View Full Version : Official 212 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Pages : [1] 2

The Troublesome One
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:17 AM
www.narutoex.com

Enjoy!!!!!

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:20 AM
If that's true, that is a masssssive twist i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I think the plot has enough mania to resolve as it is, but I won't complain either way! Would be nice to see Gaara back in action. I can take or leave the other 2, although Temari is cute in some fan art i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

itachi_
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Wow wow i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif have they turned to the good side, deserted the dark-side of sand?

Wait a minute, where did you get that information, source please?

JTD121
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:25 AM
I doubt that will happen...However...I'll just have to wait until it's officially released to find out I guess.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

The Troublesome One
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by: itachi_
Wow wow i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif have they turned to the good side, deserted the dark-side of sand?

Wait a minute, where did you get that information, source please?

Am I allowed to link to other forums?

Mystic_X
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:35 AM
OMG the new outfits of Temari and Gaara kook awesome.
I hope it is true because I predicted that the followers where gaara and his gang i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

itachi_
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:40 AM
YEAH!

Gaara, Kankouro, Temari showed up and prolly will help them, man this is so unpredictable! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Vagabond
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:53 AM
hm ok so they were who kiba was smelling. Cool plot twist. I wonder how lee is gonna react to gaara...

Death BOO Z
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Nice chapter... gaara and Co. are back in action.. too bad they couldn't come a few mintues later, after Kiba is dead...

anyway, Kimimaru's blood seems to be diffrent version of gaara's sand (another similirity that Kishimoto loves using), i guess Gaara's going to be the one who kicks his ass and not Lee, though i'd like to see a good reasoning for them to save the genins...

Sakon (and me) was again denied from the plesure of ending Dogboy's poor excuse of a life, But i seriously doubt that Kankaru (and his doll Karasu) are any match to Sakon ('GO SAKON GO!"), becuase Sakon (not UKon) wasn't injured yet (he lost some chackra, but i don't think he'll let that stop him), while Kiba seems to given up on his survival chance (seeing how he didn't try to defend himself) and Kanakaru is just a guy who likes to wear make-up and play with dolls.

NOTE: All assumeptions about Kiba's fate are biased, since the writer (me) really hates Kiba.

Temari's air gust is suprinsigly effective, considering the previous ones, who didn't do anything (altough they worked on TenTen, maybe those gusts are weak enough that they only hurt girls), but i don't really mind that, since we all knew Shikamaru won't die, i just hope we see that Tayuya has another trick up her sleeve.

Note: the writer (me) is a shobenistic male pig.

other than that, i'm looking forward to inane's transelation and coloring!

Gods_Son
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:11 PM
This ends all the questioning of whether we will see Gaara again or not. Some people thought Shika and Temari would get together also, I guess they might end up being right. I just hope Sakura and Ino don't come and join the fight as well.

v most people thought the fight with Naruto would help bring him to the light, maybe we'll see a flashback about it v

itachi_
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:14 PM
I wonder if Gaara is as evil as before because this aint logical, "I fight only for myself, I love only myself", and now it seems like he'll help Lee, WHY?

Maybe he has betrayed the darkness and turned to the light i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Lenas
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:16 PM
HOLY SHIT NO WAY.

Beautiful Green Beast
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:22 PM
omg, that was the most unexpected thing in naruto ever...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z

NOTE: All assumeptions about Kiba's fate are biased, since the writer (me) really hates Kiba.

Note: the writer (me) is a shobenistic male pig.

Just curious, why you hate Kiba so much?
And if you don't mind my correction, it's chauvinistic. From the French Chavin, name of a very chauvinistic guy from the 19th century, and originally meaning ultra-nationalism...

chaos4ever4
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Wow. Bravo to the guy who called that Gaara, et. al. making another appearance.

Two of the pairups are absolute ironies.

1> Lee and Gara
2> Shikamaru and Tamari

since they fought against each other. hopefully they'll all team up to fight the remaining sound. Gaara will be especially interesting to see if he's changed like Neji, and his power vs. Kimmaro is certainly well-matched.

Too bad Shikamaru got saved by a _girl_.. not that it's wrong or anything <g>

Lenas
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:41 PM
On a side note, Temari looks hotter than normal for some reason. Could that be an anbu vest perhaps? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif jk!

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:46 PM
There's nothing that the two demon brothers can't do. Gaara and Naruto can team up to take down Akatsuki now.

Gods_Son
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by: hiten mitsurugi
There's nothing that the two demon brothers can't do. Gaara and Naruto can team up to take down Akatsuki now.

ha, that's ridiculous

L8r
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:56 PM
now all we have to do is w8 for the translated one....
is it here yet?..... no? i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
WHERE IS IT!!!!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:59 PM
New and improved Sand Ninjas? Well, at least, Temari's outfit has improved. Same can't be said of Gaara and Kakuro. Those cat ears of his are truly irritating, but I guess he can't help it. We saw him as a kid, and his ugliness is obviously is father's fault. His story is sadder than Gaara's IMO. The kid is so ugly he has to wear make-up...And, is it just me or Temari treats Gaara in a sort of affective way?
Anyway, somebody suggested that they would go after Oro to seek revenge for killing the Kazekage and messing up with the Sand Village. Let's hope for the best. Still, what they're doing in the Fire country?
And I wonder if Baki also came to the bright side, and if he's the new Kazekage now.
Well, got to wait a week to see if the kids came to the path of good, beauty and justice and all that stuff.

Uberbaka
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:06 PM
It's about time they appeared, most of us had already guessed/hoped they were the ones coming.

itachi_
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:09 PM
The strange thing is that this mission is a leaf one, what are gaara and the sand doing there, are they helping them, what's their purpose, Gaara is evil, he shouldn't cooperate with others, "I love only myself, I fight only for myself"

ad4mz41
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:12 PM
AHHH I KNEW IT! I knew he would come back. I even posted it as one of my theorys a long time ago. Cool its going to get interesting.

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:16 PM
I've liked the theories that the sand would send them to get revenge on the sound. Or perhaps somehow Tsunade got a message to the Sand somehow asking for some help. In any case, I enjoyed this chapter.

If there really was a change of heart for Gaara, this could be very bad for the sound. And I'm guessing there was. Why? I distinctly recall him apologizing to Temari.

Of course, this story will all be for nothing is Naruto manages to get Sasuke back to the Leaf. Why? Sasuke has all the makings for a killer villian. His character development has it prectically written into him.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Oh God.... well that was... surprising... as much as I'm using "..." here... it's just 'cause my insides are screaming and jumping... I can't reallly believe it... regarding the outfits... they look all cool!!!

Wai!! The Sand is back ^^ me happy. Very. Seems Gaara is not so evil anymore. And he helped Lee - isn't irony beautiful?? Same goes for Temari helping Shikamaru - irony, sweet sweet irony!! Me happy!!
They all look so much mature, too. Their outfits are cool... specially Gaara and Temari's. Kankuro's... well, its still cool.
Man, when the sand protected Lee!!! And when Karasu saved Kiba....!! I couldn't really believe my eyes. I thought the Sand guys, like Haku, would only appear for that particular arc and disappear then. I hope no one interferes with the Naruto vs. Sasuke match though - that's one that has to be resolved on their own.

.....!!!
Man, this chapter rocks!! I haven't enjoyed a chapter so much since... I dunno!! Since the Finding Tsunade story-arc!!

And I'm happy Kiba was saved. I like dog-boy, contrary to about half of the forums.

Aegeon
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:29 PM
The strange thing is that this mission is a leaf one, what are gaara and the sand doing there, are they helping them, what's their purpose, Gaara is evil, he shouldn't cooperate with others, "I love only myself, I fight only for myself"

You must have missed the whole Naruto vs. Gaara thing but I will fill you in. Gaara starts beating up on Sakura and Sasuke when Naruto says "You aren't messing with my friends" and he goes all super crazy powerful. It is then that Gaara says that he will always be weak because he fights for others and not himself. So anyway Gaara becomes the huge form a Shuku or whatever and Naruto Summons his Frog. Anyway Naruto beats the crap outta Gaara and Gaara realizes why Naruto is so strong in the end. Thats why he no longer carries the "I love only myself, I fight only for myself" attitude.

ad4mz41
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Haha yeah it is pretty funny. Gaara was the one who practically crippled Rock Lee and now hes helping him.

Uzumaki Naruto
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:34 PM
OMFG im speachless, gaara is back and he is on the side, well lets hope that hes is and there new fits look awsome, but man kimimaro is fukin freaky as hell

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Kimimaro is gross, spurting bones all around. Blegh.
Gaara looks freaking cool. He still has dark circles around his eyes, so I'm guessing Shukaku isn't allowing him to sleep very well yet... in other words, he might still be all crazy and no doubt, he's still dangerous...
...but he looks cool and he's on Konoha's side!! So w00t!

Hey, given that everybody has had an outfit change, don't you think the Konoha genins should change their clothing too?
I mean, Sasuke changed his clothes _twice_ already. Gaara & company changed their outfits and look way cooler than before.
But no, Naruto has worn the same jacket for around 212 episodes, and same goes for all the others...

Vagabond
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Well i have a feeling they will get promoted to chuunins when they get back.(Even if they don't succeed in bring back sasuke) So maybe...

Jhoffer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by: Vagabond
Well i have a feeling they will get promoted to chuunins when they get back.(Even if they don't succeed in bring back sasuke) So maybe...

I have been thinking the same thing.

Maybe Gaara only plans to help long enough for Lee to be alone. i/expressions/devil.gif

itachi_
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Vagabond, that's a very reasonable theory, I think that too, to do such mission in that situation is pretty damn strong... but did they show us any squadleader abilities?

Chi Chi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Baki must be the new Kazekage as he was the only sandnin to hurt a jounin from Konoha. The village could also have been stopped. The leaders of the country wanted to lose the village and now that the Kazekage is dead. This means that they could have deserted to Konoha.

Uzumaki Naruto
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:13 PM
you guys think that gaara is only helping bc he owes naruto a favor for making wut he is today or are they going to join the leaf and be eternal rivals?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Originally posted by: HimizujinEternia
If there really was a change of heart for Gaara, this could be very bad for the sound. And I'm guessing there was. Why? I distinctly recall him apologizing to Temari.

Of course, this story will all be for nothing is Naruto manages to get Sasuke back to the Leaf. Why? Sasuke has all the makings for a killer villian. His character development has it prectically written into him.

I believe that, if there's somebody who can redeem Gaara is Temari, and Kankuro to a certain extent.
We've seen much of Temari's bitchy side, but she also has shown her nice side. She was somehow aprehensive when she heard of the possibility of another war. That's a good indication that she's not that evil.
Unlike Kankuro, we can see that during the Chunnin exam at the Death Forest, she doesn't have a totally nasty and hostile attitude towards him.
There's reason to believe that Gaara is changing his feelings toward his sibilings and life in general. As you pointed out, he did apologize to them. Obviously his change of attitude will provoke a change of attitude of his sibilings.
If Gaara has some brains, and independent of Naruto's speech, he may have noticed that, somebody *tied* with him, which has never happened before. That could lead him to the conclusion that he's not as powerful as he thought he was. Another less dramatic clue he may have gotten, is the fact that Temari and Kankuro carried him around. If they saw him just as a tool, the moment he became useless, they could have just left him there to die. So, that shows that they have some sort of affection for him.
Another important factor that may contribute not only for Gaara's change but also for Temari and Kankuro's is that fact that the Kazekage is gone. That guy was a bad influence to his kids, and overall a horrible role model for them. His death brought the possibility for them to act on her own instead of living by strict rules. They are alone, now, and will have to learn to rely on each other to survive.
It's not a far fetched guess to say that the whole emotional dynamics of that family has changed or is changing.

As for Sasuke, who actually cares about him? I used to hate him, but really. The bottom line is: he's merely a spoiled teenager desesperatellingseeking to call attention upon himself, and twistedly enough, primarly his brother's. Naruto's crave for attention is evolving. This mission is showing how to work with a team.
Teenagers like that are little primadonnas, who will get into a fight for no good reason other than to say: look at me, I can defeat and humiliate you...
After a certain point this becomes extremely annoying and finally, boring. Unlike Gaara, he has yet to show that he has potential for developing his charater. He will be there just to cause a bit of trouble.
Even Kabuto can cause more damage, and being the ambiguous jerk he is, makes his actions totally unpredictable, which is *really* fun.

Jhoffer
Originally posted by: Chi Chi
Baki must be the new Kazekage as he was the only sandnin to hurt a jounin from Konoha. The village could also have been stopped. The leaders of the country wanted to lose the village and now that the Kazekage is dead. This means that they could have deserted to Konoha.

Come to think of it. Tsunade did say something about the depleted Konoha forces being "taken care of."

John San
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:27 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAOWWWWWWW SO Goooooooood !!!

I want to be next week to know more (I also want Inane's translation i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif)

I believe they came to help and get revenge from the sound nins. And I believe that Lee will be stolen his battle and victory :/ (again... poor Lee).

Sooo hard to wait a week...

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Hey, hey, we are forgetting something very important!!

Lee is still drunk.

<Lee>
Gaara!! ::hic:: My fwieeend!!!

<Gaara>

<Lee>
I love you, man!! Gimme a hug!

<Gaara>
...I wasn't informed about this.

<Lee>
Lesh be fwiends, man... c'mon, gimme a hug!!

Toruxxx
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:30 PM
holy shit just looked at it and omg!!! how cool is that!!! gaara looks sweet so does temari, kankora(sp?) looks weird still lol or has his face got more paint on? but anyway how fucking cool!!

