PDA

View Full Version : 4th, Kyuubi, and Naruto

FuzzyEyebrowz
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:10 AM
-Sarutobi made to kage bunshins...
-he sealed the 1st and 2nd in his kage bunshins using "the 4ths technique"...
-the seal on the stomach was exactly like naruto's...

Question:
How does Naruto have kyuubi sealed in him?

This may seem like a stupid question... but hear me out

The sealER absorbs the soul and seals it within himself, as proven by the 3rd
THEREFORE, does that mean Naruto sealed Kyuubi inside him? Well... i wouldnt think so...
So then... does that mean, the 4th made Naruto seal him?
Or even, is there some variation to this technique where he seals it in someone else's body? Obviously naruto's...

Question:
Is the 4th also inside naruto?
or even
Did the 4th's soul enter naruto, and sealed kyuubi while the 4th's soul was in naruto, therefore sacrificing the 4th's soul rather then naruto's?

I just dont get it...
I hope you guys know what Im getting at here... its kinda hard to explain right now

Mut
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:15 AM
the 4th sealed the kyubi within naruto. we don't know if the 4th is also sealed within him.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:39 AM
i think this is pretty much how the seal thing goes, mainly whoever calls upon the death god has already thrown away his life, bc the fouth sacrificed himself to seal the kyubi inside naruto, i dont known if he was also seal in naruto, but wut the 3rd did was sealed the 1st and 2nd inside two of his bushins, and oro's arms insided himself so he wouldnt be able to use his jutsu's anymore, so i think that the fuijin that was used is whe calling upon the death god he will grant what you want him to do but in return you lose your life. this my own opinion so im not 100% sure on it

Feannag
Sun, 04-18-2004, 05:33 PM
Well the way I see it that sealing jitsu the 3rd used only works on mortals. I don't think it would have worked on Kyuubi since it is a demon, technically a non-mortal, supernatural entity.

My guess is the 4th had a variation of the jitsu knowing this, and used his own life to seal Kyuubi inside of Naruto. Simply because you can't kill a demon like Kyuubi that way but it CAN be contained in a vessel of some kind...

*Edit*

Potential Spoiler

Also I don't think the 4th was sealed within Naruto. That would mean he technically wouldn't be dead in the traditional sense. And that would also mean Orchomaru wouldn't have been able to resurrect him as he had the 1st and 2nd, and it did show there was a third coffin the 3rd stopped.

Nova
Sun, 04-18-2004, 06:21 PM
There is definately no answer to this question. Not enough information is known about the 4th's sealing. I dont believe the 4th is within Naruto, more likely that the 4th, along with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Orochimaru's arms are in the death god. "Locked in eternal hate and combat" ... An unfortunate fate for the village's leaders, who all fought so hard to make the village what it is.

They say the 3rd and the 4th used the same technique, so rather than it being a variation of the same technique there was probably a problem with Kyuubi being too strong, or immortal or something. So rather than the death god taking Kyuubi's soul, it was sealed into a newborn child.

It would seem that since the seal can keep Kyuubi inside Naruto that the power of the technique must be on an infinite scale, and so it would be strange that the death god couldn't absorb Kyuubi... So maybe the 4th chose rather than sealing Kyuubi inside himself who was going to die from the technique, seal Kyuubi inside Naruto for Naruto to be able to use and control the Kyuubi's power.

That would mean that maybe Naruto wasn't just some random child chosen for this technique, and with the similarity's in appearance, and refrences to each other it is a possiblity that Naruto is the 4th son and was chosen so that Naruto could grow up and maybe use the power as a reminder of his father. But thats reaching, and a topic for a different debate.

Btw I dont read the manga or anything, aside from the anime knowledge this is mostly just intueition, probabilty, and some just pure guessing.

