PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 212

Natsumi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Translated by Bakafish. Enjoy!!!

Mirror 1 (http://bakakage.househyuuga.tk/BAKAFISH_Naruto_chapter_212.zip)
Mirror 2 (http://194.237.253.18/claes/blah/BAKAFISH_Naruto_chapter_212.zip)
Mirror 3 (http://www.filmboogie.com/downloads/BAKAFISH_Naruto_chapter_212.zip)
Mirror 4 (http://www.streamload.com/Deliver/Deliver.asp?cxInstID=34607626&nodeID=77997620&acti on=2&isDelivery=true&forceSaveAs=true&returnPage=h ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Estreamload%2Ecom%2FNodes%2FNode% 2Easp%3FcxInstID%3D34607626%26nodeID%3D974468493)

Lenas
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Sand allied with the Leaf. I think the story is about to get a bit better from now on.

Ultimate_An_eq_42
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Good, very nice quality. But is the title really "Pinch, Pinch, Pinch"?
Or
Do they mean, "Pinch" as in "they are in a pinch"?

lasaire
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:39 PM
The translation seems fairly good, but the image compression quality is pretty low -- it looses alot of the screentones and other shadings of gray.

Edit, oh, and the title in Japanese really is "Pinch, Pinch, Pinch" but it might be more accurately translated to be "They're in a huge pinch." Just one of the anacronysms of japanese-english translation.

Oh, and Ultimate, I already PMed you about your signature. No ifs, ands or buts, FIX IT!

Natsumi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:55 PM
^__^ Our quality is not as good as INANE's beceause we are trying to get it out as fast as possbile.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Well, one thing is for sure. There was some doubt about the three of them being siblings. But if the translation is right, they are. So, now, both in the manga and the anime it has been stated that they're related.
We will never know how the Kazekage died, but that's something about the Sand that know we know for sure.
And you may now ask, who cares? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
And great job Natsumi... really fast.

Ultimate_An_eq_42
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Ok I fixed my sig, but I didn't get your PM, since I don't know how to access it. (I am a n00b on the new forum)

Natsumi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama
Well, one thing is for sure. There was some doubt about the three of them being siblings. But if the translation is right, they are. So, now, both in the manga and the anime it has been stated that they're related.
We will never know how the Kazekage died, but that's something about the Sand that know we know for sure.
And you may now ask, who cares? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
And great job Nazuki... really fast.

O.O My name is Natsumi, not Nazuki......

lasaire
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Look in the top left corner of every page...when you get a PM it'll say you have an unread message.

Natsumi, I would think that the image compression quality would have more to do with the original scan than with your translation, unless you adjusted it a great deal when you added the tranlsation.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:43 PM
That was an excellent chapter. I really didn't think that the sand Genins would come to help, but I was wrong. There's something I don't say often.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:55 PM
The title is correct - Pinch, pinch, pinch.... in japanese, "Pinchi, pinchi, pinchi!"

sangai
Sat, 04-10-2004, 12:15 AM
nice job, thank you for spending time on this but

damn ive grown accustomed to the colored pages that inane does.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-10-2004, 12:20 AM
O.O My name is Natsumi, not Nazuki......

Fixed.
My apologies, Natsumi-san. I am on dial-up, and posting anything is painfully slow. So, I guessed (wrong) your name.
It's going to be the week, from hell, working with dial up.
And I won't even see Naruto for a few days, since I cannot afford to tax my landline with 113 hours of non-stop use.
Anyway, that's not exactly a good excuse, but that's what is happening.

And Winged Dancer, Orichimaru's country is also called Sound.
http://www.narutoinfo.com/index.php?section=naruto%20world&content=naruto%20 geography
I checked in this site.

ad4mz41
Sat, 04-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Yeah here comes Gaara to kick some Kimimaro ass! That would be cool if Gaara could make a platform of sand and fly around like Magneto.

Hotsuma
Sat, 04-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Thanks a lot, Natsumi! What matters is that you guys got the job done. And, that's way awesome. Keep up the good work!

And this chapter fucking kicks ass. I'm damn glad that Gaara, Temari and Kankuro appeared suddenly. It was random, but who gives a damn? This tells me that Tsunade, at least, isn't sitting on her hand as Hokage.

And, Gaara as a good guy.. This is almost too good to be true.

sangai
Sat, 04-10-2004, 12:52 AM
well i think we know where gai was running from, he ran to the sand country to get help.

i dunno how she would have told the sound nins so fast. but i dunno there may have been other things factoring in.

ad4mz41
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Wow can't wait till things get cleared up a little better. The plot is getting really good. It's cool seeing Rock Lee and Gaara fighting beside each other this time instead of against each other.

ech3lon
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:36 PM
i like gaara's new outfit........

hahaha i hope because of kimimaro pull back his bone and there are some sands taken within and gaara manipulate the sands inside kimimaro's body and kimimaro will exploded..... hahah goreeeeeeeeee......

sangai
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:38 PM
anyone find it odd how gaara made a pillow of sand to cushion lees fall, remember this is they guy that gaara tried to kill almost a month ago.

Strider
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Only because I am interested in seeing what Kimimaro can truly do, that I have desire of seeing Rock Lee and Gaara fight together. Otherwise, I would be all for Rock Lee letting Gaara die .. then, continuing with his own one-vs-one battle.

The plot is getting decent, but honestly .. it is also getting too overwhelmed. Too many great characters, main and supporting, with so much going on with each and every one of them that one chapter cannot divulge enough. But, damnit .. I'm an avid fan, so it is not like I'm going to stop reading. I'll take what I can get, and crave for the next chapter like the rest of us ..

Who owns you? Rock Lee, of course ..

Ninja vanish!

ech3lon
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:46 PM
dont let gaara die!!!!!!!!! he is one of my fave character.........