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by: Winged Dancer

Lee is still drunk.

<Lee>

<Gaara>

<Lee>

<Gaara>

<Lee>

LOL... funny

Gaara (thinking) Oh, gawds... could it be? He wants to give me the love a need... We goona be fwieends! He's going to be my best pal! Yiiipee!!!!i/expressions/heart.gif

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by: Neji-Aniki-sama

Lee is still drunk.

<Lee>

<Gaara>

<Lee>

<Gaara>

<Lee>

LOL... funny

Gaara (thinking) Oh, gawds... could it be? He wants to give me the love a need... We goona be fwieends! He's going to be my best pal! Yiiipee!!!!i/expressions/heart.gif

Neji-aniki-sama, damn you. I was drinking a soda as I read that.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Yes. I'm sure that Lee's fight can be happily brought to an end with a group hug.
After all, they all have problems, right?

Lee
My name is Rock Lee and... I'm... I'm an alcoholic.

Group
::Claps, claps::

Gaara
I'm Gaara. I used to enjoy killing people. But I've gone for two months without killing anyone... unless I'm paid to.

Group
::Scared, but claps anyway. Few creepy females swoon::

Kimimaro
I'm Kimimaro. I have a bone disorder and was (most probably) used as fetiche toy by a 50 year old creep.

Group
::Claps, females swoon and awww::

And now, group hug!!
A cornucopia of love...
...and you wont get that unless you've seen the Potter Puppet Pals.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Mad props to Kishimoto .. he's throwing everything AND the kitchen sink into this arc, and I have to admit, it's very fun. Chaotic, but entertaining. Now they just need to resolve the remaining fights before anyone ELSE shows up .. heheh.

Someone said that they won't get Sasuke back, I agree, I think he's gone for now .. and this will cement Sasuke as a bad guy who might only find redemption in death.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by: HimizujinEternia
[
Neji-aniki-sama, damn you. I was drinking a soda as I read that.

kukukukukuku
Now you know why my nick is Neji-AniKISAMA!
If you don't know what kisama means, do a quick search on the net.
A really nice word to know!i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
And it will change your mind if you thought I liked Neji...

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:52 PM
And for those who don't want to search the net, "kisama" would be a very rude "you".... but the word "bastard" fits it way better!!
And it fits Neji, too!!
...although I like Neji, all in all.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Heheh does anyone else think that Gaara is gonna totally destroy Kimi like a bug? I mean what are bones going to be able to do against Gaara's sand attacks and defenses? This is gonna be fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

*now where's my damn time machine!? .. must .. read .. next ... chapter *

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking the same.... Gaara will go sandy on Kimimaro's ass and there's nothing the bones can do about it.
No, really... does Kimimaro stand a chance now that he's dealing with two powerful shinobi? Lee might be at disadvantage now, given that Kim's boney defense seems to be good enough to stop physical attacks, but with Gaara (and his bad-ass new outfit) now, what will he do?

My bet is that he'll go lvl. 2 (he's got a second lvl, right?) and even then, Gaara should be able to do a Desert Coffin or whetever his people-exploding move was called and kill him.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Yeah Gaara looks hella-cool in his new rags, looks like the good guys just got a VERY powerful ally, or maybe it's just an example of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", where the sand are ready to wreak revenge on the sound for an actual or percieved betrayal (something Oro is well known for). Ah, the intrigue i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jman
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:10 PM
good chapter. I was more than happy when i saw it. my hat's off to Kishimoto this week. As always, can't wait for next weeks. I have a feeling that Gaara's gonna hand Kimi a platefull of his ass...-wonder about Lee and if Gaara intends to mop the floor with him. Suspense is so good.

Everon
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Oooooh Gaara and Temari get new outfits and Kankuro gets....new face makeup! Ooooooh i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Edit: About time we see some teamwork between people, even if it is Sound and Leaf teamwork.

Noonan
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:41 PM
check Kankuro out closer -

He has one puppet active and in the last shot you can see the head of a second puppet still slung over his left shoulder.

So all three appear to have upgraded just like the Konohana Nins.

I agree that Kiba, Naruto and Neji need wardrobe upgrades - thier current look is SOOO chapter 120 i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

glitched
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Im really really really hope paintpixel does an awesome job on that last page, im really lookin forward to a colored page with those three. Thats definatly going on my desktop.

Hotsuma
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Not only does Rock Lee come back, on a whim, but now Gaara-tachi are in the fray too? Damn, this shit's turning out way crazier than I thought. It's like Kishimoto is completely making up for lost time.

Kishimoto, you fucking rule.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Well, Gaara and co. being there is cool. But I was waiting for Rocky to deafeat Kimi all by himself. The only time he won was beating Sasuke and Naruto. Even so, as Neji would say, maybe he didn't beat Naruto enough.
He got beaten by Neji, Dosu Kinuta and Gaara. It's about time he wins a real fight.

itachi_
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:25 PM
So what do you think?, has Gaara changed side, is he a "good" guy now or is he still som maniac trying to kill everyon exept himself... I want Inane to translate so you can follow the dialogues

Saruto
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:29 PM
OOOOHHHHHH damn!!!!

Gaara ant his brother and sister i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif!!!!!

too cool!!!

Mut
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:37 PM
NO FUCKING WAY. fucking absolute craziest chapter ever. i'ma have seizures.

EDIT:

ok...so it was pretty clear that kiba, shika, and lee really could not finish the fight if kishimoto had to bring in gaara's team. but it kinda makes lee look like a...failure? i mean, cmon...that kind of sucks i guess =/

man, kiba was fucked. shika was fucked. and lee was fucked. i think we all underestimated the last three of the sound's 5. jiroubu and kidoumaru sucked but tayuya, sakon/ukon, and especially kimimaro were all really stronger than we all thought. ahahaha i fucking knew it, lee CAN'T be on par with kimimaro! w0000000000000t. lee got man handled.

and someone said something about gaara's team and naruto's crew ganging up to take down akatsuki...that sounds like it can happen.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TRANSLATION!!! =D

sangai
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:46 PM
alright so this chapter made me a lil mad.. why you ask i really didn't think they would bring them back so soon.don't get me wrong but i loved the chapter, i really just thought it was to early for them to make an appearance.no we can't see lee whoop ass with his drunken boxing, i wander if gaara is sane now. wonder if they could have sealed chukaku away.

alright now to get over that.

the chapter was badass. to see gaara (looks older, new clothes),temari (new clothes), and kankuro (new face paint) was just pretty badass.

so i guess this is what tsunade ment by doing something about the situation.

Trip
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:47 PM
ok, i've now loast all faith in this series turning into a classic. One big twist (Kinimaro) followed by another? (Lee) and another? (Garra & co)... nah, i'm sorry, everything that follows will just seem boring (not being exciting/surprising), or silly (stupid surprises, things that don't make good sense).

blah..... i think next weeks chapter will have the explanation, but it just seems too unlikley, as above people saying about how can Garra not be evil any more? i dont think he can be if he is helping the leaf now :

SDShamshel
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:51 PM
I have been waiting for this moment ever since the sand first left the manga.

I am not disappointed.

This also works towards my belief that Shikamaru and Temari will one day be making babies together.

Also loving Temari's new outfit.

chaos4ever4
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:53 PM
i really do hope that they get some teamwork in while fighting the sound. it would take this manga to a whole new level.

however, i do have to admit, the timing for these three in this part of the manga just doesn't make sense, though their entrances were very cool.

i think lee and gaara vs kimimaro will be _the_ fight to look forward to now, since lee's taijitsu by itself doesn't seem to hold up to kimimaro's ability

sangai
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:00 PM
it still doesn't explain what has happened to chouji or neji.

damn

well maybe next chapter we will get to see naruto catch up with sasuke, now that we know, kiba, shika, and lee will be alright. maybe kishimoto wanted to really kill of neji and chouji, which would truly suck.

Assertn
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:03 PM
ok...i officially hate narutofan.com now

ive been downloading manga from narutofan for a while now.......i try to avoid downloading the raw, and when i caught a glimpse of peole mentioning "unexpected twists" in the gotwoot forum, i tried to avoid the convo to refrain from being spoiled......then i stop by there to see if the translated is out yet, and lo and behold, i see a big clear shot of GAARA'S HEAD!!!!!

DAMNIT a picture is worth a thousand words and it only takes a 50x50 image to ruin the surprise of an entire week!

geez, i feel sorry for the anime only viewers who might have caught on to that as well

sangai
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:05 PM
yeah i was like that better not be in the chapter.

narutofan is goin downhill.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:07 PM
but the word "bastard" fits it way better!!
And it fits Neji, too!!

Which one? Hyuuga Neji or this Neji?
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
It also has the tone of saying the other guy is inferior to you.
I think Hinata should have called him that, instead of Neji-nii-san. That would have improved her self-confidence. Well, he might have gotten even more furious. He always call her Hinata-sama, when he actually thinks she is worth crap...She better stand up against that...
I like Neji's arrogant atittude, kinda like Sesshoumaru... Doesn't bother me at all, unlike Sasuke's. But trying to kill Hinata, not cool. Up to that point, no prob in him being a bastard.
Since we were talking about love, I thought it would be sooooo cute seeing Sasuke saying Itachi-nii-san or Oaniki (affectous terms for big brother).
Same for Gaara calling Kankuro that way. I can almost feel the loooooove.

sangai
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:17 PM
the big question is how will gaara beat kimimaro, will he let lee help or will he just sobaka kyuu and crush his bones gaara is a good match cause he is a range fighter, he can attack from far away and kimimaro must be close. good match up.

the temari versus tayuya hard to say
and sakon against kankuro well its kinda hard to say, but should be good

i wonder if kimimaro will activate lvl 2.

chaos4ever4
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:19 PM
umm.. wait for upcoming chapters for answers?

Mut
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:21 PM
ok, i guess the only way temari and kankuro would win against tayuya and sakon is from the lack of chakra after fighting shika and kiba before. (man, that's a lot of names). tayuya and sakon are just gonna get tired from using lvl 2 too much and eventually lose (how lame). but i don't know about kimimaro. he ruined lee's shit with ease. as soon as kimimaro decided to bust out his bloodline jutsus lee's chance of 'being on par' went down the shitter in an instant. and lee is already battered and cut up...useless (why the hell did kishimoto make him look so heroic with that rescue). lee's type of fighting style becomes being the worst kind against someone like kimimaro cuz it seems that kimimaro's bones can, not only move fast as fuck, but are also real strong. i don't really care about the other fights except kimimaro's against gaara. we already know that gaara is INSANELY strong (he basically tied with naruto and we all agree that naruto is pretty strong with that kyubi chakra), and we know that kimimaro doesn't take shit from no one. i mean, fuck. i am too excited.

EDIT: and it looks like lee is sobering up too.

sangai
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:37 PM
was sakon and ukon seperated again

cause it looked like sakon was wearing kibas jacket and ukon is still in cursed lvl 2. so i think they are still seperate but i thought ukon had to rest.

damn to many questions.

Hatake Kakashi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Great plot twist! The Sound Shinobi are f*cking done now!

Leaf and Sand should just keep going and take out the whole damn country/village.

Oh and its awesome that Kankurro is now using 2 or 3 different puppets.

It looks like all three of them are Chuunin now, maybe those black uniforms signify something.

MightyDustLoop
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Oh crap, looks like they're gonna pair Shika and Tamari up after all.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Should I do a rough translation for you guys? Who knows how long will Inane take... theey first need a good quality raw (and God knows this was low-quality) and they are most probably going to color the extra-cool two pages in where the Sand nins appear along with the color cover.

So anyway, I can try to do a translation and I think it'd be pretty close to the real thing.

Assertn
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:04 PM
yep....and gaara is protecting the guy he previously tried to kill

this is prolly the point where kimimaro runs away.....cause i doubt kimimaro will have the speed necessary to get past gaara's sand

Mut
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:05 PM
i think kimimaro is quite fast. well, at least bones are. his bones were able to stop rock lee's fast kicks and punches. kimimaro is too fucking cool.

Hatake Kakashi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Kimimaro will be easily outmatched.

Gaara will tell Lee to take on Kimimaro, and Gaara will just use his sand to protect Lee from Kimimaro. Even though I think Kimimaro could cut through Gaara's sand a bit. I think they will pull it off.

sangai
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Should I do a rough translation for you guys? Who knows how long will Inane take... theey first need a good quality raw (and God knows this was low-quality) and they are most probably going to color the extra-cool two pages in where the Sand nins appear along with the color cover.

So anyway, I can try to do a translation and I think it'd be pretty close to the real thing.

that would be great please do.

Mut
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:14 PM
yes, please do a rough translation. i want to know what they are saying!

anyway, as for kimimaro vs lee & gaara. yeah, i do think kimimaro will lose but only because he is outnumbered. lee was really nothing compared to kimimaro's powers but gaara is a whole different story. gaara is crazy. but i want kimimaro to win! =D

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Ok then I'll try!
<Phone operator>Wait please!</phone operator>

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Ok then I'll try!
<Phone operator>Wait please!</phone operator>

Everybody seems to be waiting with baited breath.
Anyhow, thanks so much for translating it. Greatly appreciated.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:41 PM
OK, here's a rough chapter 212 translation. Whatever people think will be and my comments are between (normal brackets). Enjoy, and I'll wait for Inane's translation just to see how I fare!

BTW,
SPOILERS. (duh.) I CANNOT GUARANTEE this to be as good as Inane's, so if you'd rather wait for a good, safe translation, then wait for Inane's and DON'T READ THIS POST.
Have the CAPS gotten your attention?

