PDA

View Full Version : Gamabunta's Henge.

PSJ
Mon, 04-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Why would they change the henge so much? i mean they added 8 tails to the fox, which make it kyubi why would they do that? to spice up the show a little? i think this is a useless little add thingy to make the anime cooler, which it didnt it made it to much. the image of kyubi in chakra form from naruto's fight with haku was enough they could just have kept it as a regular giant fox.

hiddenpookie
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:02 PM
it was the first thing to pop out of naruto minds kinda instinct. it did look pretti badass from frog to fox but u dont have to make a thread about this u can talk about it in the official 78. discussion maybe well get more questions answered in the next episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

hiddenpookie
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:03 PM
it was the first thing to pop out of naruto minds kinda instinct. it did look pretti badass from frog to fox but u dont have to make a thread about this u can talk about it in the official 78. discussion maybe well get more questions answered in the next episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:08 PM
personally, i don't think it's anything big.

Gods_Son
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:35 PM
yea, it wasn't much to get excited about. I think it was just to make the Henge seem more dramatic.

Aegeon
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Actually when I first saw it in the manga I believed that it was the nine-tails. If you look at the two pages where they show Naruto's transformation of Gama-Bunta the fox's tail is somewhat obstructed. Either way the fox and nine-tails basically look exactly the same other than an obvious 9 tails vs. a more discreet one tail.

Superman
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:23 AM
It should have been that way in the manga too. It makes a lot more sense that he would transform into a 9-tailed fox than a normal one. The kyubi is a pretty significant part of Naruto's life. He would obviously think of that first.

When I read the manga, I thought he really did turn into the 9-tailed fox. Not untill looking at these message boards did I see that it was just a normal fox. I went back and checked the manga for myself because I didn't know what anyone was talking about.

PSJ
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:36 AM
i thought it was the nine tails first also, but then i read it again and noticed it was just a normal fox. and they made it dramatic enough in ep 78 they didnt need to put in nine tails instead of a giant fox.

winnydapoo
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:54 AM
The nine tails was an awesome idea IMHO...

Don't expect the anime to follow the manga to a T, if that were the case there would be no point creating an anime at all, might as well just colour the manga.

How do you feel the kyuubi henge had a negative effect on the episode?

Hokage-IV
Tue, 04-13-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
you know what's even more obvious? gamabunta already had the scar on his eye when he was summoned. KUKU

*note: i'm talking about when gama was summoned by the 4th.

kuku, im sorry i hurt your feeling before but are you really that thick? the thread was about manga vs anime, in the manga no gamabunta and 4thhokage like they showed in the anime, like regular fox in manga vs 9ninetails in anime. understand?

Assertn
Tue, 04-13-2004, 07:34 PM
i still dont think you guys should be so sure that the fox henge in the manga had just one tail

Hokage-IV
Tue, 04-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i still dont think you guys should be so sure that the fox henge in the manga had just one tail

proof can hit you in the face and you wouldnt know.

1) there was visual proof
2) agenda?: the demon is called nine tails for a reason and the nine tails is its trademark but they would rather perfectly aligned all 8 tails to hide it.

all reference? only 2pictures lol , thickness of the tail? lol Fox and 9ninetails are different creaturs , do you know how thick a regular fox tail is? Badger has a thick tail , so it cant be just one tail .They must be perfectly aligned in the y-axis .

your just reaching ....kukuku..

Assertn
Tue, 04-13-2004, 08:17 PM
why dont you take a closer look at the tail in page 18.......the thickness where it attaches to his body is greater than the thickness you see of the tail as it curves past the kanji.....sorry if the proof that smacks me is more accurate than the kind that's been beating the crap out of you for the past half of a week, but its ok, you're just trying to find an argument that you can win at.....kukuku

in any case, i think the people who are REALLY reaching are those who insist on bringing up this 1 tail fox deal.....im sure the creators know what they are doing.......

