the sometimes not so subtle references to other films/genres that they make.

ie. (wow I've watched this anime way too many times...)
Asteroid Blues - Desperado (also, Spike wears a shawl almost identical to 'The Man with No Name')
Stray Dog Strut - Game of Death (a Bruce Lee movie where the villian was played by Kareem Abdul Jabar).
the Charlie Parker references in 'Honky Tonk Woman'. (also some Escaflowne art used in this episode)
Gateway Shuffle - PETA.
Ballad of Fallen Angels - John Woo films, particularly 'The Killer'
Heavy Metal Queen - has a Woody Allen 'cameo'
Waltz for Venus - 'On Dangerous Ground'
Toys in the Attic - Aliens. (also some 2001: space Odessey elements)
Jupiter Jazz - no direct homage that I could find here... but I always got a feeling this 2-parter had a general 'blues' feel to it.
My funny Valentine - (several references, Star Trek and Lupin III)
Black Dog Seranade - tribute to film noir, especially the flashbacks
Mushroom Samba - Blaxploitian films (tons of Shaft references)
Speak Like a Child - constant references to a Japanese folklore (no, i obviously didn't get this one on my own)
Wild Horses - (the Babe Ruth reference, more Stark Trek stuff)
Pierrot le Fou - Batman the Animated series
Boogy Woogy Feng Shui - old detective films 1930s-50s
Cowboy Funk - more spaghetti western references than you can shake a stick at.
Brain Scratch - Serial Experiments Lain
Real Folk Blues - John Woo tributes

Obviously I didn't get all of these references the first time I watched this show but between me and my friends (one of whom actually compiled a great Cowboy Bebop website http://www.jazzmess.com/ ) we watched and re-watched until the remote controller broke (no joke, we broke the fucking remote control. but thats cuz some dumbass dropped it into a glass of soda...)

I love this show to death. I've always thought it would make a great live-action too.

You missed two, just from looking at the list:

Bohemian Rhapsody-Well known song written by Queen.

Sympathy for the Devil-Rolling stones hit.

Although even I don't know them all. You and your friend definitely are die-hard fans.

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-03-2006, 08:59 AM
i thought it was fairly obvious what the titles were alluding to... I always hated that there are so many title references to the Rolling Stones (Honkey Tonk Woman, Jamming with Edward, Wild Horses, Sympathy, maybe even more...) but only one for Led Zeppelin (Black Dog Seranade) and NONE for Pink Floyd, the Beatles (tho they get other tributes), Miles Davis (and tons of other big jazz/blues musicians), Hendrix etc etc. I have always thought the Stones were quite overrated...

'Sympathy for the Devil' would have worked so much better as 'Voodoo Child'. Wild Horses could have been 'Learning to Fly' or 'Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun'.

In that list I was mostly referring to styles used, themes used, characters used and other tributes that are rampant in Bebop.

NineTailsKitsu
Fri, 03-03-2006, 09:11 AM
I agree with you on the point that they could have used other references to better bands. However, I think it was more or less they're attempt at paying homage to usual Japanese favorites (that being flamboyant bands) which is why I'm fairly suprised Zeppelin, David Bowey, or Kiss for that matter were'nt referenced. But, it could also have been because of the limited number of episodes. Or they could have justed used the first things they thought of to reference, akin to Cromartie.

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I agree that the Stones are overrated, their only really good song is Paint it Black. But, you also need to remember that although Zeppelin is a better band, their overall style doesn't really fit with the Bebop image. Zeppelin is more laid back and psychedelic, which the laid back aspect of is already filled with the Blues and Jazz selections. Bebop doesn't give off too psychedelic a vibe (Mushroom Samba most notably). Same reason there's not any Pink Floyd. Cowboy Bebop is described by a very specific genre. A broad set of styles fit into it, and a lot of bands from those same styles don't fit into it. It's like an upbeat blues (contradictory, I know).

NineTails is right though, the names wouldn't mean a whole lot if the Japanese hadn't heard of them.

