PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft III

Kagari
Thu, 04-22-2004, 10:37 AM
I was just curious as to whether or not there are any members on the board who are avid Warcraft III players...I dabble a bit myself, and I think it would be interesting to play a few games with, and against, some of my fellow gotwoot-ers...

Phear the chakra of my Farseer...his Kuchiyose No Jutsu will bring forth the dread wolves!!

Koyuki
Thu, 04-22-2004, 10:51 AM
I used to play it. I just play it once in a while. Do you know were I can get the Naruto mod for Warcraft III?

Mut
Thu, 04-22-2004, 11:48 AM
i used to play but then i realized that i suck micromanaging.

AkimichiChouji
Thu, 04-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Well you already know i do Kagari, don't worry paycheck this week, depending how much i get i will purchase frozen throne

oh ya FYI btw...

Official WCG Canada game = Warcraft III: Frozen Throne

i might enter in that, starcraft broodwar and Halo

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Kagari
Thu, 04-22-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm going to be working that weekend, It's may 24 and the playoffs are on, so the bar will be busy as shit. But the thought of a huge WC lan-fest is almost worth quitting...

Tofu #2
Thu, 04-22-2004, 04:57 PM
i play it like every day

SK
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Ive been playing everyday for a couple weeks now...Im horrible and am currently 6-30

Baka_Desuyo
Thu, 04-22-2004, 06:04 PM
I used to play alot, until I lent my copy to a friend who's had it for a few months. But I think I'll get it back when I see him in a while, then maybe I can play with you guys.

SK
Thu, 04-22-2004, 06:36 PM
woot i just beat this guy who called me a noob i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Kagari
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:43 PM
haha! I just won two today....

A Human game where I went Archmage with some footmen, followed by priests and sorceresses. My partner went hunts, we destroyed.

The second game I was night elf....Keeper of the Grove with huntresses and hyps... (no riders i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)

AkimichiChouji
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:45 PM
lol we got to do teams Kagari i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif "All your orcs are belong to me" im still laughing about that...

ya seriously we should set up a tournament, i think you can do that at battlereports.com?
if i knew gotwoot would be doing one id train my ass off

but would it be frozen throne or original?
which one do you guys play?

Baka_Desuyo
Fri, 04-23-2004, 12:23 AM
If everyone has we should definitely do frozen throne, lots of cool new stuff.

Kagari
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Frozen Throne for sure....

Augury
Fri, 04-23-2004, 03:20 AM
I play TFT but then again I'm more of a "lurker" on these boards than a "gotwoot-er"

Terracosmo
Fri, 04-23-2004, 06:55 AM
Yes. I've started playing seriously recently. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I play Frozen Throne under the nick of Tokiyotomare.
I used humans 100% for a while but I sucked so hard with them (I got 3 wins & 21 losses!) I decided to spit on them and I changed to the night elves. My stats are pretty nice now. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Raven
Fri, 04-23-2004, 07:00 AM
I like Orks myself. The standard grunt is pretty powerful, a small group can do some good damage. And the chain-lightning hero is effective as backup.

AkimichiChouji
Fri, 04-23-2004, 08:54 AM
I use to play hardcore undead then i got lazy forgot my account password and had to start all over...Kagari has been a good sparrer, but im really sucked...i have survived on avg 5-10minutes longer tho lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif in the what? 3 games we played in so far

Baka_Desuyo
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:17 AM
What other Blizzard games do you guys play?

Terracosmo
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:22 AM
I really hate ending up with assholes in team games. Once I used my superior mass archer tactics and got paired up with this guy who did mass orc, and we won. He then said that I was "100 % lucky", claiming that the win belonged to him. I destroyed his base before we won.

SK
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by: Baka_Desuyo
What other Blizzard games do you guys play?

I used to play Diablo II online. I was losing big time to this guy using undead and i got 2 chims out and my lvl 6 demon hunter back out and put a spanking on him since he had nothing to attack air. After his third failed attempt on attacking my base he quit. I was mad because i had massed a ton of chims and the thing to attack buildings had just finished but he quit before I could attack his base.

Krbadass
Fri, 04-23-2004, 05:26 PM
I play it, my west name is Burritos

Baka_Desuyo
Fri, 04-23-2004, 07:53 PM
We should definitely start a GotWoot clan.

SK
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:06 PM
yea thatd be hot, i just got owned by this guy i think im 7-32 now since i lost 2 in a row i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Kagari
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:47 PM
Starcraft was my religion from 1998 - 2002. Then WC3 happened.

Baka_Desuyo
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:25 AM
Yeah, Starcraft is awesome. I still play it every now and then, just cause it's so great. I'm really looking forward to Ghost.

Kagari
Sat, 04-24-2004, 09:48 AM
bah! Turn your back on 40 gazillion SC fans by making it console-only? Fuckin blizzard...i/expressions/beer.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Baka_Desuyo
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Where'd you hear that? I heard it was also on PC.

Jman
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:48 PM
unfortunately SC:Ghost is a console exclusive game
according to what i read at the blizzard page

Q: Why is Blizzard Entertainment® entering the console arena?
A: We began our early development efforts in console gaming, and we have always been excited about returning to this arena. Additionally, we've wanted to revisit the StarCraft universe for some time. With StarCraft: Ghost, we are able to do both. Also, due to the game's control interface and tactical-action nature, developing this title for the next-generation console systems makes the most sense. In addition to expanding StarCraft's rich storyline, the game gives players a chance to experience the sci-fi universe from an all-new perspective.

Q: Does Blizzard plan to develop any other console games?
A: While we have not made any announcements, we are considering future console development plans.

