PDA

View Full Version : Official Episode 79 Discussion! **SPOILERS**

lasaire
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:15 AM
Another week, another Naruto. Discuss away!

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:43 AM
finally another good episode, konohamaru scenes could have been left out overall it followed the manga nicely can't wait for 80 now finally the anime is getting interesting

itachi_
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:47 AM
This is one of the top5 episode, finally they ended the hokage battle, it was emotionally.

AkimichiChouji
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Great episode, i would have thought that Naruto would use Ninetails for more then one sequence...Oh well, I think the Konohamaru scene was needed as a filler, but to add a little bit more to the storyline...i thought it helped out...then again Konohamaru and crew are always afraid of something..

Can't wait for episode 80...its going to be Epic!

Beautiful Green Beast
Thu, 04-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Hey guys, im dling the RAW version from WGR or whatever! since 2 reasons:
1. Now when ive seen 78 episodes subbed, i want to see what japanese ive learned i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
2. Ive already red the manga so it doesnt madder...

Kakashi-Senpai
Thu, 04-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Sweeti/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif! I simply love this anime.

*****SPOILER*******
I love the part where the hokage talks about the konoha spirt and all the jonnins start to appear. (Suddenly laughs) Now orochimaru is so dead, his arms "souls" are gone! See the way his arms slopped down, hahahah. I reminds me of a big gorilla. LOL. (Sways me arms left to right).

Toruxxx
Thu, 04-15-2004, 09:30 AM
I CANT FIND IT!! HELP! plz ^_^

EDIT: ok fount it but wont dl silly thing dun think no one is seeding it sux i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
o and does any one know is the group Shin otaku do a gd job?

EpoC
Thu, 04-15-2004, 09:36 AM
good episode! And finaly the boring part of the hokage battle ended.

Koyuki
Thu, 04-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Really good episode. Now the usual Nartuo eps will be back. It's more funnier i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
It was great how the battle ended. Wonder what will happen to Orochimaru

NL|MegaMika
Thu, 04-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto # 1
Really good episode. Now the usual Nartuo eps will be back. It's more funnier i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

He'll start training making seals with his feet : P

.akai
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by: NL|MegaMika

Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto # 1

He'll start training making seals with his feet : P

I thought of that too. LOL
I think 79 is a good episode... and finally they decided to end the struggle between orochi and 3rd. That is good news.

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:15 AM
i kinda wished they did more with the retaliation of all the konoha ninjas though......it seemed kinda rushed

itachi_
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:25 AM
It's good to see Anko again *drools* i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
......stupid gimpy forum making me double post i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I am feeling less alone, now... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
huh, few hours for me now... can't wait to see the Konoha jounins kicking ass... guess I have to wait 6 more hours to quench my blood-thrist...

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:34 AM
lol....yeah.....it happens to all of us

is it just me......or....was there a solid 4 or so minutes of no music at all? there's a few things that the studio did for this ep that feels a little awkward for me, like the transition of oro's face from being a pissed off yelling old one to a content young one when sarutobi died and how they made a big deal about naruto summoning the kyubi powers (which in itself seemed strangely power-rangers-esque) and then leapt up to gaara just to get caught and had to headbutt
this is definitely a wrap-up episode, but i really liked the way the music built up the part where oro's arms were about to be sealed

CUE
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Ah, good episode. Great to see all those Jounin kicking ass.

The problem is I downloaded the BakaSan version, and it was horribly translated. There were spelling errors, grammical errors.. and incorrect in a lot of spots. I know they translated the thing in like, less than a day, but still...

RockLee
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:48 AM
whO is the purple hair lady anbu!?

and who is Gekkou Hayate?!

i saw her having the sword behind her...

is the person died.. the guy who over heard what sand and sound is talking about...
then was killed by them.... quite related... because the guy uses moonlight sword technique...
then i saw the grave there got two words which i interpret in chinese call " Yue Guang" a.k.a mOon light...

Mut
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:54 AM
hayate is the cougher.

RockLee
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:56 AM
omg!! the cougher's stead so pretty! omg!!!!!! LOL

Man0warr
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Gekkou Hayate was the examiner of the prelim's, he was killed by the sand guy when he caught him and kabuto talking about destroying the leaf, I guess the ANBU lady was his wife/girlfriend/sister

Cloud 9
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:02 PM
I really liked this one. I'd place it in one of my favorite episodes in the series. I agree that the retaliation seemed rushed, but I think it was still very nice. The thing with Hiashi was rather entertaining.

itachi_
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Sasuke must feel really weak right now, just sitting there watching how strong Naruto has become. :/

cccorp
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:11 PM
I don't think she can see i havn't seen her eyes open since she got stuck there.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by: RockLee
whO is the purple hair lady anbu!?

and who is Gekkou Hayate?!

i saw her having the sword behind her...

is the person died.. the guy who over heard what sand and sound is talking about...
then was killed by them.... quite related... because the guy uses moonlight sword technique...
then i saw the grave there got two words which i interpret in chinese call " Yue Guang" a.k.a mOon light...

Hayate was the judge in the Chunnin exam's preliminaries.
He got killed by Baki, a Sand Ninja, the guy with half of his face covered, who was the sensei of Gaara, and his siblings.
Hayate overheard Baki and Kabuto, the ungrateful jerkish insuferable spy conspiring and was discovered. He tried his Cresent moon sword trick but got slammered by some sort of wind jutsu of Baki. Gone with the wind, literally.
Not very far from there, Dosu was also buried by Gaara, I belive, in the same night.
What do we learn from that? Don't walk on Konoha's roofs at night.
And the gal was the Anbu who found his body... for what I could assume, she might have been his gf or sumptin.
For more info, report to the Naruto fanbook, if you can get hold of it, that is.i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

AkimichiChouji
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Well that solves that one then!

Neotracker
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Who do you think will be the next Hokage???

(Of course I and all the other manga readers already knows, but I think the thoughts of non manga readers could be intresting)

RockLee
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:29 PM
DOn't say this Out....

we want to get excitment... i was thinking to ask u guys too... but i want to keep this excitment for another week!!!!

hahaha...

Neotracker
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:49 PM
I wont spoil it, I just wanna know what you guys, who donīt know it thinks.

gokudagreat
Thu, 04-15-2004, 02:22 PM
This episode is especially cool cause it proves that in episode 78 naruto was using his own chakra to create those mass kage bunshins and he summoned gamabunta with his normal, blue chakra making him extremely powerful.

PoDy
Thu, 04-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Great episode, only one thing that i did not like and thats the scene where gamabunta says that both he and naruto is out of chakara. Wich is really weird. Gamabunta shuld have alot chakara right? but he was all out of chakara after only a few jumps and swings with the sword. o.O

Edit: after thinking about this a short while i rememberd Jiraya summoning gamabunta b4 and i can find any other explaiation. So my guess is that gamabunta used up almost all of his chakara inside konohana, defeating enemys there.

sangai
Thu, 04-15-2004, 02:35 PM
jiraiya did not summon gamabunta inside of konoha that was a different frog.

second. gama bunta's chakra is really based on how much chakra is given to him by naruto. summoning him takes alot of chakra and so there is only so much left.

second gamabunta to some heavy blows. and was doing alot of jumping. that would drain him pretty fast.

moo-san
Thu, 04-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Ok

First of all, I have not read the manga-so I did not know I had posted a spoiler (soz)

I was just using the opening credits (obviously they show enough for any half brained fool to guess who the next hokage is)

finally- sangai sakusei - it's not " wan't " i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif (presuming my post made no sense-as your first language isn't english? j/k. My first post didn't make much sense (due to myself not knowing the names))

sangai
Thu, 04-15-2004, 03:02 PM
uhh yeah jiraiya gave naruto the scroll to summon toads and with his help learned how to summon.

first.
your post made absolutly no sense i had to go through it like 3 times.

second. you will wan't to remove your edit. it contains spoilers.

