PDA

View Full Version : Immortality ..

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Anyone else excited about the movie Troy? I can't wait .. one of the most legendary wars in human history .. that was long thought to just be a myth!

I am a big sucker for war movies though i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

hiddenpookie
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:01 PM
wtf? ^_^

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Hehehe it's this movie : http://troymovie.warnerbros.com/

hiddenpookie
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:07 PM
looks good! all chek it out!

Raven
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:12 PM
I cannot WAIT for this movie.... it looks epic.....

The battle scenes look abosolutely gigantic!

It's like Live-Action Age of Empires! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif So good.

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh man, it can't come soon enough i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Great cast too!

Mut
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:24 PM
troy is gonna be the best movie of 2004.

AkimichiChouji
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:48 PM
I dunno Shrek 2 and The garfield movie are coming out too lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
don't for get Alien vs Predator....if it was at all like predator (1)one and aliens (2)
then it should be awesome!! I hope!!

"whoever wins, we lose"

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 04-22-2004, 10:26 PM
yea, im kinda excited to go watch this movie too, the only thing i hate is that its rated R which is good btw, but they wont sell me the dam tickets dammit dam them all

L8r
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:36 AM
cough*download*cough... sorry i got a sore throat i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

this movie is gonna be great cant w8 til it comes here
also cant w8 for alien VS preditor.... gonna be some great sfx in that one

SK
Fri, 04-23-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
troy is gonna be the best movie of 2004.

Cant wait for this movie either, not sure about it being the best of '04, think that already goes to the Passion.

Stoopider
Fri, 04-23-2004, 05:56 AM
Passion?? Aichh. I have the Dvd but until now I still haven't finished watching it. Kept falling asleep.

Yeah AVP. Hopefully it would be like 5-10 Pred's... And a billion aliens. Troy looks good.

Rek
Fri, 04-23-2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by: AkimichiChouji
I dunno Shrek 2 and The garfield movie are coming out too lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
don't for get Alien vs Predator....if it was at all like predator (1)one and aliens (2)

"whoever wins, we lose"

garfield? please tell me your joking..

and stoopider, how do you have the passion of the christ on DvD?

r3n
Fri, 04-23-2004, 06:10 AM
yeah all these movies look great, but the guy who is directing AvsP is crap. so dont get ur hopes up

Raven
Fri, 04-23-2004, 07:02 AM
AVP will most likely be another Hollywood cliche. I'm being very pessimistic about it. It's a shame, because it has such great potential.

AkimichiChouji
Fri, 04-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek

Originally posted by: AkimichiChouji

"whoever wins, we lose"

garfield? please tell me your joking..

and stoopider, how do you have the passion of the christ on DvD?

Lol what do you think?
I heard garfield is animated
Odie is real
and arbuckle is played by the guy in rat race who goes in the helicopter with that chick

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Has there EVER been a really good cartoon to live-action movie? Seems like they always mess up something along the way i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Speaking of Troy, has anyone here seen Das Boot? It was directed by the same guy, Wolfgang Petersen i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif He also directed The Perfect Storm I think .. good action director, but also really good at working with dialogue and character. Makes me smile to think of him directing Troy instead of some automaton like Michael Bay .. although I did have a lot of fun watching the Rock (hard to make a bad movie with that cast and budget!).

Knives122
Fri, 04-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey, what I want to know about this movie is if Odysseus is in the movie, I already know about Achelis and those other guys but the movie will be BADASS

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Hey, what I want to know about this movie is if Odysseus is in the movie, I already know about Achelis and those other guys but the movie will be BADASS

DUDE Hell yeah! Odysseus is played by Sean Bean! Remember Boromir in the first Lord of the Rings movie? The big tough guy who took forever to kill? Cool i/expressions/beer.gif

Rek
Fri, 04-23-2004, 05:17 PM
One question about pronunciation...

is it Shawn Bawn, or Shawn BEEN ? I never really got that... but didn't they do BAD ASS casting of Faramir?

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
One question about pronunciation...

is it Shawn Bawn, or Shawn BEEN ? I never really got that... but didn't they do BAD ASS casting of Faramir?

