PDA

View Full Version : Naruto FAQ

Himura_san
Wed, 04-21-2004, 03:12 AM
I know alot of people grind their teeth when they see yet another post about who is strongest or if Haku is a boy or a girl, that is why I am proposing a Naruto FAQ and make it a sticky thread. We can have an FAQ for the manga readers and one for the anime watchers so no spoilers get crossed.
So would this be a good idea? I think this will help reduce the newbie posts and such.
well my $0.02.

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:26 AM
It's a good idea, but who cbf making it? I'm in my final semester of Uni, I really don't have much free time at the moment, only enough to do some posting now and then (I'll be back in full force soon though).

If you want to do one up, go right ahead, I'll sticky it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:29 AM
That's a great idea .. but it would have to very clear on what is known and unknown. For example .. we KNOW that Haku was a boy, but we don't know who the strongest character is .. just possibilites and various small pieces of evidence.

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Great idea, but people will still post the same questions.

They'll just rephrase the question:

Was Haku gay?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
That's a great idea .. but it would have to very clear on what is known and unknown. For example .. we KNOW that Haku was a boy, but we don't know who the strongest character is .. just possibilites and various small pieces of evidence.

Huh, I found a site with those graphics that Kabuto said he did on his own, but actually were on the Third exam program (that guy gets more disgusting by the minute).
Anyhow, it's in French, but I guess it's not a big deal to understand, since it's a graphic.
So, I think that question who's the strongest character could be answered with the facts stated there.
click the Les Personnages button on that site.... (http://www.japflap.com/~naruto/)

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:16 PM
? Why would a french website know who the strongest character is? I'll rephrase that .. Why would any source other than Kishimoto himself know who the strongest character is? Is there any concrete evidence from the anime or manga itself? I see lots of indications of the strength of various characters, but nothing that is iron-clad.

I think it's kind of obvious that there is no stronger 'presence' than the Kyuubi, but he is a sealed demon, so he doesn't really count in the big picture at this time, other than being a big sack of chakra for Naruto i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Maybe you can tell me more of what you take from that French site.

EDIT : Checked more into each character's little bio thing .. pretty cool i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:21 PM
Just ask for no spoilers in the thread, or if it's specifically related to either the anime or manga, just post the topic in that section. And yea, I wouldn't go trust some random French website to find out about your unanswered questions, just wait for Kishimoto to provide an explanation.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
Just ask for no spoilers in the thread, or if it's specifically related to either the anime or manga, just post the topic in that section. And yea, I wouldn't go trust some random French website to find out about your unanswered questions, just wait for Kishimoto to provide an explanation.

Had you checked the site, you would have seen that it has no spoilers.

Answering to Memmoch:
The only reason I had for considering it worth mentioning, was the fact that they have those graphics, which I couldn't find in any other site in English.
If you know of any site with such graphics, in English, please let me know.

Btw, if you checked the site, you noticed that they don't mention characters that weren't yet mentioned in the anime, yet.
So, I considered it spoiler-free enough as to post in this forum.
BTW, I didn't say they would know who the strongest guy is, I said, the graphics there could help figure out who the strongest is.
Amazing how some people will criticize stuff without even see it first.... that's kinda boring...
Guess what Konohamarukorps... this is Naruto open discussion. Really, you're a point above the category of annoying, you really belong in the category of boring. You should really work harder in finding stuff in my posts to criticize. So far, you're doing a piss-poor job.

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:31 PM
I checked the sight, especially since I'm bored and at work. It didn't contain any information that we didn't know already. I babelfished it, form French to English. At first I thought you meant that Akamaru was the stronges because he was at the top of the list. That would have rocked.

But if you saw something there the sparked your interest, please specifically point it out.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
I checked the sight, especially since I'm bored and at work. It didn't contain any information that we didn't know already. I babelfished it, form French to English. At first I thought you meant that Akamaru was the stronges because he was at the top of the list. That would have rocked.