SK
Sun, 04-18-2004, 06:56 PM
I agree with Nova. I think the 4th maybe had some variation of the technique and sealed it inside of Naruto to protect him and the village. I remember in an episode someone saying the 4th did it to protect Naruto...

androshalforc
Sun, 04-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Also I don't think the 4th was sealed within Naruto. That would mean he technically wouldn't be dead in the traditional sense. And that would also mean Orchomaru wouldn't have been able to resurrect him as he had the 1st and 2nd, and it did show there was a third coffin the 3rd stopped.
im not exaclty sure what you mean but the forth is dead if you watch ep 01 it says he was in a life and death battle and he died after sealing the demon

and i believe the techniques used by the third and forth were completely different
1 orichmaru (snakey guy) tried to sommon 3 coffins the third would have obviosly been the 4th hokage therefore the 4th could not have been sealed anywhere else.
2 the thirds ability required close contact while the forths was obviosly done at a considerable distance
3 the soul is the experince of the user if the 4th had used that techniqe and sealed the kyubii's soul in naruto then naruto would not have acces to the kyubiis chakra but would have acces to his experience so it must have been the kyubii as a whole that was sealed while the thirds techniqe clearly targetted just the soul

Zhan
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:17 AM
maybe before killing himself by sealing kyuubi the kyuubi killed the 4th by throwing a tree at him..then the 4th sealed him with his last strenght and died before the death god could consume his soul

Gods_Son
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:20 AM
Kyubi threw a tree at him, good call

Mut
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
Kyubi threw a tree at him, good call

LOL... this is too funny.

Jessper
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by: androshalforc
[quote]

2 the thirds ability required close contact while the forths was obviosly done at a considerable distance

Obviously.........

3 the soul is the experince of the user if the 4th had used that techniqe and sealed the kyubii's soul in naruto then naruto would not have acces to the kyubiis chakra but would have acces to his experience so it must have been the kyubii as a whole that was sealed while the thirds techniqe clearly targetted just the soul

Obviously.........

We don't know what happened with all this.

NokturnalAndy
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:28 AM
I think it's been stated in an earlier episode or I just go the impression but...

It seems that the 4th sealed Kyuubi into Naruto (a newborn innocent child) so that it could experience being a mortal itself, since it was immortal and most likely was never mortal in an effort to make it become good. If he tried to seal it within himself, either he would've died, or Kyuubi would've taken over his body and made him become evil. So by placing it in an innocent newborn child, Kyuubi would have an extremely hard time trying to corrupt it because it was so pure and good.

Now this is a pretty big burden to place upon a child, but that's why Hokasage, Kakashi and Ikura Sensei are have been trying to make Naruto grow into a nice, good, decent human being.

So far it has basically worked. Kyuubi doesn't seem to want to harm Naruto after having grown up inside him. He only comes out to do Naruto's bidding and protect Naruto and his friends when Naruto really needs help.

Right now to me, Kyuubi seems like Naruto's guardian angel, always coming to save Naruto.

(But i'm only at episode 51... so don't mind me, just speculation)

Eurasian
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:32 AM
Like what some ppl already said, a youma like the kyubi cannot just die; it's immortal. therefore the 4th cannot seal it in himself because then the soul is in the death god's stomach or whatever. yondaime chose a newborn baby so he wouldn't know that he has the demon inside of him (i'm sure ppl already mentioned all this). i think the variation of the sealing jutsu is a very good possiblity too. hm...

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:40 PM
I came up with something right now... How about this.... What if naruto is a reincarnation of the 4th Hokage, not his son or anything, the fourth born anew. He has no parents known to anyone as far as people know. No one has ever said anything about the fourth having a wife and kid or anything like that... And what's more is; Wouldn't people respect and love Naruto if it was common fact that Naruto WAS the fourth's son?

What do you guys think of this little theory of mine? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Goingin
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Can't be, cause when u say he reincarnated then he should have died while Naruto was born, and the story tells u the 4th sealed the kyuubi into baby, so the 4th died somewhere after Naruto was born

Yay!
Another theory destroyed!

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 06-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Well, might be a bad translation, or they might have said it very unclear to make you think of it as that... But it needent be true, or they didn't mean it as it's supposed to sound.

kupalmaru
Sun, 06-20-2004, 05:19 PM
When the Third Hokage summon the Death God, someone was scrucified in the Death God's belly. From the looked of it, that guy is the Fourth Hokage. It kinda make sense because he develop that jutso and the first one who use it.

Im bringing this up, because I read some post before and nobody talked about The Fourth being that guy on the Death God's belly.