Page 1 

There seems to be a contest going on. If you send your entry before Saturday 17, you can get something called "Narucchi", which might be eiter a music CD (Doubt it) or the new GBA videogame.  It mentions that Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi are "available".

Page 2  some doubts here

Kimimaro's terrible power is...!?

[b]Kimimaro
It seems you are drunk... come to your senses, now...

My bloodline ability is (way too many kanjis here... stupid translator can't figure it out!)
...it gives me the power to control my body's calcium and alter the shape of my bones.

Lee
[...Blood-line ability?]

Page 3 

Kimimaro
Besides, in the human body there are over two hundred bones...
...but for me, that is not a definite number.
(Kimimaro is growing extra ribs! Gross!)

Lee
Ku...

Page 4 

Kimimaro
Dance of the Karamatsu...

Page 5 

Sakon
[Hum... it seems he couldn't get away much farther with that wound...]

Page 6 

Kiba

[i]Page 7 

Tayuya
Guu...

Shikamaru
Gu-kku...

[Dammit& I dont have enough chakra!! At this rate...

...concentrate!! Then think of a plan...! What's the possibility of making a grope attack...!!]
(This is very weird, and I assume its not correct, but I can't find any other translation.)

Page 8 

Kimimaro
Have you opened your eyes yet?

Lee
(?)...why... it seems like I'm drunk, but...
...from here on, I'm serious!!

Page 9 

Lee
(Sorry, I can't very well read this part. Kanjis are blurry. However, I think Lee explains that his abilities are not so good yet, and that even if he opened the First Gate he'd be in troubles.)

Primary Lotus!!

Page 10 

Lee
!!?
(??)[...he killed my kick with his bones!?]

Kimimaro
Amazing speed...
But it ends here.

Page 11 

(absolutely no dialogue here, but I love it!)
Sound effects for someone stepping 
Suta, suta, suta...

Page 12 -

Sakon
Chi...!!

Tayuya and Shikamaru
(Both still struggling)
Guu...
Ku...

Page 13 

Shikamaru
[The plan is...]

Tayuya
(?)What's wrong, you rat?

Shikamaru
(???) [Before this, with Asuma-senko (same as sensei)... when there was a pinch, the most transparent one would have 100% probabilities, right...?
(??)...the most transparents probabilities, think of what to do... concentrate!!]
(not sure at all about Shikamaru's dialogue!)

Kiba
::Sniff, sniff::
[The smell has gone&]
Fu.... safe...

Page 14 

Sakon
Who?

Kiba
[My jacket!?]

Sakon
Ah, now I see... kukuku...
...you were keeping track of us by our own smell, mh?

Kiba
You bastards... you erased your own odor, eh?
You understood the characteristics of smell very well, didn't you?
No wonder I wasnt able to perceive your essence!!

Page 15 

Kiba
Besides, you were two guys... even then, it was a close one...
Dammit...

Sakon
(?) In front of your eyes... I'll send your dog to a place so far away you can't even reach it!!

Ah??
(Half blank-square)
DON'T LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DEATH!!

Tayuya
(??)Really... of how many ways are you trying to think of?
Plans are already useless!!
...(Tayuya starts to move)
TAKE THIS!!!

Page 16

Tayuya
Ghuaa!!
(she stabilizes)
Ku...!! Who is that!?

Page 17

Sakon
What!?

Kiba
Seems like this time we are allies...

Kimimaro
!??

Lee
U-waaa!!

Kimimaro
Who are you!?

Page 18-19 

Temari
Konoha's foreign allies...

Kankuro
...the sand...

Gaara
...Shinobi.

Wow, talk about tiring!!
But wasn't this all really cool?
Edit - corrected a few things concerning Lee's drunkness and a few weird symbols that appeared when I posted from Word.

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:55 PM
thnx for the rough translation damn amazing entrance from the sound trio this is the best plot twist ever we get lee plus gaara back

Trip
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:56 PM
wow, great translation winged dancer, much appreciated i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Death BOO Z
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:08 PM
a great conterbution for the manga commuiniry, so lee opened the first gate?

EDIT: actually, i made another joke chapter from this raw, i've sent it to Tenkei (who hosted the last one i did), and i really hope he'd agree to host this one aswell.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:10 PM
So the sand actually called themselves Konoha's foreign allies ... TOO COOL i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:11 PM
fucking cool. thanks a lot winged.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:14 PM
You're welcome, all...
And yeah, Temari saying they were the Leaf's allies was way too cool. All of 18-19 was too cool!! Damn the Sands, they made a great entrance!!
I also liked the "conversation" between Kiba and Sakon - Kiba obvioulsy already knew that the Sand was close, and that's why he was laughing....

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:16 PM

Temari
Konoha's foreign allies...

Kankuro
...the sand...

Gaara
...Shinobi.

Wow, talk about tiring!!
But wasn't this all really cool?
Edit - corrected a few things concerning Lee's drunkness and a few weird symbols that appeared when I posted from Word.

Sounds like a great translation. Thanks again.
And yes, I am certainly puzzled about the reason the Sand Ninjas showed up. Hope it gets explained in the next chapter.
My theory is that it may be part of the peace treaty between Konoha and the Sand.
If it were merely a revenge against Orochimaru, I believe they would have gone straight to him. Even if you assume that the Fire country is in the way, I don't see any reason for them to stop and help.
Besides, they said they were allies.
Could be that in exchange for their help they will provide free counseling for Gaara i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Himura_san
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Holy Shitballs batman!!
That was awesome! I had a gut feeling that the sand trio were going to show up, and I am glad they did!!
As someone mentioned it's ironic for Garaa and Temari to aid the people they fought against. I can see a Shika/Temari thing happening ^_^;
Last but not least I have three words to add:

Kimi is Fucked!!

Mut
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:20 PM
kishimoto better explain how lee and the team gaara were able to find shikamaru's team so fast. where is inaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:22 PM
one thing i can't understand is how Tsunde knew to call for back up from the sand...

she couldn't have done it after the Sasuke laeving, since there wouldn't be enough time to send someone to the wind country and for them to come back to the fire county and meet the genins while the genins were moving non-stop from the same time as the emmbassedor left.

the only reasonable guess is that it was Kakashi's or gai's (or iruka's) mission to call for them, but it still leaves the question of how tsunde knew to call them...

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Maybe it'll happen what we've been saying in this very forum for a while... the Akatsuki is after Gaara's Shukaku too, and therefore the Sand and the Leaf decided to join forces.... I'm sure everything will be explained as soon as... as soon as everything's finished.
I can't wait to see Naruto's reaction when he sees Gaara. And I have the feeling Gaara is going to react kinda funny when he meets Naruto again...

Off-topic, why do we call the Leaf "Konoha" but never call the Sand "Suna" nor the Sound "Oto"...? Also, where in the world is the Sound village, suppossedly?
Konoha is in the Fire Country... the Sand in the Wind Country.... the Mist in the Water country... and so on. Does Orochimaru own a small country too?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:31 PM
people remember konoha becuase of konohamaru,,, and some fansub groups use it instead of leaf, cuz it appears enough times so people don't need to be reminded what it means.

the other villages aren't mentinoed alot, so having a special note each time for the traselation would be annoyining, so all groups use the english name. it's a circle feeding itself, in a way...

the sound village is located in a small weak country, i guess that's why Oro chose that position, so he wouldn't have to deal with the fedual lord and his army...

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Well, one way or another, it's kinda sad to lose such a nice evil brat and psycho killer to the bright side. He was so good at it.
Orochimaru is boring, and apparently Kimimaru and the other two Sound Ninjas are or will be toast.
And it's not really worth to call Sasuke evil. We have Itachi and Kabuto left. Will they be able to keep the evil of this manga at decent standards?

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:34 PM
I keep on re-reading this chapter.
Has anyone else noticed that Gaara's sand not only saves Lee, but eases his fall?
Also, when Temari's shadow appears in front of Shikamaru's isn't his look priceless?

And yeah, they will. Kabuto was a backstabbing traitor after all. And Itachi is, from my POV, as evil as evil gets - that's it, very evil. He killed his whole family just to see how good he was, and you are doubting his evilness?
'sides, we've met only two members of the Akatsuki so far - we have what, another six guys and the boss of bosses to meet still. I mean, we are talking about Itachi's boss here - he's bound to be powerful and evil and all that crap.

Vagabond
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:36 PM
I think the sound country is like northeast of the fire country. What im wondering is how oro aquired the land. Did he just go around taking over villages by force? Or did he make some deals with some of the fire countries damiyos?

Mut
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:38 PM
I keep on re-reading this chapter.
Has anyone else noticed that Gaara's sand not only saves Lee, but eases his fall?
Also, when Temari's shadow appears in front of Shikamaru's isn't his look priceless?

hahaha, yeah i keep re-reading it too. i'm getting kind of annoyed with it since right after i read it, i close it and 5 minutes later i open everything up again...annoying process... i've done like at least 15 times now.

yeah, i saw the sand that protected lee. pretty cool. i wish shikamaru had a =O look on his face though, that would've been so funny.

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Yeah! Tell me about it. Translating it means opening and closing every page around five times each....

Maybe they'll modify Shikamaru's face for the joke chapter....
...I hope there's an Inane joke chapter this time. Although without Sasuke, they can't do child support payment jokes.

Come Come Paradise
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:43 PM
tears of joy

BakaShinji
Fri, 04-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by: Trip
ok, i've now loast all faith in this series turning into a classic. One big twist (Kinimaro) followed by another? (Lee) and another? (Garra & co)... nah, i'm sorry, everything that follows will just seem boring (not being exciting/surprising), or silly (stupid surprises, things that don't make good sense).

blah..... i think next weeks chapter will have the explanation, but it just seems too unlikley, as above people saying about how can Garra not be evil any more? i dont think he can be if he is helping the leaf now :

this was foreshadowed long ago. accept it. leaf and sand had a truce, why would they continue fighting?

BakaShinji
Fri, 04-09-2004, 09:51 PM
btw: nice work on the quick translation wingeddy ding ding. "konoha's foreign allies.... sand... shinobi..." sweetnes...

BakaShinji
Fri, 04-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by: SDShamshel
This also works towards my belief that Shikamaru and Temari will one day be making babies together.
Also loving Temari's new outfit.

I agree. Yay to making babies! Shika-Tema-Tatuya threesome!

SDShamshel
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:37 PM
For some reason, I have the feeling that the first thing Gaara's going to do when he sees Naruto is smile.

Not his "I'm going to grind your bones to dust" smile, but like an honest smile.

And it'll be the creepiest thing ever.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:39 PM
. Does Orochimaru own a small country too?

Yeah, it's pretty new. Remember Kabuto explaining the small village of the sound, at the beggining of the Chunnin written test?
I am sure there is a Sound Village, and that he created a new country. Not totally sure if his country is also called sound. I can think of an episode, I'd guess around the preliminaries or so, where Oro explains.
There's a map with all countries we know so far and his, which is rather small. If I have time I will check and try to find it, unless somebody figures that one, first.
As for Itachi not being evil enough, well judging by Sasuke, he may have had a good excuse for doing what he did...not just because he's pure evil... j/k
Yes, he is evil and psycho... And I hope he remains that way.
It's very bizarre to imagine Gaara and Naruto going for ramen at Ichiraku...or going out with the boys:
Gaara: Come on, there's still a tea house open.
Shikamaru: Sheesh, don't you ever get any sleep?

Winged Dancer
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Gaara: Nope. No sleep. Ever. Demon inside. No sleep. He eats me.

sangai
Sat, 04-10-2004, 12:18 AM
there could always be the possiblity that they found away to supress shukaku with some kind of seal, and now gaara kinda kinda get some sleep.

joke chapter for next week
after kimimaro has been defeated gaara revirts back to a demonic state and kills lee, and then proceeds to hunt down naruto.

but the bags under gaaras eyes seem to have receeded. and are not as larg.

itachi_
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Great! --> that Gaara has changed side, man he's cool now.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by: sangai sakusei

but the bags under gaaras eyes seem to have receeded. and are not as larg.

That's something we will never know... if those bags are from not sleep or from the Tanuki inside...i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Winged Dancer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Mmh, I don't know about Temari/Shikamaru. I'm more into Ino/Shikamaru. But seems Tayuya is smarter.
So perhaps, once the Konoha girls realize Sasuke is a jerk not really worth their time (except Sakura), the new village Don Juan will be Shikamaru!

itachi_
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Shikamaru has always been fighting females, and now, saved by a female :S,

shik = chick, i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.... He has not been fighting a male thrue out the entire naruto-serious.

Assertn
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:45 PM
gaara could make for a very interesting support type character.....just imagine a group of ninjas fighting a group of enemies, and gaara just standing there blocking all the enemies attacks for his teammates.

then at one point bustin out the shukaku to assist gamabunta on some snake ass-whupping

Strider
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Just caught a scanlated version of Chapter 212 from Narutofan. Link'll be below. It was scanlated by a new group, and while I prefer Inane and will expect theirs (whenever time permits for them to work on it), this new group did a decent job. Decent enough with the text, and the images were of fairly swell quality.

Moving along to the chapter content .. GOD DAMN! So sweet. First of all, Lee's drunken hysteria seemed to wear off a bit, enough where some sense started to return to him. Opening the first gate, attempting Initial Lotus .. It was great. Kimimaro is indefinitely skilled. Thus, the whining thread of why Lee is on Par with Kimimaro can be closed. It was shown that they actually are not on equal fighting grounds. I would give Lee the advantage of speed, but that is all .. sadly.

