PDA

View Full Version : Why does Hokage hold naruto

GokuSonGoku
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:22 PM
I have a question.. In eps 72 Hokage holds a child that look like naruto and i think it is... But why does he..

Look for you self Naruto episode 72 19:25 to 19:38..

Toruxxx
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:18 PM
well it is naruto my guess is it is after he had the kyubi sealed in him and the 3rd just held him if it is the 3rd anyway.

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 04-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Why shouldn't he, Naruto is literally "the embodiment of their savior."

Raven
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Plus, he was an orphan at that point as far as we know. The 3rd was probably right next to him when kyuubi got sealed, he probably just instinctively picked him up.

hornetmike
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:04 PM
well technically, it was partly due to naruto that the village was saved from kyubi. So why wouldn't he hold him. Also the 4th did say he wanted naruto to be treated like a hero. So being that compassionate leader/elder he is. He was holding baby naruto

MemnochTheCaT
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:11 PM
The 3rd was holding Naruto because he was just that cool, he knew Naruto was going to have an important future i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:12 PM
hmm, ive never really noticed that, and from wut i c, it is naruto, u can tell by the wiskers or wutever those things that are on his cheek, and for wut reason the hokage is holding, no one may ever know till we get deeper into the anime, the only person that might of know how naruto's father was couldve been teh 3rd but now hes dead, but i strongly believe that naruto is the son of the 4th, i dont know why but its just a feeling that i have

XwingRob
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:55 AM
It does kinda make you wonder who took care of Naruto during his early years. It couldn't be the third, he's Hokage so he wouldn't have had time to take care of Naruto 24/7.
Maybe we will see this caretaker in the future?

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:27 AM
He's probably grown up without a mother, hence the fact that he's obnoxious, rude and hyperactive.

hornetmike
Wed, 04-21-2004, 08:29 AM
well i for one would be interested in seein his caretaker. i don't think they just tossed him in an apartment all by himself with no supervision. obviously that person didn't do too well in that task cause of naruto's failures and lack of basic ninja skill mastery.

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Maybe it's Iruka? Everyone else seems to hate him.

Maybe while he was a baby they got random women to care for his baby needs, seeing as babies usually need 24/7 care, then when he was a bit older Iruka took him in? Just a guess, we'll probably never find out.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
He's probably grown up without a mother, hence the fact that he's obnoxious, rude and hyperactive.

People grow having mothers and turn out even worse. Naruto showing those characteristic has nothing to do with the fact that he had no mother. I can think of many people that are like that and grew up with a mother... well who knows. maybe she was an absent one. I have to think about a bit more your theory and I will get back to you...

Lithonite
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:44 PM
There is something about the sealing process that confuses me, when the 3rd sealed using the 4th technique, it was sealed in him..lost forever..why isnt the nine tails seal and lost forever in the 4th's rotting corpse

lol i wear shirts
Wed, 04-21-2004, 10:13 PM
no no no, the real question is, how the sauce did naruto pay his way through ninja school and pay rent for his apartment and what have you?! was he on some sort of ninja welfare program? is naruto mexican?

originalkrn
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:46 PM
how do you even know if they have to pay for rent? And he couldve gotten food and money from iruka. Anyway.. about the hokage holding Naruto... well come on, Naruto IS an orphan, the 4th did leave Naruto as a symbol for some type of hero of konoha, or maybe he was just holding him cuz he wanted to. He is the hokage after all.

Sat, 04-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by: lol i wear shirts
no no no, the real question is, how the sauce did naruto pay his way through ninja school and pay rent for his apartment and what have you?! was he on some sort of ninja welfare program? is naruto mexican?

I get the impression that the Ninja Academy is free for any citizen of Konoha that is able to keep up with it. I wouldn't be surprised if most of Konoha has gone through at least the Genin level.
It's possibly even Konoha's only school.

The Hokage explains to Oro how dedicated the ninjas are to Konoha. The ninjas are Konoha's only army.
They let you into the Academy for free, and when you complete it, you're naturally indebted to the country you love to be a ninja.

And if you don't feel indebted and in love with your country, you end up like Oro or Itachi.

bcrogers
Fri, 10-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Note it's called a village, it's not a city. This is a different world...he's an orphan who's parents likely died fighting the kyuubi (be they hokage or commoner), I doubt they'd just let him rot. Do you see any homeless in Konoha? Or anyone bitching about taxes? No, because it's a village, and everyone contributes. However, I doubt it's Konoha's only school. You see people with other trades, and their is a digital world in "Naruto-verse," it's just none of this concerns Naruto.

