PDA

View Full Version : Naruto art question

Noonan
Fri, 04-16-2004, 09:51 PM
There is a scene in the background of the current Intro video - from about 00:43 till 00:49

it's Sakura, Hinata, TenTen, Ino and Tsunade in kimonos sitting in what looks like a cherry blossom viewing type situation ....

If anyone finds a link to that art (clean without the fader layer or the stuff from the intro itself) please post it here - I'd like to turn it into a desktop.

lionheart1012000
Fri, 04-16-2004, 10:26 PM
wrong, thats not tsunade, thats kurenai...that or someone else, but im positive that its not tsunade.

originalkrn
Fri, 04-16-2004, 10:45 PM
damn sakura looks super pretty in that pic. Anyway, i dont think tahts tsunade either. She wouldn't be caught in that outfit. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

lionheart1012000
Fri, 04-16-2004, 10:49 PM
note the hair, it cant be tsunade. and i prefer hinata over sakura in that pic.

Noonan
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:39 PM
At any rate i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Whomever it is in the Picture - if someone finds a clean scan of it please post. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Elessar
Sat, 04-17-2004, 05:17 AM
Can't be Tsunade, because - as far as I can tell - they are all wearing a kimono type called "furisode" (the version with extra long sleeves). This is a type of kimono only worn by young, unmarried females.
Tsunade wouldn't wear a furisode anymore, a tomesode is more appropriate for her age. Even with her youth jutsu I refuse to believe that she puts herself down to an innocent 17 year old girl that's actively participating in the marriage market.

Apart from that, it's Kurenai anyway. And note that the way she wears the furisode (not tight with the large opening around the neck) is rather inchaste, even a bit slutty.

hopeknight
Sun, 04-18-2004, 11:14 AM
I'm working on turning it into a wallpaper right now. It'll have all the girls except for Kurenai due to dimension restraints. I'll post a link for you when I finish.

Oh, and I just joined the forums, this is my first post.

The Troublesome One
Sun, 04-18-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by: hopeknight
I'm working on turning it into a wallpaper right now. It'll have all the girls except for Kurenai due to dimension restraints. I'll post a link for you when I finish.

Oh, and I just joined the forums, this is my first post.

welcome to the board, be sure to post that wallpaper, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

hopeknight
Sun, 04-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Here is version 1... still in the early stages of work.

http://www.geocities.com/hope_knight/index10.html

I had to use Adobe After Effects to screen capture the scene from the intro, the I moved it to photoshop for cleanup.

I have all the frames from the 4th opening on my computer, so I can make wallpapers from anywhere in the intro. You guys can make requests if you want. In the meantime, I'll work on version 2 of this kimono wallpaper.

The Troublesome One
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:07 PM

I had to use Adobe After Effects to screen capture the scene from the intro, the I moved it to photoshop for cleanup.

I have all the frames from the 4th opening on my computer, so I can make wallpapers from anywhere in the intro. You guys can make requests if you want. In the meantime, I'll work on version 2 of this kimono wallpaper.

Looking good! Any chance of making a wallpaper out of the frame where Naruto is holding his purse and Jiraya in the background trying to hit on some lady, I think it is at 1:16 into the intro?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:11 PM

Cool, how do you clean the subtitles/credits???

Apart from that, it's Kurenai anyway. And note that the way she wears the furisode (not tight with the large opening around the neck) is rather inchaste, even a bit slutty.

As for Kurenai...she will *never* look slutty, she is the classiest woman on that show. Seems to me tha Asuma is as dense as Naruto in this field, so she is sorta trying to give him a hint...

hopeknight
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Jiraiya hitting on the girl... oh, there it is!

want any speacial effects or just the image set at wallpaper size? The image doesn't need any cleaning, so it'll only take me a few minutes to make if it's just a plain wallpaper.

Mut
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:49 PM
look at how stupid hinata looks. it makes me wanna punch her face.

hopeknight
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:57 PM
How I got rid of the subtitles?

That wasn't too hard. I took several screenshots of the sequence at different parts, layered them in photoshop, and erased the parts I didn't want on each layer. Since the subtitles and guys were in a different spot on each different screenshot, the other screenshots would fill the erased void of the other.