This episode is especially cool cause it proves that in episode 78 naruto was using his own chakra to create those mass kage bunshins and he summoned gamabunta with his normal, blue chakra making him extremely powerful.

he did not use his own chakra to summon gama bunta. he had already used all his regular chakra to kage bunshin so many clones. and then when the sand is covering him. you don't see his chakra but its is kyuubi's chakra that he use's to summon him. at the moment there is no other way for naruto to summon gama bunta with his basic chakra the best he can do with his own chakra is gama kichi.

?igma
Thu, 04-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by: moo-san
I think its the guy who taught Naruto to summon the toads (hint in the opening ?-with him on the giant one?)
Dunno-not really an expert-love the show-but rubbish with names (I know hes an 'old' one anyway?)
anyway-thats my 2 cents-obviously-no telling if its right or wrong-just wait and see =)
Bring on 80......

Edit-having just posted-checked the opening-and if u look closely-at the snake dude (oorchinn...) his arms are dangling-soooooooo, and obviously the pervert is on the giant toad- (not necessarily fighting each other) but kinda shows the big good vs big bad...

first of all i didnt get a word you just tried to say.........
second, I think theyll bomb some elder to be Hokage i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif or Kakashi, just cuzz ..I dont know..he reads filthy magazines i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
third: Naruto PWNS alot of people currently, I mean look at the facts, Kakashi send out "kids" to bang the supposed youngster, who is actually a big fucking freak, and he destroys(?) it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

loved the ep

and i am soooo in love with the ending theme.

SK
Thu, 04-15-2004, 03:32 PM
That ep was awesome, but im not sure Orochimaru (sp?) is dont yet since in the opening it shows him on his snakes and Naruto on his frog and they look like theyre about to fight. Maybe that was just for effect though who knows. Hmmm, next hokage...I really dont know who it should be lol.

Mut
Thu, 04-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by: gokudagreat

dude, didn't i already explain this? naruto used up all of his chakra making those multi-clones. he used kyubi chakra to summon gamabunta and gamabunta lent him his chakra to naruto to henge.

gokudagreat
Thu, 04-15-2004, 04:39 PM
you guys know this cause of manga i bet well okay fine but naturo is still strong... sasuke has to be suprised for a reason...

RockLee
Thu, 04-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: gokudagreat

dude, didn't i already explain this? naruto used up all of his chakra making those multi-clones. he used kyubi chakra to summon gamabunta and gamabunta lent him his chakra to naruto to henge.

maybe is not..... remember what orochimaru said... naruto blue and red chakra is mixing... and becoming his own... FOR OWN USE!! there for naruto can have such amount of chakra... even pakkun is amaze.... this means the chakra he is creating is at jounin level... even sasuke awe... meaning the chakra naruto is creating is bigger than him.....

Gods_Son
Thu, 04-15-2004, 04:51 PM
I think there was a picture clearly showing Naruto in his kyubi chakra state when summong Gamabunta, and Mut@t@ was the one who posted it.

RockLee
Thu, 04-15-2004, 04:53 PM
link please~

Mut
Thu, 04-15-2004, 05:02 PM
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/frame1.gif
this one is right before he summons gamabunta.
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/frame2.gif

Toruxxx
Thu, 04-15-2004, 05:10 PM
in the manga u see him have a kyubi eye but in the anime it doesnt show it, so the ppl who aint read the manga wont know and think that he used his own chakra to do everything.

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 05:16 PM
cursed studios gimpin up kishimoto's grand design

gokudagreat
Thu, 04-15-2004, 05:18 PM
hahaha damn the media to hell, and damn it would of been cool if he used his old chakra, but technically the fox's chakra is his own in a way, he can call on it when he wants, so sasuke should still be amazed....

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 05:20 PM
nah, it wouldnt be cool if he used his own for summoning gamabunta, cause that cheapens the jutsu to be useable by a genin without requiring the power of a demon

why are we talking about episode 78 in the 79 discussion anyway?

gokudagreat
Thu, 04-15-2004, 05:27 PM
its sort of like a 2 part episode in a way but yeah ill stop, so now that orochimaru's arms are permanetnly disabled, does this disable him from all jutsus, or just the ones that require handseals(try to include the least amount of spoilers in your response plz lol)

voodoo
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Well, since most jutsus require hand seals, yes, that disables most if not all of his jutsus. He could go and become some taijutsu masta like Rock Lee, but it would be all leg/snake tongue action.

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:51 PM
you can assume that since he isnt actually dead yet, that he'll prolly find SOME way of doing stuff in the series

basey44
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:59 PM
argh i still havent seen it

HURRY UP DOWNLOAD

voodoo
Thu, 04-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Maybe Orochimaru will turn over a new leaf (haha, get it?)

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 08:16 PM
haha wow basey, you seriously should stay away from these threads until after watching it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Rek
Thu, 04-15-2004, 09:11 PM
DAMN YOU VOODOO!!
I wanted that avatar... I'm gonna go cry like a little girl now.

Anyways, the episode... AMAZING! Hokage and Oro were going for a whole fucking hour! That itself is amazing... which explains why they kept going to it... I'm pissed at all you whores that are like "They finally ended the Oro/Sarutobi fight...heh heh" That means he died. As in dead. Deceased. He was a bad ass character too.

Other things people wanted to see was Hyuuga fight... and he did. Bitches.

And its really cool to see everyones parents fighting, because you know that they will learn these techniques later on... Shika with Shadow Choke = :i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifrools::

This has to be one of the favorite episodes... but now the great question... who will become hokage? I'll start a thread on that one I guess...

NomoZ
Thu, 04-15-2004, 09:27 PM
SENSORY OVERLOAD!!!!

tensai
Thu, 04-15-2004, 10:16 PM
HELLA cool episode
we get to see both the naruto/gaara fight and the hokage/orochimaru fight, freakin amazing!
the kyubi power up that Naruto did was kinda wierd lookin and totally different than the one he did in the neji fight, oh well
it was tight how we got to see the other shinobis of the leaf village fight. damn, all the genins parent are so cool. its kinda wierd how the sand/sound dont bust out their special jutsus
the konohamaru part was kinda funny, you would expect him to say something smart but he ends up needing to take a shit or something. haha
it sucks that sandaime has to die, but at least he died saving the village and with a smile. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
orochimaru got his hands sealed, now know more jutsus. kinda sucks for him. i wonder if hes gonna come up with some feet seals...that would be hilarious
orochimarus most likely defeated, i wonder how their gonna get killed or kicked out. And also what are the special ninjas creating the fire shield gonna do
i wonder what will happen next with gaara, the sand village, how kazekage is going to react, whats gonna happen to the sound village.....
overall one of the best episodes, even though the quality of the drawings of the characters wasn't that good (in my opinion) I LOVED IT!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Oh, well....sweet to see Orochi bitching for whatever it was worth...
Yokumo!!!! I just love that word...How dare you????Oh, the outrage!!!
heh, heh, heh
Bitch, bitch, bitch you no-good snake!!!
Oro can't complain, he is one of the characters who gets the best lines in that show.If he had been happy with that and forget about about the damn jutsus, he'd have kept his arms safe and sound.
Anyhow...now that I've seen the Anbu gal at the memorial, my suspicious that she was Hayate's gf have increased. Well, then again, so what?
Anyhow. I want more Konoha fight still. That was a decently bloody episode, but I want more...I think Kiba's family didn't get its screen time yet. Does their dog talk, or was just me?
Now, let's watch it again ten times to figure the whole thing: Yokumo whatever no jutsu...How dare you take my jutsus. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

And, huh, now we know why Shino lives in the '80s...just look at his dad...

yvliew
Thu, 04-15-2004, 10:25 PM
You still wouldn't know it for another couple of weeks or maybe months....

Kagari
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by: NomoZ
SENSORY OVERLOAD!!!!

Agreed.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek

This has to be one of the favorite episodes... but now the great question... who will become hokage? I'll start a thread on that one I guess...

Come on, you know it's a spoiler. Just wait, jeesh...or go peek in open discussion.
And if you start a thread about that in Naruto, I won't read your posts no more.
How about that??? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 11:10 PM
haha, a little late for that neji-aniki

voodoo
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:25 AM
DAMN YOU VOODOO!!

LOL, yeah. That was, like, the best shot i've seen in Naruto so far. Had to hop on that shiznit fast yo.

So, i'm gonna try and sum up these past few eps. in as few sentences as possible.

Garra: ROOOAAAR! IM AN UBA TUFF MOFO!!!

Naruto: Oh yeah? ::headbutt::

Garra: AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! :: die ::

Did i miss anything?

Feannag
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:28 AM
More than a few questions are still left after this...

What will become of Orochimaru? He's been to great a villain for the creators to cast aside so easily. My guess would be he finds some way or help to recover from his seemingly irrepairable injuries. He's simply too evil and too ambitous to be done in completely...

What will be done with Gaara? It's evident he is completely tapped out, and the Sand did not return to the gourd form on his back at the end. He's incapacitated for the present time. But Konoha can't simply send him back to the Sand village, and he's probably too dangerious to contain.

Who would be chosen as the 5th, and what will the village do about their former allies in the Sand Village? Orochimaru is Kage of the Sound, so there's really nothing to do there. But when former allies become enemies...

It should also be seen that the Chuunin exams only contained ninja from thosre three villages, or seemed to. There are seven villages, so where are the others?

80 will most likely be a 100% story episode honoring the 3rd's sacrifice for his village, and his people. Not a bad thing though.

Mut
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by: Feannag

What will become of Orochimaru? He's been to great a villain for the creators to cast aside so easily. My guess would be he finds some way or help to recover from his seemingly irrepairable injuries. He's simply too evil and too ambitous to be done in completely...

What will be done with Gaara? It's evident he is completely tapped out, and the Sand did not return to the gourd form on his back at the end. He's incapacitated for the present time. But Konoha can't simply send him back to the Sand village, and he's probably too dangerious to contain.

Who would be chosen as the 5th, and what will the village do about their former allies in the Sand Village? Orochimaru is Kage of the Sound, so there's really nothing to do there. But when former allies become enemies...

It should also be seen that the Chuunin exams only contained ninja from thosre three villages, or seemed to. There are seven villages, so where are the others?

80 will most likely be a 100% story episode honoring the 3rd's sacrifice for his village, and his people. Not a bad thing though.

orochimaru is going to slowly rott away. gaara will turn into cat litter. the leaf vilage is gonna go without a kage. the sand village doesn't have kage like the leaf, it'll crumble. the other villages are staying out of trouble and out of sight.

Feannag
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:36 AM
orochimaru is going to slowly rott away. gaara will turn into cat litter. the leaf vilage is gonna go without a kage. the sand village doesn't have kage like the leaf, it'll crumble. the other villages are staying out of trouble and out of sight.

Still don't think Orochimaru will be cast aside so easy. And if I'm not mistaken the Chuunin Exams have more political and social significance for the other villages NOT to participate. After all, it is somewhat a bragging ground/talent scout for the ninja to the feudal lords who attend. Better ninja = more jobs and more jobs = more money. As well greater ninja skill = more political/military power. It's not something to be taken so lightly.

photonic
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:39 AM
There was a mistake in this episode. It shows Naruto's jacket being blown open by the nine tails chakra and then immediately after it's zipped up again. I thought it was a great episode anyway though. I finally got to see the head of Hyuuga fight.

basey44
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:57 AM
haha wow basey, you seriously should stay away from these threads until after watching it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

its alright, ive already read the manga

i just finished watching the episode then, yay

it was unbelievable

njdevs95
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by: voodoo

DAMN YOU VOODOO!!

LOL, yeah. That was, like, the best shot i've seen in Naruto so far. Had to hop on that shiznit fast yo.

So, i'm gonna try and sum up these past few eps. in as few sentences as possible.

Garra: ROOOAAAR! IM AN UBA TUFF MOFO!!!

Naruto: Oh yeah? ::headbutt::

Garra: AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! :: die ::

Did i miss anything?

You forgot the 1000 years of pain lmao nobody can withstand that move, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when he did that.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-16-2004, 01:22 AM
[quote]

[quote]

Well, the fact is that the Sandaime didn't kill him when he had the chance, and that proved itself to be a fatal mistake. There is such thing as too much compassion...
IMO, if you don't anihilate your enemies when you have the chance, they will come back and most likely, stronger. At least, that's how it goes in most works of fiction, and why not, in real life, too.
Well, personally, if I had a dark heart like Oro, I'd be *very* pissed that I was defeated, and would be plotting on revenge. Even if he killed the Sandaime, he seemed enough furious and outraged as to try to destroy Konoha again. The first time, he was pissed that he didn't get to be the Hokage, and what happened now was the result of years of hatred towards the Sandaime and Konoha.
Which, from a rational point of view, is stupid. If his goal is to gather the most jutsus, this whole stunt got him sidetracked and made him lose his arms... how he is going to go with his jutsu thing, now???
If he still alive, even if totally screwed, he will come back. The only way to stop such kind of bastard is kill them, mercilessly. If they're not quite dead, they will return like an old penny...

Assertn
Fri, 04-16-2004, 01:49 AM
compassion has nothin to do with it.....he didnt seal up oro completely because he simply couldnt, this is pretty much the best thing he couldve done

Feannag those are very good questions....and might make it tough for manga readers to resist from spoiling them
but speculation threads on those topics are always fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

RockLee
Fri, 04-16-2004, 01:53 AM
no need them to spoil.... we simply know that orochimaru will be back... and do somemore things that simply make us shock....

damn.. hope they keep their mouth seal!

if not i might find someone to perform the sealing jutsu on him/her... haha

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-16-2004, 02:16 AM
compassion has nothin to do with it.....he didnt seal up oro completely because he simply couldnt, this is pretty much the best thing he couldve done
[/IMG]

Were you refering to my post?
I was talking about the *first* chance the Sandaime had to kill Oro. Remember the flashback where Enma tell him to kill Oro, but he couldn't and let him ran away?
He thought Oro was a big deal of a ninja, and at first, thought he'd be his sucessor...he liked the little viper and couldn't kill it.
I am sure he'd want to kill Oro now, but too late.
His one time weakness costed his life and the lives of many in Konoha (fortunatelly not the main characters or their dadsi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

tensai
Fri, 04-16-2004, 02:34 AM
i was about to post something similar to your replay neji-aniki-sama. hahaha

to feannag about the chuunin exam, in the first two tests, genins from different villages were present there. it was unfortunate for them that most of them failed before the prelims to the final test tournament

?igma
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:25 AM

His delusional state came from the sand-demon, I wouldnt be surprised if Gaara's nice side of his soul showed its face. Might eevn be accepted into the community...

or.. He goes straight nuts and has to be locked away, because living with the sand-demon for all this time actually kept him sane because he still had A point to hold onto...

LostAngel
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:44 AM
I am curious who will Hokage, but I think it will have to be someone already older and advance. Because you notice that they where usually choosen as a kid but there was always the older Hokage. I hate what happen to Orchi, I loved him so much!!

I have a question, I never notice if the Sand realized that Orchi had killed their Kage and acted to be him. So do the sound know that Orchi was behind the war and not their Kage (sorry i forgot there name). Are they following Orchi? Or did they just think it was there Kage wanting to fight the Leafs?

I loved watching the parents fight!! It was so awesome, I hope the battle isn't going to end. I know the next episode is going to be memories of the Hokage and stuff like that. I want more fighting of the parents, more Gai and Kakashi, more and the Anbu. I mean they look so awesome but see so little of them. :: tear tear :: NEED MORE!!

ptz
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:47 AM
These episode gave me goose bumps ... it's gettin better and better !!!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-16-2004, 04:31 AM
[quote]
Originally posted by: LostAngel
I hate what happen to Orchi, I loved him so much!!

I have a question, I never notice if the Sand realized that Orchi had killed their Kage and acted to be him. So do the sound know that Orchi was behind the war and not their Kage (sorry i forgot there name). Are they following Orchi? Or did they just think it was there Kage wanting to fight the Leafs?

