PDA

View Full Version : Should Neji die to pave the way for Hinata's development?

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 04-18-2004, 09:27 PM
You can't really have two gennins with similar powers. Should Neji die, and would his death open up character development for Hinata? She will be the only one in that age group to carry the Hyuuga blood line limit.

Mut
Sun, 04-18-2004, 09:30 PM
hinata is garbage. her sibling, hanabi or whatever will be the successor of the main family. neji isn't gonna die, he's too bad ass.

jing
Sun, 04-18-2004, 11:02 PM
NEJI CAN't die that easily he said so HIMSELF. i trust him.

Hyuuga Hinata
Mon, 04-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Hmmpf neji MUST die.HEs just a prick and stuff.Hinata aint garbage shes f*cking strong if she would just obtain some self confidence.
If you talk about garbage name sakura i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif But it would be a good change in the plot of the"" storie "" NAd as for neji that white feather in is hand for me its a big give away.Remember in most movies and series when i white feather falls people die =]

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 04-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Neji is needed to protect the Main family. That's more important than the hyuga successor.

Hotsuma
Mon, 04-19-2004, 06:15 PM
What is it with you and somebody dying?

Jman
Mon, 04-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
You can't really have two gennins with similar powers. Should Neji die, and would his death open up character development for Hinata? She will be the only one in that age group to carry the Hyuuga blood line limit.

If anyone should die, it should be Hinata. She's made an effort to be a stonger person but she is still useless. Hell even she didn't believe in her own self worth. Whether or not she becomes stronger, I don't think she ought to be considered an heir to the Hyuga clan/Main family. To me, Hinata will never become truly strong. Neji on the other hand is the genius of the Hyuga clan and when it's all said and done I think he'll probably be the strongest Hyuga ever. C'mon, he managed to master the 64 hands and the kaiten on his own and still during his childhood, just imagine what he would be capable to do at 25 or 30yrs old.

---
though so far we haven't seen much of Hanabi, i still think that she'd own Hinata.

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 04-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by: Hotsuma

All this near death crap, somebody has to die, or the series will loose credibility, it'll become closer to a DBZ, where main characters never die.

MemnochTheCaT
Mon, 04-19-2004, 08:39 PM
I agree, someone DOES need to die .. but I don't think it will be Neji. Chouji better be toast though, they made such a big deal out of using that last pill .. he went out in a blaze of glory, total sacrifice for the team, the village. If he comes back, I'll be pretty pissed off. Neji might die too, but I think since we didn't see his symbol fade, that will hang on.

jing
Mon, 04-19-2004, 09:46 PM
dude man
3rd hokage is dead. he isn't important enough???

Stoopider
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:54 AM
Nah. Even if Neji dies, I dont see Hinata being as prolific. I doubt Hinata would stay long as a fighting Ninja.

She'll probably turn Chunnin when she's much older and teach the kids. She's too nice to be going out and killing people. Probably they'll use her as a radar-gurl.

Shakugan
Tue, 04-20-2004, 05:58 AM
hinata is way to weak man she got kicked out of hyuuga how weak can you be.....
but neji on the other hand ownz and he isnt dead i gues the 3 sand dudes took a heal ninja with them or something and took care of neji...

if some one needs to die its choiji that stupid fatty boy all he can do is roll over and they call that jutsu bhe you dont need any chakra for that....

Legendary Nin
Tue, 04-20-2004, 06:07 AM
Hinata=waste of paper

PSJ
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:00 PM

i thought the same.

nobody needs to die.

Mut
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

i thought the same.

nobody needs to die.

except hinata.

Superman
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:20 PM
I agree that some of them should die. I think it is dumb that they have ALL gotten so strong. It doesn't make sense that these genins would be strong enough to defeat the sound 4. Only if they accomplished this by literally giving all they had would it make sense.

Maybe not Neji, he is a genius and a big-time dominator, but Chouji should die for sure. I like him, but they made such a big deal about him taking that last pill. I will be kind of dissapointed with the manga if they had him live.

looks like this would fit better in the "Someone HAS to die" thread.

As far as Hinata is concerned... I don't think Neji getting killed would help out her development at all.