And also, since the 3rd chose the 4th, it's quite likely they were very close. If he was the professor, he'd know what Yondaime was going to do...and he'd be there with him in his fina; moments. Also, I think the soul can be sealed in anything. Shukaku was sealed in a teakettle, no? And Piccolo in a rice cooker? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Terracosmo
Fri, 10-21-2005, 11:16 PM
I hope you realize that you just bumped a one and a half year old topic.

Strider
Mon, 10-24-2005, 10:56 AM
.. Lmao.

I swear, I was just trolling along and wondered where this topic came from, and how it was on the first page with so many replies out of the blue.

Terra explains it all, like Clarissa.

And, yes. I added to the insanity.

Jadugar
Wed, 10-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Why does Hokage hold naruto?

becuase he felt like holding him.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

+1

Divinity
Mon, 11-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Kid Kakashi looks so cool!

Dunpar
Sat, 12-03-2005, 08:33 PM
any one ever thoguth that maby naruto is the son of the 4th and that his mother died during birth.... and since he is the child of the 4th then he would get taken care of... i mean after all that would explaine WHY NARUTO LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE THE 4th.......

Divinity
Sat, 12-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by: Dunpar
any one ever thoguth that maby naruto is the son of the 4th and that his mother died during birth.... and since he is the child of the 4th then he would get taken care of... i mean after all that would explaine WHY NARUTO LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE THE 4th.......

That could be a possibility. Interesting thought.

Carnage
Sat, 12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
enough with the Yondaime - Naruto relations. Sarutobi is not gonna leave a baby to die.

Assertn
Sun, 12-04-2005, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by: Dunpar

Yes. We just unanimously chose not to discuss that any further after about 30 topics pertaining to the correlation have been made in these forums so far.

heero
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:33 AM
here's a question...when the 3rd used 4th's jutsu (that sealing thing with the death god) on orochimaru, the death god takes both person's soul and eats it. Why is it different from how the 4th sealed the kyuubi? shouldnt the death god take the kyuubi's soul instead of going into naruto's body?

Carnage
Sun, 12-04-2005, 08:55 AM
The Kyuubi has infinite chakra, so its really powerful(duh! i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif ), but it also depends on the power of the user of the technique.The third couldnt completeky take Orochimaru. Just his arms.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 12-04-2005, 11:48 AM
He does raise a good point, why wasn't Kyuubi sealed in the Death God and Naruto instead?

Maybe as long as the user dies, he's allowed to do what he wants with the enemy.

Dunpar
Sun, 12-04-2005, 12:50 PM
( THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT)
maby that use naruto as some tipe of medame..... so like this ( the fox..>...baby naruto...>...and the 4th....) so in thought the 4t would have lost his soul.....but since the body cant live with out a soul and that the kyuubi was seald inside...... maby the kyuubi fought to keep naruto's soul..... there for leting the 4th die but give naruto his soul......
and the only reason that is was done that was becouse the kyuubi is WAY to strong to be cut by the knife or somthing like that.......

Assertn
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Maybe the physical form remains sealed within the body of the caster, while the spiritual form exists within the death god?

Assassin
Sun, 12-04-2005, 06:38 PM
i thought it was explained that the opponents soul is sealed within the user (remember the deathgods arms comming out of sarutobi). I guess the user can choose to seal it within some other vessel as well, instead of himself.

Probably something to do with with teh whole demon thing. maybe it can't ever be destroyed, it can only be sealed.

Be careful not to mention that EVER again. that'll be an instant ban i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Dunpar
Sun, 12-04-2005, 07:50 PM
hehe....opps.....sorry didnt know.....ok

heero
Sun, 12-04-2005, 11:56 PM
another question is... why didnt the forth use a kage bushin as a sacrifice like the third did? he wouldnt have died if he use that to seal the kyuubi

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by: heero
another question is... why didnt the forth use a kage bushin as a sacrifice like the third did? he wouldnt have died if he use that to seal the kyuubi

oh FFS.....this was just discussed in another topic i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

KoKo37
Mon, 12-05-2005, 03:02 AM

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

oh FFS.....this was just discussed in another topic

in case your to lazy to check the other topic lol, just summoning teh death god = instant death >: ), lol also

Be careful not to mention that EVER again. that'll be an instant ban

how is that an instant ban? XD, the rule says that only applies to "Naruto Anime" fourm XD, so i dun think it matters in open discussion, if im wrong then bah... lol

Additional rules for Naruto Anime forum:
2. No discussion of the preview or the next episode in the Episode XXX Discussion threads: Discussing the preview of the upcoming episode is considered spoiling. You may start another thread used for discussing the preview or the upcoming episode.