I loved watching the parents fight!! It was so awesome, I hope the battle isn't going to end. [quote]

Oh, come on, Oro totally lost his cool, as an evil guy, he should know better.
And yeah, the parents kick ass, and Hyuuga Hiashi was awesome. He himself is a bastard, but he does a mean kaiten...

basey44
Fri, 04-16-2004, 04:51 AM
lol ur all creaming urselves over this

its really funny for everyone who has read the manga to read the stuff ur writing about who will do what, ahh

i got nothing left to say

go naruto

Kagari
Fri, 04-16-2004, 06:19 AM
Basey, when you first saw all the cool shit happening in the manga, you were creaming yourself too, so stfu.

Next epsiode is going to be amazing...the shot with kakashi in the wind with the teary eye said it all....I'm pretty sure crying will be a part of it. Haven't cried since Zabuza died!

AkimichiChouji
Fri, 04-16-2004, 06:55 AM
Ya, that was a very good episode...i hope this upcoming episode is going to top every episode put out so far it looks to be amazing.

Lwis
Fri, 04-16-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by: Kagari
Basey, when you first saw all the cool shit happening in the manga, you were creaming yourself too, so stfu.

Next epsiode is going to be amazing...the shot with kakashi in the wind with the teary eye said it all....I'm pretty sure crying will be a part of it. Haven't cried since Zabuza died!

Arg, that episode was so sad.
When he laid next to his girl(forgot her name, and no, its NOT a boy!) and died while looking at her, damn, did I cry!

winnydapoo
Fri, 04-16-2004, 07:49 AM
I thought 78 was better, just my opinion.... The way Naruto drew more of Kyuubi's chakra was a bit wierd... still next one looks good! That purple haired chick has got to be someone important...

r3n
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:27 AM
78 > 79, but 79 was still v good compared to the normal slow pace of naruto!

the drawing was a bit odd, but didnt notice it most of the time. good ep, lets hope 80 is even better i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LostAngel
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:36 PM
Question does anyone know if the Sand realize that Orchi had killed their Kage and disguised himself as him? Are the following Orchi? Or do they think it is what their Kage wants not knowing its Orchi?

petrockstar
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:43 PM
is anyone else having problems dl-ing 79 but me? this is really frustarting.... not only is this site two episodes behind, but bakasan won't let me connect.... WHY?

tensai
Fri, 04-16-2004, 01:08 PM
to petrockstar you can try dl fron shinotaku, theres is pretty good, ive tried dling earlier episodes from bakasan but there was always an error occuring

to lost angel - the sand kage is not dead. the sand shinobis know that orochimaru disguised himself along with the two bodyguards. it was their plan all along. during the baki flashbacks and hayate spying on baki and kabuto, they give some info about the sound and sands plans.

LostAngel
Fri, 04-16-2004, 01:11 PM
oh okay hehehehe thanks

Rek
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by: tensai
to petrockstar you can try dl fron shinotaku, theres is pretty good, ive tried dling earlier episodes from bakasan but there was always an error occuring

WTF are you smoking? SO is total crap, misspellings and off sync (but that could be my computer, but I doubt it... others had the same problem)

Shin Otaku is about as pretty good as being put in a burlap sac full of scorpions and being used for batting practice by the New York Knicks.

SK
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by: petrockstar
is anyone else having problems dl-ing 79 but me? this is really frustarting.... not only is this site two episodes behind, but bakasan won't let me connect.... WHY?

Same thing was happening to me, using the normal bittorrent client. So, I dl'd the experimental one and it worked fine.

Black_Challenger08
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Yep, Shadows Expieremental has always done me good! Anyways, yes great episode. Nothing to complain about at all.

Mae
Fri, 04-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by: LostAngel
Question does anyone know if the Sand realize that Orchi had killed their Kage and disguised himself as him? Are the following Orchi? Or do they think it is what their Kage wants not knowing its Orchi?

Why do people think that Oro killed the Sand's Kage? They are allies after all. Wouldn't it make sense for them to arrange for Oro to impersonate the Kage so that he could stay somewhere safe and Oro could fight the Third?

Tass
Fri, 04-16-2004, 04:20 PM

WTF are you smoking? SO is total crap, misspellings and off sync (but that could be my computer, but I doubt it... others had the same problem)

Shin Otaku is about as pretty good as being put in a burlap sac full of scorpions and being used for batting practice by the New York Knicks.

lol rek...what are you smoking?!?! S-O's version is right up there with ANBU's...although anbu's translation is better in my opinion...and nothing beats TW!! gawd i miss theirs /cry

oh btw, 79 did rock! =) and everything i would have said has been said...damn my slowness =P

EDIT: Mae -- "Why do people think that Oro killed the Sand's Kage? They are allies after all. Wouldn't it make sense for them to arrange for Oro to impersonate the Kage so that he could stay somewhere safe and Oro could fight the Third?"

because to copy his face, some believe he has to rip it off...which would mean killing him...love your avitar btw! WHR is a pretty good anime =)

itsgalf
Fri, 04-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Good wrap-up episode, but we need to find out what happened to Kabuto.

Tass
Fri, 04-16-2004, 06:57 PM
and sakura...we never saw her freed...hope shes ok =(

DarkBahamut
Fri, 04-16-2004, 08:40 PM
I wish Gaara would tear sakura into 1000 peices and feed them to his demon racoon as the final act to piss Naruto off i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ssjtaylan
Fri, 04-16-2004, 09:47 PM
i think out of all the skills and techniques someone really needs to learn how to heal and use stealth so whenever someone is injured and the enemy doesnt kill him (goes to fight next guy) the healer can heal ^^

also did anyone notice in the new opening a clip of oro and his snake fighting vs naruto -_- i knew he wouldnt die T_T

WarkWark
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Umm is it not obvious what is going to happen...

Anyone played ff7? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Orichimaru will get a gunarm grafted on to himself, and then create a group of egomaniacs who try to save the world because chakra is actually stealing the life from the planet, so they will go around blowing up things and whatnot.. its the only logical explanation.

tensai
Sat, 04-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by: ssjtaylan
also did anyone notice in the new opening a clip of oro and his snake fighting vs naruto -_- i knew he wouldnt die T_T

were you talking about the scene near the end or something because i see jaraiya on the frog against orochimaru and the snake. ow well
i love the new opening by the way
my favorite part was every scene with jaraiya, especially when he stops to look at kurenai in the kimono and naruto, sasuke, and kakashi makes funny faces. hahaha
the new ending is pretty good but it sounds like someone recorded it from a kareoke singer...or maybe its just me?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-17-2004, 12:57 AM

i love the new opening by the way
my favorite part was every scene with jaraiya, especially when he stops to look at kurenai in the kimono and naruto, sasuke, and kakashi makes funny faces. hahaha
the new ending is pretty good but it sounds like someone recorded it from a kareoke singer...or maybe its just me?

Yeah, Kurenai looks hot, but she did so even in her bandage dress. I liked to see the the girls when they were way younger. Except for Sakura, they could have left her out... from the opening and from the series altogether... heh, heh

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by: Mae
[Why do people think that Oro killed the Sand's Kage? They are allies after all. Wouldn't it make sense for them to arrange for Oro to impersonate the Kage so that he could stay somewhere safe and Oro could fight the Third?

Yeah, so far we don't know what happened to the Kazekage.
But, if you remember, Oro has this technique to steal people's faces and that implies in killing them.
So one can *assume* he is dead. But to say he's already dead, may be premature. So far, we don't know what's made of that bastard. So, we will have to wait and see...
As a matter of fact, he and Hinata's dad are the worst, so if he's dead, it serves him right.
I don't know about Sasuke's father, though. Maybe Itachi had his reasons to kill all his family, but it's also premature to say.

SOOOO sorry for the doble post... Hope I will be forgiven, eventually.

LostAngel
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama

Originally posted by: Mae
[Why do people think that Oro killed the Sand's Kage? They are allies after all. Wouldn't it make sense for them to arrange for Oro to impersonate the Kage so that he could stay somewhere safe and Oro could fight the Third?

