PDA

View Full Version : Anime Similarities

Knives122
Tue, 04-20-2004, 06:15 PM
You know who Sakura and Sasuke remind me of?

Kagome and Inuyasha,

let me explain:
1.) Inuyasha thinks kagome is anoying and stupid in the beginning/ Sasuke doesnt like Sakura in the beginning
2.) Kagome always thinks Inuyasha is a "HERO"(sarcastic expression)/ Sakura thinks Sasuke some god that she needs to worship.

This anime pulls a lot of questions into play, b/c the more i think about it the more i think that the creator of NARUTO stole ideas from other animes shows (just a thought though)

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 04-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
You know who Sakura and Sasuke remind me of?

Kagome and Inuyasha,

let me explain:
1.) Inuyasha thinks kagome is anoying and stupid in the beginning/ Sasuke doesnt like Sakura in the beginning
2.) Kagome always thinks Inuyasha is a "HERO"(sarcastic expression)/ Sakura thinks Sasuke some god that she needs to worship.

This anime pulls a lot of questions into play, b/c the more i think about it the more i think that the creator of NARUTO stole ideas from other animes shows (just a thought though)

Oh, come on, Kagome can shoot a mean arrow when she want to. Right around chapter 25 or something she shot Naraku's ass big time, he went so sick he had to find a new body.
Kagome is smart and has lots of sense. She doesn't worship Inuyasha, just is a bit more lenient with him than she should.
No comparson...
The only thing I see is that Naruto and Inuyasha both can be quite dense, Inuyasha even more than Naruto, and Inu has a fouler mouth...well, he's older, after all.

Hyuga Koji
Tue, 04-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Kagome annoyed me more than Sakura in the beginning since she loved those rosaries.

For the first 5 episodes i was hoping he'd just kill her.

Other than their general moments of annoyance they don't have a lot in common.

hiten mitsurugi
Tue, 04-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Sasuke and Sakura remind me of Rezelmine.

Mut
Tue, 04-20-2004, 07:52 PM
naruto reminds me of dbz. sorry i had to say it.

LaZie
Tue, 04-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Id have to say that Naruto is similar to Gohan in DBZ.......Naruto has an enormous power inside of him........so does Gohan before he did that Mystic training thing.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 04-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Catloaf is 100% right on this one, tons of similarities to DBZ i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Thankfully, there are also differences ..

Knives122
Tue, 04-20-2004, 10:16 PM
but do you denie the fact that naruto has other factors that make it seem like other animes(other than DBZ)

jing
Tue, 04-20-2004, 10:30 PM
naruto is similar to the anime SLAM DUNK!
Naruto would be similar to Sakuragi, a newbie with a talent and likes a girl named Haruko, and Haruko would be similar to Sakura because they both like a person, and in Haruko's case, she is crazy about a boy named Rukawa, who is similar to Sasuke (cool, and expert, genius). Naruto and Sasuke are rivals just like Rukawa and Sakuragi.

hornetmike
Tue, 04-20-2004, 10:58 PM
personally, i'd pick kagome sooner than i'd pick sakura. remember her traps in the forest during the second exam. how pathetic was that. and her biting that guys as a last ditch effort. At least kagome can shoot a mean ass arrow.

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:02 PM
I guess it's obvious that not everyone can become a great ninja overnight, but it IS very annoying to watch Sakura stay weak for so long. Why doesn't she ask Kakashi to teach her at least ONE cool jutsu that matches her abilities (apparently Genjutsu + chakra control?). Argh .. methinks that Kakashi is a good, but unmotivated teacher.

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:15 PM
i dont know, i mean you can compare them, but then again one will always be better then the other, nvm im just typing wutever comes to my head right now so sorry

Stoopider
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:18 AM
When it comes to originality nowadays, everybody has done it. It's very rare you get to see a anime totally different with different concepts compared to everyone else. Nearly Everything's been done. SO i won't blame Kishimoto or blame him for plagarism. However I have to say, that he did a very good job putting everything together.

I find in lots of animes, Manga's... the hero/heroine's mostly
a) A brooding fellow
b) A loser or a dumbass
c) Sad fellow with sad pasts

Well, there are others, but usually there's always something wrong with the hero/heroine one way or another. It creates interest in the protagonist for that reason.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by: Stoopider

b) A loser or a dumbass

All heros are dumbasses, in every story. They always have to have a smart sidekick to do the thinking for them. This started with the Greeks, not with anime. You can think of Hercules Also, you have Achilles the dumbass and Ulysses the smartass.
If a hero were smart he wouldn't be get himself into trouble. Basically, he does what he does because he's not afraid of anything. And people who aren't afraid of anything are real dumbasses. You have Siegfried who was afraid of nothing and died due to this peculiar aspect of stupidity.
And since I went slightly off-topic, I shall add that Gaara is similar to Norman Bates and Sakura is similar to Marion Crane in Psycho. But unlike Marion, Sakura didn't die way before of middle of the picture, as she should. I sure would like to ask Kishimoto if his work is influenced by Hitchcock. That zero he puts on Sakura's back is *very* Hitchcock...Makes easier to identify the real stupid characters...

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:03 AM
Heros also don't really need to be smart in some stories. In Hellsing, Alucard is just a badass, he doesn't need to be smart, and in GB, Midou Ban is actually a genius. Kishimoto was influenced by Akira Toriyama (DragonBall), and younger Goku was an idiot, but good at heart, kind've like Naruto. DBZ is probably the easiest to find similarites, but I'm sure there are others you could use.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:20 AM
Itachi is just like Osaka from Azumanga Daioh, only less intimidating than she is i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Naruto is like DBZ, only done right.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed DBZ in its time, but it's so long, and draaaaags. All the fights are the same.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:31 AM
Yeah I know what you mean about DBZ, I don't think it deserves quite as much bashing as it gets, but it sure DID drag on foreeever and ever. My favorite of all the DBZ I watched (maybe 1/4 of it? eps here and there..) was the History of Trunks movie thing.

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Yeah, that was good actually.

I only wish that DB ended when Toriyama intended it to. Trunks would never have been introduced, but oh well. It would have been better IMHO.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:18 AM
I really can't see much similarities between Inuyasha and Naruto... i mean, it's true that Inuyasha didn't like Kagome for the first few chapters, but after that, everything he's done was for her...
and Kagome actually yells on Inuyasha quite alot, so he isn't always the hero...

Maybe kouga and Ino are somewhat alike, seeing how both of them are running after one person who doesn't really care for them, but isn't exactly telling them it... But if anything, then Kouga is just like Ryoga, Kuno and a few other ranma charecters...

as mentioned before, Naruto has alot of similarities with DBZ, even some of the fights are ripped off (like how krillin farted in DB on his enemy), and the whole concept is really the same...

I can't think of anything else who has a definante similarity now, maybe Sasuke and Kurapica, but Kurapica is so much better that it's an insult to him to be compared with Sasuke...