Stoopider
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:26 PM
WHo knows. Hinata might die. Neji poked her heart too hard. One day she might just be eating Ramen with naruto and suddenly croaks. That would be realistic.

Gods_Son
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Neiji getting killed won't help Hinata, nothing can. She has no self-confidence, the only thing left for her is suicide.

Boogster
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by: Legendary Nin
Hinata=waste of paper

Disagree. I see her as another character with hidden potential. Not as powerful as Neji, but has different qualities. We see them breifly in her earlier bout with Neji, and I expect to see them develop.

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:18 PM
NO!

I wouldn't mind Hinata dying to develop the show in a good direction, however.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:33 PM
why waste Neji? we have both Shino and Kiba to kill before....

i mean, realyl, Neji has been going through a redemption progress, and Hinata still has a development of her own to go through.
however, Kiba and Shino are both avaliable bodies for some sadistic killing, and since no one really cares about them (well, some people like Akamaru), they are already perfect for the rold of dying...

Superman
Wed, 04-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
NO!

I wouldn't mind Hinata dying to develop the show in a good direction, however.

Yeah, i think it would be better if Hinata died so we could see how it would effect Neji's development.

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
however, Kiba and Shino are both avaliable bodies for some sadistic killing, and since no one really cares about them (well, some people like Akamaru), they are already perfect for the rold of dying...
Well, Shino seems to be pretty popular, I think it's a bit untrue to say no one really cares about him. Kiba on the other hand.......

Reason
Wed, 04-21-2004, 05:32 AM
The Only one that is going to die is Kimimaro

And, to stay on topic, I dont think Neji will have an impact on Hinata's Development whether he dies or lives. The only person that does is Naruto.

BTW, She was healed by Kabuto, so no Heart Attack for Her...

- Reason -

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:35 AM
I can't see why Chouji would live .. I mean they made such a *HUGE* dramatic deal about how deadly those pills were, then had him go down in a big blaze of glory complete with flashbacks, and went even further with the butterfly symbolism that made Shika look even more dour than usual...

Bottom line is, if Chouji IS alive, it would totally cheapen any sense of drama or danger that the series has .. it would just get cheesy fast.

GhostKaGe
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Hinata must die and Neji will feel like he failed and go totaly nuts loseing all sense of self worth until Naruto give him some inspiring words where he will then go off and avenge the Hyuuga kickin major ass

Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
I can't see why Chouji would live .. I mean they made such a *HUGE* dramatic deal about how deadly those pills were, then had him go down in a big blaze of glory complete with flashbacks, and went even further with the butterfly symbolism that made Shika look even more dour than usual...

Bottom line is, if Chouji IS alive, it would totally cheapen any sense of drama or danger that the series has .. it would just get cheesy fast.

The guy has a point

AlbinoFury
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:54 AM
couple things

if everybody survived it would be very unlike dbz as someone said it would become if nobody died. Everybody died at least 20 times in dbz they just all got revived with those cheap ass dragon balls somehow.

Neji wont die, as its been said hes way way too badass to die.

Also I believe Kishimoto has a way of only killing off characters that are either barely shown or in ways that have significance to the story overall(unsignificant being dosu, hayate etc) (dieing for a cause being haku 3rd hokage etc) if they killed chouji or neji it would have little effect on the big picture and both are not insignificant characters, i think even kiba is probably exempt through this reasoning. Only one i can see dieing out of this arch are some of the bad guys or (crosses fingers) sakura showing up at the last minute and getting 1 hit killed by a squirrel or something.

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT

Well, when we were lead to believe that Sasuke died fighting Haku, he had all the drama and flashbacks too. And he lived. So Chouji might yet, it's possible. I agree though, it'd be stupid, because the very point of the pills is that you die.

Shakugan
Wed, 04-21-2004, 09:50 AM
i don't think many genins will die it kinda doesn't feel like the story... only older dudes that arent main to the story will die.... theres only one who should already have died and thats oro he just sucks you saw him in that picture with his arms fully operational that just sucks why did 3th die just for fun or what damn sucks i hate oro i hope itachi gets in kill mood and take oro out with a single but brutal blow muhahahaha end of suckie snake dude

Lithonite
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Hrmm okay i tohught about this one on my own. i do not think Neji will die, i do however think Hinata will grow and taker her place as the head of the main house- how she does that could take a series pf paths, one of wich includes her asking to Neji's help. Naruto has changed Neji, and his way of thinking. In addition to having been changed, Neji knows the truth about how his father died- his hatred for the main house no longer runs as deep as it once did, or even as strongly as it may have run in his father.

