PDA

View Full Version : Saw 80 Live

Hatake Kakashi
Fri, 04-23-2004, 03:58 AM
Our second night here in Tokyo me and my cousin were lucky enough to watch Naruto 80 live. It was weird waiting during commerical breaks, but it was also cool to see what kind of commercials are played during the times that get edited out of the subbed episodes.

Mostly just CD's, Games, etc..

That was really the only anime we have watched. Prince of Tennis was on before Naruto and that wasn't bad. We also watched Yugioh right before that, which doesn't seem as dumb as I thought, but my cousin tells me the anime is at the best part.

Just thought I would share.

I am going to try to catch a few other anime episodes if I can later tonight. I would like to see some, but I enjoy seeing the sites better.

The Troublesome One
Fri, 04-23-2004, 06:33 AM
I'm not sure if it's out this month or not, but if it is, check out a movie called Casshern.

Raven
Fri, 04-23-2004, 07:23 AM
You didn't tell us you were going to Tokyo!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif (or did you?)

NM
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Are there any new anime that seem pretty good? Also, were there any commercials on the 2nd Naruto game for ps2?

ComeComeParadise
Fri, 04-23-2004, 03:42 PM
I think ANBU-AonE should start subbing the commercials too. Japanese commercials crack me up.

Hatake Kakashi
Fri, 04-23-2004, 04:21 PM
There were commercials for the Naruto Gameboy Advance Game, that was it though. Also there were commercials that advertised the girl artist who wrote the new Naruto ending or opening, I forget which.

This one commercial plays all the time, its a kids game about a pirate in a barrel and you poke him with swords. Its pretty weird, but it cracks me and my cousin up.

dbz_kidnaruto
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Were there any commercials about the movie??

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 04-27-2004, 02:52 AM
No, nothing at all about the movie.

Truth be told, it is going to have a tough time this summer going up against 3 blockbusters.

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence by IG Productions
Howl's Moving Castle by Studio Ghibli
Steamboy

Innocence and Howl's Moving Castle seem to be the most anticipated animation movies this summer in Japan. There was a huge Howl's ad on this movie theater building, it was a real long banner. Also, Innocene fliers (chirashi) were all over the subways.

Naruto will do pretty well at the box office though, I think One Piece Movie 5 did ok, I was gonna see it while I was there, but wanted to see as many sights as possible.

Toruxxx
Tue, 04-27-2004, 05:10 AM
man u so lucky i would love to be able to watch naruto in japan i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif and i cant wait till innocence i heard it is supposed to be quite good as what ppl av told me of what they saw of trailer.

lionheart1012000
Tue, 04-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by: Toruxxx
man u so lucky i would love to be able to watch naruto in japan i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif and i cant wait till innocence i heard it is supposed to be quite good as what ppl av told me of what they saw of trailer.

your right he is really lucky, but personally i would be happy just being in japan period.

Toruxxx
Tue, 04-27-2004, 12:00 PM
lol so would i but watching naruto would be cool aswell ive always wanted to goto japan since i was alil kid i will do it one day ^_^

lionheart1012000
Tue, 04-27-2004, 12:39 PM
yeah, one day...well for now we can atleast dream, right? lol.

Legendary Nin
Tue, 04-27-2004, 02:42 PM
There's already a RAW for Innocence,not sure how it's possible,but there is.

The Troublesome One
Wed, 04-28-2004, 06:46 PM
This one commercial plays all the time, its a kids game about a pirate in a barrel and you poke him with swords. Its pretty weird, but it cracks me and my cousin up.

We have that game in the UK, it's called Pop Up Pirate. You have to see how many swords you can poke into the barrel before the pirate pops up.

Hatake Kakashi, Have you heard of Casshern? I think it's out over there now, and after seeing the trailer for it, I became very interested it, so I'm just wondering if you've seen it, or heard anything about it.

Hatake Kakashi
Tue, 05-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Yeah, there were some posters for that too. It is actually a remake of an old anime movie Shinzo Ningen Casshern, but done in live action. It won't be an exact adaption, just like taking the concept and going in a little bit different direction with it. Like what Tim Burton did with Planet of the Apes.

It doesn't look like a bad movie, but I would rather see Devil Man. That just looks amazing.