After I finished that, I flattened the layers into one image. I love photoshop.

After that I did some basic color adjustments so that the image wasn't so faded.

I'm right now working on cleaning the image to get rid of the blocky texture they placed over the image.

Version 2 should be done sometime today.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-18-2004, 02:12 PM
How I got rid of the subtitles?

That wasn't too hard. I took several screenshots of the sequence at different parts, layered them in photoshop, and erased the parts I didn't want on each layer. Since the subtitles and guys were in a different spot on each different screenshot, the other screenshots would fill the erased void of the other.

After I finished that, I flattened the layers into one image. I love photoshop.

After that I did some basic color adjustments so that the image wasn't so faded.

I'm right now working on cleaning the image to get rid of the blocky texture they placed over the image.

Version 2 should be done sometime today.

hey, thanks...layering is a good thing i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

hopeknight
Sun, 04-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Well, you asked for it. Here's 2 versions of the 'Jiraiya Hitting on Girl' Wallpaper.

http://www.geocities.com/hope_knight/index11.html

Now, back to work on the kimono wallpaper.

Arcane1
Sun, 04-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Well, you asked for it. Here's 2 versions of the 'Jiraiya Hitting on Girl' Wallpaper.

http://www.geocities.com/hope_knight/index11.html

Now, back to work on the kimono wallpaper.

Thats 2ed one made me burst out laughing.

hopeknight
Sun, 04-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Just added version 2 of the kimono wallpaper. It isn't as nice as I would like it, but the original image wasn't clear enough for me to get it perfect. Oh well, it'll at least keep us fanboys happy until a good scan of it comes out.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Just added version 2 of the kimono wallpaper. It isn't as nice as I would like it, but the original image wasn't clear enough for me to get it perfect. Oh well, it'll at least keep us fanboys happy until a good scan of it comes out.

Hey knight, great work. Just one thing: People here really don't like double posts.
If you want to add/change something to your previous post, just hit edit, first button in the right, and do it...

hopeknight
Sun, 04-18-2004, 04:05 PM
thanks, I just joined today. still figuring out how everything works. glad you liked the little bit of effort I put in.

The Troublesome One
Sun, 04-18-2004, 04:09 PM

Great work, thanks for the 'Jiraiya Hitting on Girl' wallpaper!

lasaire
Sun, 04-18-2004, 05:44 PM
First of all, it's DEFINATELY not Tsunade. Tsunade has blonde hair. Check the last opening, "Kanashimi wo Yasashisa Ni," there's a brief shot of the three nin as children, Jiraiya and Orochimaru are recognizable, and Tsunade is the little blonde girl with them.

Secondly, you're right about furisode only being a kimono for young, unmarried women, but there's no real indication that the kimono being worn by Kurenai, or the other girls for that matter, is a true furisode. Granted, there are several levels of formal furisode, which have varying sleeve lengths, but the most formal (and commonly portrayed) type of furisode has sleeves that reach to the ankles. The only sleeve that can be clearly seen is that of Tenten, and it's no longer than a normal kimono sleeve. Also, the patterns on their kimono, particularly on Sakura and Kurenai, are called "komon" kimono. Komon is an allover large pattern, like the cherry blossoms on Sakura's and the chrysanthemums on Kurenai's. It's not a real formal kimono, but many are quite pretty. Tenten's appears to be a "tsukesage" pattern, which has a pattern on the hem and on one sleeve, which is slightly more formal than a komon, but not nearly as formal as furisode.

Furisode and tomesode are similar to the tuxedo and tails, only for Japanese women. (Tomesode is for married women only, even though Tsunade is the correct age for it, she wouldn't likely wear it as she's unmarried.) It's the absolute most formal piece of clothing in a women's wardrobe. Less formal types of kimono can be worn both by married and unmarried women (as shown here) and have the same sleeve length. Mostly, the relative age of the wearer is shown by the pattern of the kimono. Young women wear brighter, more vibrant colors and patterns, while older women wear more sober colors with more subtle patterns.

One more note that I almost forgot: women's relative age can also be shown in the kind of bows they wear with their obi. Tenten and Hinata's obi are shown to be a fancier, more 'bow'-like shape (for lack of a better description) whereas Kurenai's is the round "taiko" drum bow of older women.