Conclusion: interms of character developement, both on the side of Neji, and hinata it would be best to have Neji's continued growth pave the way for hinata. By doing so the Hyuga house wll become stronger. The seperation of the Main house, and the Branch house may take on a restructuring if not anulled alltogether. Again strengthening the Hyuga house, and intern the entire village.

Mut
Thu, 04-22-2004, 12:32 AM
i think neji should die. and then to bring him back (cuz of his badass-ness) someone would perform a seal, but it requires a human sacrifice so they kill hinata. then neji is brought back to life. without the swastika.

Tofu #2
Thu, 04-22-2004, 04:47 PM
wats gonna happen is neji dies, so hinata kills herself and then naruto and sasuke fuse together and they have super powers so they revive neji and then they win

Raven
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Yes. And then they start flying around space destroying planets with chakra blasts.i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Mut
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:26 PM
and then itachi wins.

Jman
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Yes. And then they start flying around space destroying planets with chakra blasts.i/expressions/rolleye.gif

yes yes Naruto Z 2015. A Kishimoto&Toriyama Production brought to you by Bandai.

EDIT: Just remembered to add the /just kidding tag.
heh, i wouldn't want wild rumors to start flying all over the place.
------

Chouji's already been dead to me since the begining of the show.

Hinata should die to pave the way for Hanabi.

Raven
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Then it leaks out into the anime section, all hell breaks loose due to the new "spoilers" that everyone reads. heh. Let's hope it never happens.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury
or (crosses fingers) sakura showing up at the last minute and getting 1 hit killed by a squirrel or something.

Hey, I like people who make sense! I totally agree with you. Especially with the way she diesThat's the only character whose death would be dramatic without screwing the story altogether. I also wish Sasuke become such a nuisance, well more like the whole village finally realized that he is a nuisance and demanded the Hokage to send somebody to a big favor to the whole Ninja world and kill him. If they came to their senses the choice between a world without Sasuke or the world with him and the sharingan would be very easy.

Terracosmo
Fri, 04-23-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
and then itachi wins.

Udon?

Mut
Fri, 04-23-2004, 12:55 AM
please... let udon just die away so it can never come back... i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Azure
Fri, 04-23-2004, 04:47 AM
Hinata will live, why?
becuase the authors make a great deal about how much u can gain if you really try. so thats probably why she will succeed.
but then again, i think she would be more suiting as a battle medic.
iex. go under the training of tsunade perhaps?
she got the eyes to see everything.
and if she would get the power to pierce every litle artery or perhaps even cut of chakra strings completely, permanent.
then she would hold a nice new power i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
and pluss she is really a nice girl and really doesnt want to kill.. so maybe a healer is better?

it also seems like naruto is more or less starting to give up on sakura. letting sauske have her.
so there is a possibility that it will come to a battle where naruto is badly injured and hinata jumps infront to protect him and takes damage, spills her guts to naruto about her feelings.
and then *trumpet sound* bapa dapa! naruto gains strength from beeing actually love and kick that guys ass...

it might just happen...
hinata is there for a reason. my guess is she will be develope quiet good later on.
if she becomes a medic maybe she will save narutos life or so? =)

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by: Azure
i think she would be more suiting as a battle medic.
iex. go under the training of tsunade perhaps?
she got the eyes to see everything.