Yeah, so far we don't know what happened to the Kazekage.
But, if you remember, Oro has this technique to steal people's faces and that implies in killing them.
So one can *assume* he is dead. But to say he's already dead, may be premature. So far, we don't know what's made of that bastard. So, we will have to wait and see...
As a matter of fact, he and Hinata's dad are the worst, so if he's dead, it serves him right.
I don't know about Sasuke's father, though. Maybe Itachi had his reasons to kill all his family, but it's also premature to say.

LOL I didn't know, I figured because he could steal ppls faces that he might of killed him. Thats why I was asking. I figured maybe he killed him, Sand mistook it, then they can become allies again. Or something like that.

Nova
Sat, 04-17-2004, 02:00 AM
After watching 78 and 79 a few times each I think 79 is probably my favorite episode of all the Naruto's. I loved all the scenes with the different Ninja's fighting together in different places. And we have the conclusion of the Oro vs 3rd fight, the conclusion of the Gaara vs Naruto fight, and it was just a wicked episode.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 04-17-2004, 03:04 AM
have to agree with u on that one

chitgoks
Sat, 04-17-2004, 05:14 AM
in my opinion, i chose 78 over 79. episode 79 would have been better but i feel that the music they chose for the scenes in naruto didnt fit it.

Aegis Runestone
Sat, 04-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by: Nova
After watching 78 and 79 a few times each I think 79 is probably my favorite episode of all the Naruto's. I loved all the scenes with the different Ninja's fighting together in different places. And we have the conclusion of the Oro vs 3rd fight, the conclusion of the Gaara vs Naruto fight, and it was just a wicked episode.

Yes. And the music was awesome! I loved this episode a lot and I can't wait for Episode 80! After all those "Filler" Episodes, I think the wait was well worth it.

Originally posted by: DarkBahamut
I wish Gaara would tear sakura into 1000 peices and feed them to his demon racoon as the final act to piss Naruto off i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

O_O Why??? What's wrong with Sakura! Poor thing... you guys are so evil. -_-

itachi_
Sat, 04-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Talking about music, I wonder if Itachi will have his own song?

ELiA
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Probably yes. The lee-gaara fight also introduced some new tunes.

Rek
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:29 PM
it better be a bad ass tune...

And about Hinata's dad and kazekage bein teh worst, what about 4th Hokage? He just grabbed some random orphan threw one of the deadliest demons of all time, and died. Leaving Naruto to a life of poor chakra control (from the fugged up seal) a village full of people hating him (from the rodent sealed in his belly button) and no money.. that we know of... meh. Well, I just wanted him in the run also

tensai
Sat, 04-17-2004, 03:24 PM
talking about seals, i think that naruto's seal was better accomplished than gaara's because naruto had control over himself without any mental issues. Kyubi was released only in life threatening situations. Gaara's seal has been unstable throughout his whole life, causing him to live with barely any sleep - and also causing the instability of his mind. Shakuku was always present awaiting for a chance to take over.

Speaking of Gaara and the new intros, i just noticed that Gaara wasnt even in it and Orochimaru is, Im guessing that Oro still has a role to play, but Gaara might just disappear, maybe.

in terms of what i think was better, 78 has great animation quality and action and, of course, excitement.
79's quality was pretty good, but not as good as 78, a good amount of action, and a hell of a lot of content

i cant really decide, theres so many different aspects that make an episode one of my favorites

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 04-17-2004, 03:47 PM
I liked the ep alot. Although...I dont know if anyone touched on this earlier...but Gai was fighting at first and looked all jacked up, and then no more than 3 scenes later he was fine again. This could be a mistake on the parts of the animators....or one could assume that he was opening a gate?

"The lotus in Konoha blooms twice."

i/expressions/devil.gif

IamSpazzy
Sat, 04-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Anyone think that Gaara is dead? In the preview for mext weeks episode, we know that Naruto is alive and at the end of 79, Naruto seemed to be worse off than Gaara. Face down and not moving.

Assertn
Sat, 04-17-2004, 08:10 PM
i dunno.....wouldnt they emphasize it more if he was dead? like perhaps have it rain sand all over the place and a tear rolls down his cold, dead cheek

hiddenpookie
Sat, 04-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Well the kyubi thing was kinda wierd the dude powered up his jacket ripped upart.and i was like yeah its gonna be badass!! 5 seconds later a headbutt. wow nice u used ur head for once i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif great episode. the intro is soo cool i watch it again again and again

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 04-17-2004, 09:21 PM
These last eps have been great.... apart from one really anoying thing. Every ep they have showed how Oro and 3rd have been standing together like a couple in an endless waltz just looking dumb going

"why don't you just die"
" i am not going to die, you die"
"no, you die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
"die"
I guess you get the picture by now i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif I hated this part about the invasion, otherwise it's been great.

asliceoftom
Sun, 04-18-2004, 01:55 AM
I dont know if this has been mentioned, but if youll watch the new intro, Orochimaru's arms are limp while riding the snake.

Just a thought.

Mut
Sun, 04-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by: asliceoftom
I dont know if this has been mentioned, but if youll watch the new intro, Orochimaru's arms are limp while riding the snake.

Just a thought.

he was just resting them.

Hokage17b
Sun, 04-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Was anyone else surprised/dissapointed by the fact that Hidden Leaf Jounin and ANBU were SOOO much more powerful than the invading shinobi who seemed to be completly baffled and thwarted by their techniques as if they had never seen anything like them, not to mention that they had no special techniques of their own.

Why would Leaf even be worried about an attack if they are the only ones with powerful special attacks? Maybe they were just exagerating for the episode, but I thought it was pretty clear that at least sand had pretty comperably skilled fighters, which was not shown at all in this episode where they looked like genin rooks.

?igma
Sun, 04-18-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by: Hokage17b
Was anyone else surprised/dissapointed by the fact that Hidden Leaf Jounin and ANBU were SOOO much more powerful than the invading shinobi who seemed to be completly baffled and thwarted by their techniques as if they had never seen anything like them, not to mention that they had no special techniques of their own.

Why would Leaf even be worried about an attack if they are the only ones with powerful special attacks? Maybe they were just exagerating for the episode, but I thought it was pretty clear that at least sand had pretty comperably skilled fighters, which was not shown at all in this episode where they looked like genin rooks.

you forget the 4 shield-keepers, protecting Oro. They are unaware of his situation, but it will soon enough be uncovered. I think those guys are not really people to piss on if you know what I mean.
Next ep ..I dont think those will be forgotten.

Assertn
Sun, 04-18-2004, 11:30 AM
i know, its kinda sad....but keep in mind that the feudal lord kept the sand village's ninja population low, so as an influence, they arent that strong.....and the sound village is a recently created village too

not to mention konoha's probably the largest of the hidden villages

Ninja Master Kenny
Sun, 04-18-2004, 10:33 PM
i know, its kinda sad....but keep in mind that the feudal lord kept the sand village's ninja population low, so as an influence, they arent that strong.....and the sound village is a recently created village too

not to mention konoha's probably the largest of the hidden villages

ya...konoha definatly has the numbers. Also, they were holding the counter-attack back for a while to catch the enemies by surprise

SofaKing
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Didn't you guys pay attention at all?

The konoha ninjas were protecting people who were important to them, so they were able to be truly strong.

Jeff_from_MD
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:36 AM
I agree I dunno how oro had this premonition that Sand village actually stood a chance vs konoha! Nothing seemed to work out for him really. Sasuke owns that fan girl, Kankuro gets wiped out pretty easy, Jiraiya's froggy summon pummeled the 3 snakes summon clean prob, and gaara's monster sucks the big one vs naruto's kyuba, etc.

now I'm just curious how oro's gonna be able to use sasuke as his next "body" without any techniques..

Gods_Son
Mon, 04-19-2004, 02:16 AM
It was Sand and Sound vs Konoha, so with the combined powers, he might've thought he had a chance. And I think the point of the 3rd sealing Oro's arms was so that he wouldn't be able to get a new body.

