PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill question

originalkrn
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Well, I just bought Kill Bill off this little stand in the mall and now im begining to question its credibility. The whole movie was great, there wasn't anything really wrong. If you havn't seen it, then I advise you really really should. Well, my question is: During the Yakuza fight before she fights Lucy Lui's character, does it go black and white for about nearly the entire middle of the fight? Im wondering if this is my disc or if its just part of the movie.

ComeComeParadise
Sun, 04-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Part of the movie. Quentin Tarentino incorporated a lot of different editing techniques and visualizations to make the movie a bit more interesting and....effective.

LaiLiuHa
Sun, 04-18-2004, 03:06 PM
so the answer is yes, it goes black and white on purpose

Knives122
Sun, 04-18-2004, 04:42 PM
im with lai it does go black and white

originalkrn
Sun, 04-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks. Glad its not my disc lol

sangai
Sun, 04-18-2004, 06:50 PM
yeah i was told quintin made it black and white because it was going to be the bloodiest scene of the movie.... if you can even call it blood. sprays like twelve feet.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 04-18-2004, 11:01 PM
it wouldve been sweet if they left it in color

Kagari
Sun, 04-18-2004, 11:27 PM
nah, it looked better in B&W.

Ninja Master Kenny
Mon, 04-19-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei
yeah i was told quintin made it black and white because it was going to be the bloodiest scene of the movie.... if you can even call it blood. sprays like twelve feet.

lol...I think it is hilarious when O-Ren cuts off the guys head in the meeting...and 5 seconds after she cuts it off it sprays like 10 feet in the air...I was cracking up during that part

hiddenpookie
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:37 PM
are the anime scene's anygood in this movie??

Gods_Son
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:00 PM
All the scenes in the movie are good. The anime scenes and black and white scenes are used purposely for effect.

ComeComeParadise
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:11 PM
All the techniques used are kind of homages\mockery of different film styles, ie. anime, kung fu films.

Rek
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:49 PM
No Mockery... All Homage.... and the anime style was great! I think its best compared to the kid sequence in the animatrix, but thats cutting it close....

GOOD NEWS! They are making a prequel to kill bill. About bill. In the Same type of animation. All Anime. Woot. Mainly about his upbringing with Estaban
( []D [] (v) []D, literally and figurativly) Hattori Hanzo, and Pai Mei... sooo bad ass)

Gods_Son
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:04 AM
A prequel about Bill? That's cool and all, but it'd be better if they just made a whole movie about Pai Mei. It annoyed me that he was killed by food poisoning, he was a badass racist.

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Who's Pai Mei?

Rek
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:14 PM
If you have seen the movie: The Bad Ass Sensei with long white hair.
If not, a bad ass sensei with long white hair, who (feel free to correct me here) dislikes caucasians, hates americans, and despises women. Not to mention, he dun feel all that kindly toward teh japanese. He was Bill and (beep) or, The Brides teacher, and just an all around cool guy,

IE: He obliterated an entire shaolin temple with his bare hands. Moral: respect thine elders.

PS- I know he's not a sensei, but thats the easiest word to portray him as, because Bad Ass AZN just didn't cut it.

Uchiha-Itachi
Wed, 04-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Kill Bill 1 is a good movie i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Saw Kill Bill 2 today and si teh SUCKAGE !!!!!!!!!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

omfg 1 word if you wanna see this piece of crap, dl it cuz it's not worth your money i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif (luckily i dled it)

Shame on you Tarentino!!!!!!!!!!!!!! burn in hell for making such a horrible sequal!

bwabes
Wed, 04-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Kill Bill 2 is good. Not as good as the first one, but good. I guess if you hate movies that are not non-stop killing, don't see it. Uchiha-Itachi, why didn't you like it? Any reasons?

Everyone else, go see it. If you like the first one, you'll like this one. Obviously, if you don't like good movies, you won't like it. It appears that Uchiha-Itachi's preference in cinema is more towards that of those who go to the theater to see blood and sex, and not those who go to see a movie.

Mosky_Kong
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by: bwabes
Kill Bill 2 is good. Not as good as the first one, but good. I guess if you hate movies that are not non-stop killing, don't see it. Uchiha-Itachi, why didn't you like it? Any reasons?

Everyone else, go see it. If you like the first one, you'll like this one. Obviously, if you don't like good movies, you won't like it. It appears that Uchiha-Itachi's preference in cinema is more towards that of those who go to the theater to see blood and sex, and not those who go to see a movie.

Thats the only logical reason I can think of for people liking Vol 1 and not liking vol 2.

Both are awsome and I can't wait for vol 2 to be on DVD and watch it like it was meant to be. 3 hours of quentin goodness.

hiddenpookie
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:38 PM
recently saw kill bill vol.1 was good. what scene is it where she fights that white hair guy. i dunno i was stoned when i was watching it

Rek
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:31 PM
she fights Pai Mei in Kill Bill vol. 2

Anyone who liked vol. 1 and not volume 2 just is admiting that they like violence, but not plot... no big deal, you can't change idiots... now, to the people that have some sopistication (ie: like seeing eyeball mush intwixt toes) will admit that vol. 2 was QT at his finest. And Kudo's to all that stayed thru the 15 minute credits to see the end clip.

hiddenpookie
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:54 PM
ok thanx was going crazi for a moment...

Mosky_Kong
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:57 PM
END CLIp??? After movie? WHAT WHAT WHAT???? I only stayed in tell she showed all Beatrixs alias. Theres more after wards??

Uchiha-Itachi
Thu, 04-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by: bwabes

Wow can i have my opinion, k thx (cuz i DO live in a free country) i just dont like movies with endless babbling and flashbacks yawn.. thats all..

cuz IN MY OPINION <--- read MY OPINION.. its just a 60 mins flashback, 30 min more talking and speechless scenes (drive car, walk the road stare around in a coffin etc etc) and 10 mins fighting movie...

zzz