XanBcoo
Mon, 12-05-2005, 03:21 AM
Koko...what does that rule you pasted have to do with anything?

They were referring to this one, in "STOP DOING THIS!!"

Naruto/Yondaime threads
Unless we find solid evidence of a relationship between these two, enough with these threads!
Apparently that goes for discussion too.

KoKo37
Mon, 12-05-2005, 04:41 AM
hmm never saw that one XD, my bad then >i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif lol

Kensee
Mon, 12-05-2005, 06:20 AM
4th is still alive, and is the leader of the Akansaki .. he was curropted by the technique he used and the only thing that is left is the embodiment of evil and hatred that would make oro quiver in his lil girly boots.

-_- ! it explains everyhting! buahahah i r genious!

side note: what does ffs mean -_-

Divinity
Mon, 12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: Kensee
4th is still alive, and is the leader of the Akansaki .. he was curropted by the technique he used and the only thing that is left is the embodiment of evil and hatred that would make oro quiver in his lil girly boots.

-_- ! it explains everyhting! buahahah i r genious!

side note: what does ffs mean -_-

it means... FOR F**K SAKES, your theory blows.

jk! but... thats what FFS means though.

ChaosK
Mon, 12-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
i thought it was explained that the opponents soul is sealed within the user (remember the deathgods arms comming out of sarutobi). I guess the user can choose to seal it within some other vessel as well, instead of himself.

Probably something to do with with teh whole demon thing. maybe it can't ever be destroyed, it can only be sealed.

Be careful not to mention that EVER again. that'll be an instant ban

no, sarutobi was attempting to seal orochimaru inside himself too remember, the weird symbol appeared on him too, and after sarutobi was taken by the death god...which brings me to another question, what if the 4th IS naruto? i mean, if the 4th tried sealing kyubi in himself like sarutobi did and succeeded, then wouldnt naruto be inside HIM? woah, my mind is boggling now.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Carnage
Mon, 12-05-2005, 10:04 PM
The Kyuubi tastes like shit. Thats why the Death God wouldnt take it into his stomach.

@Assertn: You welcomei/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

Assertn
Mon, 12-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: God#2
The Kyuubi tastes like shit. Thats why the Death God wouldnt take it into his stomach.

Thanks for that enlightened contribution

Dunpar
Mon, 12-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by: God#2

@Assertn: You welcome

whell that helped........

whell what Chaoskiddo said earler is a good idead but let me try to unscrew it a little..... or mabby worse... u deside

naruto could be the 4th but maby only a few things are similer... shuch as his hair.....and ......... his looks.......

but other then that.... unless someone has another thought..... i think he isnt tooo much like the 4th...

whell the death god traps anyone and takes it to be digested where he has ulsers for all enternty......so the fox held onto the baby as a devise to hold himself.... and maby he pulled a little hard.... after all we dont have any pictures of what naruto looks like before he gets the seal.....
( dont ban i was just trying to help....hehe)

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-05-2006, 04:39 AM
its probably right after the kyuubi was sealed. 3rd probably thought, *poor kid, the fuckin monster and its chakra must have fried his brain...* and guess what, it did.

ImitationSanen
Mon, 01-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Anyway I think the Hokage held Naruto as a way of conveying affection and trying to comfort the kid. You realize the kind of fate he was placing on this poor baby by sealing a demon like the Kyuubi inside him? I also have to agree with the above post, I bet Kyuubi tastes like shit, have you ever eaten fox? too furry.

uzumaki_naruto_03
Mon, 02-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I have a question. about the who was taking care of Naruto. I bet maybe Kakashi and Iruka maybe took turns taking care of him perhaps. Because Kakashi did mentioned that he had Grown a lot. a few times in the serries opening. So i was just thinking Kakashi probably took care of Naruto also perhaps the grown up Ninja in Konoha took turns taking care of him like Kakashi, Iruka, Asuma, Tsunade, ect ect ect. They also in the beggining said they found the boy out side of Konoha did they not ? Like in some sort of Revine area ? So maybe his parents died in a Landslide or such. and perhaps the Hokage found Naruto and the 4th Hokage was able to use Naruto in a since. and since he is the Hero of the Village maybe Naruto does not have to pay rent for the room he has after all if you remeber it seems like his house is small they probably just gave him what he needed and he probably got food from Iruka or Kakashi perhaps both of them combined used there money to help Naruto. even the 3rd Hokage probably helped Naruto out immensily. Just a thought. and to remind you to clear up some of the confusion.