I agree with you.
Hinata can be an excellent medic Ninja, and should be trained by Tsunade.
If they give it to Sakura, I will be very irritated. So far, she has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.
As a matter of fact she has done absolutely nothing. Except maybe for yelling Sasuke-kun.
Anyhow, on topic-now.
As for Neji and Hinata.
I don't think Neji should die for some reasons I've already given here.
Also, he should live because there's a line of at least two people, Rocky Lee and Hinata, to beat the crap out of him. Well, at least, I'd be happy if Rocky Lee did it. I for one, think that Rocky Lee deserves way more respect than Neji. And apparently, Neji just learn things when they're beaten inside his skull.
As for Hinata, instead of beating him, she could be magnanimous and forgive him. Which wouldn't be hard for her since she is a wise and understanding creature.
For example, when she said that Neji was the one who was suffering, she didn't say that to get back at him for all the crap he had previously said to her. She just did that out of compassion and trying to make him understand why he had so much anger inside of him.
She would still be the chief of the Hyuuga clan, because she is more intelligent, has more common sense and is less bossy than him. Nothing worse than a bossy chief...
She could remove Neji's cursed seal, and make him her main advisor, and he would have sense enough to accept it, because he'd be a less insecure and imature kid, knowing that he is powerful and understanding that being the chief is not all there is to life.
Hanabi is too much of a spoiled insuferable brat to be the chief of anything. Child prodigies become retarded grown-ups, Shirley Temple and Mozart being the best examples for that.
Curiously, the members of the Hyuuga clan seem only to learn things after they get some though love. That goes for both Neji and Hinata. So, Hanabi's role would be that of beating the crap out of her daddy in order to make him less of a demanding bastard and more of a supportive and nurturing father. While at it, Hiashi could even start treating Neji better. I, mean, how many years did that jackass left Neji wthout knowing the truth, making him grow as an angry young man?

xtort
Fri, 04-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama

Lots of snipping done. I really like the idea of Hinata becoming the new Tsunade, but... it messes up the flow of things.

Jiraiya wants Tsunade. Tsunade tells him to screw off. Ditto w/ Sakura and Naruto. If Hinata became the Tsunade figure, there'd be a little love-fest, and there'd probably be several "adult" versions spawned of the comic.

As much as I want Hinata to take a larger role in this series (... she's almost as good a figure of redemption as Naruto, IMO, especially if she went to Neji's aid) it would ruin all the (extensive extensive extensive extensive) foreshadowing that has been going on up to this point.

And just think, Sakura is the perfect f^$@ing slug.

-xtortout

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by: xtort

Lots of snipping done. More snipping

And just think, Sakura is the perfect f^$@ing slug.

-xtortout[/quote]

LOL!!!
I am almost feeling sorry for Sakura. *eg*
I just think she didn't do anything remarkable, besides being a victim, to deserve to be taught by Tsunade.
Hinata, on the other hand *likes* Naruto, which in itself is an heroic deed i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Seriously, now. She acknowledged Naruto even before Iruka. And she gets *nothing* for it? It's freaking unfair.
I was annoyed with the anime. Naruto thinking of Sakura and Sasuke as his precious people... They never supported him. Sakura thinks he is annoying and Sasuke is jealous of him. His flashback should be the shot where Sakura pushes him aside violently to go drool over Sasuka-kun. He would leave Gaara alone and and Gaara wouldn't have become good and boring,
Naruto didn't give even a small thought for Hinata. Either he is very stupid, or deep down, a little bastard. I will go with very stupid, for now.
Sakura is not a victim, she is actually very mean and abusive. Well, so much for freaking news...

Hyuga Koji
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:19 AM
She acknowledged him and didn't say anything so it doesn't count.

Iruka at least said in Naruto's presence that he considered him a good ninja, Hinata just stalked him and still couldn't open her mouth to say it until after her whooping by Neji.

Sakura and Sasuke are his friends both have acknowledged him and see him as their friend.

Hinata may love Naruto but in the big picture she really hasn't done much of anything but stalk.

I'd much rather see Hinata get dropped than Neji.

If she shows up again and does something then maybe i'll reconsider.

Azure
Sat, 04-24-2004, 06:36 PM
well actually, if im not wrong.
konohamaru aknowledge naruto really early. shiat. he even made a fan club.
as for hinata.
the reason why she wasnt good before, was that she lacked the self esteem, thus making it quiet impossible to tell the one that she love about how she feels.

it would be a big slap in the face if hinata would die, since she was the one who liked naruto for what he was before he became known as the one he is now.
i would hope that perhaps in the battle between sasuke and naruto. naruto gets whooped and when hes lying there and bleeding, hinata pops up and stands in the way and voila! a forced confession of her true feelings (iex. "dont lay a hand on naruto! hes the one that i love, i shall protect him with my life")
she gets a litle slapped around.
then naruto turns into a huge frenzy...
it could happen you know i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif atleast im hoping so. would be fun.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 07:10 PM
as for hinata.

