PDA

View Full Version : GANTZ

Sarutobi
Tue, 01-13-2004, 11:20 AM
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif http://gantz.net/ ('http://gantz.net/') http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_dribble.gif sav-uh the flav-uh and enjoy

x hypz x
Tue, 01-13-2004, 12:08 PM
gantz? it looks interesting, whats it about?

pandaexpress79
Wed, 01-14-2004, 05:11 AM
awsome yes awsome so awsome,... i thought of the girl being a blonde tough but thats just a small detail it looks so awsome, GANTZ(the big black ball) looks kewl in the preview too also the part where he jumps down the stairs looked kewl but anyway i love this series its about time it got animated i'm so excited so many good movies comiing out in 2004 i'm so excited YAY! http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif

is it just the fight with the oninon guys or does anyone know where the movie will go to...

a_nevels666
Wed, 01-14-2004, 06:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (x hypz x @ Jan 14 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> gantz? it looks interesting, whats it about? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I can&#39;t believe how true to the manga the preview movie from that site looks.

What is Gantz?
Gantz is an awesome manga with tons of sex and violence and gore.

I guess it&#39;s like a mystery horror thriller or something, kind of hard to categorize or even describe.

I try to keep the spoilers to a minimum:

It&#39;s about 2 guys who are killed by a train (or are they?) while trying to get some drunk guy off the tracks. They then appear in a room somewhere with other people who have apparently died. (?) A mysterious black orb (perhaps alien?) then sends them on missions to kill &#39;aliens&#39;. Or is it all just some twisted game?

The manga is being scanlated by The Hawks &amp; Omanga. (together)

http://www.omanga.net/?cid=gantz ('http://www.omanga.net/?cid=gantz')

Anyway, it&#39;s awesome. Although I guess it might be too dark for some people. (think &quot;Berserk manga&quot; dark)

SuntUrioN
Thu, 01-15-2004, 11:16 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_nevels666 @ Jan 14 2004, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (x hypz x &#064; Jan 14 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> gantz? it looks interesting, whats it about? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

What is Gantz?

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
There maybe violence and gore but there&#39;s no sex at all.
Except if you count a naked chick as sex ?

But,
GANTZ is sick.
The manga is just ill, a must read for everybody.
The preview on the website look crazy, i can&#39;t wait.
But i dont think it wil beome a series, just an OVA.
Violent anime don&#39;t seem to be to popular in Japan and the preview looked to good to be true.
It would be hella expensive to make series with such an animation quality

a_nevels666
Thu, 01-15-2004, 01:35 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SuntUrioN @ Jan 15 2004, 11:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a_nevels666 &#064; Jan 14 2004, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (x hypz x &#064; Jan 14 2004, 12:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> gantz? it looks interesting, whats it about? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

What is Gantz?

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
There maybe violence and gore but there&#39;s no sex at all.
Except if you count a naked chick as sex ?

But,
GANTZ is sick.
The manga is just ill, a must read for everybody.
The preview on the website look crazy, i can&#39;t wait.
But i dont think it wil beome a series, just an OVA.
Violent anime don&#39;t seem to be to popular in Japan and the preview looked to good to be true.
It would be hella expensive to make series with such an animation quality </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well, maybe not sex, but definately nudity and some attempted rape scenes and stuff. I&#39;m pretty sure there&#39;ll be a sex scene in the future in the manga.

And I think it&#39;s just a movie, not an OVA or series.

SuntUrioN
Wed, 02-04-2004, 04:11 AM
<span style='color:red'>NEWS FLASH ('http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=5914')</span>

Gantz is going to be a anime series and it&#39;s gonna be animated by Gonzo Studios.
IMO one of the best studios.

Damn i&#39;m so happy, I could just piss myself.

Kaya83
Sun, 04-18-2004, 09:55 AM
Let's talk about this spring anime.
I've seen good series like Midori no Hibi, Shura no Toki, Ragnarok Monster or Tenjou Tenge &amp; even a lot of bad series like Madlax, Kenran Butoh Sai, Bakuretsu Tenshi or Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai subbed by a lot of different groups, but till now no one has started subbing GANTZ.

