PDA

View Full Version : 9tails vs 1tail

Hokage-IV
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:26 PM
In the manga, gamabunta henge intoa fox that has only one tail+ Naruto's vision(will), so it is possible gama doesnt know what he henge into . But I wonder after changing into 9tails in the anime contradicts that he doesnt know, granted he cant see himself but its quite illogical if he can utilize nine tails and ninetail is the trademark of that youma that possibly gave him that fat scar over his eye. And the saying is , scar symbolize a grudge or, and, rememberance.

Karasu
Mon, 04-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Im not really sure what you mean i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. But isnt it Naruto who decides what the henge will be only that it's applied to Buntaman?. Dont know about the manga. Maby Kishimoto wanted to even more bring out the "epical" feeling between Gaara and Naruto beeing what they are.

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
why am i not surprised that YOU were the originator of the 9tails vs 1tail topic.....ah well at least its a different discussion regarding it

gamabunta had no control over the henge itself, he just provided the chakra for naruto to create the combined henge....and i still think its possible that the one in the manga had 9 tails too.....its hard to tell cause the tails are very motion-y and they couldve just been closer together in the frames that they show it

although maybe this should be in open discussion if you want to make comparisons to the manga

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:32 PM
it doesn't really matter. 9 tails or 1 tail. the fact is that naruto 'knows' he's got a fox in him.

Hokage-IV
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
why am i not surprised that YOU were the originator of the 9tails vs 1tail topic.....ah well at least its a different discussion regarding it

gamabunta had no control over the henge itself, he just provided the chakra for naruto to create the combined henge....and i still think its possible that the one in the manga had 9 tails too.....its hard to tell cause the tails are very motion-y and they couldve just been closer together in the frames that they show it

although maybe this should be in open discussion if you want to make comparisons to the manga

i like to talk about that stimulates my mind, not dwell in which i perceive obvious topics and questions.kuku...

It is very possible that Gama didnt know in the manga. But in the anime its different, intially its possible he wasnt aware what he henge into but once he can feel the nine tails behind him, its a dead giveaway. Afterall whos body that transform? Naruto is in there somewhere but mostly Gamabunta's body that transforms.

"and i still think its possible that the one in the manga had 9 tails too .....its hard to tell cause the tails are very motion-y and they couldve just been closer together in the frames that they "

the y axis theory is a solid theory but no in this case , chp 135 pg18 cant be more precise.

So what is the point? Did they just randomly chose one tail in the manga? or was there a reason? I believe there was a reason but in anime they favored the reaction of common viewers(bigger market) over the lapse of contradiction to intellectually sound viewers(smaller market) .

Hokage-IV
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
it doesn't really matter. 9 tails or 1 tail. the fact is that naruto 'knows' he's got a fox in him.

thankyou for stating the obvious, but the post isnt referring to Naruto. kuku..

lasaire
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Well, Gamabunta may very well be the ONLY person that actually witnessed how the Fourth specifically sealed the Kyuubi.

After all, the anime and manga show the Fourth standing on Gamabunta's head, a brief, bright flash of light, and then Naruto as an infant with the seal on his belly. So, Gamabunta was possibly the only true witness to what happened, as no one is shown on his head with the Fourth, and all the surrounding ninja are scattered around in the trees and on the ground, in various wounded states.

I would imagine, then, that Gamabunta was aware from the beginning that Naruto was the Kyuubi's host.

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:27 PM
you know what's even more obvious? gamabunta already had the scar on his eye when he was summoned. KUKU

*note: i'm talking about when gama was summoned by the 4th.

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:41 PM
wow....how did i know you'd make some crack about the "motion-y" word i made.....oh and you shouldnt double post like that, its a bad habit to spread i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

i fail to see how chapter 135 pg 18 is solid enough proof of there being 1 tail.....from what they show in EVERY reference of the 9 tails, the tails are spread out most of the time, and so it would be highly pheasible for most of them to spread out beyond the frame....it makes perfect sense for there not to be more than 1 tail curved down into the picture like that.....the big kanji covers the point where the tails attach to his body, so you cant really see whether its just one or more......but judging by the thickness of the tail at the point where it connects leads me to believe that that cant just be 1

kuku.....lol touche Mut@t@ i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Tue, 04-13-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
i fail to see how chapter 135 pg 18 is solid enough proof of there being 1 tail.....from what they show in EVERY reference of the 9 tails, the tails are spread out most of the time, and so it would be highly pheasible for most of them to spread out beyond the frame....it makes perfect sense for there not to be more than 1 tail curved down into the picture like that.....the big kanji covers the point where the tails attach to his body, so you cant really see whether its just one or more[/IMG]

My theory is that Korean labour is cheaper than Japanese. So, they can afford to have more tails in the anime than in the manga.
Anyhow, I think Naruto was right in making a nine tails henge. It's scarier.
In any case, for me it's kinda weird, to say the least, to be arguing about the number of tails of the kyuubi. The fox in the manga has one tail and the fox in the anime has nine. Both did what they had to do.
If we get the point that it was Naruto and Gama-Bunta henged tpgether, and not the actual kyuubi who took over Naruto, both foxes accomplished their purpose.
Then again, why I am in a thread that I consider weird? Darn, I am so irrational some times...

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 04-13-2004, 12:24 AM
in the manga it only has one tail but in the anime kishimoto just made it into a nine-tails so there woudld be more suspense and have us juiced to see the next eps, well thats just wut i think

Krbadass
Tue, 04-13-2004, 12:42 AM
We don't compare the manga to the anime here, make this in open discussion. Thanks. locked