PDA

View Full Version : Naruto movie new ads!!

Winged Dancer
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Has anyone here already seen these new ads?

http://xplo.free.fr/naruto/Naruto-ad-movie.jpg <-- First and best

http://xplo.free.fr/naruto/Naruto-ad-movie2.jpg <--- This one has character sketches and all

http://xplo.free.fr/naruto/ <--- that's the main directory, in case the links above don't work

Anyway, I'm in the proccess of translating the first Ad, but I can tell you the title for sure...

"Big troubles!! It's the ninja-chronicles of the Snow Princess!!"

By Thursday I'll be able to ask my japanese teacher for help and I'll post whetever she says... the date for the movie is Saturday, August 21, wonder how much it'll take for the fan-subbing companies to get it out...?

Also, seems the characters will be wearing half-different costumes, mainly some kind of cloaks.

Jman
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:48 PM
I guess the cloaks are for warmth since they're supposedly going to the village of snow. I hope they remove them for the fights though. It seems a bit clunky to me, if they were to fight with hooded winter cloaks on.

Stoopider
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:11 PM
It looks like Naruto is going to travel into a Icy place. Probably the same place Haku came from??
Or It's just during the winter.

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:20 PM
nice, wish that august was here already so i can watch it

XwingRob
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:21 PM
The cloaks are for flying, not for protection from snow....sheesh, noobs. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Edit: It also appears that Naruto is performing rasengan in that ad.

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:57 PM
hmm.....i suppose it IS possible that he could learn the rasengan by august......never even thought about that possibility

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-21-2004, 12:22 AM
It's gonna be sweeeeet seeing the Rasengan animated i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Especially when Jiraiya opens up that big can of whoopass with it when he and Naruto are traveling .. and when Naruto blasts that water tower apart i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

The pic on the movie poster looks almost like he's doing Chidori .. blue lightning kinda thing? Weird .. maybe it doesn't mean anything at all *that would suck!*

Trip
Wed, 04-21-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
hmm.....i suppose it IS possible that he could learn the rasengan by august......never even thought about that possibility

Yea, but sasuke leaves the group before they get a chance to go on a mission together... i feel that this story (the film) wont fit very well into the overall plotg if at all.

Assertn
Wed, 04-21-2004, 12:47 AM
well yeah.....theyve done that countless times with dbz.....but after this chuunin exam.....they wont really be a group anymore anyway

Uberbaka
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:39 AM
Look at the movie poster... to the left, what's a filmcrew doing there? I'm kinda worried this movie will be like that one ep where they were running around in their dressing rooms trying to get the double-episode on air... *sigh* I fear they're gonna make most of the fights "acting fighting" and then in the end up in a real fight or whatever.

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:51 AM
I don't particularly like the gloves they're wearing... the cloaks are ok though.

Jman
Wed, 04-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by: Uberbaka
Look at the movie poster... to the left, what's a filmcrew doing there? I'm kinda worried this movie will be like that one ep where they were running around in their dressing rooms trying to get the double-episode on air... *sigh* I fear they're gonna make most of the fights "acting fighting" and then in the end up in a real fight or whatever.

I think the film crew will be a part of movie itself.
Below is someone's brief translation of what was on the movie site.
Found at this site (http://llamakillers.sunset.net/paradise/)

Quote:
The long film:

A-rank Mission Protect the Fuun Princess!

The new mission for Naruto & Co., is to protect a very selfish movie actress, Fujikaze Yukie, who plays a Fuun Pricess in a mega hit movie series Adventure of Fuun Princess.
The location of the last one of the series is Snow country where everything is covered by ice throughout the year. However, Yukie says Ill never go to the Snow Country! and runs away from the movie set. There seems to be something related to her hidden past...

Memory of Kakashi once did a mission in the Snow Country when he was in Anbu. And Ninjas who wears armor with tricks and wait for them in Snow Countries. Are they allies or ...?

- Short one:

A Great Sports Event is held in the Hidden Konoha village. Rookies go against each other to keep the pride of their team.
This is a funny story.

-Mafuyu

--------

and the film crew guy on the far left resembles Lee.
Naruto Movie Pic (http://www.littlecooldude.com/~animemaster/top.jpg)

yami saru chan
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:57 PM
the pose narutos in in the 1st poster....ive seen it before, cloak and all....from battle angel alita lost order...sorry. it cool though..............

kilzo
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:06 PM
I dont know if anyone noticed, but i was lookin around through the narutofan and saw they had some new news about the movie details, they talked about how they where going to have a flashback on kakashi when he was 17. They said they where going to talk about his time in ANBU(!?!?) and his life at the time.

Now i know this was overtalked way beyond its time, but think this is new news for him and his eye. My guess is now that was an ANBU at one time, he took an eye of someone on one of his missions, and used it for his own. I think someone said how he wanted one, and oro claimed that his eye was new since the last time he saw him.

Dunno, sorry about digging up an over-popular thread.

Raven
Thu, 04-22-2004, 10:06 PM
If they're gonna explain how he got his eye, I hope it will be Kishimoto who creates the plot, and not some money-hungry anime producer. I'm not sure how it all works, but hopefully Kishimoto will do it, it'll be lame otherwise.

