PDA

View Full Version : Music Videos - the making of

lasaire
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Well, I recently got the motivation to make myself an AMV. I've edited video enough to be fairly comfortable, but have never actually applied it to this kind of format before.

First of all, I'm having issues with Premier really hating using divx clips....won't preview, or export the video, and seeing as timing the video with the music is the entire POINT, this becomes a big deal.

Does anyone know how to get around this, and/or use some other video editing program to make AMV's with?

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 04-11-2004, 03:06 AM
Umm.... dont know if this is any help, but u could try using windows movie maker, ive been using that to make most of the amv's that i have on my HD

SideLabel
Sun, 04-11-2004, 03:35 AM
The best tool that I know off is Adobe Premiere. It is a pain in the ass if you think of level of difficulty, but it is a kick-ass tool. I used it for a while, and man, you can do some sweet stuff on that thing. If you don't have qualms about spending many hours learning the program, go with Premiere.

Rek
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:36 PM
... BSplayer is a nice media player that allows you to easily copy video segments... I had to use it for a small project also....

But it is a media player, so if you like divx, make sure BS dun take any of the defaults from it :-)

lasaire
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:52 PM
SideLabel, I've BEEN using Premier, I have experience with it, but it really hates the divx .avi's that I'm cutting from.

It won't preview at all, not even if I render the work area. This makes trying to time cuts to the music extremely difficult.

brios
Tue, 04-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Have you tried changing the divx files to mpeg2 before using them?