?igma
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by: SofaKing

The konoha ninjas were protecting people who were important to them, so they were able to be truly strong.

oh plz, that dragonballZ avatar says it all..go home ...

complich8
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by: ?igma

we find ourselves asking .... "is this flame really necessary?"

?igma
Mon, 04-19-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by: complich8

we find ourselves asking .... "is this flame really necessary?"

quite correct,no i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

still, I can sum up a douzen times of crappy goku needing to protect sooooooooooo he suddenly is very strong.
The way konoha won was on itself quite remarkable dont you think ?

Stoopider
Mon, 04-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Proves that Konoha village is a impressive clan by far though.

Actually you could have tell that since the chunnin exam. And the best part.. THeir getting stronger and stronger. Had Dumb Oro became Hokage, he would have run the Konoha to the Ground!!

itachi_
Mon, 04-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Anko, fine bitaatch *drools*

PaD
Mon, 04-19-2004, 12:24 PM
I like these 'new' episodes better.
Fewer flash backs!

Xollence
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by: Jeff_from_MD
I agree I dunno how oro had this premonition that Sand village actually stood a chance vs konoha!

Well even the Hokage said that Orochimaru himself has the power of a village and that no one in Konoha is strong enough to face him.

freezel-san
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by: asliceoftom

Just a thought.

he was just resting them.

Are you kidding, or is this something that is revealed the manga? (I don't read the manga myself, because I think that the anime is visually superior, and I don't want to spoil it for myself too much.)

As ?igma, -Sharingan-Kakashi-, ssjtaylan, tensai, asliceoftom, and Mut@t@ have all mentioned in this thread, there is a scene in the new intro in which it appears that Jaraiya (NOT Naruto) is on top of the frog boss fighting Ochimaru atop giant snakes.

What's interesting about this scene is that the snakes could be the ones summoned earlier in the attack, or they could be new ones summoned by Ochimaru. The latter would imply (particulary because Ochi is shown as having his arms immobilized when he's on the snakes) that he had found a way to perform the summoning without the use of his arms.

That seems unlikely to me, however. While it would not surprise me if, over a long period of time, Ochimaru figured out a way to do jutsu's without use of his arms or found a way to restore them, the scene in the intro looked to me as if it was still part of the same Sand/Sound Invasion battle.

This is all speculation, though, and only people who have read the manga and/or time can tell what the truth of the matter is. ;-)

ssjtaylan
Mon, 04-19-2004, 03:48 PM
yea true because frog boss asked naruto to perform seals to transform into the fox so maybe ochi gets his snake to make his seals?

freezel-san
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:01 PM
It seems to me that Ochimaru could figure out a way to perform jutsu's without HAND seals at some point. He does have other body parts still, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that only hands can illicit the magical signs necessary for performing jutus's.

That being said, it's not likely that he would be able to do this any time soon after he lost his arms. You could tell from the look on his face when his arms were destroyed that he truly feared he had lost all of his ability to perform jutsu's, and it would take time to figure out another way and train with this new method.

[added in edit]
Therefore, since it looks to me like the frog vs snake battle is happens shortly after the Hokage battle, Ochimaru probably did not summon the snakes himself.

ssjtaylan
Mon, 04-19-2004, 04:08 PM
why would it be shortly after? dont forget the frog boss is naruto's teacher now unless they join togather in a fight and the pervert^^ uses him to

freezel-san
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:04 PM
That's true. Also, the Frog Boss used up all of his chakra in 79, so that makes it even more unlikely that it takes place sooner after.

SK
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:22 PM
cmon The_Guru wtf do u have to be a dick head and ruin things for non manga readers...

Baka_Desuyo
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:31 PM
It would be hard for Orochimaru to find a way to restore his justu without lifting the seal on his arms, mainly because the hand seals that are performed for jutsus are so elaborate. The only way I could think that Oro could get his jutsus back would be to learn to perform seals with his toes. But I think that would be a little too farfetched, even for Naruto.

Rek
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by: ssjtaylan
yea true because frog boss asked naruto to perform seals to transform into the fox so maybe ochi gets his snake to make his seals?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you were just being stupid for the sake of being "funny"

because there is no way that A FUCKING SNAKE can do hand seals when it has no hands.

Especially when Gamabunta can't and he has hands. And can actually talk.

It's more likely that he got more sound nin to summon it again. Maybe those 4 uber jounin that are guarding the fighty place... btw, WHY HAVE THEY BEEN FORGOTTEN??!?

Gaz
Mon, 04-19-2004, 07:42 PM
they are holding up the walls to stop any incomming interfearance from the Anbu members. I suppose AonE are going in right behind them as soon as the sound ninja realise that the Hokage battle is over i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Baka_Desuyo
Mon, 04-19-2004, 08:28 PM
I think the snakes that Oro is riding were summoned by one of his cohorts, like the sound guy with glasses, god, I can't remember his name right now.

Anyways, Gamabunta can perform hand seals, it's just that he's not good at henge, so that's why he had Naruto do it. I mean, he obviously has hands, how else could he grip his sword/knife thingy?

baka passing
Mon, 04-19-2004, 09:56 PM
just finished 79!! so good! i would have never in my life thought that the 3rd would get the death god to cut off Oro's arms. such a perfect punishment. Hopefully, he doesn't learn a new way to perform seals with just his mouth

DarkBahamut
Mon, 04-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Just a though.
any chance of Gaara becoming good?
i mean the poor guy just lost his purpose in life which is to be the strongest and keep existing and since he just got his ass handed to him by Naruto wonder what he will do
hmm maybe he'll go train like mad and come back after naruto for revenge
and i don't think Gaara gonna die like that, remember temari is still around i mean she left right after gaara transform but she might come back and help him.

Hinata-chan
Mon, 04-19-2004, 10:41 PM
ive said this over 8 months ago and im goign to say it again...

if you have read the manga - dont freaking pretend that you haven't lol - i see it all over teh boards and its pretty freaking ridiculous

Hokage Naruto
Mon, 04-19-2004, 10:59 PM
I think that orochi might try to learn how to do seals with his tounge because it is so long or something. It sounds pretty reasonable. Or maybe with something else. Who knows. (Except manga readers i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif )

EDIT : I just watched the beggining of the episode again and it orochimaru is on a giant 32 headed snake. I dont think he would be able to use his feet to perform seals because his shoes and stuff were already on still unless they messed that up so it could be his tongue or someone else that summoned them for him, but that would be impossible because he couldn't have given the person the scroll and stuff unless he did it before then just to be ready or something. Thats a thought about the tongue or someone else that did it.

asliceoftom
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Earlier I said that it looked like Orochimaru's arms were limp in the new intro. Ive also noticed that his hands are white, instead of purple/grey like they were when they got sealed.

Maybe im way off the chars though. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:25 AM
yeah but he was also on those 3 snakes with the bibs that were likely killed by jiriaya.....so maybe that was some flashy thing they threw in for an intro i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:33 AM
yeah but he was also on those 3 snakes with the bibs that were likely killed by jiriaya.....so maybe that was some flashy thing they threw in for an intro i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

you like those snakes with bibs, don't you? Maybe they were raised as Labradors Retrievers i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Those are bandanas! What a self-respectiful snake would wear a bib???

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:00 AM
the kind that values efficient dining over good looks i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:24 AM

Ok first off...I have a DB Avatar....so that was a little harsh.
Secondly...sofaking had some merrit to what he was saying...although it
appears to me that it was sarcasim...it could still be a reasonable response.
And futhermore...Sofaking...I like your avatar...it isnt as cool as mine...but hey?
What are you going to do? (Thanks Assert.)

i/expressions/devil.gif

itsgalf
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:32 AM
I really don't think that the intro has anything to do with the actual story. It's just something flashy to catch someone's eye.
I mean...in the first intro, it shows Naruto and Sasuke working together...and I was thinking that maybe it would happen in the actual anime...but so far, they still pretty much don't like each other and the intro has changed 3 times.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:35 AM
the kind that values efficient dining over good looks i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
only when eating lobsters that is allowed for a classy snakei/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:36 AM
should i get a room for you two, or is assert a real man and is able to do it anywhere.

and... should we be expecting forum babies? you gonna be a daddy soon assert.

