PDA

View Full Version : The OTHER 9 genins

JusDaMan
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Ok the "new nine" are hinata, shino, kiba, shikamaru, choji, ino, sasuke, sakura, and naruto

Would u think that they will show/make the old genin 9? So far we met 3 of the 9
Neji, rock lee,ten ten. I wonder who are the other 6 =) Or they can just be some non signifigant people since they didn't make it through chuunin OR they were strong enough to be chuunin making neji, ten ten and rock lee the weakest of the 9.

Lee Rock
Fri, 04-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Well, there's no set rule that 9 academy students are going to be promoted to genin each year. Naruto would have failed had it not been for learning the Kage Bushin. Maybe that year only three people passed the test.

Or it could just be that the other graduates that year are just insignificant. I doubt they would be anywhere near chuunin strength. When the rookiee 9 went out for their exam a big deal was made of how young they were, and I doubt that would be the case if other genin teams went out for it at age 13 the year before. Plus we didn't see any other Konoha genins do much to distingush themselves in the exam, so I'd infer that any other genins from the Neji-Lee-TenTen year were either a) too weak to take the exam in their second year as being a shinobi or b) did take it and did so poorly they showed that they didn't beong their in the first place.

Plus, Konoha's a big village, maybe they just live on the other side of town?

primalspas
Fri, 04-16-2004, 05:29 PM
actually if you remember in the first couple chapters, kakashi said that only 9 genins get to pass to actual genins and the rest get sent back to academy. If you remember everyone in naruto's class passed out of the academy and the three best teams pass to actual genins.

Mut
Fri, 04-16-2004, 05:48 PM
every genin who is not present right now in this arc should be eliminated forever (hinata, tenten, shino, whoever).

Naruto_-_Kun
Fri, 04-16-2004, 07:29 PM
mut u r so cruel lol..although i can see a phasing out of characters like hinata out of the series lol

Rock_Lee-
Fri, 04-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by: Naruto_-_Kun
mut u r so cruel lol..although i can see a phasing out of characters like hinata out of the series lol

You can't phase Hinata out. Who would then be the 3rd person in the Naruto-Sakura-Hinata love triangle? Hinata loves Naruto loves Sakura. Besides, I think we all know Naruto will end up with Hinata, making her a stronger person.

0wnt

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 04-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by: Rock_Lee-

You can't phase Hinata out. Who would then be the 3rd person in the Naruto-Sakura-Hinata love triangle? Hinata loves Naruto loves Sakura. Besides, I think we all know Naruto will end up with Hinata, making her a stronger person.

0wnt

Hinata is one of my favorite characters because she IS valuable and gets some of the best development of all the Genin. I love the fact that SHE was the first to acknowledge Naruto, not Iruka. For some reason, that makes her that much more powerful as a character.

Phasing her out would take away one of the reasons I love Naruto so much: some of the characters DO get incredible development.

hiten mitsurugi
Mon, 04-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
Ok the "new nine" are hinata, shino, kiba, shikamaru, choji, ino, sasuke, sakura, and naruto

Would u think that they will show/make the old genin 9? So far we met 3 of the 9
Neji, rock lee,ten ten. I wonder who are the other 6 =) Or they can just be some non signifigant people since they didn't make it through chuunin OR they were strong enough to be chuunin making neji, ten ten and rock lee the weakest of the 9.

Neji and Rock Lee weakest of the nine? Are you crazy? Shino hasn't been done enough justice.

I know, Shino's mission was to go to the Sand and ask for support to help the genin team. That's how Gaara, Temari and the doll guy found the team so quickly.

Automaton
Mon, 04-19-2004, 09:53 PM
If it's a love triangle doesn't that mean Sakura then loves Hinata?

For the missing 6, there are many possibilities, they could've taken one of the two exams Gai's team missed, but more likely, they are just weak and aren't even ready for the exam, probably sent back to the Academy, either way, their not as powerful as the 11 genins and Shikamaru, becuase Lee said the strongest genin is Neji, so obviously the others aren't worthy enemies.

Raven
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Maybe the other 6 all got burned in the huge gennin fire of '88.

Anyway, when the current rookie 9 were nominated for the exam, Iruka was sure that none of them were ready. Maybe the other 6's senseis were more sensible and kept them out of the exam till later.

AnimeEd
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by: Automaton

If it's a love triangle doesn't that mean Sakura then loves Hinata?

no

with your logic, there would always be a gay person in a love triangle

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:24 AM
if the triangle in "love triangle" refers to the instrument, then that is a triangle that is split at one corner, thus not making it complete loop i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mut
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
if the triangle in "love triangle" refers to the instrument, then that is a triangle that is split at one corner, thus not making it complete loop i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

speaking of triangles (instrument)... did anyone see the simpsons last night? it was so funny when ralph was like: "look at what they did to my triangle i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif *hold up triangle bent into a square*"

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAHHA too funny.

sorry for being OT.

AkimichiChouji
Tue, 04-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

speaking of triangles (instrument)... did anyone see the simpsons last night? it was so funny when ralph was like: "look at what they did to my triangle i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif *hold up triangle bent into a square*"

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAHHA too funny.

sorry for being OT.

Lol that was freaking hilarious

"the doctor says my nose would stop bleeding if i just kept my finger out of there"

Jman
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:38 PM

i don't mind if there's some downsizing, if hinata get's cut, i hope sakura disappears as well. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Boogster
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster

i don't mind if there's some downsizing, if hinata get's cut, i hope sakura disappears as well. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

It would be a shame if Sakura got cut now. She's been such a useless character - there's got to be some redeeming factor underneath the plainness.

ComeComeParadise
Wed, 04-21-2004, 12:42 AM
She grows boobs like Tsunade and that will be her only redeeming quality. I hear that's what the next sub-arc will be.

Lithonite
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:10 PM
shino, is too strong to be phased out his strength actually has been proven- he avoided the genjutsu putting everyone but Shikimaru, Sakura, and Sasuke asleep. The further by wthout order going to suport his village, and following Sasuke to support him. In terms of over talent and well rounded character , he is second only to Sasuske. yes Naruto has more raw power, and Shikimaru is a super genious. but interms of being a well rounded character in abuility and strength shino follows Sasuke our of the rookie 9. He wont get phased out completely but becasue he has an active relationship with his father( the only one, it seems like most of the families in this series a bit disfunctional..maybe its jsut me and my american ideals ) it has been somewhat established that he will be around but not have a super strong presence in the series.

Destroyor
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:18 PM
So NOBODY here play sexy beach before???? You can't elimate the cute cute girl and the flat-chest plain everyday less-then-average girl! You need them!!!!! YOU DO NEED THEM!!!!

Sexy beach 3 Come Come Naruto Paradise Version OoO.

*nosebleed burst out like a fountain.

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH!

O k k k k k k .... weirdo and pervert alert!

I think I should stop now. :lol: