PDA

View Full Version : episode types

A77ALiSTiC
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:31 PM
i know its a stupid question, but i need to know how many types of episodes are there.. i hear people say that an episode is a filler episode and such? how many are there and what do they mean? and maybe also give an example from Naruto
thnx

complich8
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:31 AM
"filler episodes" are episodes which tend to wander off the main progression of the storyline, to fill space and time and maybe fill out character impressions. Many people have filler episodes because they want the main plot -- while some others love them because they like the character growth thing.

The opposite to filler episodes would be "plot episodes" which forward the overall storyline. These tend to be more focused, and get more done (but that's not always the case).

Naruto doesn't have too many pure filler eps -- it uses more of an inline character development technique. Examples of "filler" would be the stuff between the zazuba arc ending and the chuunin exam beginning, where like they did nothing for an episode, and they wandered around getting "pretested" for an ep, and another ep had another "pretest". For better examples of pure filler, watch some Inuyasha.

as for "how many types" there are .... well, in respect to filler there's either "plot" or "filler" or "some mix of the two" ...

Lego
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:22 AM
I personally like filler episodes, to a EXTENT. For example, if you had a anime that was plot plot plot, it would get boring fast, this is why most like to add a little character development, or just the characters doing something fun.

On the other hand there is inu yasha which is almost ALL filler episodes.