Nope...
Hinata watched Naruto *way* before that. There are enough flashbacks of them both *before* they graduate from the Academy.
Konohamaru only met him for the first time at the Hokage's office, *after* Naruto graduated...
How about that?????
As for Naruto's precious people... I guess I should cut and paste some images from the manga/anime where we can clearly see how much those two precious people care for Naruto...
If Naruto wasn't totally stupid, he'd have left Gaara alone and beat the crap out of those who should actually be beaten.
Sure it's the behavior of a best friend to try to chidori his ass off...yeah, was it because Naruto went visit said friend on the hospital???
Also, nice way Sakura thanks Naruto for saving her... by spoon feeding Sasuke-kun...
She goes on a date with Naruto, all right, but guess who she is going to talk about...
Finally, to top it all, she goes to Naruto in tears to beg him to save the very same guy who tried to kill him not so long ago. Coincidentaly, the same guy who knock the plate out of her hand and called her annoying.
I mean, even an evil Gaara is worth 100 times those two. Ooops, a hundred times zero is zero. So, even an evil Gaara is worth something, unlike those two low-lives.

Hey, I *loved* your idea of having Hinata popping up at the scene. But maybe, she could beat the crap outta Saska herself! It's not so impossible, I will tell you. Maybe on the meanwhile she learned how to see the tenketsus... and Saske would be doomed!
Lovely idea.

Hyuga Koji
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:15 PM

as for hinata.

Sure it's the behavior of a best friend to try to chidori his ass off...yeah, was it because Naruto went visit said friend on the hospital???
Finally, to top it all, she goes to Naruto in tears to beg him to save the very same guy who tried to kill him not so long ago. Coincidentaly, the same guy who knock the plate out of her hand and called her annoying.

Hey, I *loved* your idea of having Hinata popping up at the scene. But maybe, she could beat the crap outta Saska herself! It's not so impossible, I will tell you. Maybe on the meanwhile she learned how to see the tenketsus... and Saske would be doomed!
Lovely idea.

Naruto whipped out Rasengan, Sasuke responded with Chidori both were killing techniques and therefore fair.

If i'm in a fight and my opponent kicks it up a notch i'm jumping right up there with him.

Sasuke went through a period of severe trauma and was understandably pissed i'm surprised it stopped at that.

Sasuke would own Hinata, Neji wouldn't have a cakewalk beating him and Neji's far better than Hinata will ever be.

Azure
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:39 PM
as for hinata.

i don't think you got my point.
in that line im not saying anything about konohamaru beeing b4 hinata.
hinata was the first.

Iruka at least said in Naruto's presence that he considered him a good ninja, Hinata just stalked him and still couldn't open her mouth to say it until after her whooping by Neji.

Sakura and Sasuke are his friends both have acknowledged him and see him as their friend.

i just wanted to say that just after iruka there was konohamaru. b4 any of the others.
and if im not wronge sauske never acknowledged naruto.

what was it that we were talking about again?
i think the thread got out of hand i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:43 PM
[quote]

what was it that we were talking about again?
i think the thread got out of hand i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Hinata and Neji. Which one should die or something like it...

Azure
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:48 PM
lol.
right.
something about 2 ppl having the same power.
but then again.
sasuke and kakashi both have sharingan(kakashis somewhat lighter power, but more exp). same power?
gaara and naruto. driven by inner deamons. same power?
common, both can excist.
just pick your favorite and stick to him/her.
their not in each others way for developing so...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 09:32 PM
lol.
right.
something about 2 ppl having the same power.
but then again.
sasuke and kakashi both have sharingan(kakashis somewhat lighter power, but more exp). same power?
gaara and naruto. driven by inner deamons. same power?
common, both can excist.
just pick your favorite and stick to him/her.
their not in each others way for developing so...