But if you saw something there the sparked your interest, please specifically point it out.

Huh, I found a site with those graphics that Kabuto said he did on his on
I feel like I am almost double or triple posting here...

hiten mitsurugi
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:43 PM
No I got that part. Damn plagiarist.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Yeah sorry N-A-S, didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing your post about the site, I was just curious as to what it was about that site that you thought would be specifically relevant to answering the question of strength. You said "click the Les Personnages button on that site....", so I thought you meant something specific that everyone would notice clearly i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hahah I also noticed the fact that Akamaru being at the top was what I thought you were talking about .. it would be hilarious if he was the strongest i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

But Pakkun > Akamaru in the doggie coolness level i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
Yeah sorry N-A-S, didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing your post about the site, I was just curious as to what it was about that site that you thought would be specifically relevant to answering the question of strength. You said "click the Les Personnages button on that site....", so I thought you meant something specific that everyone would notice clearly i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hahah I also noticed the fact that Akamaru being at the top was what I thought you were talking about .. it would be hilarious if he was the strongest i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

But Pakkun > Akamaru in the doggie coolness level i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Oh, never mind, I didn't take what you said as a criticism.
I didn't want to double post, so I answered to the post of that less than pleasant kid in the same as yours.
And, also, sorry if I didn't make myself clear about why I liked that site.
Those graphics actually come from the Naruto fan book, if I am not terribly mistaken, but the fact is that such book is in Japanese.
So, if I *really* wanted to be an ass, I would learn Japanese just to translate that book, and be a Naruto know it all. How about that??? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Yeah, for me it's hard to tell which critter is cooler, Pakkun or Aka. Kuromaru is cool,too with his eye-patched veteran look...and he can talk!
The only prob with Aka is Kiba. Not that I don't like the kid, but he is kinda stupid. He has to translate everything that Akamaru says, and you know what happened when he told he about Kabuto... Just STFU, Kiba i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Think about the topic before acting like a smart ass N-A-S, the spoilers weren't referring to your French website, I know it's Open Discussion. I was talking about making a FAQ so that spoilers will not get crossed. I don't know French, I didn't bother with the website, I was talking to Memnoch at the second part, when I agreed that finding the strongest character probably shouldn't be at that site.

Neiji-Aniki, I'll give you your own advice if you think my posts are boring
a) don't read them
b) report it to a mod

Uberbaka
Wed, 04-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Where did they get the mission listing for the demon brothers? Like how many a rank missions they did etc?

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-21-2004, 05:01 PM
I'll post one :

FAQ : Who are Naruto's parents?

Answer : Nothing is known about Naruto's mother yet, and nothing firm on Naruto's father, although many believe that the 4th could be him. There is some circumstantial evidence, such as when Jiraiya looked up at the face of the 4th on the hokage cliff and said 'don't take this personally' when he was getting ready to knock Naruto off the cliff. This doesn't prove anything, however, and we will just have to wait and see! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 04-21-2004, 10:40 PM
this is a good thread for noobs, but some of them dare not to venture in here bc they are araid of spoilers, o well but all in all this is a good thread

Mut
Thu, 04-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Naruto 101! (http://bb.1asphost.com/mkvli357)

problem solved. thank Elessar for the idea.

and i'm not gonna put bullshit things like "is haku a girl or a boy" cuz if you can't figure that out by watching than you are a complete dumbass.

Himura_san
Thu, 04-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
It's a good idea, but who cbf making it? I'm in my final semester of Uni, I really don't have much free time at the moment, only enough to do some posting now and then (I'll be back in full force soon though).

If you want to do one up, go right ahead, I'll sticky it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Well I proposed the idea, but I have little time to maintain it as well. I also am finishing the semester at Uni so you know how that is ;-)

Mut
Thu, 04-22-2004, 01:23 AM
about that french site... how credible is their information and material? i'm referring to the "missions" and that statistical graph.