Hokage-IV
Tue, 04-13-2004, 08:49 PM
"you're just trying to find an argument that you can win at"

so u think i'm winning?lol ill be nice ,you can have it

Assertn
Tue, 04-13-2004, 09:29 PM
aww, how thoughtful of you i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

XwingRob
Wed, 04-14-2004, 02:54 AM
Hmm...I haven't watch the episode yet but I have read the manga chapter in question.
I think the reason why that henge fox only had one tail was so that Sasuke would not see a Kyuubi henge. In the manga...Sasuke would have just thought it was the frog under Naruto's command transforming into a regular fox. But now, in the anime, Sasuke is seeing a frog under Naruto's command transforming into the Kyuubi form and you think Sasuke would wonder how Naruto knew what Kyuubi looked like. As we know, to the most recent chapter, Sasuke and Sakura are still not aware of Kyuubi being inside of Naruto. Sasuke seeing a henge Kyuubi would make him suspicious of Naruto, wouldn't it?
I don't know, that's what i think.

Terracosmo
Wed, 04-14-2004, 03:00 AM
XwingRob:
I doubt that Sasuke / Sakura don't know about Naruto's inner demon since the whole bloody village does.
Other than that I agree fully with you.

The others:
STOP DOING KUKU!!!!!!!!!!!!

XwingRob
Wed, 04-14-2004, 03:15 AM
No, I think the 3rd made it a rule for the adults(or the generation that fought the Kyuubi) to not tell about Naruto's situation to their children.
So Sasuke, Sakura and all the other 13 years old should not know about Kyuubi.
Also, you think Sasuke and Sakura would be like: "Oh its the kyuubi!!" whenever Naruto went super powerful. In the forest chapter when they encountered Oro, they were amazed at Naruto's power.
So, I don't think Sasuke and Sakura know about Kyubbi.(I do think that Sasuke is gonna find out real...real soon though)

Terracosmo
Wed, 04-14-2004, 06:32 AM
Then how come all the kids shun Naruto in the first few episodes, saying things like "Oh it's that kid with the..."?
Seems some of the adults broke that promise.

Vagabond
Wed, 04-14-2004, 06:40 AM
Nah i think the kids were just copying their parents behavior.
The parents could've told their kids naruto was a bad influence or something.

I think the 3rd explains it in one of the episodes.

Uberbaka
Wed, 04-14-2004, 06:50 AM
Racist parents pass on their racism to their children. It happens in the real life, why not in the anime? Naturally sasuke/sakura don't know, why the hell would Sasuke be so impressed/confused all the time?

Elessar
Wed, 04-14-2004, 07:30 AM
The "best" proof is Sasuke's mumbling when Naruto starts his fight against Gaara and he goes like "that is Naruto? When did he..?"
He wouldn't react that way if he knew about Naruto's secret.
Seems he did not hear Oro in the forest saying " so the nine tails brat is still alive"

Zilka
Wed, 04-14-2004, 09:02 AM
That's true I dont think that Sasuke knew about Narutos secret, as he was so amazed about what naruto could do..

------------------------------
You can be strong but true strenght comes from your spirit.

EpoC
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:14 AM
I wonder why someone would open such a stupid thread.
jeez, just let it be ffs. he transformed into a fox and so what.

XwingRob
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by: Vagabond
Nah i think the kids were just copying their parents behavior.
The parents could've told their kids naruto was a bad influence or something.

I think the 3rd explains it in one of the episodes.

Yeah your right.
Quote from Chapter 2
Third: "As you know...The only people that know that Naruto is the demon fox were the adults that fought it 12 years ago, and I have severely punished those who broken that rule. So the children don't know the truth..."
And a page later
Third: "Not only that but because of their(the parents) attitude towards him(Naruto), its passed down to the unknowing children as well."

So yeah, no one but the adults know the truth about Naruto. I'm sorta curious if people are gonna start talking about it though, since the 3rd is dead. Maybe special rules set up by Hokages last even after death?