I wonder why?
This is an awesome serie (cause i know the manga &amp; it's great), the design is wonderfull, the animation is good &amp; the story is great. So why there's no group who subs it?

itachi_
Sun, 04-18-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm a lil confused too, but AonE said that they will sub it. hmm screwed

Kaya83
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:57 PM
never heard of it...
however 2 days have passed &amp; still no version of this great anime, what a shame...

Bonkers325
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:03 PM
use irc or BT

Koyuki
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Yeay! I knew if i waited, some superior subbers would sub it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Xollence
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:18 PM
Wow did anyone notice all the new animes animeone is subbing lately. They must have a really large group.

Chojin
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:27 PM
great stuff. first day i read the first two volumes of gantz i thought to myself what a great anime this would make! and here it is!

One
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:30 PM
What's this show about? I heard nothing but good things about it and want to check it out, but all I can think about is Guts from Berserk. :/

XwingRob
Thu, 04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Wow! What a cool first episode.
Its about two guys who get "killed" by a train. But when they "died" they wake up in a room with a few other people who have "died". There is a black sphere in the center, and it seems to recreate the people who "died". And at the end of the episode the sphere basically said that they will follow its orders from now on.
I think the black sphere comes from alien origins, but I could be wrong.

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Damn that sounds cool ! I won't watch it for a while though, I like to have at least 10 or so episodes of an anime so that I can really spend some time getting into it, then follow it weekly from there i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

XwingRob
Thu, 04-22-2004, 10:05 PM
One thing that did suprise me about this show is how little CGI is used. I say that because its another show made by Gonzo, who are always big on the CGI effects.
You do get some cool animation at parts though. And this show doesn't really require huge CGI.
Also I think the characters in this show are realistic. I won't go into detail, don't want to spoil the whole show for you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Kumiriko
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:36 AM
It looks like Gantz was removed from the torrent page. my download is still going to not worring

XwingRob
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:41 AM
Aone says that the first file doesn't have the correct CRC.(I don't quite understand, there was nothing wrong with viewing my episode) They have a newer version out that has the correct CRC, so download it if you wish.

ryan92084
Fri, 04-23-2004, 01:50 AM
mine worked fine for me ...but they put up a new one and then took em both down... dunno whats up

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 04-23-2004, 02:01 AM
for some strange reason i like it, i love how they showed all of those charachters thoughts amazing i´ve never seen anything like this

XwingRob
Fri, 04-23-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by: ryan92084
mine worked fine for me ...but they put up a new one and then took em both down... dunno whats up

LOL, it turns out the original CRC was ok, too. Silly AonE. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Chojin
Fri, 04-23-2004, 06:12 AM
It was as good as i thought it was going to be. it covered about half of the first volume of manga which is pretty good. im hoping they get past the 4 volumes soon, because thehawks are taking so long to translate them, and i think there're about 9 volumes of it released.

good breaks intro as well, and not too shabby outro.

bring on onion man!

oceen246
Fri, 04-23-2004, 09:32 AM
I didn't really like the first episode, but I guess it was an introduction for the rest of the series. Eventhough I didn't like the first episode, from the preview I saw, it looks like it will be a great series.

*kibakun*
Fri, 04-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone i want to say i thought this anime friggin rocked well anyways i wanted to know if someone could tell me when it came out so i could get to watch more episodes.oh and does anyone knowif its a short series?

Kame_Sennin
Fri, 04-23-2004, 11:48 AM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif this is great to hear. I've been reading the manga and got a friend into it. He'd mentioned that he had seen or read something about there being an anime.

is it as graphic as the manga? ...probably not, but I thought I'd ask.

Trip
Fri, 04-23-2004, 05:57 PM
hmmm, kinda different, but I liked it, can't wait to find out wtf is going on. The intro is pretty cool too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

itachi_
Fri, 04-23-2004, 05:59 PM
It's really intresting and like psychological, you need to think, and this anime is like different, you see different views, hear others thought and all that, it makes it reallt cool.

