PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger Girl episode 04

icypinoy
Tue, 04-13-2004, 06:52 PM
I have attempted to download this file multiple times, but cant seem to get it to work. got it from AonE. All the other episodes work fine except episode 4. The file has worked fine for my other friends as well. Ive downloaded all the lastest DivX codecs, attempted to play with Windows Media Player and Winamp, and still to no avail! audio works fine, but the video is distorted. Green blocks, etc etc. Can anyone help me please T.T;; ??? thanks in advance

Lego
Wed, 04-14-2004, 03:24 AM
Sounds like your file is corrupted. When you said the file worked for your friends, did you send the same file to them?

If you got it off a bot, try a different one, or check the CRC of the current one.

icypinoy
Wed, 04-14-2004, 08:29 PM
well, i have downloaded from bittorrent the pack 1-6...it didnt work. i downloaded straight from my friend...it didnt work. the files worked for him and his other friends each time. it only happens with episode 04. its so strange i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Tachikoma
Sun, 04-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Your problem sounds like your file is trying to use the wrong codec, most likely an XVid one. What you need to do is find a 4CC changer (I can e-mail you one if you want), and tell it to use a different codec. Before now, when I downloaded Gunslinger Girl and Read or Die, they would play okay, but they would run quickly and skip around in order to keep pace with the audio. All I had to do was use the 4CC changer to tell it to use the DivX codec instead of the XVid one it was trying to use.

To start with, what viewer/player are you using - Media Player? Anyway, let me know if you want me to me you this 4CC changer. Another nice tool to have is GSpot (can send that as well). It tells you what compatiable codecs you have on your system for a certain file.

Hope this helps. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif