PDA

View Full Version : Manga

saeadeb
Mon, 04-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Are you all glad you have been following the Manga? You don't feel like it's spoiled the show or anything? I was thinking about reading it but I dunno, I don't want to ruin the show which is so awsome.

itachi_
Mon, 04-19-2004, 12:46 PM
As I said before, read the manga first, then watch the anime as a bonus, Manga is the shit man,, it dosen't ruin the joy of watching the anime either... I suggest you read it, GO GO GO... and now it's a really exciting ark i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Superman
Mon, 04-19-2004, 12:57 PM
I was like you, I started out watching the anime and allways wondered about the manga. Last month, I decided to read all the manga. I loved it. I am not at all dissapointed that I did it. I am still excited about the anime every week, and now, I have new manga to wait for each week too.

Some things to think about.
- It is not at all like stuff getting spoiled on a message board or website. You are reading the story and you see what happens the whole time. You don't think of things of spoiled after you see them in an episode. The same will be true when you get into the manga.
- The anime is still going to be awesome. If you are like me, and watch the episodes over and over again, seeing it one more time in the manga will not ruin any of your fun.
- The anime is sometimes easier to understand. Sometimes in the manga, the fight scenes are kind of confusing. The anime is much clearer about what is going on.

Do what you think is right, but I have no regrets about reading the manga.

By the way, ep 79 ~ chapter 136 in manga

itachi_
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:00 PM

No, ep79 ends in chapter 138 like in page 4, so page 5 chapter 138 is the start of ep80

sexy_no_jutsu
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:04 PM
there is one thing that is not good about the manga...its so damn good, you get disappointed sometimes because the anime isn't as good at some points...(well, at least I feel that way)

kage_bunshin
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:08 PM
hmmm... makes me wonder if i should start reading the manga............

The_Guru
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:12 PM
well the way i do it......i've been reading the latest manga chapter and been watching the newest anime release. the anime builds upon the anime at points which is what i love about it. it's also great seeing the battles that were shown in the manga being built upon in the anime. they look a lot better animated compared to a few frames in a manga.

so i suggest if u can't fight the urge to read the manga, read it. u'll enjoy it and make u love the naruto world much more

Kumiriko
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Manga is often concderd better then the anime. but with naruto. the anime is pritty much doing pure justice to the manga. reading the manga first has not ruind the serise at all. just makes me more addicted to get my naruto fix. Seeing all the studd that happend in the manga animated is like pure crack. we need it

Mut
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:05 PM
manga > anime.

Knives122
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:06 PM
I have no regrets in reading the manga before watching the anime

goldmund
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Where is a good place to DL the manga from?

Superman
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_

No, ep79 ends in chapter 138 like in page 4, so page 5 chapter 138 is the start of ep80

Are you just trying to be contradictory? Episode 79 includes the last 2 pages of 135 all of 136-137 and ends at the beginning of chapter 138.

My saying "ep 79 ~ chapter 136 in manga" is totally accurate.

Don't be such an ass itachi_

goldmund,

narutofan.com is good you have to register to download, but it is free and fast. You can start downloading right away once you register.

Legendary Nin
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by: sexy_no_jutsu
there is one thing that is not good about the manga...its so damn good, you get disappointed sometimes because the anime isn't as good at some points...(well, at least I feel that way)

Yeah,I;ve been disapointed a few times when the anime didn't live up to the manga.The anime is pretty empty compared to the manga.

I started reading the manga is August,been almost a year and I don't regret one day of it.

ComeComeParadise
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:25 PM
The Manga = Amazing... Read it right now. This whole story arc (currently in the anime) was much more exciting for me when I read it in the manga. The anime seems to drag out too much sometimes, and adds stupid filler.

RaZzy
Mon, 04-19-2004, 06:27 PM
NO dont read the manga .. It's going to RUIN the anime
If you are an ultra hardcore fan nerd you should read all of the manga.

PS. it sucks so much and there is no feeling in it like the anime.. you just read it and read it as quick as possible... luckily i didn't read it all

Just don't do it! Manga is like ... watching bad quality anime with no sound and colours and no movement... O_o

MemnochTheCaT
Mon, 04-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Wow RaZzY, sorry you feel that way. I watched anime only until around episode 50, then finally started checking out the manga here and there, and now read the new ones weekly. There are elements that work both better and worse in the anime/manga, and the opinion on the two will vary by the individual who is reading it.

My advice is this : go read the first 20 or so chapters, if you like it (I did!), then keep right on reading. I still look forward to the anime quite a bit, and although I already know what will happen, it's still fun (and they often add in little details or make things more elaborate in the anime) for me!

If you don't like the way the manga is presented, then stop reading and go back to anime-only i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif But that is a safe choice, and that way you won't spoil your anime enjoyment if you don't care for your manga experiment.

The_Fourth
Mon, 04-19-2004, 06:49 PM
No offense to anybody, but I stay with the anime since the music, sound effects, actor voices are really good.

MemnochTheCaT
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:17 PM
That's perfectly respectable The_Fourth .. have you ever checked out the manga at all though? It is pretty well made i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Toruxxx
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:23 PM
i love both the anime and manga. the manga really dun spoiler nothing about the anime to me. i only started reading the manga not that long ago but i havent looked bk since its bloody sweet and cant wait till some of the chapters become animated ^_^

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
That's perfectly respectable The_Fourth .. have you ever checked out the manga at all though? It is pretty well made i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

You will have to agree with the fact that watching the anime is way easier than reading. Even if it's only a comic book.
There was a scene on the manga that seemed so *real* to me that I thought I'd seen it in color.
I checked again it was only black and white... The manga can be as exciting as the anime and even more, some times it's so well drawn you can really get in the action and feel the *movement*
Then again, just me.

saeadeb
Mon, 04-19-2004, 10:42 PM
oops, I didn't mean to do that marked as the answer thing, oh well i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Anyhoo, I haven't had any threads I've started locked yet, yay!

Edit: okie that was the one I wanted marked as the answer. Crisis averted