Poiple Weezard
Fri, 04-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Saw the first episode, and nearly everybody is a jerk, especially the main character. I don't think I'll be able to get into an anime where I can't associate with the characters well. I'm gonna at least watch episode 2 to be certain.

XwingRob
Fri, 04-23-2004, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't let that stop you. I get the feeling this anime is about redemption from being jerks. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Trip
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by: XwingRob
One thing that did suprise me about this show is how little CGI is used. I say that because its another show made by Gonzo, who are always big on the CGI effects.
You do get some cool animation at parts though. And this show doesn't really require huge CGI.
Also I think the characters in this show are realistic. I won't go into detail, don't want to spoil the whole show for you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

huh... there was me thinking it has an extremely large amount of obvious GC effects, not teh characters them selves, but other things.

XwingRob
Sat, 04-24-2004, 02:53 AM
Really? I guess I mistakely always associate CGI with vehicles(them being 3D like) and what not.
Well, the effects are good at least. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Trip
Sat, 04-24-2004, 03:12 AM
yea, most of the rooms are CG, and you can notice it when the camera 'pans' around but the characters stay flat to the background. Mostly ublte stuff but if you know what you're looking for i guess it's obvious.... very well done tho (oh yea that black ball thing was GC too)

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 04-24-2004, 07:52 AM
Subtle errors with the integration of CG and regular animation will usually be enough to turn me away from a series, if they persist long enough.

The quality during the initial panning of the rooms wasn't impressive, and it even looked a little outdated. When they are moving along the railroad tracks towards the man, the scenery is again CG and moving at a different speed than the characters.

NM
Sat, 04-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Aone has just started subbing Gantz if im not mistaken. It should be on the torrents page of gotwoot.

chaos4ever
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:00 PM
yep. so far, an interesting series. hopefully, we won't be hearing any more voices in people's heads. it makes the series almost schizophrenic

Bonkers325
Sat, 04-24-2004, 04:24 PM
USE BT OR IRC

itachi_
Sat, 04-24-2004, 05:34 PM
man they've cut out the organ/gore scenes i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Bonkers325
Sat, 04-24-2004, 06:29 PM
the whole anime is censored, has nothing to do with fansubs

Kite666
Sat, 04-24-2004, 08:33 PM
Then why make it if half the story is missing

SaSuKeRuLeS
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by: Poiple Weezard
Subtle errors with the integration of CG and regular animation will usually be enough to turn me away from a series, if they persist long enough.

The quality during the initial panning of the rooms wasn't impressive, and it even looked a little outdated. When they are moving along the railroad tracks towards the man, the scenery is again CG and moving at a different speed than the characters.

i think your over analyzing it a little too far, i thought the first episode kicked ass i mean man the graphics and drawings are good maybe your too used to animes having lots and lots of money to be able to add loads and loads of good graphics into each episode of course they are going to mess up a couple of times but give them time and cut them some slack or just dont watch it. anyways i loved the first episode and i hope this anime is a long one...

XwingRob
Sun, 04-25-2004, 01:08 AM
WTF??? The second episode almost made no sense at all. I hope they explain what's going on.
But, its an alien anime....cool.

Poiple Weezard
Sun, 04-25-2004, 01:38 AM
This is the type of anime that is intended for deep though and overanalyzation.

It was fairly obvious that in the opening scene they were trying to show off their CG surroundings. If they try to show off something that isn't impressive, what does that say to you? I think that the series could stand on its plotline and characters, but if they try to draw so much attention to poorly done aspects of it, then it takes away from the story.

Phainein Terra
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:32 AM
I didn't notice any real cgi. I did notice some animated 3d affects (the panning). You can edit and image with a computer without it being CGI. CGI is done using polygons and rendering. I didn't see anything that looked rendered. Even the ball didn't look rendered, just cleverly colored. I'm probably wrong, but if they used real CGI it was done to look animated, and was probably a total waste of technology where hand-drawing achieves the same affect.

The storyline is indeed filled with alot of symbolism and food for thought.