As for the ending .. amazing!! Gaara helping Lee, and Temari aiding Shikamaru .. just as you all said .. irony at its fullest. Still a most pleasant surprise. Well, a surprise to some. Just like most people's theories, I figured Gaara was one of the people Kiba had smelled a number of chapters ago.

Once you see the final page, or second to last .. Temari states they are aiding Konoha on this mission. The Sand & Leaf are once again allies. Wewt, wewt ..

While Lee could not bypass the bloodline limit of Kimimaro, he still owns you all .. !!

Ninja vanish!

makkura
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:56 PM
yes, we have a new group translating the mange.

thanks bakafish, it is very appreciated.

edit: Temari is such a hot babe !

Strider
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Temari was looking pretty good. I liked the all black get-up of Gaara's the most, though. I do not particularly like his character (at all); the aiding of my favorite character [Rock Lee] has earned him a few points of favor in my book.

Considering Gaara is not really a mobile shinobi, I suppose we'll see a lot more motion and action on Kimimaro's part, come the next few chapters. Or even better .. Lee & Gaara both take him on. Kimimaro will indefinitely have to utilize the power of his seal, at that point. No way could he take on those two Genin.

Ninja vanish.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Yeah, Kim will have to go full on against those two. Lee has a few scratches only, he'll keep fighting, and Gaara... well, I supposse that Gaara wont just use the Sand Coffin, since it'd be cheap...

Strider
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:54 PM
I give Kimimaro much much more credit, than to even fathom the idea of him being caught within Gaara's sand traps. None such as the likes of the Sand Coffin, anyway. His speed is below Lee's (of course, this is my assumption and own personal belief), but only under it by an almost insignificant notch. For the Bone Collector over there, to get caught in Gaara's [cheesy] techniques, both Lee & Gaara will have to pull off some amazing team work.

And, you're right .. Lee's only cut up a bit. A few bruises. He's gotten worse lumps and scrapes from training with the sparring log. Konoha's Beast is far from done. And, the Demon of the Sand [hopefully] has been up to more than playing in the sandbox.

Ninja vanish!

Mut
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:55 PM
i think all of us here can agree that kimimaro will end up 'losing.'

but i don't care, go kimimaro! he'll whoop some major ass before he goes down. he's too fucking bad ass.

itachi_
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeah, Kim will have to go full on against those two. Lee has a few scratches only, he'll keep fighting, and Gaara... well, I supposse that Gaara wont just use the Sand Coffin, since it'd be cheap...

Yeah but you saw how easily gai and kakashi penetrated it, like they just jump in and remove it from their hand, Gaara's desert coffin is nothing for a jounin, though kimmimaro is prolly a chuunin.

Strider
Sat, 04-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I do not recall Kakashi ever nullifying Gaara's sand assaults. But, I do have a faulty memory. So, maybe I just do not remember. In any manner, the point you were making is true. Unless Gaara's got some nukes hiding in that gourd, or better yet some new useful techniques .. I do not know what's going to be done with him now involved.

I do not know about you, but I am not even a Gaara fan and I would like to see more out of him. If he stands there for two chapters, with that stupid look on his face, and the sand doing everything .. I am going to plead permanent insanity, and go berserk.

Ninja flippin' vanish! .. Wewt.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm no Gaara fan either, and I never understood what was about him that made people go "OMG like Gaara is so kewl!!1!1", but the power of his new clothes is too big for me to resist, so I'm happy he's there.

Regarding the sand's power... well, Gai "easily" cut it off to protect Lee, but I don't think that was Taijutsu only. I'm pretty sure Gai had to use a chakra-charged blow to uh, blow the sand away.
Besides, we know Kimimaro is close to Sasuke in terms of power (whether he's weaker or stronger doesn't matter, he's at Sasuke's level), which means he's at chuunin level at most.... and given that most chuunin-to-be couldn't deflect that attack (in the chuunin exam, how many did he kill with it?), whose to say Kimimaro wouldn't be at the very least hurt by the Desert Coffin?

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:31 PM
It's my belief that Kimimaro will get completely owned by Gaara, it just seems like a REALLY bad matchup for Kimi, especially if Gaara starts to go berserk.

Assertn
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:34 PM
yeah....thats my thoughts....kimimaro's supposed to be about as strong as sasuke (presumably without taking level 2 into account, since sasuke didnt have it quite at the time), and sasuke was able to surpass lee easily enough, which is why im not surprised that kimimaro would be gaining the upper hand against lee....but sasuke lost miserably to gaara when gaara started goin all-out....so it could be tricky for kimimaro to do alot better

Winged Dancer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:44 PM
If Gaara goes berserk again, God help Kimi. Naruto could do, too. But if Gaara is to become an important character again, he won't go berserk any soon, if at all. He'll go berserk in about, lets say, 50 more chapters, and it'll be a really important thing for the plot and whatever.

It's my belief that Kimimaro will get completely owned by Gaara, since Kimi has absolutely no fashion sense. Really, that Ying-Yan apron? Puh-ease!! And the chord-like belt? That is, like, soooo chapter 150!!

Now, Gaara... (yes, I'm not tired of remarking how cool Gaara's new outfit is.)

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Lol, yeah Gaara's new outfit is pimp. Kimi really hasn't been interesting at all, he just sorta sits around with a blank expression, I'll be happy when he's over and out, bring on some more interesting people.

Mut
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:53 PM
sasuke lost to gaara at lvl 1. lvl 2 is suppose to make you 10 times more stronger. gaara shouldn't be able to take down kimimaro with ease. kimimaro owns.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:02 PM
I think LvL2 is probably overrated, just more cheap trickery by Orochimaru to try to manipulate idiots like Sasuke. Neji took out Kidoumaru, and Neji is nothing compared to Gaara.

What exactly is cool about Kimimaro? He has no expression or presence, he's basically a zombie/porcupine. Gaara's destructive powers should be far too much for Kimimaro to compete with. Only the next few chapters will tell us for sure, however. Will be fun to see.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Actually, I suddenly have a disturbing feeling that Gaara will get owned by Kisame... his chackra eating sword seems like a perfect match to Gaara's chackra packed sand... it'll be just like how Neji could cut Kidounamru webs with his chackra nails...

it actually reinforces the belief that Akatsuki is also after Gaara, and that's why they've paired Itachi with Kisame: Itachi becuase he knows the leaf village well, and Kisame to stop Gaara's sand (and Naruto's chackra) from taking effect...

anyway, it seems now that Gaara will own Kimimaru alone (what can his bones do against the sand?), Shikamaru and temari will work out a plan together and beat Tayuya. and Kankaru will fight Sakon alone (since Kiba is a useless wuss who deserves to die), and maybe, just maybe, Kiba will die in the process...

Edit: the sand is moving on it's own, not by Gaara's chackra, but still, I'm positive that there is chackra involved in the process, and therefore, a hit from Kisame's saseemahda (sp!) is probably 'fatal' to it...

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Does Gaara use his chakra to move the sand? I was under the impression it was some unconcious-controlled spirit thing .. and that the only chakra-specific move of Gaara's was the sand armor.

But, I could be wrong i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
I think LvL2 is probably overrated, just more cheap trickery by Orochimaru to try to manipulate idiots like Sasuke. Neji took out Kidoumaru, and Neji is nothing compared to Gaara.

What exactly is cool about Kimimaro? He has no expression or presence, he's basically a zombie/porcupine. Gaara's destructive powers should be far too much for Kimimaro to compete with. Only the next few chapters will tell us for sure, however. Will be fun to see.

kidoumaru & jiroubu sucked. sasuke is is gonna be fucking insane when he fights in lvl 2 (am i the only one who sees this?). first sasuke was stronger than naruto, then naruto was, now it's sasuke's turn. sasuke was already superior than most genins to begin with, now he has lvl 2. he's gonna ruin everyone's shit. and i think a lot of people underestimate how neji really is.

why does it matter what i think is cool about kimimaro? it's just my personal preference... explanation for this isn't necessary.

and everyone goes off on about how gaara is gonna own kimimaro. i'm pretty sure kimimaro will eventually lose, but i don't think he will flat out get owned. a lot of people thought that lee was gonna beat major ass when he showed up because of his taijutsu and speed, but look at what happened to him. he got bitched like a little girl and had to be saved. i don't think kishimoto would pair up two people when they don't match up at all. i'm sure kishimoto will make sure that kimimaro and gaara match up very well.

EDIT: i realize that someone will think that there is a contradiction in my thoughts, mainly cuz of what i said about how kishimoto will not pair up two if they don't match up well contradicts rock lee getting beat so easily. well, rock lee had to be beaten easily for gaara to save him. that's my reason for the 'contradiction' someone might notice.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:02 PM
I do agree that Sasuke @ LvL2 will be above Naruto's current level, but that's still extremely weak compared to the likes of Oro/Itachi/Jiraiya. I don't think that Sasuke will be well-rewarded for choosing the path he is now on, the theme of the series is just too obverse to the concept. I believe the curse seal is more of a manipulation device used by Oro than anything very useful. They seem to give temporary added abilities at the cost of increased chakra usage, and the user gets none of the experience or knowledge that one would have gained by reaching those levels naturally. Not to mention that mutation seems to be a side effect.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Yah, I agree with MemnochTheCat there... while Sasuke WILL be more powerful than Naruto with his second-level seal, he can't win, or at least not for long. He may win this battle against Naruto, but eventually Naruto will get stronger and beat the crap outta him (well, that's my personal wish) and then Kishimoto will show us that, after all, doing drugs is bad =P

(Hey, really, what kind of example is Kishimoto setting? Sasuke does "drugs" and gets powerful - ugly, but powerful. Lee gets drunk and becomes 10 times cooler than before. "Hey kids, do as many illegal substances you want, I guarantee you'll become everyone's favorite!!)

Truth to be told, I don't like Kimimaro at all. I may, however, like him a little better once his life-story is cleared up (as I'm sure it will be at some point). I mean, I didn't like Gaara at the beggining, but after finding out his back-story (and seeing his new clothes ^^) my liking for him went up. For the moment though, he's just a little bit... expressionless for my taste.

BTW, zombie-porcupine? lol!!! I like that idea! It reminds me of the zombie bees, zombie crows and zombie squirrels from Resident Evil.

Aah yeah, and I think Gaara could actually kind of have a possibility to survive against Kisame. I don't think the chakra-eating sword would be that much of a trouble for him, since Gaara doesn't really even use chakra to manipualte the sand (as far as I understand), or perhaps he does only for special moves.... that sword (the Samehada or something like that) would be much problematic for someone like Naruto and/or Sasuke-style fighters, who need to mold chakra every damn second of the fight fot their Ninjutsu and Genjutsu.
Against Kisame, however, a taijutsu-based specialist might have a better chance, since the chakra used for physical movements doesn't manifest as much as the one for ninjutsu.

...yeah, so that's what I think... suspect... believe.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:18 PM

BTW, zombie-porcupine? lol!!! I like that idea! It reminds me of the zombie bees, zombie crows and zombie squirrels from Resident Evil.

you can't forget Orc Zombies (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=040408)!
press that link, and then on 'next' to get to the really funny parts... it's just that the webmaster is still using 'latest' for todays strip, so linking to it wouldn't do anything since it changes three times a week.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannndddd its out by Inane people!!! And my translation wasn't so far off!! Now I feel special!! And the colored version of the Sand siblings friggin' rocks!!!!

And indeed, I don't know how could I forget about orc-zombies!!!
(I've been reading good ole 8-Bit since uh, three years ago or so... doesn't it rock? Doesn't Black Mage rock? Uh? Uh???)

Mut
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:19 PM
awesome. the coloring is just awesome. btw, how do people know what colors to use for new characters/editions?

Winged Dancer
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:23 PM
They don't. Gaara's new outfit could be neon yellow for all we know.

Then again, not.

But yeah, we'll know how close their coloring was when the anime catches up.
...am I the only one that feels that the anime wil SO ruin the Sand's Three entrance? I mean, in the manga Sasuke looked cool with his new clothing (just before fighting Gaara), in the anime he just looked gay. Man, I hope this wont happen with these three....

AlbinoFury
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
awesome. the coloring is just awesome. btw, how do people know what colors to use for new characters/editions?

AnbuPawn(fellow gotwooter and the person who does the coloring) is psychic along with many of her other badass photoshop skillz!

originalkrn
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:49 PM
i finally can see gaara fight for the good. He is now an official badass, with his new outfit and all. I prefer the good to the evil.

Raven
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Excellent chapter. I never actually thought we'd ever see Gaara again, or any of the sand 3 for that matter. I thought they'd had their part in the story and it was over. I guess the DBZ similarities are running closer than ever before, eh? (Vegeta becoming a good guy.)

It seems Kishimoto is throwing characters in left and right who don't actually have any place there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I think it's cool as. The coloured picture at the end of Inane was just spectacular, it's my current desktop wallpaper.

BTW, I don't think Gaara will totally own Kimi, it will be a fairly good fight I'd say. Kimi will do some serious damage before he goes down.

glitched
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:09 AM
I couldnt be more happy! thanx paintpixel/anbupawn awesome job as usual, or should i say one of your best works yet!

Naruto_-_Kun
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:20 AM
i agree with cmdr it would be pointless to have gaara smash kimi straight away unless he would then follow naruto with leee and help fight sasuke, which i really really doubt. because sasuke vs naruto is a fight that should not be intefered with, its almost a sacred fight in the series like the sandaime vs orochi and sasuke vs itachi fight (will be). itll be interesting however to see how kishimoto makes gaara and kimi a close fight i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif (with lee in ther as well), maybe he goes curse seal level 2 as welll :i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Insomniac
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:27 AM
as we saw the sound 4(5) arent exactly sucky

Sakon and Tayuya both 'beat' their opponent as did Kimimaro and they were facing the stronger and smarter genins.
Kimimaro both dealt with Naruto and Lee easily and the only major problem for Sakon was the piss in his eyes.