I think what happens basically, is that some people, for whatever reason they might have, want to see Hinata dead.
Personally, I don't agree with that. But everybody is entitled to hate this or that character and wish him or her dead, even without any particular reason to do so...
I think that there are not facts in the anime to support some statements here, but considering that if the facts don't justify the theory, one should change the facts, that is not a problem at all.
As a matter of fact, the question that started this thread would be better formulated, in my opinion, of course, if it was stated this way:
Should *all* people with Byakugan die to pave the way for Hinata? Since I believe, what was implied in the question is that two characters with the same blood-line limit can't co-exist. So, we should ask ourselves: Should all the Hyuuga clan be exterminated to pave the way for Hinata? If so, Hinata would develop as a character in a very similar way to Itachi.
So there, Hinata would be the Itachi of her generation, and all people who hate her now would start liking her. Hanabi, on the other hand, could be put to good use and, from then on, and live to chase her big sister around...

Noonan
Sat, 04-24-2004, 10:17 PM
All the Female characters are lacking in development in the series - if you think about it - Tsunade and Hinata are the only ones that we have anything resembling a background on.

Tenten, Sakura, Ino, Temari - all are almost completely undeveloped in the manga.

I agree that Hinata would make sense as a medical nin - and I would like to see that happen. But if Sakura is going to remain a main character (and she barely qualifys as one now) then she needs to get off her ass and develop herself some.

The wierd part is trying to figure out how much time has passed during the "chase" story line.

Lee went from not having had his operation - to it being at least 2 days afterwards, plus the time it took for him to catch up (which seems to be about 1/2 a day) - so somehow 3-4 days seem to have passed during this messed up drawn out car wreck of a storyline. In that time hopefully the Kunoichi have been up to something?

Raven
Sat, 04-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by: Noonan
All the Female characters are lacking in development in the series - if you think about it - Tsunade and Hinata are the only ones that we have anything resembling a background on.

Tenten, Sakura, Ino, Temari - all are almost completely undeveloped in the manga.
Have you forgotten the massive flower flashback for Sakura/Ino? That went on for ages!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

Have you forgotten the massive flower flashback for Sakura/Ino? That went on for ages!

Well, if you think, their *friendship* is locked in the stalemate it was when it began.
Even though they aren't in talking terms, the situation is pretty much the same, Sakura feels that she is inferior to Ino and therefore shouldn't lose to her(even though she doesn't do anything to make it happen). Huh, what changed? the fact that they now can tie???? Is this a progress?As kids, the only difference was that Sakura was shy... big deal. In terms of attaining goals, none of them has gotten Sasuke-kun. So, if it was established that the *best* of them would be the one to get the man, one more reason to say that they're tied and in no way better off than when they were kids...
As for Hinata, she is shy and incompetent, but for what we saw of her so far, she gave the first steps to change it. Standing up to Neji and talking to Naruto are the facts which I use to support what I said.
One thing she isn't is weak. Naruto himself had a hard time with Neji. Neji locked up his tenketsus and what made Naruto stay put was the kyuubi chakra. Hinata doesn't have that kind of chakra, but that doesn't mean that she is weak.
It's up to Kishimoto to develop or not the other girls, or even show more of Hinata. but so far the only one who changed was Hinata.
Sakura is still chasing Sasuke as she was on chapter one, and to no avail. Her skills and strenght are pathetic, and so is her character or lack thereof. And yeah, I don't think she didn't anything to deserve the title of main character.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-24-2004, 11:39 PM

Lee went from not having had his operation - to it being at least 2 days afterwards, plus the time it took for him to catch up (which seems to be about 1/2 a day) - so somehow 3-4 days seem to have passed during this messed up drawn out car wreck of a storyline. In that time hopefully the Kunoichi have been up to something?

24 hours hasn't passed yet, Sakon and Tayuya say that it has been only half a day since their mission started.

During those few hours since the genins were sent, Tsunde appaerntly managed to complete a long and complicated operation and contact a foreign shinobi village.

basically, Tsunde was hokage for less then two days now...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z

24 hours hasn't passed yet, Sakon and Tayuya say that it has been only half a day since their mission started.

During those few hours since the genins were sent, Tsunde appaerntly managed to complete a long and complicated operation and contact a foreign shinobi village.

basically, Tsunde was hokage for less then two days now...

Maybe the Sand guys were included in the peace treaty, and the Sand is not in position to deny the Leaf anything. Maybe was just a matter of calling them...
I believe the Peace treaty was concluded before Tsunade. And the Leaf demanded compensations for the war, and pretty much all they had was those three.

