PDA

View Full Version : Browser hangs with quick reply

complich8
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:55 PM
So I'm running mozilla 1.7b on win2k pro, and it works great, both as a mail client and web browser (the two functions I want it to have, coincidentally i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif).

Anyway, it doesn't do this anywhere else, but here on the gotwoot forums, about one time in maybe 10, I'll post a reply in a thread using the "quick reply" feature, and the browser will post the information but then fail to get a reply. Hitting the "post reply" button again will double post (which has happened once, when the behavior first happened, I was using moz 1.4 then). Closing the browser window (and other mozilla windows) works, kind of... but leaves the base mozilla process running in the background, only ending when I end task.

I'm finding this really odd ... the behavior is completely inconsistent, sometimes it does it usually it doesn't, but it's ONLY on this forum, not on the animesuki forums and not on any other websites.

Is anyone else experiencing this sort of thing? I'm wondering if it's a problem in mozilla 1.7b or if other people are experiencing this at all, or on other platforms.

Lego
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:27 AM
Yeh comp, i get the same thing.

Altough not on gotwoot, but other sites, mostly my doujin sites i visit. Mozilla seems to have a problem when it has info to process or a lot of sites open, it has the weird problem of hanging up.

It'll freeze for a minute, then stop.

It happens on other forums also.