uzumaki_naruto_03
Mon, 02-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I have a question. about the who was taking care of Naruto. I bet maybe Kakashi and Iruka maybe took turns taking care of him perhaps. Because Kakashi did mentioned that he had Grown a lot. a few times in the serries opening. So i was just thinking Kakashi probably took care of Naruto also perhaps the grown up Ninja in Konoha took turns taking care of him like Kakashi, Iruka, Asuma, Tsunade, ect ect ect. They also in the beggining said they found the boy out side of Konoha did they not ? Like in some sort of Revine area ? So maybe his parents died in a Landslide or such. and perhaps the Hokage found Naruto and the 4th Hokage was able to use Naruto in a since. and since he is the Hero of the Village maybe Naruto does not have to pay rent for the room he has after all if you remeber it seems like his house is small they probably just gave him what he needed and he probably got food from Iruka or Kakashi perhaps both of them combined used there money to help Naruto. even the 3rd Hokage probably helped Naruto out immensily. Just a thought. and to remind you to clear up some of the confusion. ah and one more side note dont forget how Concerned Iruka sensei was when Kakashi entered all 3 into it. he was probably more worryed about Naruto then Sakura and Sasuke. and Iruka seemed so mad at Kakashi then.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 02-08-2006, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
...which brings me to another question, what if the 4th IS naruto? i mean, if the 4th tried sealing kyubi in himself like sarutobi did and succeeded, then wouldnt naruto be inside HIM? woah, my mind is boggling now.

No, wait! what if the fourth is Naruto's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050522/images/arts_spaceballs.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

tali/spetz
Tue, 02-14-2006, 07:38 PM
The 4th being Naruto's father kind of would make since with all the likenesses there are, who knows? It make him an orphan if he wasn't one before that. I know the rasengan isn't some blood trait but theres only 3 people to my knowledge who can do it which is of coincidence if you ask me, but the 3rd holding the child is probably just the purpose of moving the story along. Probably just purely conicendental in my opinion, but an arch on the caretaker and his parents would be interesting would it not?

ST_11
Mon, 02-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Hasn't anybody noticed this. Was the 3rd hokage in retirement when the 4th was alive? I mean a village can't have 2 hokages....

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 02-27-2006, 07:40 PM
I always thought about that. It can only be assumed the Third stepped down for the Fourth because he was too powerful not to be Hokage, which really says something about Orochimaru that he couldn't become Hokage after all that time.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 02-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Nah. The third really wanted Orochimaru to be hokage. The reason Orochimaru wasn't made Hokage is because Sandaime knew there was something wrong with him. He "sensed" the evil or something like that, and decided against giving the position to orochimaru. I think I remember that being said in the Orochimaru/Hokage fight in the anime.

XanBcoo
Mon, 02-27-2006, 11:44 PM
The Third Hokage obviously stepped down from his position to give the 4th the role of Hokage. Perhaps a new Kage is chosen once a better candidate has been found, thus when Sandaime was aged and Yondaime was capable enough to take on the roll, he did so. This is also seen when Sandaime receives his title when the first two Hokages are alive.

Also, if I remember correctly, the 3rd was willing to kill Orochimaru (during that flashback in the dungeon place with the immortality jutsu) while he was still Hokage. It wasn't just a "sense". He knew Oro was messed up.

ST_11
Tue, 02-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Then why didn't he choose JiraYja or tsunade to replace him, and, we had to wait until he died so the "Council" (the elders, I think) chose Jirayja then Tsunade.

Jadugar
Wed, 03-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Why does Hokage hold Naruto?

Why not?

Is that taboo?

Why does every Tom, Dick and Harry who joins Gotwoot need to revive this thread?

Assertn
Wed, 03-01-2006, 06:14 PM

To prepare for the drop-kick.....
duh

Knives122
Wed, 03-01-2006, 06:18 PM
don't you mean punt?

XanBcoo
Wed, 03-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by: ST_11
Then why didn't he choose JiraYja or tsunade to replace him, and, we had to wait until he died so the "Council" (the elders, I think) chose Jirayja then Tsunade.
1. Because the 4th Hokage was the best candidate at that time.
2. Because both Jiraiya and Tsunade were not willing to become Kages. Jiraiya didn't want the job at all, and went in to writing Icha Icha Paridise, and Tsunade couldn't have given a fuck about Konoha (before she met Naruto). With them out of the picture, Sarutobi was apparently the only suitable Hokage.

