PDA

View Full Version : Shed a single tear for me.

Garlannd
Fri, 04-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Due to Microsoft Windows XP having an evil factor of 110% I canno't post on these forums for much longer. My system refuses to allow me to upload any form of java. It insists on giving me the middle finger and laughing.

In a few months I will no longer be able to post because I'll be loosing my only outside access to these forums via the school. Needless to say you will not see me around after then unless by some miracle the forums change or my computer stops being an ass.

No longer will my insights or messages be seen on the Naruto forums! No longer will my mockery of idiots who come in here pretending to act cool (see my sig.) and trying to "pwn" us as they so deem it (probably a bunch of thirteen year old children who think DBZ is the S. (No offense to those who like that show but God I hate it.)

So unless anyone can PM me or email me on how to fix this issue Garlannd@blizzgg.com/Garlannd@hotmail.com (either works fine).

All I ask is you shed a single tear for me and remember me as that guy who was only here for a few weeks then left. Never to be seen posting again....

Please for the love of God! Someone help meeeeeeeee!

Oh and any ways does anyone know a good site to buy naruto stuff at?
Thanks for your time.
Garlannd.

TheEvil1
Fri, 04-23-2004, 11:09 AM
what browser are wyou useing?
try reinstalling JAVA

Mut
Fri, 04-23-2004, 11:11 AM
if EVERYTHING fails, you can always reformat, but don't do that unless nothing works.

maybe you can go to windows update and see if you can dl something that'll help.

Gods_Son
Fri, 04-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Post your Windows XP problems in General Discussion or Other Support, you'll probably find more help there than you would in the Naruto section.

Garlannd
Fri, 04-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Yea I've tried there and only gotten instal this version of java blah blah blah. Only one person responded too so not much help. =(

Vattha
Fri, 04-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Reformat g0g0g0

njdevs95
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:01 PM
If there is something wrong with windows you can do a repair install over the existing install, it will only overwrite the windows files, it won't touch anything else so all your files will still be ok. After that you'd just need to get the windows updates again. What java app did you try to installl, you probably need to get this one. http://java.sun.com/webapps/getjava/BrowserRedirect?locale=en&host=www.java.com:80

Assertn
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:16 PM
a reformatted computer is a beautiful thing

NM
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:37 PM
If all else fails, your better off just reformatting your computer.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-23-2004, 02:39 PM
If you want a simple workaround fix, go to http://www.mozilla.org and download the mozilla browser, it handles Java a little differently. It's a VERY nice and fast browser, does all the same stuff IE does, just looks a little different. It actually uses the same engine that Netscape does, just a lot leaner and faster.

GokuSonGoku
Fri, 04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Formatting computer.. Seriously... What if he has all naruto... OooooH i just deleted freaking 14 GIGABYTES OF NARUTO... Kinda stupid HA? But you could always(if u have that much naruto) find another HD copy your Naruto to that reformat the drive with XP and install XP again and send over your naruto... Simple..

Lep-
Fri, 04-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Thats what partitions are for.

ryan92084
Fri, 04-23-2004, 04:10 PM
or multiple hard drives... <3 firewire

njdevs95
Fri, 04-23-2004, 04:32 PM
If he doesn't have partitions he could always download partition magic and make some, but like I said a repair install will only overwrite windows files not any programs or data.

JusDaMan
Fri, 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
Hey i format my comp every 6 months lol... Besides partitions u can always get a cd burner or dvd burner... i mean it cd burner costs like wat 25-30 dollars now? dvd burner cost 50-70. burn all ur crap and format. =)

njdevs95
Fri, 04-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Lite on 52x32x52 cdrw = $34 give or take a dollar depending on fluctuation. The cheapest dvdrw I would get is $81 for the NEC 2500A.