PDA

View Full Version : Getting skip in Galaxy Railways

jross
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Okay, I made it to ep. 7 of Galaxy Railways, and then it started skipping like mad! It goes for ~ 10 seconds, then suddenly glitches, and starts again from a second before it ended.. 10 steps forward, pause, 1 step back, 10 steps forward... that sort of thing. It's recently happened with a few other animes downloaded.. help!

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Sat, 04-17-2004, 12:51 AM
My best guess is that either your computer doesnt have the updated codecs, video player, low system specs, or either that the file is courrupted or damaged.

Lego
Sat, 04-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Yeh, usually when it skips like that, either low ram, or low processor. Could also be codec to.

jross
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Well, it's really odd. I updated a couple of my codecs, which didn't help, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm using a 2.0 Ghz P4 w/ 512 ram (not blazing fast, but it should be sufficient). Eps 1-6 of Galaxy Railways played fine, but 7+ do the skip, and it's always at the same point. If I go back and try one of the other eps after I try one that skips, the earlier eps still work fine, so... *is pulling out hair*

njdevs95
Sat, 04-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Try getting the ffdshow or ffvshow filters, if that doesn't work then download vlc player and try that. Vlc is my failsafer media player, it has yet to let me down it plays anything I throw at it and even plays dvd's with no extra plugins. You can get it at www.videolan.org

jross
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:39 AM
I'll give VideoLan a whorl, then. I've been using BSplayer, which I've been (thus far) impressed with. I'll also try and updating the ffdshow filters, my set may be old.

Oh, odd thing.. I updated Xvid, and suddenly BSplayer wont open files >_< there are days I hate computers