PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone Cry during a scene 1-78 of Naruto Anime?

ssjtaylan
Fri, 04-16-2004, 09:36 PM
because the question refers to certain parts of the anime... im not sure if this is considered a spoiler so i wont answer until i know its safe i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif could be troublesome if a mod found out ._.

SK
Fri, 04-16-2004, 10:02 PM
well...during the scene about Haku and Zabuza

Jeff_from_MD
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:04 PM
the scene where I found out Haku was really a guy.. *bwaaahhhhhh sniff*

oh yea, and the part where they made sakura cut her hair? man that had to be the most heart-wrenching scene in the whole show. I hate you scissor I will grow my hair out in protest!! wooot

oh yea I also cry every time they show an old replay.

ad4mz41
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Nope. Its hard to cry for cartoon characters.

WarkWark
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:13 PM
yeah, the scene between Haku and Zabuza, when he told naruto to stop talking already.. and then it started snowing and stuff.. meh, I am glad you guys don't know me IRL ;P

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:25 PM
I laughed so hard when Naruto did 1000 years of pain on Gaara, that I almost cried. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:25 PM
that scene when sasuke was gonna die (during haku fight) was some what sad. but not enough to make me cry.

Stoopider
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:01 AM
Yup. ALways at the ending. I cry because I have to wait for another week before the next Naruto episode comes out.

Kumiriko
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:01 AM
Close. the haku death was so sad

looks like most agree that the wave Countrey was one of the most deepressing.

gokudagreat
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:16 AM
For me its strange, cause i have motivation probs and such and i want to be really good but i never want to work hard or have the determination to do things, so in those great moments where Naruto displays his unbelievable determination and will to win, that actually makes me cry because i realize that i should try my best too

heh

frexeze
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:44 AM
not so much cry, but the haku/zabuza part got to me.. also when gai found out lee was unconscious.. and when neji was talking about how his dad died for konoha. i think what makes them more sad is the music

Assertn
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by: ad4mz41
Nope. Its hard to cry for cartoon characters.

well you might as well not cry for emotional events in movies....cause they're just actors

Nova
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:55 AM
I few scenes were really sad.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 04-17-2004, 02:26 AM
mainly the zabuza and haku seen, it was one of the saddest things ive ever seen, then after that the eps where sakura had to cut her hare to save the others, and after that the scene where lee was willing to fight wit gaara even though he weas unconsiouse those were the ones that made me shed a few tears

bitwar
Sat, 04-17-2004, 02:31 AM
Depends on my mood, because sometimes I do and sometimes I don't for scenes that I've seen multiple times, and it's not related to how many times I've seen it.

Sasuke's psudo-death was just well animated and acted.

Haku's death + Naruto's speech + Zabuza's tears + Zabuza going mad zombie with a kunai in his mouth + Zabuza's death = tear jerker.

Lee struggling with one-armed pushups after his massive injury.

I'm not one who gets teary eyed at every single "tear jerker" moment. But when it's characters that I've come to care about on that imaginary entertainment level, and when it's well acted (and well animated for animated things), yeah sometimes it gets me. Naruto is one of those great series that goes for the full impact of everything it dishes out from the "holy crap, that was kick-ass," moments to the instances of "have to wipe my eyes so I can read the damn subtitles." Interestingly enough (though not suprisingly), this rarely happens with dubs. I think the only time it did was towards the end of the Fatal Fury movie, as cheesey as the girl's acting was, Terry's reaction was right on the mark. And a few American movies have managed to do this (Ladyhawke and The Mighty are the only ones that come to mind).

ELiA
Sat, 04-17-2004, 03:17 AM
the haku-scene. Yeah, this doesn't happen a lot, suddenly I started to feel sad. While in this state of sadness, a few drops of a liquid substance, came out of my eyes. After that, I felt kind of relieved. Strange... This might be what other people refer to as 'crying'.

Lenas
Sat, 04-17-2004, 03:42 AM
Sasuke's near-death experience with Haku was pretty sad. Very well done scene, IMO.

Guybrush
Sat, 04-17-2004, 05:20 AM
the part where Sakura got beat by the sound ninjas and she cut her hair, made me drop a few tears too.