I don't think stuff like visual affects really add that much except as a place-setting.

However, I really don't see the requirement of being analystic to enjoy this anime. It's okay just to follow along with a blank mind and see what happens, too, and absorb the symbolism when it comes to bloom. I like animes that can appeal to both avenues. I did not read the manga, but I think the anime is good, of not graphic enough to be a real classic like the Samurai X 4-part Rurouni Kenshin OVA, Lain, or GITS. I'm really glad AONE is doing this. They are among my list top quality encoders.

Trip
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:46 AM
pretty good... a lot of explaining to do. Also shame they censored it....

If you go to the official site (http://www.gantz.net/) and click on movies, you'll see some of the stuff they cut out.

Hmmm, i think this series needs its own forum area i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kyagami
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:48 AM
yupp. this anime is censored....i guesS i'll skip this one wait for the DVDrip release....

XwingRob
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:53 AM
Why not just replace the gore with glorified blood spraying like in all the other animes? I mean, that's a heck of a lot better than cutting away from the scene, right?

Chojin
Sun, 04-25-2004, 05:24 AM
wtf, i've read the manga, so i know what was going on between scenes, like the old guys heaad exploding...the little onion/leek dude getting killed...

they missed out a shitload of vital scenes, including when people cant hear them and they're shouting. why the hell is this anime censored. is it just censored for tv and there'll eventually be a dvd release, because if so ill be stopping with this series soon, not only do they censor nearly everything, but they miss half the fucking story. its a hard enough anime to try and understand at first anyway without them making it even harder.

itachi_
Sun, 04-25-2004, 05:59 AM
Yeah but also the boobies of the girl was cut out :/

Poiple Weezard
Sun, 04-25-2004, 08:43 AM
Its not a requirement, but I feel that the anime will cause most people to think about the events and people. It should lead to much deeper discussions than Naruto has.

I'm not involved in graphics in any way. I can't even use Paint properly. Therefore, any 3D effects that I see that obviously use a computer in some way I refer to as CG. If they are graphics that require a computer, what should I call them?

Trip
Sun, 04-25-2004, 09:06 AM
where can the manga be found? if there is an english translation?

*EDIT* nm, found it now with a quick google i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kyagami
Sun, 04-25-2004, 09:45 AM
i just wonderin' since when anime get censored?.... o_O

Uberbaka
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Well, I for one haven't read the manga... And I think it's a cool anime sofar, i'm gonna keep watching it and perhaps pick up the manga a couple of episodes down the line. So i'm guessing other people can't see them? It was made obvious when none of the taxis stopped for the old man... So what do you guys recommend me doing? Going straight to the manga or staying with the anime a little while?

Gods_Son
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Just go straight to the manga, I would continue on with this show, but the main character is way too annoying.

itachi_
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Comon don't say that manga is more enjoyable then anime because it's not

One
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:45 AM
But I hate censorship... And from a guy like me who haven't read the manga, I can't understand that second episode, and it seems like the impact would be better if all the scenes were included...

So, is AonE intednig to sub the yet-to-come DVD version?

Trip
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Well the anime in 2 episodes has covered 17 chapters in the manga. They have missed and changed a few things, worth reading the manga if you like the series (well i've only read the first 20 chapters so far i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif )

Gods_Son
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:00 PM
The manga is never more enjoyable to see, but if you want to see everything (no censorship), and can't wait to find out what happens next, you should read the manga.

XwingRob
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:07 PM
LOL, that has got to be the slowest manga ever if two episodes in the anime have covered 17 chapters.

Uberbaka
Sun, 04-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Well, I haven't had any problems understanding/theorising as of the second episode, so i think i'll watch the anime and then read the manga... I usually can't stand censorship, but i really liked this anime.

Kinda like a reverse berserk =P (manga first, then anime)

oceen246
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Returning to the original topic, I just finished watching episode 2, and it was really great. I mean, like I mentioned in my first post, the first episode was just introductary, the second is just plain crazy, I can't wait for the 3rd one.

oceen246
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:30 PM
I didn't read the manga yet, so for me, the story line is great. I really like episode 2

Epidemic
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi, my copy of episode 2 is Exactly the same as episode 1.
Anyone else find this or is it just me?

