PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's CEO Dies of Heart Attack

Lego
Mon, 04-19-2004, 09:34 AM
For n00bs: CEO Chief Executive Officer

CHICAGO (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp. (MCD.N: Quote, Profile, Research) Chairman and Chief Executive Jim Cantalupo died of an apparent heart attack on Monday at the age of 60, the company said.

He was attending the company's owner/operator meeting in Orlando, Florida, it said.

The world's largest restaurant chain could not immediately say who was taking over Cantalupo's responsibilities. "We're focusing on Mr. Cantalupo and his family," McDonald's spokeswoman Anna Rozenich, said.

Cantalupo, a former vice chairman and president of the company, was brought back to lead McDonald's in January 2003 when the company was struggling to cope with falling profit in a saturated hamburger market, outbreaks of mad cow disease and poor service.

http://reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=DD34GATD4O3PACRBAELCF EY?type=businessNews&storyID=4865074&section=news

r3n
Mon, 04-19-2004, 09:55 AM
u know their new "salads" have more fat than a hamburger does yeah?

maccyD's is horrible neway, dno1 why ne1 wud there out of their own free will.

itachi_
Mon, 04-19-2004, 10:48 AM
McDonald's Pwns!

Respect for chubby people i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LaiLiuHa
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:31 PM
lol heart attack, how ironic

Legendary Nin
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Time you guys start to listen to the man Maddox http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=lovin_it am i right or what.Read it and learn.

hiddenpookie
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:33 PM
madoxx i swear i well start a thread about that man.. hes got a way with words...aniway whocares ahaha u dies heartatck ahahahahaha too bad! they well find other .mickey'd blows any way

Mut
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:35 PM
madox is a genius. i strive to be like him. seriously. no, i'm really serious.

hiddenpookie
Mon, 04-19-2004, 05:20 PM
hes just a lil to negative ^^ ahaha no one can diss him in hate-mail

Raven
Mon, 04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Maddox owns the internet. I'm completely serious. I've never disagreed with him. EVER.

bitwar
Tue, 04-20-2004, 06:22 AM
Heh heh. I love how McD's puts out a salad with all kinds of stuff on it and calls it healthy. So if you have a greaseball on a bun, it's unhealthy but if you add lettuce it's supposed to suddenly be healthy? What's sad is that people believe that. Oh and then add the new slogan "i'm lovin' it" to that thread about literacy. Yeah. God bless America, where cigarettes are killing how many people per year, yet they are still legal, and where people think that lettuce on a burger makes it magically healthy and then sue the company when they get fat after eating their crap everyday for years and years. Baka.

Lego
Tue, 04-20-2004, 06:57 AM
Yeah. God bless America, where cigarettes are killing how many people per year, yet they are still legal, and where people think that lettuce on a burger makes it magically healthy and then sue the company when they get fat after eating their crap everyday for years and years. Baka.'

Amen. You know why beer ads are so prevelant on TV and etc? They pay for NFL,basketball and etc. Alcoholism is a disease to, kills tons of people, but it never gets discussed as much as the illnesses that come with cigarettes.

r3n
Tue, 04-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Anyone who has an emotional bond with McDonald's, or anyone who can relate anything they love about life to a company that sells deep fried processed chicken meat should be stabbed in the face.

^^ amen to that

AkimichiChouji
Tue, 04-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Who was that guy who made up that diet? Didn't he die of a heart attack due to be overweight and too much cholesterol?

Lego
Tue, 04-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Atkins i think. That and the south beach diet are such pieces of shit.

You want to loose weight?

Go exercise each day dumbasses