Strider
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:58 PM
No, no .. I doubt it would happen. Gaara dying, that is. Besides .. Having a liked character (amazingly, I'm still talking about Gaara) die right after returning from such a lengthy hiatus would be really unbelievably pointless.

.. I was just saying to let Gaara die to present my general dislike of the Genin. Sorry for the scare.

Ninja vanish.

Insomniac
Sat, 04-10-2004, 03:17 PM
i think theres something you guys dont realize and that is the fact that more genins showing up means the fights will continue for longer rather then just resolving with a winner.
prepare for more stupid long fights with no clear winner for 5 chapters!

hurray for the sand who completely screw up the pace of the story huzzah!

right when it looked like it was near ending too.

Strider
Sat, 04-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Near ending .. ? At the route the battles were going, the entire Konoha squad [and Lee] were going to die. The remaining Sound would have congregated to Sasuke's location, or Orochimaru. Naruto probably would have been ganged up on. Possibly killed, or angered to the point of the Kyuubi killing everyone. .. Not quite the ending to the story arc I would have been looking for.

Ninja vanish.

Destroyor
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Well, almost everyone show up, could Itachi be far away? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ok it looks like Kishimoto just want to tie all the loose ends up all at once regretless how abrupt and awkward it would be.

Not that I don't enjoy watching Lee fight and looking forward to the upcoming sand+leaf genin fight.

All flash and no plot .... Naruto.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean there's no plot. There is obviously motive for the actions of the characters currently engaged .. even if it is self-serving by Kishimoto's possible effort to conclude this arc or perhaps the entire series.

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Hopefully the sand people will help give the fights a quicker ending, instead of making them even longer.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Came to think Gaara turning good actually sucks.
I loved him when he was a bad guy. Darn, he really scared me...totally unpredictable...as in when he almost killed Kiba and co, for no good reason at all. Gawds... I felt like *I* was there watching and waiting to be killed. No freaking way out.
Now, he can't kill everybody as he usually did. Moral restrains suck.
Bad guys are far more interesting than the good ones, since they can do as they please. In this case, though Oro is too boring, Kisame is too disgusting, Itachi is too much of a psycho, Kabuto is too much of a jerk and Sasuke is too annoying.
Gaara was the only decent villain. He had no hidden purpose behind his actions, or was obsessed with reaching a goal. He was already there, and whas happy with what he was.
He was a well-balanced character, where all the qualities were in their right amounts, almost attaining a state of perfect evil. There was beauty when he lost his self and gave himself whole to evil. Evil for evil's sake... Evil in his supreme irrationality. Now, he has to learn to control his inner demon.
And that's just boring.

SDShamshel
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Oh, Gaara will be killing people all right.

He's a NINJA.

Neji didn't have issues causing internal damage to Kidoumaru and then leaving him for dead.

Chouji didn't have issues with SUPAAA PUNCHing Jiroubou.

He'll just be crushing people's spines FOR GOOD!

Cryogen476
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:41 PM
how many puppets does Kakuro have? it looks like he has 2 i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

sangai
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:49 PM
yeah in that image he has two, looks like he finally got a new one, i think the one he is using is his first kurasu.

EpoC
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:50 PM
I think he only have one. He is always carrying one on his back.
BUt who knows he maybe got a vodoo doll hidden somwhere.

Great chapter and Bakafish did it well, although I missed the colored pages that inane always had.

sangai
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:54 PM
well i hope inane doesn't think that they can just stop because some one else did the translation. by far inane is the best, greatest. and should continue doing a great job.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Jesus people!!! When there's a lot of plot exposition and the mangaka actually takes his time to explain stuff, you complain its boring!!

When the mangaka decides to make it all action and excitement, you complain there's no plot!!

I know that these one on one battle are getting tired, but is there any small chance that you might stop complaining for once?

Kumiriko
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:00 PM
OMFG OMFG OMFG

i know i dint read it all. but with this. i thin they are there because of oro. he killed there kagi. this will not do. they were manipulated to fight agest an ally that apperd to be weaker and were Beat bad. So form an allince anew. Garaa probly went thought alot after learning he can lose. and lose bad. everyone who comes in contact with naruto usally changes for the better

Mut
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:07 PM
did you guys really have to make me do this?
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/two.jpg
notice the two sets of hair and the strap he is holding onto.

Legendary Nin
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Who says Gaara is good? He could be fighting for his desire of blood,I mean look at it.This guy gets the offer of a life time,to consume the blood of an ancient and powerful bloodline,he's probably still fighting for himself,just doing a favor in return.

KakashiSensei
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:57 PM
I honestly thought that Garaa would turn to be a good guy. At the end of his fight with Naruto, he couldn't believe he lost but a bigger shock was that Temari was taking him to safety and that he shouldn't worry, she would take care of him(or something like that) And having someone show compassion and care for him is all Garaa really needed.

makkura
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:14 PM
by the way the inane version is out.

and the last page is colored AND IT KICKS ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: woops ! someone already said it was out. oh well.

KICK ASS !!!!!!!!!!!

originalkrn
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:42 PM
OMG that was soo badass! hahaha damn the sand.. saving the day haha

Arctyc
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by: Legendary Nin
Who says Gaara is good? He could be fighting for his desire of blood,I mean look at it.This guy gets the offer of a life time,to consume the blood of an ancient and powerful bloodline,he's probably still fighting for himself,just doing a favor in return.

The implication is that after Gaara's encounter and loss to Naruto, he finally gets a little sense knocked into him. The quote is, I believe...

"Will I... ever love?"

At which point he thanks his teammates as they drag him off the field of battle; an unprecedented activity for him.

Raven
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Ok this is a duplicate thread, so I'm locking it. Go post in the official 212 thread.