PDA

View Full Version : Super slow

resolgamer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Hi, I'm new to BitTorrent and I'm having some trouble. I looked at a couple of posts about slow downloads and that what my problem is. I would like to speed it up in any way I can, I saw someone talking aobut raising my upload rate for faster download, I would do that if I knew how... asome help with that is apprecaited. Also something was emntioned about something called 'Shadow'. Could someone give me some info on that also. Thanks alot (also don't flame me because I don't know f I shouldn't be posting this here but is there a way I could download it with something other than BitTorrent, like a website where I can download it with something like DAP?)

NM
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Well first, Shadow is a different version of Bit Torrent. I use it and it hasn't been a problem at all. To get it, go here: http://bittornado.com/
Now your problem is that you want your downloads to go faster. No problem. First, get the Shadow version. Then, route the ports it uses through your firewall. Boom, thats about it. Now go find what anime you want and enjoy. There are other versions of Bit Torrent available but I personally prefer Shadow. Also, just leave the upload rate alone. I normally keep my upload rate at what its set to and my downloads still go fast. If you leave your download going, after 5 minutes or so, your download rate will speed up so dont worry. You can change your upload settings to try and see if it will go even faster but like I said, I leave it alone.

When you install Shadow and route it through your firewall, start looking for what anime you want. When you click on the torrent, your BT opens up and it will let you choose where you want your downloads to be saved so do that. Then your download will start. When your BT opens up, you'll be able to figure out how to configure your upload rate. Hope that helps you man.

resolgamer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 08:02 PM
How do I route it through my firewall?

NM
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Get to your router configurations. Then you should see something like Inbound Ports and Private Ports and also Private IP Address. One of Shadow Bit Torrents ports is 6881 (I think, check Shadow and see). So under Inbound Port, type this in: 6881-6881. Type the 6881 both times. Then do the same thing under private ports as well, type 6881-6881. And also put in your IP address under the appropriate column. So keep doing the same thing over and over. So after 6881 you would do 6882-6882, so on and so forth. But make sure you check which ports Shadow uses.

resolgamer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I have a HUB...

resolgamer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Nevermind, I found it.

resolgamer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Bah, I'll just wait the 100+ hours for it to complete... this stuff is confusing my, I have a Linksys thing and the whol thing confuses the hell outta me.

NM
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by: resolgamer
Nevermind, I found it.

What did you find? Also, there is a way to shorten the time for your downloads. Dont wait 100 or more hours just for 1 or 10 episodes! Do this and tell me what happens: If you downloaded the Shadow version, click on a torrent that you want and save it to wherever, then give it some time and when it starts to download, there will be a color. Tell me what that color is. If the color of it is Green, then your fine! So do that and tell me. If your giving up on BT, then your best bet is to direct download the animes you want. Also, just to let you know, try not to double post all the time. The mods dont like it.

resolgamer
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:10 PM
The color is yellow, I'm downloading 11-20 I got lucky with 1-10 and it finished up over night but I've been downloading 11-20 for around 25 hours so far

caset
Tue, 04-13-2004, 06:26 PM
The LED may be in one of six states.

Black - Waiting to connect to the tracker.

Red - The downloader had been unable to connect to any other clients.

Yellow - The downloader has not received any incoming connections.

Blue - There are no complete copies of the file you are downloaded among the clients you are currently connected to.

Green - The torrent is downloading correctly.