Mut
Thu, 04-22-2004, 11:15 PM
i don't know if anyone knows this, but anyone know if kakashi was in anbu while the 4th was still alive?personally, i think it's possible cuz kakashi would've been like 14 or so and i believe itachi was an anbu captain at 13. if this is true, then we could see some of the 4th interacting with kakashi. i just want to know what everyone else thinks.

jing
Fri, 04-23-2004, 12:18 AM
i think the 4th is already dead when itachi was an anbu captain. cuz itachi i tihnk is 17 right now, and sasuke is 12/13. which meant that sasuke was alive when itachi was the captain. and if sasuke is alive, so is naruto. and you get the picture. but maybe kakashi was anbu while 4th is alive. but he must have been at a young age as you said like in the teens.

Mut
Fri, 04-23-2004, 12:39 AM
ok... let me think some things over. i'll be back with some age calculations.

alright. so at age 7 is when itachi graduated (at the top of his academy) and that's the same age sasuke was when itachi committed genocide. so let's say sasuke is 13 right now. so... it has been 6 years since that day and the kyubi was sealed 12-13 years ago. right now, kakashi is 27 years old, so... here's what i found out:

- itachi was around 4 or 5 during the sealing of the kyubi.
- it says that itachi became an anbu captain at 13 so with my calculations (if they are correct) itachi would've been about 11 years old when he killed his clan and family (wtf? doesn't sound right).
- kakashi would've been 14-15 year old when the kyubi was sealed... i don't know when kakashi became anbu but if the source is correct (about the movie showing kakashi in his anbu days as a 17 year old) then i guess it's possible that kakashi was still hanging out with the 4th.

so... from this, i've concluded that i am very confused.

Himura_san
Fri, 04-23-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

alright. so at age 7 is when itachi graduated (at the top of his academy) and that's the same age sasuke was when itachi committed genocide. so let's say sasuke is 13 right now. so... it has been 6 years since that day and the kyubi was sealed 12-13 years ago. right now, kakashi is 27 years old, so... here's what i found out:

- it says that itachi became an anbu captain at 13 so with my calculations (if they are correct) itachi would've been about 11 years old when he killed his clan and family (wtf? doesn't sound right).
- kakashi would've been 14-15 year old when the kyubi was sealed... i don't know when kakashi became anbu but if the source is correct (about the movie showing kakashi in his anbu days as a 17 year old) then i guess it's possible that kakashi was still hanging out with the 4th.

If Itachi was 11 when he killed the clan he would not become an ANBU leader at 13, he would be captured and killed or escape from the villiage, so the 2nd statement is definitely incorrect. I don't think enough data is given to make correct calculation on the age of Itachi.

XwingRob
Fri, 04-23-2004, 02:55 AM
Ok, I'll just throw in a crazy theory here.(Its probaly can be easily proven wrong though)
Itachi did kill the Uchiha clan at age 11 and nobody figured out who acutually killed them until a few years later. And Sasuke? Well, er...he was...er...messed up badly(in his head) so he couldn't tell anyone who killed the clan. It might make sense(about the sasuke being messed up in the head for a few years) because I always wonder why Sasuke didn't follow what Naruto did-going to ninja academy sooner to get a head start.
But you probaly can prove it wrong. I just don't remember all the manga details at the moment.

Raven
Fri, 04-23-2004, 07:29 AM
I always thought that he left the village immediately after killing the clan. Not sure where I got that impression though.

It'd be really cool to see some of the 4th though. Yondaime and Kakashi as teacher and student. Hey, maybe we'll even find out his name! Well, maybe only his first name.

Mut
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by: Himura_san

Originally posted by: Mut@t@

If Itachi was 11 when he killed the clan he would not become an ANBU leader at 13, he would be captured and killed or escape from the villiage, so the 2nd statement is definitely incorrect. I don't think enough data is given to make correct calculation on the age of Itachi.

i was thinking it was weird too but in the manga it says that (during the itachi killing flashbacks) sasuke was 7 on the night of the genocide and we know that itachi is 4-5 years older than sasuke so he has to be around 11.

Gods_Son
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:39 AM
I really don't think they'll show much about the past of Kakashi, Itachi or the 4th in the movie. Hopefully, I'll get proven wrong though, and there'll be a lot more to the movie than what I'm assuming.

dregen
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:26 AM
I havn't read the manga but I'm going to throw this out there.

I think that it is very possible that the 4th was around when kakashi became an ANBU. Think about it if he became a Chuunin at the age of 6 (if I'm correct) then how much longer would it have taken him to become an ANBU. Matbe he isn't 17 maybe he's 11 to 13. who knows tell what you think of that.

NM
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
I really don't think they'll show much about the past of Kakashi, Itachi or the 4th in the movie. Hopefully, I'll get proven wrong though, and there'll be a lot more to the movie than what I'm assuming.

I hope they do show alot of the past. I really want to see how Kakashi got the Sharingan Eye and how he cut through lightning with his Chidori and started calling it the Lightining Edge.