On renaming Wild Horses, I don't think anything else other than Wild Horses is really appropriate. The whole eps is about how the Swordfish is a fickle machine, not really ever fully cooperative when it needs to be. It is an untamed horse. That's what I got out of it anyway.

XanBcoo
Fri, 03-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by: NineTailsKitsu
I agree with you on the point that they could have used other references to better bands. However, I think it was more or less they're attempt at paying homage to usual Japanese favorites (that being flamboyant bands) which is why I'm fairly suprised Zeppelin, David Bowey, or Kiss for that matter were'nt referenced..
I'm quite suprised Kiss wasn't referenced at all either (or at least, none that I could see). Especially since Watanabe has listed that band as one of the biggest influences in his life before.

As far as Zepplin references go, you could always list the "stairway to heaven" reference in Mushroom Samba i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

Jadugar
Fri, 03-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Ahh Cowboy Bebop. That bring back memories.

I can still remember Spike words : "Julia is dead, lets end it all".

Spike is the definition of COOL.

dragonrage
Sat, 03-04-2006, 04:49 PM
cowboy bebop is one of the best anime i have ever seen its one of the reasons i was interested in adultswim and toonami. haven't seen the subbed version but dubb was amazing

budweineken i believe that julia was spikes girl friend first and i believe that the reason why vicious hated her i becuase she betrayed the organization when spike wanted to leave if i remember correctly there was a set up to kill spike and she was suppose to be the bait and after that situation they split up cause spike was badly wounded(lost his eye), she left i think becuase she was confuse and she felt guilty and vicious was as cold as ever continued his quest for power. i think

i am not sure what the per existing relationship between spike, julia and vicious was other that they both work for the same organization and the are kick ass. i beliweve that she was there to keep an eye on spike becuase i think they didn't think that he would be faithful to the org. but the fell in love with each other.

btw my favorite episode was the last it was the best ending for that anime i can't ever imagine anything better. what was yours?

edit1. Jadugar you are sooo freaking right. just thinking back it raises my spirits..... i think is time i watch that series again it been far to long and too awsome not to watch it again

Augury
Wed, 10-04-2006, 03:51 AM
I was browsing through amv.org again and came across an action + James Bond themed Cowboy Bebop AMV made in 2003. I thought was good enough to link to for those that haven't seen it:

Cowboy Bebop 007 (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=14683)

animus
Wed, 10-04-2006, 11:49 PM
At the end of episode 5, the girl Valentine, i forget her name gets called over by an injured Spike. And Spike whispers in her ear, tone deaf. Then she gets real angry and pounds him in? What does it mean? What significance does this have, and why did she get mad?

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-05-2006, 12:29 AM
lol, i always thought that was a weird way to end the scene, but after seeing it so many times, I read it as this:

Spike's just gotten his ass kicked all the way down Memory Lane by Vicious (2nd best segment in the whole damn show btw) and his gang, and his thrown-through-stained-glass induced slumber is full of dreams about the old days, Julia and Vicious.

He remembers the tune that Julia used to hum, a good memory. And when he wakes up he has Faye, his current interest doing something similar. But he notices that Faye's singing just isn't as sweet as Julia's (representative of their whole failed relationship, as Faye can never replace Julia in Spike's eyes) and calls her tone deaf.

She is probably really starting to fall for him at this point (he did come risk his life for her at that church...), and gets angry. She sees he doesn't feel the same for her and gets pissed, smacks him and stalks off, a scene that is really a pretty good example of their whole relationship.

ah i love that show...

animus
Thu, 10-05-2006, 06:59 AM
Hehe, I just started watching it. I've watched many many anime, but I just got around to Cowboy Bebop now. I didn't realize Faye was singing to Spike? Hmm, maybe I should rewatched it a bit. Seeing their personalities, does their love ever flourish, or develop throughout the anime?

Munsu
Thu, 01-15-2009, 11:22 AM
This is not how a 2004 thread about an awesome series should come back to 2009.
It feels wrong.

You're right. Moving this discussion to this thread:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16850