PDA

View Full Version : Possiable new Offical Naruto Art!

The Troublesome One
Fri, 04-16-2004, 06:30 AM
It was taken from a recent Naruto book, looks as though there might be a time leap coming!

http://www.pcpages.com/danielg/1082035805729.jpg

If the link doesn't work, just copy and paste the URL into the address bar and it should work.

itachi_
Fri, 04-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Bad link...

Zansatsu
Fri, 04-16-2004, 06:46 AM
Oh god... What's with the Kankurou-style make-up?

Aegeon
Fri, 04-16-2004, 07:42 AM
I love all these wierd costumes...

Elessar
Fri, 04-16-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by: Zansatsu
Oh god... What's with the Kankurou-style make-up?

Kankurou uses kabuki make-up [kabuki is one form of traditional japanese theater].
Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke wear traditional clothes of kabuki players iirc, though I can't remember who is who. Therefor them wearing kabuki make up is only normal.

RaZzy
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:04 PM
time leap? ... they still look somewhat the same age...

but the paintings on naruto's face and his clothing looks somewhat like Jiraiya
Sasuke looks a bit Oro-evil
And sakura looks a bit like tsunade, only the big boobs are missing i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

raijin
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:25 PM
This is an "official" picture/poster released in the Naruto Official Animation Book. If I remember correctly, the book covers anime episodes 1-37 and also includes other colored anime pictures. You can purchase the book at AkibaOtaku (http://www.akibaotaku.com/product.php?prod=2401).

I think it's just one of Kishimoto's random conceptual artworks.

Stoopider
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Damn. Sakura didn't become 'Huge'

However they all look like the 3 Sannin's. Definitely Conceptual Art. I think it's just a play with the 3 gennins and the 3 sannins.

PSJ
Fri, 04-16-2004, 04:29 PM
they look at most 2 or 3 years older, i think its just some random art

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 04-17-2004, 02:11 AM
^ i was thinking the same thing ^ but that kinda doesnt look like naruto, and sasuke looks like he was an animated version of the crow, well atleast he does to me

jing
Sat, 04-17-2004, 06:18 PM
its a real image
i have the book.

sangai
Sat, 04-17-2004, 06:34 PM
well then what is it for.

the image is weird. sasuke looks more like a samurai. and whats with the tear.

naruto looks well not like naruto with that face art.

anyone notice the gigantic ass pipe on naruto's back i wonder what he is smokin

itachi_
Sat, 04-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Why is sasgay wearing a woman kimono, that's one among many gay things he do :/

InnerSakuraChan
Sat, 04-17-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by: itachi_

no need to be stupid.
I don't know where you got the idea that it was a womens kimono. from the colors perhaps? purple is traditionally reserved for the highest class of people, and the also sudgests undying love. Also, the blue tear is important, as blue kabuki makeup sudgests melanchloy, and also composure.
I think you will all agree that those characteristics can be seen in Sasuke.
the lengh the of the kimono is definatly male, as only female kimono go all the way to the floor. also, his kimono has no obi ( as far as i can see), and is secured with a cord, which is the way men's kimono are tied. for those of you who don't know, an obi is a basicly a big peice of fabric that is wrapped from right below the breastbone to below the navel, though it depends on who is wearing it. you can see in the picture, that Sakura has an obi. ( sort of).

and in case you were wondering:

for the colors of sakura's kimono-ish thing: reds are sensual, and were once worn only by the samurai class.

naruto's face makeup is what the heros in kabuki wear.

see, every one gets to learn about kimono and kabuki today!!

Awsome picture.

Elessar
Sat, 04-17-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm glad someone with more kabuki knowledge than I have appeared i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Now I'm not alone anymore.

bitwar
Sun, 04-18-2004, 12:01 AM
Heh, great picture, and I have to go with the random art "theory." I mean c'mon, where're the forehead protectors? That aside, I like Sakura and Naruto's costumes, not so sure about Sasuke's. Wish I could see it from the front. The kabuki paint on Naruto's face is great. Made me remember his picture at the beginning of the series.

Everon
Sun, 04-18-2004, 03:17 AM
Hmm. Sasuke doesn't really look like Sasuke. I think they made him look much more mature than he should be. (or maybe Sasuke had a bigger time warp than the rest of them)

Mut
Sun, 04-18-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by: InnerSakuraChan

Originally posted by: itachi_

no need to be stupid.
I don't know where you got the idea that it was a womens kimono. from the colors perhaps? purple is traditionally reserved for the highest class of people, and the also sudgests undying love. Also, the blue tear is important, as blue kabuki makeup sudgests melanchloy, and also composure.
I think you will all agree that those characteristics can be seen in Sasuke.
the lengh the of the kimono is definatly male, as only female kimono go all the way to the floor. also, his kimono has no obi ( as far as i can see), and is secured with a cord, which is the way men's kimono are tied. for those of you who don't know, an obi is a basicly a big peice of fabric that is wrapped from right below the breastbone to below the navel, though it depends on who is wearing it. you can see in the picture, that Sakura has an obi. ( sort of).

and in case you were wondering:

for the colors of sakura's kimono-ish thing: reds are sensual, and were once worn only by the samurai class.

naruto's face makeup is what the heros in kabuki wear.

see, every one gets to learn about kimono and kabuki today!!

Awsome picture.

hahahahahaha you got told...owned.

itachi_
Sun, 04-18-2004, 05:35 AM
It's looks like a woman kimono if you overseeing the shoes and the thing he wear on his shoulder, also the color, err? men didn't wore blue/white with little signs on them? comon it look really feminim, like black, brown, grey were the common colors

Toruxxx
Sun, 04-18-2004, 07:10 AM
man i cant see it sux i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif any got a pic i can see or a gd link thx.

itachi_
Sun, 04-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Yeah everyone who has problems viewing that pic, I've uploaded it at gs17 (clanpage)

Naruto Picture (http://www.gs17.com/upload/hitokiri_battousai/1082035805729.jpg)

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif or you just could copy that url and paste it in the adress spalt

Toruxxx
Sun, 04-18-2004, 09:12 AM
ah thats cool pic thx itachi_ for uploading it ^_^

jing
Sun, 04-18-2004, 12:11 PM
kishimoto or whoever was having some fun, it doesn't have to happen just to let you know.

lasaire
Sun, 04-18-2004, 05:24 PM
First of all, this is not a new image, but one that has been around for almost a year. And yes, it's just conceptual art; there's a similar picture of the genin three in punkish modern clothing.

Secondly, about Sasuke's clothes: It looks to me like he may be wearing a modified monk's garb. His fuller sleeves look more triangular like monk's sleeves than normal rectangle shaped kimono sleeves, and the purplish drape around his shoulder, while not exactly like a monk's cloth, may be a reference to that. Also, the large diamond shapes are derivative of traditional 'mon' crests that are associated with a certain temple.

Winged Dancer
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Whoa, Naruto looks.... weird. Very. I love Sasuke and Sakura's styles, but Naruto looks like a bad mix between the 3rd and Jiraiya.

Boogster
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:18 PM
I don't like any of them. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Gatekeeperrag
Tue, 04-20-2004, 10:27 PM
howdy, n00b-age here, just checking things out, also wondering if i coded my sig right, but probably not. anyway, yea, interesting pictures.

hornetmike
Tue, 04-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Hey, cool pics. but little naruto and that huge ass pipe is just wrong. i don't care what the culture is. Look like gamabunta is having a bad influence on him. i wonder if he's gonna become a pervert!

Gatekeeperrag
Tue, 04-20-2004, 10:34 PM
retry, sorry for waisting time -.-