Mut
Sun, 06-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru
When the Third Hokage summon the Death God, someone was scrucified in the Death God's belly. From the looked of it, that guy is the Fourth Hokage. It kinda make sense because he develop that jutso and the first one who use it.

Im bringing this up, because I read some post before and nobody talked about The Fourth being that guy on the Death God's belly.

was it ever mentioned that 4th developed the sealing jutsu?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-20-2004, 06:22 PM
what i really don't get is why people think that just becuase the 4th sealed the kyubi into Naruto and the 3rd sealed orochimaru into himself, that it means those two used diffrent kinds of jutsus...
tell me, do you guys also believe that there's a diffrence between throwing something into the trash can and throwing it into the toliet?
the process of throwing is the same, it's just that the target is diffrent...

the reason that the 4th sealed the kyubi inside Naruto is probably becuase the nine-tails is immortal and if he's sealed into a dead person, then he'll be able to 'regenrate' and come back to the world. on the other side, Orochimaru isn't immortal, so even if his soul is somehow released from the 3rd's body, his body will already be dead and useless...

Mut@t@, the 3rd said that he has to use 'that' technique and apologized to the 4th about it at some point, and since orochimaru doesn't know the jutsu, it's very likely that it's the forth's invention..

Mae
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:36 PM
I don't think that it's really clear that the fourth created the technique, but we do know that Sarutobi learned it from him. Sarutobi calls it the technique of the hero who saved the village. He also commented when the death god showed up that the fourth had told him about this and that's why he knew only he could see it.

Sarutobi taught Jiraiya, and Jiraiya taught the fourth. Jiraiya could have discovered the technique I suppose, or the fourth could have learned it somewhere else entirely, but we already know he was a genious and created Naruto's new technique, so it would make sense that he made this one too.

About Ninetails being immortal........ I thought the reason Naruto was able to get chakra from it was that if Naruto died Ninetails died with him, so Ninetails had to protect Naruto out of its own self-interest. Didn't he say something like that at his "meeting" with Ninetails after being thrown off of the cliff?

kaigan
Sun, 06-20-2004, 08:48 PM
the sealing jutsu was invented by the fourth, i believe.

Board of Command
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Naruto is very likely to be the 4th's son. The only reason for its uncertainly might be that the 4th went on a sexual rampage and the mother is unknown.

ANYWAYS...I believe the biggest question is how the 4th was able to target the Kyubi. He couldn't have just grabbed it and let the Demon God do the work. The frog is nowhere near as strong as the Kyubi, so it couldn't have held it down long enough for the sealing process. Weird.

Medion
Sun, 06-20-2004, 11:12 PM
I think the fourth choose Naruto as the seal host instead of himself to keep the Kyubi's power away from evil hands.

If he had sealed Kyubi into himself, it would not go to Death's stomach, since youmas aren't like human souls, and belong to a different place. Kyubi would probably be throw back into the youma's world after the Fourth died, and someone with nasty intentions could pull it to the mortal world, like the Kazekage did with Shukaku.

Maybe the Kyubi attack years ago was not a random thing: maybe someone summoned it into the mortal world, but could not control it's powers (or unleashed them on purpose). By sealing it into a newborn baby, the Fourth made it possible to keep it under Konoha's surveillance during a whole lifespawn.

If Naruto dies, Kyubi will not really die like a mortal would: it'll only be thrown back to the other dimension where it belongs to. And from it's reaction, being locked inside Naruto is still several times better than going back home. As seen in other animes, youmas aren't too keen of their homeworld.

EpoC
Mon, 06-21-2004, 02:44 PM
It could also be like this that when the 4th sealed kyubi he got kyubi inside of him and died, but before he sealed him he told the konoha village to reincarnate him, and the reincarnation of the 4th is Naruto with kyubi inside of him. and the reason for this is probobly that he wanted naruto to protect the village with his kyubi powers.

but that is only a theory though.

Jessper
Mon, 06-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by: EpoC
It could also be like this that when the 4th sealed kyubi he got kyubi inside of him and died, but before he sealed him he told the konoha village to reincarnate him, and the reincarnation of the 4th is Naruto with kyubi inside of him. and the reason for this is probobly that he wanted naruto to protect the village with his kyubi powers.

but that is only a theory though.

I thought we went over this already? It says the 4th sealed the 9 tails into Naruto, you can't seal something if you are already dead IE Naruto had to be alive when the 4th was. That is unless they lied to us but the grounds for the theory at this point are very unstable.

complich8
Tue, 06-22-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by: NokturnalAndy

So far it has basically worked. Kyuubi doesn't seem to want to harm Naruto after having grown up inside him. He only comes out to do Naruto's bidding and protect Naruto and his friends when Naruto really needs help.

err .... when naruto first confronts kyuubi (about the time he gets the gamabunta summon down -- in fact in the same fall) kyuubi is locked behind a giant door with a little paper seal, and he takes a swipe at naruto. He's pretty clear about it, saying something along the lines of "I want to devour you, but this gate will not open."

That's episode 56 though ... about 19 minutes in. You might not be there yet, you should get there soon, since it kinda blows a hole in your "he's a nice little fox who wants to play nice" theory.

He's a demon. And a damned mean one too. He's dead straightforward about how he really really wants to just destroy and consume whatever, including his own host.

He's only let out chakra in the past out of fear for his life. In the haku arc, when naruto first felt kyuubi-powwa, it was naruto seeing a friend die and also realizing that he was next. With orochimaru, it was again an "I'm going to die" situation, and kyuubi chakra again came out. Kyuubi agrees to give naruto his chakra in episode 56, as kind of a last resort thing, realizing that if naruto dies with the seal intact, kyuubi won't survive it either. Naruto is basically blackmailing kyuubi (who has a strong drive for its own continued existence), it's not out of the goodness of his heart or to share his ability.

Even later on in the series (as far as its aired) the only time we have any substantial use of kyuubi-chakra is when naruto is seriously about to die, in a sand coffin that's about to annihilate him, and then his failed attempt in the most recent arc with itachi and kisame. Kyuubi-chakra isn't something that he can freely access and use, but in life or death situations it's there. That's the whole idea. He's learning to use it more freely, but it's still restricted, and he still largely depends on his own capacity (probably extended by kyuubi-traits he's inherited, like accelerated healing and just big capacity) for most of the stuff he does.

His latest new technique he's learning is all his own. Kyuubi chakra woulda just exploded the balloons and the ball immediately, and probably melted them too.

jing
Tue, 06-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Then if that's the case, you could also say that the kyubi chakra could melt naruto and explode him.

Board of Command
Wed, 06-23-2004, 01:47 PM
No, I'll have to disagree with you on that one, complich. I think Naruto rarely uses the kyubi chakra is because he's naturally bad at chakra control. In addition, it's much harder to access the kyubi chakra than his normal chakra. It was shown several times that Naruto is able to draw out kyubi chakra on his own will, once being Gaara fight. There he said something along the lines of "give me a bit of your power", and bang, kyubi chakra at his fingertips.

He doesn't use kyubi chakra *yet* for the new technique because it's a lot harder to control. It's always easier to start with the easier stuff, which is his normal chakra.

badgats
Sun, 06-27-2004, 04:43 AM
i think u will find that the 4th is actually naruto but reborn dureing the battle i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif there will be a twist somewhere where it becomes apparent. they are 2 similar and narutp has no parents or anything he wasnt just made otuta thin air . Also wihtout the demon fox chatra he is vcery powerful just like the 4th

Rock-Lee
Sun, 06-27-2004, 08:58 AM
If the 4th is naruto but reborn how could he have 2 bodies at the same time -_-.
I think that naruto is his son because if you watch the first ep you will see that he was late, and he sealed the kyuubi in a baby who was just born. So the 4th cant be naruto.
I think he was late because of the birth of naruto.Its more likely that naruto is his son.

kupalmaru
Sun, 06-27-2004, 11:54 AM
When Oro summoned the three coffin. Is the last coffin supposed to be the Fourth.

Rek
Sun, 06-27-2004, 12:09 PM
remember, the 3rd said the sealing technique pitched the 2 souls into eternal combat, the 4th just didn't want to fight teh nine tailed fox for an eternity, so he put kyuubi in the stomach of an infant... simple as that.