EDIT 1: response to below:

User Rating: 3.86
No of votes: 21

i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

EDIT 2: omg... i was totally joking around when i said it, lol. jesus people... relax.

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:39 AM
dazzz, you're just jealous cause everyone hates you i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Gods_Son
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:47 AM
ha, no, don't be modest Assertn. You two just can't stay away from each other, maybe you can meet up with each other, enjoy a nice dinner and a movie. Seriously though, try taking your little love connection outta the forum, we don't need to hear about it anymore.

v I'll admit that Mut@t@ and I have some of the worst attitudes, but you and Neiji-Aniki really need to stop being all over each other v

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:52 AM
hey you're attitude's not much better konohomaruCorps
my post responses are indiscriminatory regardless of who im responding to
(well, except for maybe people who post exceptionally stupid stuff)

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:23 AM
I hope Sasuke puts a big ol' Chidori right through Gaara's chest. Cause we all know Naruto won't finish the job. Love the little guy, but he's got way too much mercy in him.

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:26 AM
perhaps, assuming that its physically possible to perform the chidari TWICE over the normal limit, instead of just one as he did earlier i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:27 AM
People...can you blame Neji-aniki-sama? I saw the pics of Assert in the pics section of one of the forums...yeah...i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

i/expressions/devil.gif

EDIT: Personally I am glad to see more love and less hate on here.
Good job kids. Keep it up.

i/expressions/devil.gif

Stoopider
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by: Hinata-chan
ive said this over 8 months ago and im goign to say it again...

if you have read the manga - dont freaking pretend that you haven't lol - i see it all over teh boards and its pretty freaking ridiculous

Talkin to who??

Hey... Even Manga readers have the right to speculate over whats going to happen next. Although we already know whats going to happen next. But it's good to keep the anime watchers thinking.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by: iMUSTbeTHEdevil
People...can you blame Neji-aniki-sama? I saw the pics of Assert in the pics section of one of the forums...yeah...i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

i/expressions/devil.gif

EDIT: Personally I am glad to see more love and less hate on here.
Good job kids. Keep it up.

i/expressions/devil.gif

This has gotten to so preposterous that I refuse to dignify certain posters with an answer. I give myself the right to be polite and civilized towards people who act that way. And also give myself the right to ignore people who don't even bother to pretend to act like the gentlemen they will never be.
And thanks for you kind words, iMUSTbe. Personally, I don't see any reason to be rude and insulting anywhere, much less in an anime forum.
If some have a problem with my atittude, there are two things they can do:
a. don't read my posts
b. report me to the monitors for excessive politeness.

ssjtaylan
Tue, 04-20-2004, 05:06 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me you were just being stupid for the sake of being "funny"

no i wasnt been funny i was just being stupid

It's more likely that he got more sound nin to summon it again. Maybe those 4 uber jounin that are guarding the fighty place... btw, WHY HAVE THEY BEEN FORGOTTEN??

what the hell are u talking about here the snake has already been summoned i was talking about how in the future ochi is gonna perform his seals

plz tell me u were trying to be funny, idiot

ssjtaylan
Tue, 04-20-2004, 05:23 AM
really don't think that the intro has anything to do with the actual story. It's just something flashy to catch someone's eye.
I mean...in the first intro, it shows Naruto and Sasuke working together

true also if i remember right in the second intro gaara raises his arms and sasuke and naruto are looking around and gaaras watching them from behind i dont think thta happened in the series

Shakugan
Tue, 04-20-2004, 05:50 AM
ofcourse the intro has something the do with the series you can see some abilitys and that jiraiya rox because hes pervert

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:45 AM
well, that could hint at how both sasuke and naruto will be confronting gaara in the future

however what WAS in the 2nd intro that didnt actually happen was the quick fight scenes of lee vs rain nins, sasuke vs kabuto (i think), sasuke (without the curse seal) vs zaku, and hinata vs a rain nin......

for the faster actiony scenes i think its more for effect than anything else

Garlannd
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:09 PM
1st Class anime but whose name wast hat on the gravestone that the ANBU lady swore to avenge.

freezel-san
Tue, 04-20-2004, 12:52 PM
By episode 79, it appears that the Sand and Sound have been pretty much defeated, or are going to be. What will happen to the surviving ninjas from these countries (particularly Temari after working with Gaara so closely) now that they have been defeated?

Originally posted by: Garlannd
1st Class anime but whose name wast hat on the gravestone that the ANBU lady swore to avenge.

I believe that was Hayate (as has been mentioned several times). He was the chuunin exam proctor who coughed all the time, and was killed by the Sand jounin (Baki, who is in charge of Gaara, Temari, and Kankurou) after Hayate listened in on a conversation between the sand (Baki) and sound (Kabuto) spies.

EDIT: Please don't double post.

SofaKing
Tue, 04-20-2004, 01:55 PM

I'm already home, dumbass. Besides, it's not MY fault you couldn't be bothered to pay attention to what was going on.

Stoopider
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by: freezel-san
I believe that was Hayate (as has been mentioned several times). He was the chuunin exam proctor who coughed all the time, and was killed by the Sand jounin (Baki, who is in charge of Gaara, Temari, and Kankurou) after Hayate listened in on a conversation between the sand (Baki) and sound (Kabuto) spies.

Add a bit to your statement. He was the sickly examiner who poked Neji in the forehead protector.
Quite curious who the ANBU lassy was though. She look cool. She looks like a ANBU squad leader no?

Baka_Desuyo
Tue, 04-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Were the purple haired ANBU girl and Hayate related, or lovers? Not sure if I missed something, but would like to be filled in.

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 07:05 PM
i would guess she was his girlfriend.....but they've only shown her briefly in 2 episodes so far

SK
Tue, 04-20-2004, 07:14 PM
that cough guy had a hot girl like that? lol

Baka_Desuyo
Tue, 04-20-2004, 07:33 PM
What episode was it that we saw her in before this? I forgot.

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 07:34 PM
at the end of the one where hayate was killed by baki

The_Fourth
Tue, 04-20-2004, 07:38 PM
It was a really good episode, it had emotions, and action. I really liked the part when the Third is almost dead that he gets a glimpse of Orochi when he was young. O and the purpled haired ANBU member appeard when Hayates body was found on the roof of a building. (forgot which episode was it)

Baka_Desuyo
Tue, 04-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Did anyone see Yubiki, the first examiner from the Chuunin exam, at all when the fighting picked up? I didn't see him anywhere since when the invasion first began.

Assertn
Tue, 04-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Morono Ibiki.....yes he was also in the scene where jiraiya appears with the big frog

Mut
Tue, 04-20-2004, 09:41 PM
i thought he was gonna be strong. but he obviously sucks as he wasn't able to fight the snakes. weakling.

Rek
Tue, 04-20-2004, 09:45 PM
No... he was too busy telling everyone else what to do... but, maybe his specialty is psychology... like they said. Sakura knows alot of shit, but she couldn't be Konohamaru in a fight...

And Forth... I just thot that part was sad. Even after all the crap that Oro did, sarutobi was still seeing him as his eager, ambitious student...

LaZie
Tue, 04-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Maybe I should start coughing and MAYBE I can get a hot girl 8D, and Shino's father looks like Auron from FFX.

Raven
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:57 PM
They probably weren't even related, just comrades. The guy got killed unnecessarily, she probably just hates her friends dying and wanted to avenge him.

Baka_Desuyo
Wed, 04-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks he looks like Auron. Except Auron doesn't have a Mexi-stache like Shino's dad does.

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 03:21 AM
Did anybody else notice that Konohamaru very quickly didn't have to pee any more? He was busting enough to run out of the room, then when they all started talking, he forgot about it.

Maybe someone already mentioned it and I missed it.