I heheh I pronounce it like a bean .. as in KILLER BEAN i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Anyone see the killer bean videos? Very cool! 'I'm just a bean trying to get some sleep'. LOL. And yes, Faramir's casting was perfect .. they really did seem like brothers!

Raven
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Yeah, the actors playing Faramir and Boromir really did look like brothers, it was 100% perfect.

Then again, so was virtually all the casting. I'm finding it very difficult to think of anyone who wasn't perfectly cast. Gandalf, Aaragon, Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, just absolutely ideal.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 03:45 AM
Hell yeah the LOTR casting was super awesome.. I was skeptical of Viggo Mortensen at first, but he surprised me, everyone did excellent!

Btw, In case anyone hadn't seen that killer bean video I was talking about : it's a classic!

http://download.divx.com/showcase/kb2.divx

It's 33.7mb, so might be good to right-click, then 'save-as'

r3n
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:25 PM
sean bean is the man i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif great british actor, hes been in loads of british films, ex. bravo 2.0 which he was in, was a most excellent SAS action film, based on a true story

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
sean bean is the man i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif great british actor, hes been in loads of british films, ex. bravo 2.0 which he was in, was a most excellent SAS action film, based on a true story

Yeah I'm very impressed with his work .. I take it you are British? What is the correct pronunciation of his name? I'd feel bad calling him 'Bean' if it's supposed to to sound like Bahn or Been ..

EpoC
Fri, 05-14-2004, 10:16 AM
I think it's bean like in MR Bean, the wierd brittish dude played by rowan atkinson.

About the topic name "immortality"

Bruce Lee Once said "The key to immortality is to live a life worth remembering"
Bruce Lee was a badass!!

But not Immortal though

shadowmantis
Fri, 05-14-2004, 12:21 PM
'coffee and cigarettes', 'the village' and maybe 'the manchurian candidate' will fuck these summer movies over. excuse my french.

SK
Fri, 05-14-2004, 01:39 PM
i dont really like the casting for the movie, but im still going to see it. i dont think brad pitt has that warrior type of look, but thats just me. i think this will be more of a teenish summer movie, rather than a great movie like Gladiator or Braveheart.

Gods_Son
Fri, 05-14-2004, 05:51 PM
I saw the movie last night, I wouldn't consider it a teenish summer movie.

Mut
Fri, 05-14-2004, 05:55 PM
i was gonna see this tomorrow, but my friends and i have decided to watch the lakers instead! w00t.

The1LittleMchale
Fri, 05-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Dude i dont know what you fools are talking about... I am already IMMORTAL! ... (In my own world/mind)

I saw Troy... it was sweet!! ^^ that was just me after my insanity kicked in...

Koyuki
Fri, 05-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Lil fella. Read the whole tread. Were talking about Troy. The new movie with Brad Pitt

Raven
Fri, 05-14-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm seeing it tonight! Woooooot! Can't wait.

I will let you know of my opinions. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-14-2004, 10:15 PM
About Sean Bean, I really liked his role in Goldeneye too as 006; the villain.

EpoC
Sat, 05-15-2004, 06:50 PM
I saw it today! it was kickass!!!

and sean bean's character (odysseus) didn't appear very much anyway.

EDIT: wee my 100:th post, better late than never!

Raven
Sun, 05-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Bloody awesome movie. Instantly bought on DVD the moment it's released.

It was so well put together.... one second you're rooting for the Trojans, the next for the Greeks. Mainly for the Trojans though. The battles were just spectacular. Funny how Orlando Bloom played another talented archer. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Interesting how the term "Archilles' Heel" was developed, as it appeared to others that he died from a shot to the heel. I never knew that, maybe I should have, heh.

This movie has inspired me to reinstall Age of Mythology, haven't played that in a while.

MemnochTheCaT
Sun, 05-16-2004, 07:09 PM
YaY! I'm happy that it sounds good, totally my kind of movie, hopefully I'll be able to see it sometime this week i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SK
Sun, 05-16-2004, 09:45 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! this movie was so friggin good, definately my favorite movie of the year so far, maybe even oscar worthy. they did an awesome job on the fight scenes, but made sure to have a strong story and character development. 5/5