Although i'm not too happy about the sand nins showing up as it means that theres going to be more extended fights, i mean at least with the sound winning we could see the battles drawing to an end.

sangai
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:49 AM
anbupawn you did a great job coloring this chapter.

didn't you have a site that featured a bunch of the pages colored like some more recent but older chapters.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Yeah, Sasuke vs. Naruto shouldn't be interfered with... its personal!! It goes way back to episode 175!! Even to episode 140 or so!! We need to see them screaming each others names again and fight, this time with no Sakura nor Kakashi to stop them.

SDShamshel
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Not that I want to fuel the fires that mentioning Itachi creates in this forum, but I'm led to believe that the thing that would jolt Sasuke out of his illusion that getting the cursed seal level 2 is good would be Itachi appearing, bitchslapping Sasuke, and going, "Sorry, this isn't enough and you just wasted your time."

Not that that's going to happen, but again, that sure would screw with Sasuke's head tons.

Mut
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:59 AM
but that's what SHOULD happen. even with lvl 2 curse seal, sasuke should have no chance against the likes of itachi. after sasuke gets his ass beat, he'll finally realize that what he has been doing all along is stupid and wrong. then he'll work hard to get stronger.

itachi is too much ownage for everyone. i said EVERYONE.

AnbuPawn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury

AnbuPawn(fellow gotwooter and the person who does the coloring) is psychic along with many of her other badass photoshop skillz!

thanks X3

Actually, I had a tough time at first figuring out what the new color was for Temari (since it's black in the manga, so it's probably a dark color). When I noticed the apron "thing" on Temari was pretty much the same thing Yashamaru and her mom wears, I thought I would use the same colors for her clothes (which also happens to be the same color as her headband thingy). I know in her previous outfit the sash was red, but for personal preference I made the sash the color of her previous outfit :3

ad4mz41
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Wowee I just downloaded Inane's version and I like the way he colored the last page. Very awesome!
One more thing I've been curious about and not sure if anyone has answered it before but, why does Kankurou always where that weird looking hat?

Raven
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by: Insomniac
Sakon and Tayuya both 'beat' their opponent as did Kimimaro and they were facing the stronger and smarter genins.
You consider Kiba to be one of the smarter or stronger gennin?

Hotsuma
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Gaara as a bad guy was just freaking annoying. Gaara as a good guy. Whole new ball game. The next few chapters , I think, are seriously going to make up for everything that's been sucking up to now. I'm glad Kishimoto is slowly bringing back old-school characters like Gaara. I hope he still kicks ass with the best of them. This is like, the ultimate drama. Nonstop, bad-ass suspense. Too. Awesome.

Stoopider
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Leaf Allies. Thats excellent. I hope they make an alliance and counter attack the damn Sound clan fast.

oh yeah. Ad4mz41... Kankuro wears the weird hat. Because he looks like a cat. Damn shit fugly one too.

Hotsuma
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:18 AM
I don't know about you all, but I wish some of the other Shinobi appeared again, from the past. If Zabuza and Haku were still alive, it'd be clean to see them fight again. Or, if the Sound-3 (Dosu, Kin and Zaku) were alive, them too.

Mut
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:20 AM
1. kiba is not one of the stronger genins. just a 'above average' genin with some secret clan move.

2. people aren't realizing that kankurou has an extra puppet on his shoulders. the left side of hat is like blending in with the puppet's hair. that's why it looks weird.

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:43 AM
"seems like you wouldn't notice a smell you're always smelling"
"you camoflaged your own smell with that huh....seems like you know the characteristic of smells"
"No wonder I couldnt smell a thing"

the most times the word "smell" has ever appeared on one page i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

the strap i think was the biggest giveaway of kankuro having a second puppet.....at least thats the first thing i noticed

Neji-Aniki-sama
Sun, 04-11-2004, 03:39 AM
I was just rewatching Psycho, and the similaties between Marion Crane and Shigure's deaths are quite stricking.
She dies in the shower, and we see her life/blood being drained out out her.
Shigure, means short winter rain, shower...he is a Hidden Rain Ninja, his technique is a shower of needles. Gaara makes a rain of blood. We see the Shigure's life turning into blood/dust and being drained out of him, in an even more gruesome manner than in Psycho.
Besides, both Gaara and Bates have to deal with the fact that they directly or indirectly caused the deaths of their mothers.
Bates *baits* Marion with his innocent awkward appearance, Gaara also *baits* Shigure with his child-like appearance, when actually they both are strong cold-blooded murderers.
Still hard for me to deal with Gaara's possible redemption. It is just too bizarre, like watching Norman Bates leaving the looney bin to live a normal, productive life.
We only value things when we lose them.
I will miss this miniature Bates. Gaara will always be my fav evil guy in this story.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 04-11-2004, 07:48 AM
NO FUCKING WAY. fucking absolute craziest chapter ever. i'ma have seizures.

EDIT:

ok...so it was pretty clear that kiba, shika, and lee really could not finish the fight if kishimoto had to bring in gaara's team. but it kinda makes lee look like a...failure? i mean, cmon...that kind of sucks i guess =/

man, kiba was fucked. shika was fucked. and lee was fucked. i think we all underestimated the last three of the sound's 5. jiroubu and kidoumaru sucked but tayuya, sakon/ukon, and especially kimimaro were all really stronger than we all thought. ahahaha i fucking knew it, lee CAN'T be on par with kimimaro! w0000000000000t. lee got man handled.

and someone said something about gaara's team and naruto's crew ganging up to take down akatsuki...that sounds like it can happen.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TRANSLATION!!! =D

Lee as he said cant push himself too hard since he is fresh out from a surgery. He might had a chance if he was at his best and could open more than the first gate.

Someone said that Lee needs to win a real fight,i totaly agree cause im tired of everone stealing his tunder. It seems that Lee is only in this manga for making the others look good.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Anbupawn, you are the l33t. I love the coloring in Temari's sash... it looks so pretty O_O
I'm still Gaara's new outfit's bitch though.... I can stare at it for hours (well, minutes) and think how cool it is.

Also, yeah, Itachi will beat Sasuke without breaking a sweat, and maybe, and just maybe, when Sasuke goes lvl.2, Itachi will raise an eyebrow and use one of his hands!! And once he's beaten Sasuke, he'll say something like... "Pathetic" or the likes, and Sauke will have yeat another trauma.

MightyDustLoop
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Itachi=overrated. He killed everyone out of ***** envy and left Sasuke alive for obvious reasons. He's after Naruto for the sexy no jutsu, so he won't need women anymore (who would laugh at him)

itachi_
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Who's doing those paintworks, It was Beautiful.

Mut
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by: Hakeem_21
Lee as he said cant push himself too hard since he is fresh out from a surgery. He might had a chance if he was at his best and could open more than the first gate.

cry cry cry whine whine whine. kimimaro is dealing with a fatal illness. so the playing field is even.

lee = owned.

chaos4ever4
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Thinking about it some more, Gaara has changed quite a bit already, since he is backing up Lee with his sand (something he never did for other people during the Chuunin arc). What gets me, though, is that he still has that "ai" kanji/character on his brow. It makes me think as to what the significance of that "ai" is these days, if Gaara is not as self-loving anymore.

I also have a feeling that Kimimaro will go level 2, and his bones become a ranged attack or something to that order. Perhaps that'll match Gaara's sand ability of (ranged) sand manipulation. Just a guess.

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:17 PM
well even if it isnt about just himself anymore, he's still someone who desires love
besides.....he cant just......remove the tattoo i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

sangai
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:18 PM
why not he created it with the sand. im sure if he willed it enough to remove itself, it might dissapear.

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:24 PM
he created it with sand by having the sand carve into his scalp

PSJ
Sun, 04-11-2004, 05:07 PM
wow great chapter. i loved that the sand shinobi arrived and as good guys to! that was one of the things i most wanted, gaara being a good guy i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. kishimoto really put a nice twist on it the last 2 chapters.

NOTE: i didnt read any of the other posts.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 04-11-2004, 09:53 PM
man, cant waite till i get to read the next chapter, so juiced to c gaara kik some ass

BakaShinji
Sun, 04-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Part I:

Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
it actually reinforces the belief that Akatsuki is also after Gaara, and that's why they've paired Itachi with Kisame: Itachi becuase he knows the leaf village well, and Kisame to stop Gaara's sand (and Naruto's chackra) from taking effect...

I've thought about this, and I dont' think Akatsuki would give a rat's ass about Gaara's wannabe demon. Shuusaku afterall is only like an old priest that became a demon incarnate or something like that.

We all know what Shuusaku would pale in comparison to Kyuubi. Kyuubi>gamabunta>shuusaku.

Kyuubi reigns supreme and it is one of the legendary monster thingamabobbers. Maybe if Akatsuki screws up on Naruto they'll go after Gaara. Supposing that they don't have contracts with better summons already.

Part II:
I think we have to remember in the end that Kimimaro supposedly had lost his ability to completely metamorphasize according to Kabuto.

Either what he's doing now is beyond his threshold, and he will end up dead - or his actually capabilities hasn't been done yet. We'll have to see. I hope he doesn't go up in flames just because of his "accident" when he really turns up the heat. I want this fight to be gooooood =).

BTW - Any predictions on how is Kankuro going to handle the "other" half - seeing how he prefers distance fighting while pugface likes close-combat. What about Temari?

sangai
Sun, 04-11-2004, 11:03 PM
also maybe its kimimaro blood limit that is makin him sick, its like he isn't supposed to have it, maybe his blood limit is orochimaru's attempt at an experiment that went wrong so the blood line is not perfect.

whats to say that oro won't experiment on his own men, he'll sure kill em.

Djangor
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Man this chapter was so cool i relly love it.

Is it gone be Itachi and his follower who comes in next? and after them comes jiray and some one else and sone the rest of the sound and after that comes rest of the leaf and the all the other hidden villeges?=)

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:40 AM
ok, if kishimoto planned on bringing back random characters, why doesn't he bring back the coolest of them all: itachi. i mean, lee and gaara and co coming back was cool and all, but i think it's about time that itachi makes an appearance and kills everything in sight.

Vagabond
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:09 AM
hm i'd rather see someone else from the akatsuki make an appearance.
Who knows all the other members could be twice as strong then itachi and kisame. (I highly doubt that but it's still a possibility)

sangai
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:15 AM
yes there is a big possiblity that there is someone stronger then itachi and kisame inside the akatsuki. but right now id dunno id kinda like to see mizuki show up out of no where.

or just some random demon (could be part of akatsuki) you never know.

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:35 AM
i'd be surprised if itachi IS the strongest of the akatsuki
it would be very uncharacteristically "anime" of this series to have a mysterious organization of people with great power, but have the strongest of that organization be one of the first villians ever mentioned in the entire series.......

although then again.....i guess i could see that happen.....
but in this case, i expect there to be some people stronger than itachi

skyro
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:23 AM
They should've had Shino instead of Kiba in the genin group. Then all the "rescuers" would have had a past with the person they saved. Temari fought Shikamaru, Lee fought Gaara, and Shino fought Kankurou, but Kiba really has no relation to Kankurou at all.

And introducing Itachi back into the manga at this point doesn't really seem logical and wouldn't help the plot in anyway I can tell. Sasuke should first do whatever he has to do to get to Itachi's level so we can actually see the plot advance, otherwise it'll just be like the last time Itachi and Sasuke met and it'll be boring and a waste of chapters. Kishimoto should do a time-jump after this arc because I think it'll add a lot more freshness to the series that it once had, and give time for Sasuke and all the other genin to improve and do their thing.

And the change of clothes for Gaara and Temari looked great. Even Kiba without his jacket too. Gaara definitely looks more like an actually ninja now. They should have more changes in apparell for some of the other characters (Naruto is in dire need of one).

Hakeem_21
Mon, 04-12-2004, 03:13 AM

Originally posted by: Hakeem_21

cry cry cry whine whine whine. kimimaro is dealing with a fatal illness. so the playing field is even.

lee = owned.

You cant compare Lee with Kimimaro cause Kimimaro is a monsteri/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

itachi_
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:42 AM
yes there is a big possiblity that there is someone stronger then itachi inside the akatsuki

No there isn't, because Itachi is the strongest character that's alive... If someone is stronger then him, that shinobi would be able to take over the "naruto" world, including all countries, because have the power that's greater then Itachi, it's godlike, no one can beat it.

Winged Dancer
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:46 AM
Dude, Itachi is just a member from the Akatsuki. Whether he's the strongest or not, we have to see. Yes, for the moment he is the strongest character alive, but there are other members we have yet to see and, above all, the Akatsuki leader... unless its some mafia-boss like Gatou, he's bound to be an extremely powerful ninja.

Cloud 9
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Good chapter. Quite shocking, like the manga chapters before it. I'm extremely hyped about the next few chapters.

Nine Tailed Demon
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Is it just me or is it getting out of hand. First Lee comes back and now Gaara with his sister and brother. Who's coming back next? Hinata and Sakura?

Trip
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:30 AM
ok, if kishimoto planned on bringing back random characters, why doesn't he bring back the coolest of them all: itachi. i mean, lee and gaara and co coming back was cool and all, but i think it's about time that itachi makes an appearance and kills everything in sight.

