PDA

View Full Version : Naruto DVD's

saeadeb
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:22 AM
Hey, Newbie here. Sorry if this has been brought up a few million times, humor me please! I was wondering if the translations or quality were any diffrent in the diffrent DVD packages you can get of Naruto. I already bought the 1-25 DVD pack and the quality is fine but the translations are sub-par. Thanks for any help!

Tass
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:26 AM
how much was it? im interested in getting naruto in DVD also...but good translations would be great...

saeadeb
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:35 AM
I saw it for cheaper somewhere, but it was 29.99 and 5 bucks shipping where I got it. I typed in Naruto DVD's in yahoo to find it.

Tass
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:40 AM
wow!! thats expensive! =( i better watch your thread to see if anyone makes any suggestions about a good translated one before i pick. money doesnt grow on trees after all! =)

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:58 AM
as far as i know.....the only official naruto dvds dont have english subtitles.....
the rest of them are chinese bootlegs that LOOK very official, but arent.....and then you end up with horrible translations

Gods_Son
Sun, 04-11-2004, 03:05 AM
Those 3 DVD sets with around 26 episodes on them are all bootleg as far as I know. The english subbing on those is far worse than the fansubbing you can find for Naruto. Your better off waiting for an official subbed release, or just watching the show on your computer.

saeadeb
Sun, 04-11-2004, 03:10 AM
sounds about right, there's also a chinese sub option on the dvd's. That sucks. I can only imagine what they're going to cost when they're officially released here.

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 03:14 AM
i think the only official subbed releases will be the ones that come from the company that ends up licensing naruto
but even then, they might not translate everything the same way that some of the fansubs do, and then it'll feel all......awkward...

TheRaider
Sun, 04-11-2004, 06:49 AM
i agree with u.. i hope they will be avaliable here in portugal.. since i dindt found anything decent yet i decided to make my own dvd's.. seven eps each dvd.. i used the beggining of the eps as the menu background (animated of course) and a traditional japonese buttons for the chapters.. it turned out quite nice..

Rek
Sun, 04-11-2004, 10:24 PM
...you can make your own dvd's?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Yeah, its a huge pain in the ass though. Takes the right hardware, and the right software, and then quite a bit of work running the .avi's you get from bittorrent through like 3 programs to get DVDs from them that run in a normal player.

Kumiriko
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Hong kong sub. Loads of engrish. i have from the first eps of the Forest of death to uhh somewhere in the elemination matches. they are bareable. I hope when they do Licence and release it here they look towards the better fansub groups for makeing there jobs easy

Rek
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:36 AM
so would it be easier to get a region free DvD player/ AvI player for 100 bucks?