Elessar
Sat, 04-17-2004, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by: Jeff_from_MD
the scene where I found out Haku was really a guy.. *bwaaahhhhhh sniff*
He wears a narrow obi with a basic knot to his yukata. That clearly indicated he was a guy, right from the beginning on.

Terracosmo
Sat, 04-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Yes I did during episode 19 (or was it 18?) when Zabuza cries, dies beside Haku's side and it starts snowing.

You have to be a fucking machine to not be touched by that scene. An OST track has never been used better.

itachi_
Sat, 04-17-2004, 06:10 AM
It was emotionally, but I didn't actually cried.

ssjtaylan
Sat, 04-17-2004, 07:11 AM
lol glad this thread went well i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif yea i cried when zabuza said stop talking when haku was dieing >_< and maybe a little when naruto does his speeches i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Feannag
Sat, 04-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
I laughed so hard when Naruto did 1000 years of pain on Gaara, that I almost cried. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I laughed so hard when Shikimaru fought that sound woman in the Chunnin exams I cried.

That shit was just too funny.

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-17-2004, 08:16 AM
Haku dying, that made me laugh. Inner Sakura beating Ino's mind switch nearly made me cry, just because it was so pathetic.

ssjtaylan
Sat, 04-17-2004, 09:19 AM
lol i almost died when everyone was put to sleep with that spell during the 4th exam and when sakura went to dispell shikimaru he wasnt put to sleep he just went to sleep because the situation was too troublesome LoooooooooL

ELiA
Sat, 04-17-2004, 09:22 AM
crying because of images... does that make me sound unstable?

Kumiriko
Sat, 04-17-2004, 09:40 AM
I am glad alot of people can put aside any shame and admit they thought that part was one of the top tear jurkers. Refreshing to see.

ssjtaylan
Sat, 04-17-2004, 10:36 AM
whats wrong with crying about images after all everything is an image but its up to each person how he/she wants to be involved with that image as for myself i am very involved with anime as you may be with something else i am not

EpoC
Sat, 04-17-2004, 11:08 AM
An anime that can touch you emotionly is a good anime, and Naruto is good.
though I don't cry I get emotionly touched.

Aegis Runestone
Sat, 04-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
well...during the scene about Haku and Zabuza

Same here. That scene still makes me cry, its so beautiful

ELiA
Sat, 04-17-2004, 11:52 AM
I know it's not wrong to cry, but I think it was sick of me to cry during naruto (though I was alone and nobody knows about it, except for you, who live on another continent).

When my grandfather died, 13 years ago (i was 5 or so), I didn't cry. Maybe I was too young or so.
Anyone experianced something like this?

NM
Sat, 04-17-2004, 12:48 PM
In the first episode where Naruto was on the swing and everyone else's parents showed up to congratulate their kids for graduating to Genins made me cry. I admit it, I cried.

ELiA
Sat, 04-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Okay, so we all cried during naruto, now we can all hold hands and chant naruto's opening songs, thanks to anbu/aone's karaoke subbing.

Kumiriko
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by: ELiA
I know it's not wrong to cry, but I think it was sick of me to cry during naruto (though I was alone and nobody knows about it, except for you, who live on another continent).

When my grandfather died, 13 years ago (i was 5 or so), I didn't cry. Maybe I was too young or so.
Anyone experianced something like this?

My brother in law just died recently. he had alot of young young Nefews and neaces. they were so innocent and were not sad at all. it was soo creepy but i belive i was the same way when my granpa died when i was really really young

ELiA
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:05 PM
I guess it's normal then. Maybe it was beause we didn't know the meaning of death at that stage.

Anbu Hatake Kakashi
Sat, 04-17-2004, 02:13 PM
i started crying when naruto did 1000 years of pain on garra hahah and he exploded... i was crying all day of laughter

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 04-17-2004, 03:51 PM
THis show has soo much raw emotional attributes that it is hard not to feel for the characters...especially when each of them come from a such hard beginnings. This show makes me feel bad for the bad guys...and i fucking love it.

i/expressions/devil.gif

LostAngel
Sat, 04-17-2004, 03:58 PM
I think that zabuza and haku where the most emotional, but when I saw Lee trying desperately to over come his injuries doing pushups and stuff that was pretty sad too. Even though he looks weird he is still one of my favorite characters.

Krbadass
Sat, 04-17-2004, 04:15 PM
repeat thread.