I think if anything that's something they will build up to later. Naruto/Garra becoming freinds (due to the comman ailment i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif ) and helping sasuke beat iatchi, after sauske gains more power (be it from oro or somehwere else).

It's hard to tell exactly how this story 'arc' will end but hopefully it will get better than just random character appearances.

Kurapica
Mon, 04-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Very nice chapter and the last page is now my desktop image.
Too bad Lee didn't have his shine this time.

PS: Jiraya>Itachi.

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:22 PM
someday lee will actually win a fight

Tenkei
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:32 PM
Why is it that every thread about every chapter gets reduced into a discussion about Itachi coming back? Personally, it's kind of suggesting that you guys have a lack of originality here. At least try to get mroe out of a chapter than "Maybe Itachi will be back soon!"

As for his strength - he definitely will not be the strongest character in the the manga/anime. He was introduced so long ago - that just as the rule of thumb in manga goes, the next person to appear will be even stronger than him. I would have to imagine that the leader of Akatsuki is the strongest of all.

And the biggest reason as to why Itachi is not the strongest is this. He's Sasuke's enemies, not Narutos. The strongest enemy in the series will be Naruto's enemy, and his alone. Sure, Naruto could kill Itachi, but the whole series is set up so that Sasuke will be the one trying to do that. Even if Naruto did kill him at some point, I'd still consider him more of "Sasuke's Enemy."

So, just deal with the fact that there most likely is going to be someone that could easily dispatch of Itachi.

As far as the chapter goes, I was really excited. I can't wait to see the interactions between the Sand shinobi and those of the Leaf. It should be really interesting. As far as Shino coming back .. I don't see that happening, and I honestly hope it doesn't. There's just no need for him right now.

If Shino's doing -anything-, I hope he's out there getting Neji and (maybe) Chouji back to the Leaf so that Tsunade can try to help them.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Now, why we keep calling it Akatsuki, when we could call it Red moon?
And Itachi, weasel, for that matter???? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

And speaking of Itachi, I agree with Tenkei. He's too much entangled with Sasuke, to me is more like is there to be the excuse for Sasuke's angst than anything else.
As a character, he doesn't have a clear agenda, I mean his goal of getting Naruto is sorta weird. He is not doing it for himself, but for somebody else. No decent bad guy would be a mere henchman of an organization, much less bossed around.
Orochimaru has a clear agenda, even though I consider it a bit stupid, but he is his own man, or snake so to speak. Not only his goal is stupid, but he is stupid himself. He wasted a great deal of time with his personal revenge against the 3rd, and even lost the use of his arms in the process. Really dumb.
IMO, if he were a real smart evil guy, he'd put an act to the 3rd, saying that he was sorry, and remorseful and beg for his forgiveness in tears. Once he recovered the 3rd's trust, he could learn all the jutsus that he wanted, get Sasuke as a bonus, until finally be in a position of kill the 3rd in his sleep.
If Kabuto wasn't such an insuferable disgusting jerk, I could even respect him. Here's a guy with his own agenda and doing the smart thing. He doesn't mind being Oro's doormat, and reap the benefits from such position. The nice thing about Kabuto is that we never know when he will stab Oro in the back, and he seems smart enough to figure out the right moment, when he is strong enough and Oro vulnerable.
It may take years, but a good evil guy recognizes the value of patience as a virtue.
Still, the downfall of Kabuto may be his need for a personal revenge against Konoha.Which obviosly will impair his reasoning.
Gaara had his own agenda. To kill whatever living creature that crossed his path. He recognized it as the purpose of his existence and therefore, was happy with himself. He's a perfect evil man, if we consider evil as the supreme selfishness. He wasn't entagled in personal vendettas, his goal wasn't make other people suffer, but simply to kill them. He didn't need to kill anybody in particular, so he didn't go through a great deal of trouble to kill *a* specific person. He said he'd kill Shikamaru and Naruto, but he could wait for the best opportunity to do it. There was no hurry. Again, for the good evil guy patience will always be a virtue.
Except for the old Gaara, and possibly Kabuto, the other two have too many personal problems preventing them from being decent evil-doers.

skyro
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by: Tenkei
Why is it that every thread about every chapter gets reduced into a discussion about Itachi coming back? Personally, it's kind of suggesting that you guys have a lack of originality here. At least try to get mroe out of a chapter than "Maybe Itachi will be back soon!"

As for his strength - he definitely will not be the strongest character in the the manga/anime. He was introduced so long ago - that just as the rule of thumb in manga goes, the next person to appear will be even stronger than him. I would have to imagine that the leader of Akatsuki is the strongest of all.

And the biggest reason as to why Itachi is not the strongest is this. He's Sasuke's enemies, not Narutos. The strongest enemy in the series will be Naruto's enemy, and his alone. Sure, Naruto could kill Itachi, but the whole series is set up so that Sasuke will be the one trying to do that. Even if Naruto did kill him at some point, I'd still consider him more of "Sasuke's Enemy."

So, just deal with the fact that there most likely is going to be someone that could easily dispatch of Itachi.

As far as the chapter goes, I was really excited. I can't wait to see the interactions between the Sand shinobi and those of the Leaf. It should be really interesting. As far as Shino coming back .. I don't see that happening, and I honestly hope it doesn't. There's just no need for him right now.

If Shino's doing -anything-, I hope he's out there getting Neji and (maybe) Chouji back to the Leaf so that Tsunade can try to help them.

I believe that is just all the Itachi-fanboys, the people who will just cling to whoever they think is the strongest character in series. So true about your reasoning though, this is a manga after all. I hope this arc ends soon, the 4 sound nin are probably some of the most boring villians introduced thus far IMO. The plot needs to move foward.

Suzu
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Damn Temari's hot!!!!!!! Her new outfit is hype. Thank God they brought back the best female ninja (except Tsunade and Kurenai of course). Gaara also looks amazing and fighting with Lee, who would've thought. It was pretty intense. Kankuro is still ugly and just weird. I hope he gets killed and i want someone to smash that stupid Karasu of his.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by: Suzu
Damn Temari's hot!!!!!!! Her new outfit is hype. Thank God they brought back the best female ninja (except Tsunade and Kurenai of course).

You forgot Anko. There are plenty of kick-ass women in that manga. And Tsunande may be more powerful but Kurenai is classier. Any woman who can look good in a bandage dress is the classiest of them all.
Still, Sakura give as bad name to all of them. Most characters, men and women, have grown. Sakura and Sasuke are considered main characters, still they remain the same as they were in chapter one. Amazing.

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 03:22 PM
look at all these itachi haters assuming random shit. funny.

rockmanj
Mon, 04-12-2004, 03:33 PM
how could anyone forget about anko?? imo, the best (but not most powerful) kuniochi

Suzu
Mon, 04-12-2004, 04:04 PM
how could anyone forget about anko?? imo, the best (but not most powerful) kuniochi

Yeah you're right i love her too. Especially her kinda darker side and her Naruto-ish tendencies

itachi_
Mon, 04-12-2004, 04:07 PM
look at all these itachi haters assuming random shit. funny.

They haven't seen true power yet.

WORD

Kurapica
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:10 PM
Neither have you, so just assuming Itachi is the strongest just because he was introduced as a bad-ass character is not very bright either. Let's just await the outcome of the next chapters and we will probably see that Itachi (*shivers* ) ain't thát strong.

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:15 PM
i don't think you participated in the uchiha itachi discussion topic. plz, do not start it again, instead go read the thread..

immortality
Mon, 04-12-2004, 05:23 PM
man i just read...this is so bull shit..they were all gonna die..except shikamaru..of course...damn....it would have been interesting if they didnt show up..im sure shik would have survived....

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-12-2004, 06:22 PM
I think some people here have an interesting concept of Power.
For me, simply put, power is the capacity to get what you want.
Did Itachi get what he want? No. So, until he proves otherwise, I consider him powerless.
In what beating Kakashi make him advance toward his goals? That just made Kakashi more furious and determined to do something about him. If he were powerful, he'd had killed Kakashi on the spot, since he is an obstacle to his goal.
And don't give the me line: I am not going to kill you now, but I will kill you later.
Either you kill or you don't, and if you really have power to do it, don't make threats that only can come true in the future. If you are going to do something, just do it. Talk about what will happen in the future is as useless as argue about if they fought who'd win, the 4th or Itachi, Shika or Haku? That ain't going to happen, therefore we will never know.
So for those who say that Itachi didn't show his power , *yet*. I suggest to wait untill that time comes to make comments about how powerful he is.
And, yet on the subject of power. Neji, Naruto, Kiba and Chouji can beat Shikamaru into a pulp any time. Yet, Shika is the guy who's bossing all of them around.

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
I think some people here have an interesting concept of Power.
For me, simply put, power is the capacity to get what you want.
Did Itachi get what he want? No. So, until he proves otherwise, I consider him powerless.

this is the nonsensical* logic ever. than according to it, everyone is powerless.

EDIT: response to below:

I do find it funny though how if you say something negative about Itachi all the fanboys have to defend him as if it was some personal insult, and you are thus labeled an Itachi-hater (as if everything was black and white).

IT IS PERSONAL.i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

*edited because neji-aniki-sama found it offensive.i/expressions/heart.gif

skyro
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:33 PM
I think Shika would've died if Temari didn't save him. Same thing when Asuma saved him. Both times Shika was out of ideas so to speak, and that's what allows him to survive in the first place. And no, I'm not a Shika-hater, or an Itachi-hater, or whatever. Shika is one of my fav characters, I've always liked brains > brawn. Itachi eh, I haven't seen enough of him to like or hate him. He needs to be reintroduced later when Sasuke improves. Sharingan vs sharingan will be an interesting match-up (not counting Kakashi and his non-blood sharingan). I do find it funny though how if you say something negative about Itachi all the fanboys have to defend him as if it was some personal insult, and you are thus labeled an Itachi-hater (as if everything was black and white).

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:59 PM
[

this is the dumbest logic ever. than according to it, everyone is powerless.

Do you have any argument that supports this assertion?
So far, the only thing you proved is that you're a foul-mouthed person, and besides insults, have nothing of real substance to add.
Which makes your posts extremelly boring.
I advise you not to waste your time responding to my posts. This is one of the rarest times if not the only that I will acknowledge your need to insult others. And I am just doing that for your benefit, so you can avoid wasting your time, particularly with me. All in all the only person you insulted here is yourself, so it would be really dumb to take this personally.
You remind me of a child who has just became aware of the existence of foul words in the English language and is eager to use them every chance it gets, and the the proper word to qualify such child is impertinent.
Again, I will make clear that you can use all sorts of unnecessary insults towards me, and they won't be acknowledged. Which means that, for me, t this conversation, ends here.
On a personal note, have you ever thought about the energy you're wasting trying to pick a fight with me and with other people in general? There are more efficient ways to call other people's attention upon yourself than showing your anger towards strangers.
Yet, if still want to pick a fight, I suggest you send me a private message.

This is extremelly off- topic and I apologize to everybody else for posting this here. My intention is just settle this issue once and for all.

Gods_Son
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by: skyro
I do find it funny though how if you say something negative about Itachi all the fanboys have to defend him as if it was some personal insult, and you are thus labeled an Itachi-hater (as if everything was black and white).

I'm not a fanboy, I'm just sick of the same arguments being brought up with Itachi over and over. There's too much hype on the guy, even if he is the strongest character alive right now. Neiji-Aniki, learn to let things go, if you wanted to settle the issue, then you shouldn't have typed out a long response to what Mut@t@ had said and should've just ignored him.

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:49 PM

[

this is the dumbest logic ever. than according to it, everyone is powerless.

oh so now you're trying to bring ME into this?

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 10:11 PM
So far, the only thing you proved is that you're a foul-mouthed person, and besides insults, have nothing of real substance to add.
Which makes your posts extremelly boring.
I advise you not to waste your time responding to my posts. This is one of the rarest times if not the only that I will acknowledge your need to insult others. And I am just doing that for your benefit, so you can avoid wasting your time, particularly with me. All in all the only person you insulted here is yourself, so it would be really dumb to take this personally.
You remind me of a child who has just became aware of the existence of foul words in the English language and is eager to use them every chance it gets, and the the proper word to qualify such child is impertinent.
Again, I will make clear that you can use all sorts of unnecessary insults towards me, and they won't be acknowledged. Which means that, for me, t this conversation, ends here.
On a personal note, have you ever thought about the energy you're wasting trying to pick a fight with me and with other people in general? There are more efficient ways to call other people's attention upon yourself than showing your anger towards strangers.
Yet, if still want to pick a fight, I suggest you send me a private message.

This is extremelly off- topic and I apologize to everybody else for posting this here. My intention is just settle this issue once and for all.

blah blah blah. ok, i will answer your first question.

according what you say, itachi is 'powerless' because he hasn't accomplished the things he planned on doing yet. right? then if what you say is true, according to it, EVERYONE is powerless. why you ask? here are some examples: sasuke hasn't beaten itachi yet, naruto hasn't become hokage yet and he hasn't brought back sasuke. should i throw in more examples or do you see why i said that it's dumb? ok, maybe 'dumb' wasn't the most appropriate word to be used. so, should i use 'ridiculous'? 'absurd'? would that be better for you? don't take my comments as a personal attack, you shouldn't let little things like that bother you. i have nothing against anyone in the forums and i don't pick fights, so plz . anyway, ill just ignore the rest of your comments.

i hope i explained your first question.

btw, lol, good one assertn.