Munsu
Sun, 04-25-2004, 02:47 PM
Just you

Xollence
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:54 PM
It was kind of confusing for me. Like do they have to kill the targets within the time period or die? Are they really dead?

itachi_
Sun, 04-25-2004, 03:56 PM
Hmm things I can't understand, who's the creature in the ball? and aren't there any ppl who can hear them or see them, or are they like in a different world, didn't see any humans except them?

Chojin
Sun, 04-25-2004, 04:00 PM
The manga is way better.

i for one am very dissapointed with this series.

Trip
Sun, 04-25-2004, 05:22 PM
yea, after reading all the available manga (up to chapter 59), it's much better than the anime i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Although i'll still watch the anime as it's realeased too, this series is v.good i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Sun, 04-25-2004, 05:51 PM
I like the psychological thoughts, but I dont know why the dialogues and the way the anime has been presented doesnt let me think of the matter as being realistic, I think they need to do a better job on making the characters more realistic, right now I get a fake vibe

It's just that the portrayal of the characters feel too light hearted, when this series needs a better job in portraying intense and cold feelings...

kazu_kun
Sun, 04-25-2004, 07:50 PM
you can find the Gantz manga at www.omanga.net they have up to like chapter 55 or so in volume 5 and they update it pretty often. I prefer the manga over the anime but I'll still read the anime though.

Kite666
Sun, 04-25-2004, 10:49 PM
the manga can be found at Omanga, but beware the fact that their really slow at releasing the manga but it is worth every second of downloading to read it in it's entirety.

XwingRob
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by: Xollence
Like do they have to kill the targets within the time period or die? Are they really dead?

1) That's what I'm guessing. Maybe its a huge bomb that will blow up the planet if they don't complete their objective within the time period?
2) I don't think so, it brought them back to life once, surely it can do it again. Maybe that politician is dead for good though, I mean, he was disobeying orders.

oceen246
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:49 PM
I think all those questions will be answered as we watch the series

oceen246
Sun, 04-25-2004, 11:50 PM
I don't understand how you were played like that

Epidemic
Mon, 04-26-2004, 01:20 AM
Nope just DL it again and got the same prob, Im getting it from the gotwoot torrent page, and it says [AonE]_GANTZ_-_02_[291F3AD9]

Hayate
Mon, 04-26-2004, 10:58 AM
ep2 was the worst piece of anime i've ever seen. wtf happened there?

i was really looking forward to this anime adaptation too. oh well

oceen246
Mon, 04-26-2004, 12:27 PM
I got the same one, but mine is working fine though

Chojin
Mon, 04-26-2004, 03:02 PM
I've deleted both eps and waiting for the dvd version, no point wasting my time with this series anymore, unless i see it REALLY pick up from people's views here i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Epidemic
Tue, 04-27-2004, 01:13 AM
I dont beleive this, I just DL it again and i still got episode 1 labeled as 2.
I give up.

Koyuki
Tue, 04-27-2004, 06:50 AM
Liked it. Nice plot, well it seems so. Good drawings.
I'll watch this for a while.

Does someone know where i can get the op and end theme?

SaSuKeRuLeS
Tue, 04-27-2004, 07:57 AM
i dont really care nothing can be perfect wo what can we say its not like im adding graphics or cg so its not my concern so i dont really care as long as i get more episodes because this anime is great too many people have bad things to say, remember if your gonna say something dont be mean be humble!!!!

silentpixel
Tue, 04-27-2004, 08:03 AM
This anime is really intresting. Somthing alot different from the usual. Its not perfect but it is good and its only been 2 episodes so it can get better. Ill be watching this for some time.

oceen246
Tue, 04-27-2004, 09:44 AM
I agree with ya'll 3, so far so good, and it's getting even more interesting.

