PDA

View Full Version : wtf!! This is so annyoing!! WHY?!?

Soul Fire
Wed, 04-14-2004, 09:49 PM
WTF IS WRONG?! whenever i download one of the naruto series it always has the same error sooner or later! i've wasted a few gigs doing this!!!
IT SAYS : "IOError - [Error - 13] Permission Denied"
WHY!??!?!! THIS IS SO ANNYOING!i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Soul Fire
Wed, 04-14-2004, 09:57 PM
dude it was an accident.
can u answer my question!?!??!!?!??
Please?!?!?!?

Wilik
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:24 PM
All I can say is try a different bittorrent client, there are many out there...

Shad0ws Bittorrent client ( I currently use this one and I dont experience any issues... ) http://bittornado.com/
Azureus ( My friend uses this and it works great for him ) http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

Soul Fire
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Ok thanks for replying =)
Do i have to re d/l the whole thing again?... ='(
O wlel thanks again

Also, i'm on unlim cable and only downloading at 20kb/s - 30kb/s. is this normal? cause i don't have many peers sharing? =/

Wilik
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:35 PM
You just need to redownload the bittorrent client. Then click the link to the torrent you were downloading and save it to the same place as you did before it'll pick up where it left off.

What speed do you upload at?

Let me give you a quick rundown on how tcp/ip works...
tcp/ip requires a certain amount of overhead to transfer the packets back and forth.
Everytime tcp recieves a packet it sends out another packet telling the 'server' that it recieved it and then the 'server' sends another packet. If you max out your upload (speed at which you send out information) then your download (speed at which you recieve information) will decrease. This will cause your download to be about the same as your upload. Best idea is to limit your upload to about 6-10kb under your max upload, which in your case since you are on cable, is about 35-50kb/sec. Both of the clients I posted above allow you to limit your upload.

Soul Fire
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:37 PM
ah ok. my client doesn't let me do anything like that =/.
I upload at around 16kb/s normally. download about 21 and 30 if i'm lucky.
Thanks for the rundown i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Soul Fire
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:43 PM
damn still the same problem =/.
But the good thing is it found all my existing files unlike my other client which only found 79% =/. i'll just download again. *sigh*.
Thanks neways.