EDIT: as for the part where you said i have nothing of real substance to add...do you purposely skip over my posts? cmon man, i've read some rude stuff before but i guarantee you that at least 80% of my posts are of well-thought out discussions and the other 19% being random OT stuff in the general discussion forums. you can decide what the remaining 1% is. i/expressions/lips.gif

xtort
Mon, 04-12-2004, 10:27 PM
It's too bad people can't just shut up about Itachi. The only people who keep beinging him up are the Itachi-nazis, and everyone hates his character because they like him.

As far as poor Lee goes, he's gotta be the unluckiest bastard in this series. If this were a straw-draw, he got the shortest straw every time, picking all the people whom physical attacks were useless against. His attacks are meant to be faster than a person is able to see, which makes me dislike the idea of Kimimaro being able to counter them, but whatever, not my story to tell. I think that if he went up against Neji, he would have lost for this same reason. He just has to lose.

As far as everyone and their mother showing up, this is a paltry sum of people compared to the first Level 1 Sasuke episode where he wooped up on the Sound nins. Remember? Lee shows up, gets whooped (by two people, this time, one who nullifies the physical attack). Then Chouji, Shika, and whats-her-face-loser show up. (For all of you that don't remember, the particular whats-her-face-loser is Ino, not Sakura, who had already been beaten up at this point.) They get semi-whooped, and Neji and Tenten show up.

So it was 3 teams versus 1, when this time it's... well...2.5 versus 1.66. Things are looking up for the leafs! (I need a little cartoon character in the bottom right side of my reply to say: "Yeah, they have the Sand for allies, you dummy!")

-xtortout

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 10:32 PM
don't worry about it, rock lee has won at least two fights. him against sasuke and naruto... ha.

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:29 PM
haha yes, forgot about that......
you know, i bet it sucks for the people who are a fan of a character whose only real contributions to any fight involve self injury

if lee has a long life, its all because of luck.....and well, maybe the merciful hand of kishimoto

Lithonite
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:22 AM
heh, i was wondering what the 5th meant by " i have already done someting about that " i think the leaf made a new trety with the sand- on ethat has both villages much more involved with daily duties. this is my only explination for what we ahve come to see. otherwise good or bad this fight is not something a group w=of nin on a mission would get involved with.

now to address 2 comments one Lee is no longer drunk- kmimaro makes note of this. second for the person mentioning how sasuke surpased lee..this never happened. he almost matched his top speed without opening of gates of course. and again for thoose you who are continually trying to put strength within the naruto universe on a linear scale... IT IS NOT A LENEAR EQUATION FOR THE STENGTH OF CHARACTERS IN NARUTO-THIS IS NOT DBZ. certain skills and techniques are simply more or less effective depending on the skill employed by an opponent.

also yes gaara is strong but he is still gennin/chunnin lvl any one of the jounin would own him. i highly doubt he is the strongest of the sand.... and if he is that really doesnt say much for the sand now does it.

Kimimaro has a taijutsu based fighting abuility his physical attacks will most likely not be able to break through the barrier of sand without use of lvl2...and lord knows what kind of power he is going to have @ lvl2 he is already a monster compared against even the strongest of the gennin/chunnin. He lacks Lee's speed so kimimaro is gong to have a tough fight against him.

oh yeah i almost forgot... as for Itachi and all the itachi comments. i hate to break to all of you. Itachi's can be beaten by some of the introduced characters. and from what i can tell from dialog and what limited interactions with Itachi. were it not for the mange sharingan anyone of the 3 would have a fair shot at beating him. its that damn genjutsu that Oro is afraid of. and it is that jutsu that really makes him so damn devistating. only way to combat it is to avoid looking at it. and from waht we can tell only one capable of performing such footwork is currently Gai... and no that does not mean i think that Gai could take him all it means is we know that his particular method of fighting itachi is effective agaist him.

back to the 3- Oro wasnt weary of Itachi until after thy had ben in akatsuki together. apperantly Oro saw something that itachi did that he knew he could not counter( im assuming mange sharingan ) why is tha relavent simple Jyraiya didnt back down inspte of the fact being from the leaf he is gong to know of itachi's past and very well what he is capable of. or so he thinks. He was not afraid of the genjutsu. as for the 5th... well honestly remains to be seen fighting a crippled Oro, and a jounin really doesnt say much to me.

as for itachi being greatest genious of the leaf..no unfortuunately this is not true. yes he was amazing hands down. but no more so than any of the 3 from what i can tell. especially Oro- the 3rd saw something in him that he had yet to come across. including a bright hopeful that surely would have caught his eye by attaining title of anbu captain @ age 13

Itachis is strong and eceptional strong for his age, seeing as he is still very younge but he is at the Hokage, and sannin lvl.

Mut
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:37 AM
it's funny how everyone still clings on to "sasuke isn't faster than lee!" too funny.

and why do people think kimimaro's fight is so onesided (kimimaro at disadvantage). yeah, it's a two on one but kimimaro owns, he ain't going down without a good fight.

Lithonite
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:54 AM
i remember reading ( although it may have been translated wrong ) how Sasuke was "almost" as fast as lee. it was something to the effect of coming close to Lee's speed, or something like that. no matter i highly doubt Sasuke could match Lee's speed with gates open i just dont see it in terms of balancing out skills and abilities. i dont however think that lee could beat Sasuke... unless he was drunk maybe... Anyway remains to be seen we are all pretty excited to see how th cchanging unfold and work into the story. i do have a feeling Sasuke is going to mop the floor with Naruto. hste to say it but Sasuke needs to train under Oro, because right now he really is too weak. All he's got is his damn chidori and under developed sharinga. Oro will develope thoose eyes and Sasuke's body over next 3 years ( with hope of jacking Sasuke's body of course ) and mold him into an extremely efficient machine of death. much like his favorite of waht was the sound 5- kimimaro.

HerioMortis
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:56 AM
and why do people think kimimaro's fight is so onesided (kimimaro at disadvantage). yeah, it's a two on one but kimimaro owns, he ain't going down without a good fight.
Yup, Orochimaru doesnt like choose whose gonna be his host yust randomly, Kimimaro was chosen for a good reason, obviously that is yet to be revealed. Like Lee hasnt even really touched him yet =P

Yondaime
Tue, 04-13-2004, 04:58 AM
the only advantage sasuke has over Lee in terms of speed is that he know how to counter attacks....but lee lacks that talent n he has admitted to that too. thats why when Sasuke was fighting with Gaara at almost the same speed as Lee he did more damage than Lee who was super fast. anyhow thats a thing of the past now since....now Gaara is figting Kimimaro.....i wonder if he'll summon Shukaku again...or transform ..that is yet to be seen.....but one thing is for sure....Kimimaro can't do shit to Gaara with his stupid Bones....because Gaara has the perfect defense against Kim....and plus Gaara has Lee too...

i can't wait for the next couple of chapters...i wish Kishimoto decides on a combo chapter .....that would be awesome.....like finish off the sound....and than leave the next chapter for just Sasuke Vs. Naruto fight......and i think Naruto is gonna kick Sasuke's ass all the way to Konoha....because Naruto know Rasengan, Summoning Technique...and recently he has been using his clones in a very strategic manner.....which Sasuke can't do....he can only form replications of himself...he can't summon shit....he just has chidori which can be countered with clone...and he'll run out of Chakra since he can normally use chidor twice....and third with Lvl 1....and now he is at Lvl 2 so i'll say another 2 more chidori attacks...

we all know Naruto is not gonna die....otherwise the series will end.....so we can easily predict that Naruto is not gonna get hit by any of Sasuke's chidori attacks.....Second Sasuke is not gonna get hit by Naruto's Rasengan....since that would kill Sasuke too...which is not gonna happen either.....so i think its just gonna be whole of Clones. Kyubi Chakra and Gamabunta....fight...

skyro
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:10 AM
I have a feeling Gaara will not use his badger-no-jutsu because he is good now, since I think mr. badger is an evil spirit (like it'll kill everything in sight, including Lee, which would be against the mission I'm assuming). Also because this is a manga, there will always be things that limit a good guys power (like those who watch Inuyasha, there was poison bees for Miroku's wind tunnel and Inuyasha's sword broke). Kimimaro will definitely put up a very good fight if Gaara doesn't transform, since he hasn't even went to level 2 yet.

About Sasuke and Lee, I think Gai said they were around the same speed, if you don't count Lee's speed when he opens the gates.

Elessar
Tue, 04-13-2004, 06:00 AM
OT - Skip if you want, does not contribute to the thread

Originally posted by: xtort
The only people who keep beinging him up are the Itachi-nazis, ...And now go sit in the corner and shame yourself for 30 minutes.
After that visit your history teacher and ask him nicely to explain to you the meaning of the words you use.

Thanks in advance, Elessar.

snowball
Tue, 04-13-2004, 09:54 AM
also yes gaara is strong but he is still gennin/chunnin lvl any one of the jounin would own him. i highly doubt he is the strongest of the sand.... and if he is that really doesnt say much for the sand now does it.
Do we know what lvl the people that tried to kill him were at... im fairly shure they were not gennins and didnt he a high ranked mission.

EDIT: O BTW does anyone know why my sig dont show....?

HerioMortis
Tue, 04-13-2004, 11:10 AM
I noticed Kankuro had a second doll on his back, does that maybe mean he can use two at once(one with each hand)? Would be pretty cool.

SNOWBALL: " You can enable your sig by adding <*img src="LINKHERE"> Remember to remove the asterisk, i needed to add it so the command would show up here. "

BakaShinji
Tue, 04-13-2004, 11:14 AM
And don't give the me line: I am not going to kill you now, but I will kill you later.
Either you kill or you don't, and if you really have power to do it, don't make threats that only can come true in the future. If you are going to do something, just do it. Talk about what will happen in the future is as useless as argue about if they fought who'd win, the 4th or Itachi, Shika or Haku?

Itachi didn't kill Kakashi because he wanted Kakashi to learn Tsukiyomi and pass it on to Sasuke.
That's my theory anyways.

Same thing when he pulled it off on Sasuke later on. He didnt' kill Sasuke because he was merely showing him the ability.

Who knows why Itachi is babying his little brother. Maybe he has some plan for him later.

Mut
Tue, 04-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by: Yondaime
....now Gaara is figting Kimimaro.....i wonder if he'll summon Shukaku again...or transform ..that is yet to be seen.....but one thing is for sure....Kimimaro can't do shit to Gaara with his stupid Bones....because Gaara has the perfect defense against Kim....and plus Gaara has Lee too...

what? you people thought that lee was gonna whoop kimimaro's ass cuz kimimaro's bloodline is the morphic bones. some idiot thought of 'LEE'S IRON FIST STYLE WILL CRUSH KIMIMARO AND HIS BONES" or some stupid theory like that and look at what happened? lee got beat like a step-child by his step-father. kishimoto will think of a way even out the battle field against lee and gaara, it won't be so damn one sided. GOD i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Uchiha
Tue, 04-13-2004, 12:22 PM
I think that Kankuro has 3 dolls now. ( It looks like it on the last page)

and I'm sure that Kimimaro will put up a really good fight vs Lee and Gaara, he can do whatever he wants with his bones, like change to shapes of them, split them, increase the durabillity and stuff like that so I'm sure he will find a way to penetrate Gaara's sand or he will just do something else awsome with lvl 2

Assertn
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:54 PM
lee's been incapacitated for a while though, sasuke had plenty of time to surpass lee's speed with what he copied from it, while lee prolly got a little rusty after not being able to train as diligently for the past however many months....not to mention he shouldnt be up to full strength right out of surgery

gaara can still use the badger transforming power, and i'd be surprised if he never does.....he still has control over himself in that form, just not when he's asleep. And even so, i can imagine him telling all his teammates to leave the area so he can safely call out shukaku if the situation requires it.

edit: and where's the 3rd doll? i only see 2

Death BOO Z
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:35 PM
first doll - active
second doll - on his back
third doll - he's holding it in his hands, but the page ends halfway through, so it isn't very clear.

Chek
Tue, 04-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Might be just me but Gaaras goard seems alot bigger too it was always big but looking back it seems huge now

Lithonite
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Gaara did have 1 a rank missioni believe but lets not forget so has Kakashi's team. and counting the going after Sasuke thats 2.

these kids arent weak that not what im saying but i am prety confident Kakashi could have killed Gaara, same goes for Gai. With kurenai use of use of Genjutsu im sure she could have done the same. Itachi, any of akatsukimembers im guessing any of the 3, could definately have killed him.

Lee was not beat like red headed step child. He was actually winning while he was really drunk Kimimaro was not able to compensate. granted once he was Lee got jacked up yet again. but i speculate after lee gettign his tail whipped so many times ( every fight short of sasuke ) Lee will finally be able to win against somone..

Mut
Tue, 04-13-2004, 06:20 PM
let's look at what happened:

1. lee comes in attacks, doesn't hit kimimaro (except for that blind cheapshot when he saved naruto).
2. lee gets drunk, hits land on kimimaro.
3. kimimaro goes lvl 1 (whatever lvl you wanna say he is at) and cuts up lee like a piece of meat.
4. lee goes wtf, tries to attack again and gets his arm impaled.
5. we see lee regaining consciouness and even more cut up and bruised than before.
5. lee sobers up, opens up first gate and attacks. but attack stopped by bones
6. kimimaro is seconds away from putting a hole in lee's face but gaara saves him with his cat litter.

in six easy steps, i've proven that lee was getting beat like a step child by his drunk father. sorry lee fans, lee is a little girl.