They also have plans to do a Starcraft II on the pc but not anytime soon.

lastly here's a cool Ghost wp i found at the site
http://www.blizzard.com/images/ghost/wallpaper/wallpaper03-1024x.jpg

Terracosmo
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:38 PM
I was also very obsessed with Starcraft for a fucking long time. I met my best friend ever on that game. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Baka_Desuyo
Sun, 04-25-2004, 01:17 AM
Yeah, it is pretty mean that they just turned their back on the thousands of fans who have been there since Blizzard's beginning. But then again, it is good that they are broadening their horizons, and it might help them to get more players on comp also.

Tofu #2
Sun, 04-25-2004, 01:26 AM
I used to play normal gamees, with night elves, but lately i've been playing this custom game called DOTA. its real fun.

SK
Sun, 04-25-2004, 10:13 AM
i keep using night elves because i think theyre cool but maybe i should try another race since im 6-32 now

Baka_Desuyo
Sun, 04-25-2004, 10:50 AM
Humans are definitely my favorite cause they're really balanced, but then I like Night Elves caus they're "hot". I also like humans more cause the Paladin is a really awesome hero.

AkimichiChouji
Sun, 04-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Well for Starcraft 2 they said possiblities between 2005-2007, but don't hold your breath, insider reports that they are trying to figure out if they can put the Xel'Naga and another race to make it 5 races to pick from.

As for me

I play Diablo 1, 2, WCIII (original for now), Brood Wars and Starcraft original and lots of others

I was hardcore commited for starcraft from like 1998-2002
I went to WCG Canada Nationals twice, well first year i got 14th, the second i had to go due to personal reasons, but i wish i would've stayed...

The sponsors/MC's said if i finished 4th i could have gone to Korea (because i get airline tickets cheap)

Hmm but if i practice this year hardcore i think i still got a chance i need practice partners again!
who wants to spar with me a couple games a day and such?

lishenlongt3d@hotmail.com
msg me onmsn if you want to play

i am going to play some right now under the name ()RoCK

Baka_Desuyo
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:12 PM
I would've played with you, until hearing that just now. Now I'm afraid that you'll just rape me. Oh, my ass is sore just thinking about it.

AkimichiChouji
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:21 PM
lol but that was back in my nerd days, seriously....i am just getting back in the groove now..im only like 58-33-2 right now :/

Krbadass
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:57 PM
I played war2 from 98' and now im at like... 2600-400 or something

Baka_Desuyo
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by: AkimichiChouji
lol but that was back in my nerd days, seriously....i am just getting back in the groove now..im only like 58-33-2 right now :/

Oh, ok, I might just play you then.

originalkrn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Well i play.. i only play solo games tho.. highest level i got to was level 9 i think, but only with like 24 games played total so its not that bad. Ive been playing DOTA lately haha. That game rocks. Challenge my on dota and you already lost.. But ill play with you, just IM me on AIM : originalkrn. or you can email me at originalkrn@astity.com. We should all get together and play a massive game of like 6vs6 melee or Dota, it would still be awesome

i was a sc freak. Man it was so addicting. I never really got Prosauce like people over at korea, but i can say i can hold my own game.

that ghost WP is pretty cool, but they made her ugly in that pic..

Himura_san
Mon, 04-26-2004, 02:33 AM
I play but usually agains the comp.
I have a good record if I play on random teams, but
when I pair up with a buddy we get our asses spanked! i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
BTW a new patch will come out and its going to provide
a new neuteral hero! yay!!

Stoopider
Mon, 04-26-2004, 04:44 AM
I never played it online. Couldn't find any pc-game shop that selled an original Warcraft3 Cd. Hhahah.

WAnna discuss strategies anyone?

Baka_Desuyo
Mon, 04-26-2004, 09:15 AM
I never like being teamed with computers, they're always the same and so predictable in this.

AkimichiChouji
Mon, 04-26-2004, 11:26 AM
ya and in bw they were a lot harder lol
i remember during a lunch period at high school (1hr 20min periods)

i beat 7 computers in that span it was fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
well on original starcraft

originalkrn
Mon, 04-26-2004, 05:36 PM
no.. BW comps were fuckin easy. WC comps on "hard" difficulty is insane. I only played the normal comps before.. and i got owned. But that was the first time i ever played.. so i dont know about now.. LETS PLAY! GO ON AIM! just IM me... originalkrn

Baka_Desuyo
Mon, 04-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Man, I have so many fond memories of playing Warcraft II back in elementary school. Looking back, I'm really surprised they let us play it. I mean, it's pretty gory for little kids.

AkimichiChouji
Mon, 04-26-2004, 09:28 PM
its hardly gory...then again i guess you can blame video games for columbine in general eh?
i remember at my high school playing quake 3...crashed 147 computers in the school.....3 days of staying at home later and yay i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Baka_Desuyo
Mon, 04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
That's awesome, I need to figure out some really good way to do that to my school. Maybe I'll get a bunch of people to play Jedi Knight or something

SK
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:12 PM
yeah my friend brought the warcraft ii cd into school once in elementary school, that was fun. i used to play the original when i was a kid, not sure i really knew what i was doing hehe. man i keep getting owned, well if you wanna play me for an easy win aim is wortownrican.

Mut
Mon, 05-03-2004, 07:47 PM
i always thought that wc comp was harder than bw comp.

SK
Sun, 05-09-2004, 01:01 PM
anyone know a good site for some strategy because im terrible heh. my friend just gave me the book The Art Of WarCraft its a nice book has all the warcraft art since like II.