Rek
Wed, 04-21-2004, 06:12 AM
nah... no one mentioned it. Yeah, it did seem he was trying to bust out of that joint to bust some heads with his 1 jutsu... go Konohamaru!!

Stoopider
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:30 AM
I think he let out the cat from the bag already. Geez. Must stink up the whole cave

freezel-san
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:34 AM
Yeah, and do you know how hard it is to get urine out of your evacuation cave floors? Unless there's a ninja technique for that...

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2004, 07:39 AM
It's gotta be a common problem, seeing how terrified everyone must be as they're evacuating. I'm sure someone's created a jutsu for it ....

Baka_Desuyo
Wed, 04-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I think he did pee, cause you notice when he bumped into that nurse it showed a little liquid squirting (it squirted up, but I don't think it was blood).

Garlannd
Wed, 04-21-2004, 10:45 AM
All I can say is EWWWWWWWWWW

Followed by Iru-sensi performing URINE SMELL REMOVER JITSU!

Assertn
Wed, 04-21-2004, 10:53 AM
i wonder if its possible to henge into a person with a larger bladder

Stoopider
Wed, 04-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Use the Magical Golden Dragon Holding Breath Jutsu!

Destroyor
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:00 PM
There are probably some scroll or special seal for this. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SEAL!!!!!!

Kagari
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:25 PM
The intelligence level of the conversation as significantly dropped over the last couple of pages...let's refrain from speaking about "urine-remove no jutsu" and get back to discussion i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I think that Chomaru's Multi-Size was the coolest thing i've seen all week. He was MASSIVE!!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by: Kagari
The intelligence level of the conversation as significantly dropped over the last couple of pages...let's refrain from speaking about "urine-remove no jutsu" and get back to discussion i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I think that Chomaru's Multi-Size was the coolest thing i've seen all week. He was MASSIVE!!

Where did you find his name? And what's the name of Ino and Shika's dads?
If Ino and Shika get hook up, the will have to have 2 kids, a boy and a girl (well, that's what Shika wants, anyway) otherwise this formation is history.
Also, I wanted to see more grown-up byakugan. Are Hiashi and Neji the only ones able to perform it?
There are no other guys in the main family other than the chief of the clan? If so it's really a waste of technique/man-power that only the main family chiefs can do that... Neji did well in learning that by himself...guess that swastika seal is not that big of a deal. I also wonder why Hinata didn't use that seal on Neji, that bastard of a father of hers didn't teach her not even that? I can't believe she was that honest, or that stupid, if she knew how to use the seal. Then again, one or the other, or both, honest people tend to be stupid...
Yeah, and I also wonder what happened to the people in the hospital. Coincidentally, both Hinata and Neji were there. Did he recover and went on to fight? Or he was just taken to be with the women and children?
Hanabi was lost in the audience. Hiashi likes the kid so much, he left her on her own...He was also at the hospital, but I guess his byakugan let him know something was wrong. As we all know, next time we see him is in the forest, kicking ass.
So many questions...

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:08 PM
The names are mentioned at several Naruto sites, that's probably where Kagari found it. There are many other people in the Hyuga main branch that can most likely do Kaiten, we just only know Hiashi, so that's probably why he was the only one shown. That cursed seal/swastika seal was discussed back when Neiji first fought Hinata. Teaching it or using it is not supposed to be looked at in such a laid-back way. Hiashi is probably the only one that should be allowed to use the seal.

Xollence
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:46 PM
I think they also mentioned his name back when they were all training before the 3rd exam.

Rek
Wed, 04-21-2004, 03:13 PM
Not to mention that it is only going to be given to the head of house. They don't know who will be Head, Hinata or her sister right? One has to be branch... so, eventually they will fight and hinata will learn how to give the seal, and kill the one who carries it.

Assertn
Wed, 04-21-2004, 03:39 PM
well, it used to be up on narutoguide.com...back when they were existant
i believe the names were chomaru, shikato, and inozuka (not really sure about that third one)

Kagari
Wed, 04-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Yeah Assrtn, thats where i found it....but in episode 59 im pretty sure they mention Chomaru's name.

Rek
Wed, 04-21-2004, 05:43 PM
where they are in the sushi bar? I think I remember that tooo....

Tho, now that I think about it, it explains why they were teamed up like that...

Baka_Desuyo
Wed, 04-21-2004, 08:15 PM
I haven't done any research for it, but would anyone like to save me the effort and tell me the names of Kiba's parents?

Assertn
Wed, 04-21-2004, 08:50 PM
how do you know they were his parents? the clan could extend beyond just the immediate family......
besides, is it just me or did both of those characters sound female?

deadlydreamx
Wed, 04-21-2004, 09:45 PM
naruto 80 has been released by bakasan... just thought id let everyone knowi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Baka_Desuyo
Wed, 04-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah, those people really did seem like girls, but the one in front seemed more masculine than she probably should be.

Pyron
Thu, 04-22-2004, 12:11 AM
i'm downloading 80 right now but i watched 79 again. i thought this was a good episode. i'm happy that the episodes are picking up and it is making Naruto a lot more interesting. there were a lot of good points. i like when they showed all the parent ninjas doing their thing against sand. when Naruto looked at Sakura then used the 9 tail's power, i thought that was hype. they finally ended the soul pulling out thing with the 3rd and Orochimaru and i thought that it was sad when the 3rd died and he remembered the younger Orochimaru before he died. i really liked it when they showed Naruto and Gaara together as one on the reflection of the dagger...that was a nice touch. anyways...i can't wait for 80

ssjtaylan
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:23 AM
yep getting it now ^^ but i delete after t_t

Rek
Thu, 04-22-2004, 06:12 AM
yeah, the dagger reflection thing was really, really cool... I wanted that as an avatar, but someone else snagged it.

Yeah, Bakasans out, but guess what? Still fucked up... gonna hafta wait for AA, or (worse yet) Shin Otaku...

And about the Inuzuka Clan... they are pretty much dog worshippers... and who hasn't heard the analogy women are like cats and men are like dogs? So, is it not safe to assume that the females in this Inuzuka clan wouldn't be that feminine?

Jeff_from_MD
Thu, 04-22-2004, 02:52 PM
dunno if this has been mentioned already, but one thing that was kind of poignant was the resigned expression on the monkey dude Enma as he finally relinquishes the sword stuck in the Kazekage. He does it the instant the death god's dagger completes the spell with the slice.

Baka_Desuyo
Thu, 04-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know where the Inuzuka clan dogs came from? Like did they start breeding them for the purpose of being ninja dogs, or did they come from some dog demon or something?

Rek
Thu, 04-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Nah... it hasn't been mentioned yet... but its prolly similar to the Aburame Clan's Bugs. They obviously get the dogs at birth, and they grow at a slowed rate (hence why Akamaru is still just a puppy) there's prolly a particular breed of nin dogs...

Tho it'd be really cool if say Kiba's Mom and Akamaru's mother were partners also...

Baka_Desuyo
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Think there's any sort of thing where if the dog dies the human is put to shame? Or like a public stoning? Kinda of random, I know, but oh well.

Mut
Thu, 04-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by: Jeff_from_MD
dunno if this has been mentioned already, but one thing that was kind of poignant was the resigned expression on the monkey dude Enma as he finally relinquishes the sword stuck in the Kazekage. He does it the instant the death god's dagger completes the spell with the slice.

you mean the hokage? if you do, then the reason why he was able to pull out the blade out of the third is because orochimaru's hands' souls got cut off therefore orochimaru wasn't able to control the blade no more.

oh, nm then. i was completely off, lol.

Jeff_from_MD
Thu, 04-22-2004, 10:51 PM
oops...duh yea I meant Hokage. But what I meant was Enma didn't even pull out the sword in the end. He just let go of it and the sword remained lodged in the Hokage. And it was b/c he knew the Hokage already sealed his demise once the Death God did his business.

Baka_Desuyo
Fri, 04-23-2004, 12:25 AM
No, Enma didn't leave it in him. Wait, I guess you haven't since 80 then. Oh well, not like it's a major plot piece.