Lithonite
Tue, 04-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Lee landed more than 1 hit- and yes after Kimimaro went lvl1 it was game over for Lee. but Lee had begun to sober up- enough for Kimimaro to make note of it. with drunken fist Kimimaro was not able to compensate quik enough to block Lee's unpredictable movements...then again he hadnt gone lvl1-

well it is safe to say Kimimaro would mop the floor with Lee, but lee did hold his own after he drank the sake.

Assertn
Tue, 04-13-2004, 08:33 PM
i dont see a 3rd doll......i see karasu in front of ukon, and i see another behind kankuro
the only thing kankuro has in his hands is the strap for the one behind him, his other hand is for the chakra strings that Anbupawn did a good job of adding in

Xceleration
Tue, 04-13-2004, 09:54 PM
To answer some questions(not sure if answered already, dont wanna read 12 pages),
Gaara is now good because of Naruto making him realize that fighting for others is why you become strong. He started to understand friendship/love. I personally think the Tayuya and Sakon have no chance against Temari/Kankuro, first because they've used up most of their chakra from activating level 2 seals. Sakon isn't in level 2 anymore, and hes no longer combined with Ukon, which means Kankuro can most likely beat him. Termari is fighting a weakened Tayuya too which gives him a good chance. Gaara has Shakuku inside him and him incredible ultimate defense of sand, and he can do desert coffin, I doubt Kimimaro can match the power of a demon. So im pretty sure that the sand trio will beat each of the Sound considering they're all weakened.

Assertn
Tue, 04-13-2004, 11:29 PM
that would be my thought......although kimimaro DID defeat like, 200 kyubi narutos

Mut
Wed, 04-14-2004, 12:19 AM
i'm seriously gonna be pissed if kishimoto has kimimaro get beaten to a pulp by gaara's cat litter. kimimaro should whoop ALL of their asses and just lose at the end.

Xceleration
Wed, 04-14-2004, 12:23 AM

yes there is a big possiblity that there is someone stronger then itachi inside the akatsuki

No there isn't, because Itachi is the strongest character that's alive... If someone is stronger then him, that shinobi would be able to take over the "naruto" world, including all countries, because have the power that's greater then Itachi, it's godlike, no one can beat it.

This is the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen, Itachi is not the definate strongest, are you saying he's stronger then the 3rd hokage when he was alive? No. Itachi isn't godly, get that through your head. He may be strong, but NOWHERE in the manga does it state that Itachi is the strongest ninja alive. Just believe Orochimaru says Itachi is stronger than him does not mean hes that strong. Orochimaru only thinks Itachi is stronger because he is based on juutsus, and Itachi will copy all of them. Someone like Jiraiya though, he doesn't solely rely on juutsus, and neither does tsunade. From what source did you get that Itachi is godlike. Your information isn't even backed up by anything from the manga, your assumption is therefore invalid. No one can beat it? That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard from an Itachi fanboy, Itachi isn't godly, and Itachi isn't the strongest. Itachi is strong, and he's a genius, and is one of the strongest characters introduced so far, but he is no way godly or he'd be the leader of Atasuki.

Assertn
Wed, 04-14-2004, 12:31 AM
the way itachi_ posts reminds me of this schizophrenic i know

Mut
Wed, 04-14-2004, 12:42 AM
should i just retire from itachi related discussions? actually, nah.

you said jiraiya and tsunade don't solely rely on jutsus...then are you saying that their taijutsu will be better than itachi's? hello? itachi has sharingan... and plz don't bring up the fact that taijutsu is the worst match up for a sharingan user cuz that isn't necessarily true. it's only a bad match up if the sharingan user isn't as fast as the taijutsu user. and besides, jiraiya and tsunade haven't shown us any GREAT taijutsu. tsunade has freakish strength but that doesn't really mean anything. let me bring up a...DBZ EXAMPLE:

trunks was stronger (physically) then cell but could not beat him because cell was more quicker and agile.

if kabuto was able to fight against tsunade (they mostly used taijutsu with the chakra scapels), then i'd say itachi should be faster.

BTW, i think 90% of the forum members hate me. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

PS, everyone check out my profile and rate me. =D

EDIT: response to below:

hahahaha, it's ok assertn!

anyway...well, obviously people like jiraiya will give itachi a lot of trouble. jiraiya is a sannin after all. itachi said that he doesn't need to rush anything and he was already exhausted from using mangekyou sharingan too many times. i say itachi is a smart fella and just playing the game as safely as possible.

EDIT: ah wtf! everytime i check my rating it goes down lower and lower =(

Assertn
Wed, 04-14-2004, 12:48 AM
if itachi was as strong as some people claim he is.....then he shouldnt have failed in his attempt at capturing naruto

what the? why does Mut@t@ have a better rating than me? i'm only half the jerk that he is!

Xceleration
Wed, 04-14-2004, 01:01 AM
By not relying on juutsus, i meant that Jiraiya has Rasengan, and Tsunade healing stuff, I highly doubt Itachi can copy this type of juutsu, which gives them better chances against Itachi, and even if Itachi is stronger then them, it's not by much, and it'd be mainly because of sharingan.

EDIT: Btw, I gave you a 10 on your rating thing Assertn i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

sangai
Wed, 04-14-2004, 01:06 AM
the reason that itachi didn't try and take naruto was cause he was already tired as it was. wasn't it the same day that he fought itachi and ended up using his mange sharingan. so he was already tired from that and he probably didn't have enough streangth to take on jiraiya.

also how do you get and give ratings.

nevermind i figured it out.

Assertn
Wed, 04-14-2004, 01:44 AM
besides.....if itachi WAS all powerful.....then i would highly doubt he would join an organization like akatsuki....unless he joined just to see if he could kill them all i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

thanks xceleration i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
it seems the way i post is reflected by the rating people give me....so the lower it goes...the more i'll be a bastard on the forums i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif (just apologizing in advance)

most people dont bother with the rating system, i'll prolly just take it down at some point since the only people that usually vote are ill-tempered whiners who dont like being yelled at for breaking rules or giving out massive spoilers

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Oh well, I usually like your posts AF, gave ya a 10 for the intellectual value and open-mindedness of your presence. If there's anything I CANT stand .. it's cement-for-brains people who live in a 1-dimensional black and white world where they can never consider alternative viewpoints, and who can only throw personal insults at others when they run out of things to say i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Raven
Wed, 04-14-2004, 05:17 AM
All this Itachi discussion, how come the Itach thread hasn't been revived? Then again maybe it has, I haven't checked yet. It won't be long before we'll have to make a similar thread in the anime section, I'm guessing.

Yondaime
Wed, 04-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Lee is good....he has speed and he can open gates...which is a genius thing to do in itself...even Kakashi admitted to that.....Lee is good enough to push kimimaro to go lvl 1 and i think thats an achievment too. now we have to see how good is Kim against Gaara.....i seriously think Kim is gonna get his ass kicked all the way to the Bone City.

Hyuga Koji
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:36 AM
It depends largely on what Kimi has left (including a possible level 2) once Lee got simple again he owned him.

If Lee was fighting with weights Kimi's in trouble as things stand, if not then Kimi has a possibility of dusting both of em (as unlikely as that is)

I'm betting on Kimi putting up a good fight before somebody shows up and breaks up the party or he goes down.

Lee pushed Kimi because he finally got past the problem with his taijutsu it's simplistic and too straight forward. without the liquor he would have gone down without really doing much more than impressing Kimi.

Xceleration
Wed, 04-14-2004, 06:51 PM
Kimimaro's got some dances left, and his bone abilities probably arent at his limits yet. I don't think that he has a level 2 seal, I don't even think he's used his seal yet, it's just his bloodlimit.

Mut
Wed, 04-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
All this Itachi discussion, how come the Itach thread hasn't been revived? Then again maybe it has, I haven't checked yet. It won't be long before we'll have to make a similar thread in the anime section, I'm guessing.

YOU CAN COUNT ME IN TO BE THERE FOR THAT THREAD! i/expressions/beer.gif

anyway, i believe kimimaro has two dances left. we've seen dance of willows, camellia (twice), and pines. so he has two more left. and is it just me or do his bones look hollow? that might be something. kimimaro is gonna own!

snowball
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:35 PM
This looks likes it geting to be the best fight so far. Kimimaro is a extreamly interesting fighter cant wait to see what he will pull out next (no pun intended... really...) and gaara was one of my fav char good to see him back in action i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Watching Gaara fight is boring actually, when he fought Lee, all he did was stand still like an idiot. The two of them against Kimimaro will still be a good fight though.

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:26 PM
i only hope that kishimoto gave Gaara more moves than the "sit there with your arms crossed while the sand does all the work" jutsu. Really no skill at all....gaara needs skill

Hotsuma
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Why are you fools talking about Itachi here? To make things simpler for every fucking dumbass who can't seem to put two and two together. Itachi is strong. Wait..lemme rephrase. Itachi is skilled. Which, more or less, makes him "strong". There's no fucking doubt that he's as good. Know what I really think? I think all of your Naruto nuthuggers are just pissed at the fact that the Uchiha has somebody other than Sasuke, who can kick ass with the use of Sharingan, not to mention, make the sannin look like a joke (and Naruto too in the process), and therefore, are trying to justify your dellusional thoughts of him being "weak" by forcing your nonsensical opinions down others throats. Get over it, Itachi is good. HEAVEN FORBID A STRONGER BAD GUY THAN A GOOD GUY. Or, a stronger new kid on the block. Even if you hadn't seen him yet, you'd still figure out that he'd be a powerful ninja, because of the ridiculous amount of hype building up in Sasuke's character towards him. Now, all of this Itachi discussion be taken elsewhere.

I just read the Inane version of the manga. Damn.... Temari is hot. I hope we get an upskirt of her.

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:26 AM
how is it more exciting for a guy to attack with his fists than for a guy to attack with sand? standing there with his arms crossed just adds to his personality....and i cant see how its much different than shino commanding bugs

thanks Memnoch, i do try to keep my posts tasteful i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Mut
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:34 AM
well said, hotsuma.

anyway, this might be a little OT:

i thought pure taijutsu fights were gonna be the coolest, but the hokage vs orochimaru fight was the coolest so far.

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-15-2004, 02:01 AM
You're quite welcome AF ..

Interesting perspective Dazzz .. I really liked the Oro vs 3rd battle in the manga, but the anime version hasn't done it justice IMHO. How do you feel about that? It's the opposite of the Naruto vs Gaara fight, which I LIKED in the manga, but LOVE in the anime, it surpassed my expectations.

I would like to hear your opinion on the adaptation of these 2 epic encounters i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif (And AF, too)

Hakeem_21
Thu, 04-15-2004, 04:17 AM
Oro vs The third Hogake was a lot better in the manga somehow but the first and second Hogake vs the third Hogake was a lot better in the anime cause there were a lot cool fillers in that fight.

I wonder if someone else can summon the third Hogakes monkey, he seemed powerful or can only a hogake level ninja summon him.

hiddenpookie
Thu, 04-15-2004, 02:57 PM
wow. yay! gaara is back!! wow i had fun makeing fun of this chapter in ms paint lol.

Mut
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:59 PM
a little OT but whatevers.

after i just finished watching 78 and 79, i feel that the anime doesn't do the manga justice on some parts. i thought they made the hokage fight better in the anime than they did in the manga (i'm using 'they' very generally) but the naruto vs gaara fight wasn't really that good. i think they made shukaku (sp?) look stupid. they used some little girl's scream and gamakichi's voice didn't really fit. i dunno, maybe it's just me...i really didn't like the gaara vs naruto fight even in the manga, so i guess it's a bias opinion. the manga (for gaara vs naruto) looked and felt more action packed. i just hope they make the rest of the fights more 'exciting.'

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 08:28 PM
its the opposite for me.....i never really thought much of the naruto vs gaara fight in the manga, but the anime made it more interesting for me.....while the oro/hokage fight (although cooler than in the manga since they added tons to it), kinda lost the feeling with those annoying references of the soul partially pulled out throughout the whole naruto/gaara battle

what they REALLY didnt do justice was the other jounins (chomaru, shikato, inozuka, hiashi etc) taking out the remaining sand and sound....it seemed so anti-climactic and thrown in.....what was the point of letting them terrorize the city while they evacuate the civilians anyway? wouldnt it make more sense to just confront them sooner instead of just later?....the only advantage they had in waiting was to allow the konoha chuunins and lower level jounins to kill themselves to decrease the enemy numbers a little

Lithonite
Thu, 04-15-2004, 09:14 PM
actually unless the civialian are exspendable you evacuate before you defend- otherwise the citizen captive would have been used as leverage, and if all your people are dead what are you really defending?

i dunno i thouht the Gaara vs. Naruto fight was done nicely in the anime. I also enjoyed how what they did witht he 3rd- interms of showig how much he really loved that village and its Nin, in cluding or should i say especially Orochimaru.

I have a feeling that kabuto was very much right in his comment about Oro hesitating to take the old man's head( and Oro mention how much kabuto analytical abuility was frightning...) this is only edified by the fact that Oro shed a tear or two before him and the 3rd got started.

i have a thoery although it is wieghing on a whole lot of speculation( but what isnt right ) Oro, is going to be change by Naruto just like everyone else this power is too great for any of the 3 or even Itachi to withstand. my guesse it Oro is going to go down for the kohona ship before all is said and done. but he will do it in an very Oro way, ya know the " there is something in my eye " way.

Mut
Thu, 04-15-2004, 09:19 PM
ok, i can see a 1/1000000000 chance of itachi changing to become 'nice' but definitely not orochimaru. i think it's been pretty much set; orochimaru = main villain. or at least for the most part.