Divinity
Wed, 03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by: Jadugar

Why not?

Is that taboo?

Why does every Tom, Dick and Harry who joins Gotwoot need to revive this thread?

What about a Bob?

Seriously though, Hokage holding Naruto has no DAMN SIGNIFICANCE to whatsoever. I should go make a thread, "Why do they show a picture of the 4th and his subordinates during those scenes? Or why did they show young Iruka?"

Strike Freedom
Wed, 03-01-2006, 11:05 PM
no, sarutobi was attempting to seal orochimaru inside himself too remember, the weird symbol appeared on him too, and after sarutobi was taken by the death god...which brings me to another question, what if the 4th IS naruto? i mean, if the 4th tried sealing kyubi in himself like sarutobi did and succeeded, then wouldnt naruto be inside HIM? woah, my mind is boggling now.

Naruto is not the 4th reincarnated. If you pay close attention to all the episodes, watch the first one too.... In the anime, here is some evidence that contradicts that theory: 1) they clearly state that the 4th wanted Naruto to be seen as a hero, 2) clearly state that the 4th sealed it in Naruto to protect him, 3) in the first episode the narrator (who happens to be the 3rd Hokage) actually talks about the Kyubi being sealed by the 4th in a newborn baby (obviously stating that Naruto was already born before the sealing technique took place).

Although it is stated before over and over, Naruto is most likely related to the 4th, in what way we do not know though....

Tonsus
Fri, 03-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Get this.

When one summons the Shinigami, the user and the enemy are sealed inside the Shinigami's belly (if performed successfully), damning them to a hate-filled battle for all of eternity. Now, the Yondaime used this jutsu (or at least a variation of it) on the Kyuubi, and sealed it within Naruto. Does this mean that the Yondaime is in there also? And if so, does this mean that Naruto is a Shinigami?

If so, will he get a huge kick-ass sword and a black yukata?

Sorry, I'm pretty new here, so I HAD to bump this, it's an obligation.

Jadugar
Mon, 03-06-2006, 03:31 AM
Get this

You are right about how the sealing technique works used by Sandaime on Orochimaru but the one that Yondaime used was the Original Technique. There are plenty of sealing techniques used in Naruto.

For example

Fuja Hoin (Evil Sealing Method) : Used by Kakashi on Uchiha Sasuke's cursed seal to stop its activation.
Gogyo Fuin (Five Elements Seal) : Orochimaru used this jutsu to strengthen the seal on Kyubi

Yondaime only sealed the Kyubi in Naruto. How he died exactly is still a big mystery. He is certainly not in Naruto's stomach.

Sandaime used = Shiki Fujin (Dead Demon Consuming Seal)
Yondaime used = Shisho Fuin (Four Symbols Seal)

Thanx for answering one of my questions.

Originally posted by: Jadugar

Originally posted by: Tonsus
Sorry, I'm pretty new here, so I HAD to bump this, it's an obligation.

Welcome to Gotwoot.

XanBcoo
Mon, 03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Actually, the "Yondaime sealed within Naruto" makes a bit of sense to me. It would account for all the apparent similarities. It also makes sense when you think about the Seal the 3rd used on Oro.

I don't put much faith in it though, just sayin' you can't totally rule it out.

Jadugar
Fri, 03-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Actually, the "Yondaime sealed within Naruto" makes a bit of sense to me. It would account for all the apparent similarities. It also makes sense when you think about the Seal the 3rd used on Oro.

I don't put much faith in it though, just sayin' you can't totally rule it out.

I am not so keen on this theory simply because we have seen Kyubi chakra leak out a couple of times. If 4th was in there somewhere then we should have seen glimpses of him/his chakra.

As for the similarities, thats just kishimoto fucking with us. Imagine the biggest twist in Naruto being so predictable.

poopdeville
Tue, 03-14-2006, 08:05 AM
It's because Sarutobi was the Fourth's father, and Naruto is the Fourth. The fourth obviously sealed Kyuubi into his own stomach, much like Akatsuki is trying to do. But Kyuubi turned him into a baby.

This is also why the Fourth wanted the village to look upon Naruto as a hero. And why Sarutobi chastised Anko for wishing the Fourth 'were here' and ready to fight. And why Orochimaru is afraid of Naruto.