PDA

View Full Version : What is some good anime to watch??

ThePope
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Im just wondering if anyone knows some other good anime to watch (besides Naruto)?

AkimichiChouji
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:09 PM
There are many Anime's on the internet...so many genres etc

1.kenshin
2.Evangelion
3.Full Metal Alchemist
4.Cowboy Bebop
5.Trigun
6.Nadesico
7.Love Hina
8.To Heart
9.Key The Metal Idol
10. Ninja Scroll
11.DBZ/GT/Ball
12.Naruto <--watch it again

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:35 PM
It depends on what sort of anime you watch...I dunno what sort of stuff to compare Naruto with as I don't like it...

Anyway, best anime series (not including films) I've seen include Hellsing, GitS:SAC, Pet Shop of Horrors OVA...and I think thats it! I've seen other animes but none of the others (or at least the ones I've heard of) compare to the three I mentioned...from the 6 episodes I saw Vampire Princess Miyu was quite good...though many people would probably not like that as it isn't exactly fast paced...very weird though i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I've seen the first two episodes of X which have both been really cool so far...they're damn ogm files though so I'm gonna wait till I've got a few more then I'll stick them on DVD with the japanese speech and english subs (none of my programs seem to be able to do anything other than play the dubbed sound until I encode it ready for a DVD...which takes a fair amount of time).

I'm downloading like 10gb's worth of anime now so when all that has finally been downloaded I might be able to recommend some more...

XwingRob
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:46 PM
One Piece is pretty good.

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 04-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Scrapped Princess is my all time favorite anime series. Wonderful characters and plot, easy to get off bit torrent.

Fullmetal Alchemist is another great, and right now looks to surpass Scrapped Princess if it continues on it's current path.

If you don't mind buying, definitely pick up LaxtEXILE. It's an incredible series.

And I must second One Piece. Although it took a while for it to grow on me, I'm really starting to see why it's such a popular series in Japan.

AkimichiChouji
Thu, 04-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Oh theres others like

Macross
Macross Plus
Macross 7
Macross Zero
Gundam
Gundam Wing
DNA^2 <--on of my fav's

Munsu
Thu, 04-15-2004, 04:12 PM
I dont want to make a list at the moment... but here are a couple that I think you should watch before anything else, some have been mentioned here before:

Hunter X Hunter
One Piece
Full Metal Alchemist
Trigun
Condor Hero

You should tell us what you like (action, comedy, drama, sports) so I can make better recommendations...

All of them should be fairly easy to get

Gods_Son
Thu, 04-15-2004, 04:53 PM
There's already a thread with some suggstions, try this link (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=8969&enterthread= y)

Knives122
Thu, 04-15-2004, 05:10 PM
watch the movie Macross Plus its incredibly good

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122

I'm just in the process of watching it myself - I bought it like a year ago the OAV plus the movie but I've only just thought about watching it...its ok but I seriously want to punch the main character repeatedly in the face...he's that annoying!! Shame he's an animated character i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. I've still got to watch episodes 3 and 4 though - it is good but when there is a really unlikable character it puts me off the anime a little bit...

Is it true that the movie is just an edited version of the OVA?

itachi_
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Kenshin OVA, Gungrave.

AkimichiChouji
Thu, 04-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul

Originally posted by: Knives122

I'm just in the process of watching it myself - I bought it like a year ago the OAV plus the movie but I've only just thought about watching it...its ok but I seriously want to punch the main character repeatedly in the face...he's that annoying!! Shame he's an animated character i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. I've still got to watch episodes 3 and 4 though - it is good but when there is a really unlikable character it puts me off the anime a little bit...

Is it true that the movie is just an edited version of the OVA?

Yes its true combine all 4 episodes together and add about 10min of extra footage and you have the movie, the movie makes it go together really nicely, but some scenes you see in the 4 eps you won't see in the movie as well, which makes it worth while getting both!

Oddbot
Thu, 04-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Mot of my favorite animeshave been mentioned already but heres some great shows that haven't been...

Now and Then, Here and There
Berserk
GTO
Excel Saga
Escaflowne(TV only, the movie sucked)
Gasaraki
Rune Soldier
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Boogiepop Phantom
Haibane Renmei
Voices of a Distant Star

Lego
Fri, 04-16-2004, 09:34 AM
I still reccomend Sci-Fi Harry if you can get your hands on it. The only version i know of, besides the R2's i have is a HK dvd version with R2 rips and semi ok subs.

I wish a group would pick this up, isnce it hasn't been licensed in the US. Well it has, but seems the company went bye bye.

Its done by the same people that did heat guy j

r3n
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:23 AM
id recommend:

naruto (if you're not already)
gungrave (26eps)
hunterxhunter (all 64 eps + 3 OVAs)
GITS: SAC (1st & 2nd series, both 26 eps, + GITS movie)
berserk (26 eps)
cowboy bebop (movie + 26 eps)
one piece
scrapped princess (26 eps)

those are probably my favourite anime, then got movies like akira, ninja scroll etc.

woops, almost forgot trigun, thats gr8 too i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

AkimichiChouji
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Has anyone seen Maze? I was wondering if it would be worth me purcashing?

ssjtaylan
Sat, 04-17-2004, 09:18 PM
hey hey hey why didnt noone mention pokemon i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 04-17-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by: AkimichiChouji
Yes its true combine all 4 episodes together and add about 10min of extra footage and you have the movie, the movie makes it go together really nicely, but some scenes you see in the 4 eps you won't see in the movie as well, which makes it worth while getting both!

Lucky for me they came in the same boxset i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. (fortunately it was just the price of one dvd - if it had been the price of two i'd be well annoyed that they were basically the same thing!)

I still need to watch parts 3 and 4...

Is Macross Zero (or whatever its called) very similar to Plus? Are the same characters in it? (*hopes not*) i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

hikaru004
Sat, 04-17-2004, 11:25 PM
There are so many different types.

So here's some more suggestions..

1. Rahxephon
2. Haibane Renmei
3. Monster
4. Midori no Hibi
5. Phantom the Animation
6. Konomini
7. Petit Cossette
8. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
9. Comic Party/Comic Party Revolution
10. Hellsing
11. Macross Zero
12. Bakuretsu Tenshi
13. Paranoia Agent
14. Tweeney Witches
15. Studio 4C comedy
16. Argentosoma

AkimichiChouji
Sun, 04-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by: Swallow Your Soul

Originally posted by: AkimichiChouji

Lucky for me they came in the same boxset i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. (fortunately it was just the price of one dvd - if it had been the price of two i'd be well annoyed that they were basically the same thing!)

I still need to watch parts 3 and 4...

Is Macross Zero (or whatever its called) very similar to Plus? Are the same characters in it? (*hopes not*) i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Im not sure i havent been able to get them yet. But i am sure they should be good, i love the scene in macross plus where they play information high in the background