Hotsuma
Sun, 04-25-2004, 01:57 AM
Hinata and Neji should get together.

Hinata and Naruto is too obvious. How many times do we see a character in the background, who has a crush on the main character, ever actually get together with the other? Never. Naruto is no different. He's too infatuated with Sakura to even notice Hinata. Hinata should be with Neji.

However, it'd be cool to see Sasuke slowly develop feelings for Sakura, (unlikely though) just to have a real battle w/Naruto. That'll get ugly. And cool.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:28 AM
Hinata and Neji should get together.

Hinata and Naruto is too obvious. How many times do we see a character in the background, who has a crush on the main character, ever actually get together with the other? Never. Naruto is no different. He's too infatuated with Sakura to even notice Hinata. Hinata should be with Neji.

However, it'd be cool to see Sasuke slowly develop feelings for Sakura, (unlikely though) just to have a real battle w/Naruto. That'll get ugly. And cool.

Yeah, but they, like, are kinda first-degree cousins... I guess the anime world is not ready for that, yet.

Hyuga Koji
Sun, 04-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Actually due to their father's having pretty much identical DNA, genetically they'd be closer to half-siblings than first cousins.

Azure
Sun, 04-25-2004, 09:18 AM
incest?
no thanks i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
just becuase its obvious it doesnt need to be altered.
and as for nautos own words to hinata "you'r wierd, but a person like you i really like"
and if im not wrong.
hinata is the only one that naruto has been so open with.
talking about his own lack of power and just making it up with his words.
and hinata cheered him on and making him all high and mighty again (in a good way though).

i think they will get it on.
atleast thats what i hope for.
but one other thing i'm really hoping on.
is that if naruto gets his ass kicked sometime, hinata will step up to defend him.
or something.
i just wan to see the shy timid girl engulfed with furious anger.
i think that beneth that silent calm surface of hers, she can be even more scary then most other characters when she pissed.
and they say that a person can become strong from protecting someone they love, imagen how strong she could get then.
i can already see the chakra bursting out of her and the "need to be strong" song playing i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

just a theory though, but it fits doesnt it? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-25-2004, 10:58 AM
person can become strong from protecting someone they love, imagen how strong she could get then.
i can already see the chakra bursting out of her and the "need to be strong" song playing i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

just a theory though, but it fits doesnt it? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Unlike Sakura or any other girl genin's, Hinata's behavior has actually *changed*.
If you look not from the point of view of how much one is strong but of how much one has gotten stronger, she may be after Naruto, one of the characters who has gotten stronger.
Sakura is the same, Sasuke is weaker. IMO, those who have gotten stronger , each one for diff reasons and in different levels are Gaara, Shika, Neji and Rock Lee. Gaara for one, didn't seem to have gotten more powerful, but he has gotten emotionally stronger.

xtort
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:45 AM
Unlike Sakura or any other girl genin's, Hinata's behavior has actually *changed*.
If you look not from the point of view of how much one is strong but of how much one has gotten stronger, she may be after Naruto, one of the characters who has gotten stronger.
Sakura is the same, Sasuke is weaker. IMO, those who have gotten stronger , each one for diff reasons and in different levels are Gaara, Shika, Neji and Rock Lee. Gaara for one, didn't seem to have gotten more powerful, but he has gotten emotionally stronger.

I love Gaara now. Before, I was thinking Gaara was going to be some unchangable character who got written off when he was beaten (as was obviously going to happen). I should have remembered that one of the main premises of the story was Naruto's ability to change people, and that Gaara wouldn't be immune to the repetitious Self Assessment no Jutsu that Naruto seems to sling about.

Hinata has always been a favorite character of mine. Quiet chicks rock, especially ones that could stop your heart with a tap to your chest. (I've met women like that before, and jeeeez...) She's come a long way from her finger-play. I hope she isn't written off, and can't believe Kishi would, seeing that she's basically the first person to recognize Naruto.

Regardless, Neji should not die to pave way for Hinata's development. There are too many ways that story sub-plot could be used to both of their development for Kishimoto just to throw it away. (Uhh, I hope.)

-xtortout

edited: because I can't spell for stih