Jessper
Sun, 06-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru
When Oro summoned the three coffin. Is the last coffin supposed to be the Fourth.

Yes, I think someone said on the boards the coffins were numbered as well( 1,2,4 )

Sanitarium
Sun, 06-27-2004, 02:41 PM
There's no reason to believe the 4th is sealed inside Naruto. It's very straightfoward, some of you lot are reading far too much into it. Sealing is just a general kind of technique, just because Sarutobi sealed the hokages into him with a certain technique doesn't mean all sealing requires the user to die. Not all sealing kills the enemy either...

My guess is that Naruto is the 4th's son, because

a) he looks a LOT like him

b) for some reason, we've heard nothing about the Uzumaki clan, but loads about the uchiha/hyuuga clans, and probably some more, I forget.

Jiraiya also said some things like 'you remind me of him a lot' which makes sense.

We'll find out soon enough though.

FearTheMullet
Sun, 06-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Complich, Naruto has learned to contorl the Chakra of the Kyubii more freely. It used to be a spurt of random power which came in at times he was in threat of losing life(Versus Haku, and Oro in the woods) but in the Staidum batlles with Neji he called it up, against Garaa he called it up and When Facing Itachi and the shark dude, (kisame?) he calls it up. Its not very restricted, at all.

kuro
Thu, 07-01-2004, 12:33 AM
sanitarium let me simply point out why you are wrong or simply do not have the correct information. i do not mean to offend you but i feel i must correct on some of your points.

first off you are correct in saying that not all sealing jutsus require the user to die, however this particular sealing jutsu DOES require the user to die. the user(in this situation the 4th Hokage) makes a contract with shinigami(sp?) the death god. in return for the users soul(4th hokage) the death god seals up the target(in this case Kyuubi). with the way the 3rd hokage used the jutsu on orochimaru i dont see how naruto has the seal unless he did the justu which we all can agree is impossible. my view is that since the jutsu was used on a demon the jutsu had to be altered allowing shinigami to work through naruto and seal kyuubi in naruto. i agree that the 4th is NOT sealed in naruto for one reason...naruto has gone and seen kyuubi all nice and locked up so wtfs the 4th?

i disagree that the 4th is narutos father for a lot of reasons

1. if naruto is the son of the hokage dont u think everyone would know him? and if this was a secret for whatever reason sont u think the 3rd or some other high ranking ppl that know the truth reveal it to the people?

2. you say he looks a lot like him so its his son. i think thats the worst reason you have. one example is hinata. she doesnt look like anyone in her family(blue hair?) obviously excusing the byakugan trait. hey hey could be jiraiya and tsunades son, hes got his spiky hair and tsunades hair color, why the hell not?

3. the reason why we have heard nothing of the Uzumaki clan is either a) the family name doesnt really exist and its just a name they came up for naruto(this btw can also be used to disprove the "4th hokage is naruto's father" theory b) the whole clan was killed during Kyuubi's attack(also highly improbable but u never know...) and as to why you hear of all the "other clans" like hyuuga, uchiha, inuzuka(kiba's clan), akamichi(choji's clan), and the aburame(shino's clan) is because they all have a bloodline ablity or skills unique to their clan

4. just because jiraiya may have said "you remind me a lot of him", which is pretty damn vague btw, doesn't make him the 4th hokages son. hell he could have been talking of someone completly different.

as it is now i believe that the 4th is not naruto's father not because i think so so that means its fact, but because there is so much evidence that backs it up. now u may not agree with me but if you can come up with evidence to support your theory then i will glady admit i was wrong. i think im done here...

