PDA

View Full Version : Grave of the Fireflies

ad4mz41
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Man this movie was sad i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. It's pretty old but I just watched it recently. I think what made this movie sad is how real it could have been. A boy and his little brother struggling over a era of war to live.

*******SPOILERS***********

I dont get how come the older brother didn't stay with the lady that fed him and took him in the beginning. I think if he was to watch in the best interest of his brother, they would have still been healthy.

****** END ***********

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Hey hey lets not give bits of the plot away I've still not seen it yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

It was based on the writers actual childhood and the situation in which he and people around him lived in, but dramatised (he didn't suffer quite as much as the characters did etc) according to what I read...so much of what is apparently in the movie/manga is actually based on fact...

Thats next on the list of stuff I have to watch i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ad4mz41
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Haha I'm very sorry. I just assumed everyone's already seen it (besides me) since it is a very old and good movie. I'm going to edit some of the little plot pieces out. And for the facts about it being part of the author's life, very interesting. I never knew that.

jamoogabooga
Sat, 04-10-2004, 03:15 PM
hey, where did u find grave of the firefiles?...plz post url or site..(anything other than irc)

ad4mz41
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:52 PM
First of all its licenced so I don't think anyone would set it up for download on BT or IRC. Another thing, it's a really old movie so a lot of people probably already have seen it meaning theres no need to distribute it anymore. I would try Kazaa although the download there might go a little slow.

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Personally I got it off ebay...it was only £3 so I ordered it (I think there is a topic somewhere on here where I was asking where it was - nobody seemed to know so I just bought it)

Munsu
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:13 PM
I suggest you check suprnova and boxtorrents... dont know if they have it...

me personally got it off a fserver in the psychlo-anime channel

Neko Sniper
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:38 PM
I got mine from tv. They showed it here a few times already. It's nice and sad. It's different in many ways but a real master piece. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

masamuneehs
Thu, 02-09-2006, 05:18 PM
If you don't know about this movie then you are missing out. Grave of the Fireflies is one of the best anime movies ever. It is both beautiful and sad, really a masterpiece. For those who haven't seen it, I recommend getting a version with subtitles. This is one of the few anime products that I've actually paid to own. (The English dub is pretty good, but some of the VAs didn't really fit the character, so I thought).

Anyhow, the point of this post is to let you know that there is something out now called "Grave of the Fireflies: Live Action Special." Well, I don't know if that means it's not anime, but since it's obviously connected to an anime I'm posting it here in this topic.

The group that subbed it is PTP, no idea who they are...

Grave of the Fireflies - Live Action Special - Subbed by PTP (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/%5BPTP%5DGrave%20of%20the%20Fireflies%20%28Live%20 Action%29.torrent)

Kraco
Thu, 02-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Hmm... I wonder what this live action flick is. Grave of the Fireflies indeed is a remarkable movie. I also have it on DVD. It was one of the first anime dvds I bought, as a matter of fact.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 02-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Very tragic movie full of heartbreak. Very well done though. I got mine from a torrent somewhere, hard to believe people are having difficulty finding it.

2:25
Thu, 02-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I got it off Kazza a long time ago.
I'm checking if I still have it. If I do, I can always send it to you, but it might take awhile.

edit: Just checked. I don't have it anymore. Sorry :<

Psyke
Thu, 02-09-2006, 11:57 PM
I noticed the live action version of this movie last week in stores. It stars Matsushima Nanako, a very popular Japanese actress. You may remember her from the cult horror flick "The Ring". For me I've yet to see the original yet, but hopefully that's gonna change soon.

Terracosmo
Fri, 02-10-2006, 12:02 AM
I could have sworn there already was a topic for this movie.

Anyway, it remains one of the few movies which actually made me cry (as opposed to the usual get-a-little-teary-eyed).

SO SAD!

Honoko
Fri, 02-10-2006, 12:14 AM
man, this thing was so depressing, it took me two attempts to watch it straight through. the first time i think i stopped after 15 minutes, i couldn't take it.

Kraco
Fri, 02-10-2006, 05:48 AM
No seeders for the live action version masamuneehs posted, and the cap at ~23%. I get a Basilisk deja vu here...

KoKo37
Fri, 02-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
I could have sworn there already was a topic for this movie.

Well the first post of this thread was made in 09/15/2003 and someone just bumped it.
Anyways judging from what you guys said this movie is extremely good, so I'l give it a shot my other two things are done downloading i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

Also heres a Duel Audio Torrent of Grave of the Fireflies (http://ts.searching.com/torrent/252239/Grave_of_the_Fireflies_Dual_Audio), I'm not sure if it has subs, but im guessing it does.

Kraco
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Masamuneehs, did you succeed in downloading the live action flick when you made your initial post? If you did, could you seed it? It looks like no seeders are appearing, and the download is really slow.

masamuneehs
Fri, 02-10-2006, 01:59 PM
lol, i have no desire to watch the live action, as the anime movie is all i'll ever need... so i never even DLed it.
Just posted the link here because I thought some people might be interested. Sorry that there's no seeders...

darkmetal505
Sat, 02-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by: Kraco
Masamuneehs, did you succeed in downloading the live action flick when you made your initial post? If you did, could you seed it? It looks like no seeders are appearing, and the download is really slow.

theres enough seeders now. I downloaded it and it is acted out, but i dont know how different it is fromt the anime version.

Kraco
Sat, 02-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Heh. Yeah, since there were a few hundred people with 99.4% at some point, a little later there were suddenly not zero seeders but a few hundred seeders. Well, half of them have are gone by now, but many remain. I got the dl hours ago, and now I'm only trying to get the ratio better. But it doesn't look like many people would want to get their bytes from me... A damn reversed situation...

Kraco
Sun, 02-19-2006, 06:41 PM
I finally watched the live action version, and I have to say I liked it. It was a bit different compared to the anime, but not greatly. Maybe the message was written more forcefully through it. Aside from the end credits I have little to complain about (you'll understand if you watch it). It was the same story, and still very sad. Not wasted time at all.