PDA

View Full Version : Comp Freezes cuz of bittorrent

Bakamoo
Wed, 04-21-2004, 04:53 AM
As the title says, my comp freezes. I don't have any virus or stuff but if freezes, can anyone help?

Lego
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:36 AM
full computer sats would be appriciated.

I can't think of a reason why BT would freeze your comp. Maybe due to your massive uploading?

I used to have a problem where if i was downloading at a HUGE speed, i would get a kind of lag. But never would freeze my computer.

More info is needed

Bakamoo
Wed, 04-21-2004, 08:56 PM
comp specs are as follows
2.4 gz
512mb ram
geforce 440mx 128mb
windows xp

think that should be enough?
what os do you guys use? Im thinking of changing my os if that will keep me from crashing.

I've tried memtest.org's memory checker and it said nothing's wrong with my memory. I don't have any viruses too. I've tried norton, pc cillin and the rest.

Lego
Wed, 04-21-2004, 09:08 PM
Hmm, with those specs you should encounter NO PROBLEMS.

Its kinda of weird that it would freeze your system, considering im on XP also.

When it freezes, do you have to restart?

or is it just frozen for a little, then opens?

Bakamoo
Thu, 04-22-2004, 02:43 AM
It freezes as in my mouse wont even move. I've tried using rambooster to see what the problem was back then.

It's like first it was at 70% then a sudden drop to 0 or 1%

could it be the ram? not the software part in there, but as in the hardward has a defect like maybe a brocken circuit?

Lego
Thu, 04-22-2004, 04:12 AM
hmm, dunno if its bad RAM, considering everything else seems to be fine for you.

It seems kind of weird to open a BT and have it freeze ya like that. I tried all i know, hopefully someone else can pop in and see whats wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Bakamoo
Thu, 04-22-2004, 11:09 AM
yeah i know, thx anyways