Katsiena
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:46 AM
Dont know if its been said in some other thread but IF infact the Kyubi is imortal then if the person its sealed in dies then it will be released so if the 4th had sealed it into himself when the death god killed the 4th the Kyubi would have been released and thus making the only thing the 4th did is killing himself so instead he sealed it into a baby, so when the 4th died the kyubi didnt go right back to destroying the village pointless if it had been don and he knew it

Danik
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:57 AM
I do believe the theory that the 4th and Naruto are father and son, otherwise where would you get a new born baby from? Do you just walk up to someones house and ask to borrow one for a couple of minutes?
In episode 2 Sarutobi clearly states that the 4th wanted everyone to see Naruto as a hero and that's why he sealed the Kyubi inside of him, plus the Kyubi has a great power that can be used by anyone (otherwise Itachi wouldn't be looking for Naruto), so it would make sence that the 4th would give that power to his son.

basey44
Sun, 08-15-2004, 03:22 AM
i say the 4th is narutos father but at this point in time it is impossible to determine because of lack of evidence, however did anyone think on the frog scroll why is the 4ths name unreadable? is it so we cant see what his last name is(UZUMAKI!!) or is it so people make many threads about this topic and kishimoto can sit back and laugh at us?

Deblas
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by: basey_69
i say the 4th is narutos father but at this point in <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56) it is impossible to determine because of lack of evidence, however did anyone think on the frog scroll why is the 4ths name unreadable? is it so we cant see what his last name is(UZUMAKI!!) or is it so <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56">people</a> (http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=56) make many threads about this topic and kishimoto can sit back and laugh at us?

What? they just didnt add it. it doesnt mean anything, your thinking to much

kuro
Tue, 08-24-2004, 06:24 PM
the 4th hokage is not naruto's father. there is absolutly NO imformation supporting this idea at all. if the 4th was his father why does everyone treat him as an outcast? it doesnt make sense. the hero of the village sacrifices himself and and his son to stop the demon and in return the villagers treat his the son of their revered hero...like shit. very probable. also in response to danik kyuubi's power cannot be used at will. this is demonstrated when naruto is thrown of the cliff by jiraiya and has to ask kyuubi for power. this also shows that while kyuubi is sealed inside of naruto he has plenty of control of his own chakra. also just because itachi and akatsuki are looking for naruto to try and use the demons power doesnt mean its posible for them to do so. im sure one of the strongest youma is gonna let a bunch of filthy humans play around with his chakra like a tinkertoy...

Shi_No_Shikaku
Wed, 08-25-2004, 12:34 AM
I like the tree thing

Hakeem_21
Wed, 08-25-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by: kuro
the 4th hokage is not naruto's father. there is absolutly NO imformation supporting this idea at all. if the 4th was his father why does everyone treat him as an outcast? it doesnt make sense. the hero of the village sacrifices himself and and his son to stop the demon and in return the villagers treat his the son of their revered hero...like shit. very probable. also in response to danik kyuubi's power cannot be used at will. this is demonstrated when naruto is thrown of the cliff by jiraiya and has to ask kyuubi for power. this also shows that while kyuubi is sealed inside of naruto he has plenty of control of his own chakra. also just because itachi and akatsuki are looking for naruto to try and use the demons power doesnt mean its posible for them to do so. im sure one of the strongest youma is gonna let a bunch of filthy humans play around with his chakra like a tinkertoy...

Well Kyubi doesnt have choice if Naruto want to work for Akatsuki cause as someone alredy said Naruto is blackmailing him.

Kybui must give Naruto his chakra or else there is a chance naruto would die in combat and he doesn want that.

Also i think kyubi would enjoy seeing Naruto become a bad guy and work and kill for Akatsuki,he would probaly say to Naruto "kill kill them all"

Inazuma Kami
Wed, 08-25-2004, 06:00 AM
A question .
In N°95-96 Isn't Kyuubi Dying with Naruto when Kabuto Tried to kill him ?

Hakeem_21
Wed, 08-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Yes he was, he was like "what is this darkness" before Tsunade brought Naruto and Kyubi back from the darkness.

Sanitarium
Fri, 08-27-2004, 12:36 AM
first off you are correct in saying that not all sealing jutsus require the user to die, however this particular sealing jutsu DOES require the user to die. the user(in this situation the 4th Hokage) makes a contract with shinigami(sp?) the death god. in return for the users soul(4th hokage) the death god seals up the target(in this case Kyuubi).

Right. But that's irrelevant to whether the 4th is INSIDE naruto. The Third didn't seal himself inside Orochimaru - he died. Just like the 4th would have done, if he did the same kind of seal. And we don't even know if he did do a seal involving the death god.

1. if naruto is the son of the hokage dont u think everyone would know him? and if this was a secret for whatever reason sont u think the 3rd or some other high ranking ppl that know the truth reveal it to the people?

