PDA

View Full Version : Kk, same question......

Kyoske
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Sorry about not looking around at first, I'm just not that familiar with with this place quite yet. I really enjoy how everyone stays on others about spamming and general tom-foolery here. That keeps things organized. Great board.

And, so you know, I looked for a stickied thread about this but there was none. Is there something else I need to download to be able to watch the torrent? Because like I said, I tried to download but it was done in a matter of seconds, so that couldn't have been right. Thanks to anyone who can help. I can tell you more about the problem if need requires.

Last Question: Who are the mods around here?

**looks up** I mispelt the name....*angst*

Raven
Fri, 04-23-2004, 06:40 AM
You need to install a Bittorrent client. It's a p2p program. You can choose from a few different versions from the homepage at www.animesuki.com. The good one to use is the Shadow experimental version.

Once you have it installed, you then double-click the torrent file that you have, and you can d/l from there.

Kyoske
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Okay, I did it. But yeesh......does it always take *looks up* over 500 hours to download? That' what it's saying.

What's the usual download time?

NM
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:49 PM
You have to route the ports that Bit Torrent uses through your firewall. Then you'll get the faster download times. My downloads take like an hour (or less) for a single episode. But if I use a batch torrent which has like 26 episodes, my time was like 5 or 6 hours which is reasonable.

Kyoske
Fri, 04-23-2004, 05:45 PM
I hope one of you can take the time to walk me through this. I'll tell you everything that may be a factor in my problem. Well the problem itself is, terribly long load times. Like about 500 hours estimated. I'm on Netscape. I downloaded a patch to watch the BT from Animesuki. I go to a series/episode I want to download and click on it. It downloads a file to My Documents. I go to My Documents and start the file. The download begins and it says 500+ Hours Left.

I would greatly appreciate someone who can help me through this.

NM
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Did you route the ports it uses through your firewall?

Kyoske
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:10 PM
I don't know how to do that. I've been trying, but am yet to dertermine whether I even have a router or not. And I just downloaded one which was episodes 2-4 of Naruto, it was 17 hours of download. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

I went to watch it, and it wouldn't let me see it. Only hear the audio. It says: "Cannot play back the video stream: No suitable decompressor could be found."

Edit: I had them compressed in their properties. Now they SHOULD play, but every program I try to open them in says I need some new software to play this type of file. **is confused**