Poiple Weezard
Tue, 04-27-2004, 10:48 AM
I'm still annoyed by the main character. He's not only cowardly, but indecisive about being so. He knows that he should run away, but he hesitates. I still think it should be classified as an action series, but it takes so long for him to take any action. The little cliffhanger at the end of each episode doesn't help to resolve things either.

itachi_
Tue, 04-27-2004, 10:49 AM
He reminds me of Ikari Shinji in NGE, geez....

Poiple Weezard
Tue, 04-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Except Shinji was never an adventurous kid in the past, he was always a wimp and a whiner, wasn't he?

This guy used to take on bullies three times his size. Never had any hesitation whatsoever. He was Katou's hero. How could a guy like that get changed into Shinji so easily?

One
Tue, 04-27-2004, 10:55 AM
He's not a coward, he's just a sociopath as it looks like.

A lazy one.

TeNSaikUn
Wed, 04-28-2004, 05:09 PM
I really like Gantz.
but anime is ....
:/

manga is SO much better.

chaos4ever
Wed, 04-28-2004, 06:27 PM
i second that. the manga is pretty awesome at ch 59. too bad it doesn't come out any faster &lt;g&gt;

Toruxxx
Wed, 04-28-2004, 07:27 PM
i dl gantz ep 1-2 thought to give it ago i really like it then i dl the manga and i av to say they did miss out quite alot but i do really like both cant wait for the anime to get more eps out. just hope they dont cut to much stuff out i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

XwingRob
Tue, 05-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Well, episode 3 came out a couple days ago....
I thought this episode was pretty good..

itachi_
Tue, 05-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah Gantz is the freakin shit man... The music was good too, I like that guy who only has 10 points left, dunno his name.. :S, and when gantz were listing the points, that was damn funny, "too much looking at tits" "you almost died, looser" or something like that i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

XwingRob
Tue, 05-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Yeah it was "You almost died Katou-kun, what the hell"
And the dog: "Has no motiviation"

lexkickssuperman
Wed, 05-05-2004, 02:29 AM
Is there some sort of censoring going on? I noticed some weird scene transitions. For example, in ep2, right when the little green dude gets busted, there's just slime all over the place but no body parts flying, then in ep3 when the dog got beamed back to the apt and immediately ran and did something to the girl?? I'm thinking the scenes got deleted?? when broadcasted OTA.

Nevermind, found another thread. Guess I'll go for the manga....

XwingRob
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:41 AM
GANTZ 4 is out.
I felt the episode was good. I guess there still trying to explain what's going on.
How the hell did that girl find out where the main charcter lived???

Munsu
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:54 AM
Yeah... I was wondering the samething... maybe woman's intuition...

SpankyDaM
Mon, 05-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Must admit that I am still not sure about this anime - but it's kinda sucking me in to the story - felt that this weeks episode was one of the strongest so far.

I am enjoying that the main character is a good take on the 'Anti-Hero' - like many I'm looking forward to the flashback that explains why he changed so much - from the looks of things he lives alone so it may be the loss of his parents because they went to help someone.

Nice usage of CGI in this as well - I'm noticing this so much more these days, looks like it's now cheaper to take basic house shapes and model a town than it is to draw it :-) Certainly seeing the benefits in the big track and pan shots

On the whole I think I'm gonna enjoy where the story goes - nice twist this episode with the phone call as well

One
Mon, 05-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Episode 4 is fucked up for me. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

XwingRob
Tue, 05-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Redownload the episode, and make sure you got all the right codecs.

Naszim
Wed, 05-12-2004, 03:59 PM
my computers working again, soo ill post again, and does ne 1 no of a site where i can view the manga of gantz, i alredy watch the anime

Protoss
Wed, 05-12-2004, 04:17 PM
animation seemed really bad, same with the music imo :\

I didn't like the characters they go on and on about the same thing and the monster looked ugly an unoriginal like a frankenstein type deal

Naszim
Mon, 05-17-2004, 06:09 PM
does ne 1 no where to get the manga the site i no only goes up to 60

Poiple Weezard
Mon, 05-17-2004, 06:21 PM
We now have a Gantz section and that might be a better place to ask. I don't know if we need this thread anymore.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/categories.cfm?catid=41&amp;entercat=y

Bonkers325
Sun, 06-13-2004, 08:35 PM
bt or irc

oceen246
Sun, 06-13-2004, 11:11 PM
please ignore this post, I made a mistake

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Great, ty for another great release. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Jin234
Mon, 12-13-2004, 08:45 PM
what is it about where can i get

Mut
Mon, 12-13-2004, 08:46 PM
why won't you stay banned, fucker.