I think they will indeed do that. But not yet. Equally, don't you think that they would talk about the 4th more? He's the guy who saved the village from the kyuubi, and sealed it into Naruto, so don't you think he's a bit more important than the rest?

Also, the 1st and 2nd get raised by Orochi. Why not the 4th? The 4th is obviously more powerful, because of what he did to the kyuubi, compared to the nothing that we know about the 1st and 2nd. I reckon it's because it would avoid having to mention the 4th til later...and we find out the truth.

2. you say he looks a lot like him so its his son. i think thats the worst reason you have. one example is hinata. she doesnt look like anyone in her family(blue hair?) obviously excusing the byakugan trait. hey hey could be jiraiya and tsunades son, hes got his spiky hair and tsunades hair color, why the hell not?

Umm, he looks IDENTICAL.

the reason why we have heard nothing of the Uzumaki clan is either a) the family name doesnt really exist and its just a name they came up for naruto

Then they probably would have said this near the start. Notice how they specifically avoid ever mentioning anything to do with his parents. At all. No pictures or anything. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

Especially when, for instance, Kakashi or whoever is talking about Sasuke's bloodline as a genius ninja. It would make sense for either Naruto to ask 'what about mine? have I got a good bloodline?' or for someone like Kakashi to just tell him. "your parents were geniuses" or "they were hard working geniuses".

But to say NOTHING about *the* main characters family - odd, odd, odd

(this btw can also be used to disprove the "4th hokage is naruto's father" theory b) the whole clan was killed during Kyuubi's attack(also highly improbable but u never know...)

Yeah..and Sasuke's clan was wiped out too. That didn't stop about 5 eps being devoted to a flashback about it, and Sasuke constantly mentioning his brother

and as to why you hear of all the "other clans" like hyuuga, uchiha, inuzuka(kiba's clan), akamichi(choji's clan), and the aburame(shino's clan) is because they all have a bloodline ablity or skills unique to their clan

That doesn't cut it, because I would equally expect them to talk about Naruto not having a bloodline. Naruto should have asked Kakashi about if he had a bloodline or not, when the big Sharingan thing was going down.

And you know what? Of course Naruto has a bloodline. He's the main character. I might be wrong, but I suspect that many eps in the future, he actually *does* find out he has a bloodline.

And besides, it's an anime. Lots of things don't make sense. Like how people can get hit by moves when the other guy takes 2 minutes to give a commentary on how he's doing it and taking a 100 metre run up. People MIGHT know him. I'd expect they'd still be pretty pissed at him for having the kyuubi in im, even if his own father died from it.

Also, why is his clan name never spoke of? Why does the anime not give any info about it, other than his name...Sasuke, Gaara...etc...they're all lesser important characters, and it goes into detail about their past and family.

4. just because jiraiya may have said "you remind me a lot of him", which is pretty damn vague btw, doesn't make him the 4th hokages son. hell he could have been talking of someone completly different.

I never said it made him the hokages son. It's just a VERY coincidental thing to say.

And I think you take it far too seriously. At the end of the day it's a kids cartoon. It's never gonna make perfect sense.

xiaoxue
Fri, 08-27-2004, 02:02 AM
hmmmm i think somehow Naruto n the 4th are related in one way or another.. cause 4th seems to express extreme love for naruto from his act
1) he sealed kyuubi into naruto so he can made use of kyuubi's chakura
2) from what the 3rd said, he wann the villager to think naruto as a hero
3) from what jiraya said "forgive me 4th" after he thrown naruto into the valley

nm i think i am crapping...

Mut
Fri, 08-27-2004, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by: Sanitarium
Right. But that's irrelevant to whether the 4th is INSIDE naruto. The Third didn't seal himself inside Orochimaru - he died. Just like the 4th would have done, if he did the same kind of seal. And we don't even know if he did do a seal involving the death god.
he did the same technique... but i'm guessing he just performed it in a different way. the 3rd talking about the death god and the 4th was a pretty much dead give away to tell us that it's the same technique.