MFauli
Sun, 11-15-2009, 01:55 PM
so, im rewatching the 2 seasons at the moment, and after having finished the manga some time ago, i wonder: WTF why is there no continuation of this anime?!?

In terms of manga, Gantz is my 2nd favorite series, after Berserk and before Blame!, and the anime is great, as well. What especially bothers me, though, is how the Gantz-anime doesnt show how epic this series actually is.

When you´ve only seen the anime, youll think "well, that was a strange, weird series", but when your read all of the manga, you can only think of one word...."epic". The manga is so many missions ahead of the anime, so there´d be enooooough stuff to animate.

Any rumors at all? :(

Raven
Fri, 11-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Dunno, some manga series just don't transition well to anime. I know what you mean, I constantly feel blown away by the epic-ness of the manga but the anime seems lame, slow paced and boring. Can't really explain why, it's virtually the same content after all.

MFauli
Fri, 11-20-2009, 11:00 AM
I mean...it´s so...evil. Really cant think of a more fitting word. We get 100000 moe-series with "hot" girls and douchebag-main character guys that wont fuck them, all while there are series like Gantz or Berserk out there that would be the best thing ever and get ignored by Japanese animation studios. Anime is really in a downwards-spirale...

chambers
Fri, 11-20-2009, 12:40 PM
i liked the anime, i have never read the manga or have any idea what its about (if its any different). The series for me was reallly good with lots of WTF moments, it had its slow times also though i think they carried on with the main characters sexual obsession a little too much, or made it a little too slow. They should have carried it on for sure...

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 11-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Dunno, some manga series just don't transition well to anime. I know what you mean, I constantly feel blown away by the epic-ness of the manga but the anime seems lame, slow paced and boring. Can't really explain why, it's virtually the same content after all.

Are you seriously saying the manga isn't slow? If I hadn't read it from start to present in the span of a few days, I would have been bored to death with it. Especially with that super long mission.

Lucifus
Sun, 11-22-2009, 03:57 AM
so, im rewatching the 2 seasons at the moment, and after having finished the manga some time ago, i wonder: WTF why is there no continuation of this anime?!?

In terms of manga, Gantz is my 2nd favorite series, after Berserk and before Blame!, and the anime is great, as well. What especially bothers me, though, is how the Gantz-anime doesnt show how epic this series actually is.

When you´ve only seen the anime, youll think "well, that was a strange, weird series", but when your read all of the manga, you can only think of one word...."epic". The manga is so many missions ahead of the anime, so there´d be enooooough stuff to animate.

Any rumors at all? :(

Really glad you made that post man. This manga is amazing! I watched the anime awhile back but never tried out the manga.

Can't wait for 308 to be translated. :cool:

Raven
Mon, 11-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Are you seriously saying the manga isn't slow? If I hadn't read it from start to present in the span of a few days, I would have been bored to death with it. Especially with that super long mission.
Depends how you interpret the word "slow". If by slow you mean there's a million chapters per 5 story minutes, then hell yeah it's slow. But I find that the story usually has something exciting or epic going on and you don't have time to be bored.
I've been reading it over many years as it's been released and I can't say I've ever been bored tbh. Maybe I'm just easily pleased?

Sapphire
Sun, 12-27-2009, 09:56 AM
A Gantz live action has been announced (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-10-07/gantz-manga-being-adapted-into-live-action-film). I don't know anything about the people who are creating this movie, but I hope it's not really cheesy. Most Japanese live-action movies have proven to disappoint me in this aspect though. Need trailer!