Also, the 1st and 2nd get raised by Orochi. Why not the 4th? The 4th is obviously more powerful, because of what he did to the kyuubi, compared to the nothing that we know about the 1st and 2nd. I reckon it's because it would avoid having to mention the 4th til later...and we find out the truth.
the general assumption is that the 3rd coffin, which was prevented from opening, had the 4th inside of it.

Umm, he looks IDENTICAL.
gai and lee look pretty similar but that doesn't necessarily mean they're related...

Then they probably would have said this near the start. Notice how they specifically avoid ever mentioning anything to do with his parents. At all. No pictures or anything. Doesn't that strike you as odd?

Especially when, for instance, Kakashi or whoever is talking about Sasuke's bloodline as a genius ninja. It would make sense for either Naruto to ask 'what about mine? have I got a good bloodline?' or for someone like Kakashi to just tell him. "your parents were geniuses" or "they were hard working geniuses".

not everyone has to have a bloodline or a special passed down skill. look at kakashi. he has no bloodline and they never talk about his parents.

Yeah..and Sasuke's clan was wiped out too. That didn't stop about 5 eps being devoted to a flashback about it, and Sasuke constantly mentioning his brother
sasuke's past is something that can be revealed early in the series because he isn't the main character. the main character's background is suppose to be mysterious, no?

That doesn't cut it, because I would equally expect them to talk about Naruto not having a bloodline. Naruto should have asked Kakashi about if he had a bloodline or not, when the big Sharingan thing was going down.
read my thing about kakashi not having a bloodline.

And you know what? Of course Naruto has a bloodline. He's the main character. I might be wrong, but I suspect that many eps in the future, he actually *does* find out he has a bloodline.
yes, you are wrong. not everyone has to have a bloodline.

And besides, it's an anime. Lots of things don't make sense. Like how people can get hit by moves when the other guy takes 2 minutes to give a commentary on how he's doing it and taking a 100 metre run up. People MIGHT know him. I'd expect they'd still be pretty pissed at him for having the kyuubi in im, even if his own father died from it.

Also, why is his clan name never spoke of? Why does the anime not give any info about it, other than his name...Sasuke, Gaara...etc...they're all lesser important characters, and it goes into detail about their past and family.
that is why they can go into so much detail... what is the point of revealing everything about naruto? that completely ruins the storyline because we all know that naruto is gonna become the hokage. it's just a way of story telling.

anyway, i'm not disagreeing that the 4th is naruto's father. in fact, i think it's a huge possibility. i just think that you're representing your arguments with incredibly weak supports.

kuro
Sat, 08-28-2004, 12:20 AM

no first off your confused the 3rd was trying to seal oro in himself not the other way around and we do kno that this was the same jutsu the 4th used on kyuubi because the 3rd says so.

think they will indeed do that. But not yet. Equally, don't you think that they would talk about the 4th more? He's the guy who saved the village from the kyuubi, and sealed it into Naruto, so don't you think he's a bit more important than the rest?

again confusion talking about the 4th is irrelevent. the focus is on naruto and why they treat him so badly if hes the son of the 4th demon fox or not.

and the 4th was about to be raised by oro. watch the eps again. see the 3rd coffin thats the 4th. the only reason he wasnt summoned is because the 3rd stopped him.

Umm, he looks IDENTICAL.

again this idea is inherently flawed. just cause they look alike doesnt mean the 4th is narutos father. he could just as easily be her brother or cousin for all you know, but again if hes related to the 4th in anyway then why do the villagers still treat him like crap, completly pissing on the 4ths legacy it doesnt make sense.

or possibly no1 knows who his parents were and he was just an abandoned baby... not very probably but just as valid as some of the other crap floating around.

dude, wth are you talking about?

there was a flashback about sasuke's past because it was to help develop the current storyline.

hat doesn't cut it, because I would equally expect them to talk about Naruto not having a bloodline. Naruto should have asked Kakashi about if he had a bloodline or not, when the big Sharingan thing was going down.

i think mut@t@ pretty much answered this one

----

as far as the whole "the 4th is naruto's father" argument goes you have not said one thing that really props up the whole idea. ill give you the possibility that the 4th could be in some way related to naruto, but until i see some proof in the anime or manga or someone has an argument that makes sense ill think that they are unrelated.