PDA

View Full Version : Who had the roughest past?

Kyubi Naruto
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:22 AM
My vote would go to Gaara. Naruto did have a rough past, seeing how mostly everyone in the village (xcept a few ppl such as hokage) hated him, but they hid their feelings and didn't hate him as much as to want to try to kill him. Sasuke did have a very sad past as well; Seeing his whole family/clan wiped out in front of his eyes in front of his brother, and couldn't do anything about it. But Gaara's past is too sad, I think I would go insane with hate if I was alone all the time, and everyone wanted me dead, and the only person that I rely'd and trusted in the entire world actually wanted me dead.

EpoC
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:09 AM
well it must be worse being hated by his own family than to have none at all or maybe not.

Zansatsu
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Gaara.

Sanjuro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Gotta be Gaara. This guy killed his mother at birth, then killed the only person that he thought liked him (who actually hated him), found out that his father wanted to kill him.....and he can never sleep! Life sucks for that guy

Stoopider
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Definitely Gaara the MOST. Everybody had a very rough past.

And Sasuke and Naruto always had support. Naruto accepted his friends, Sasuke didn't booo hoo. Stupid idiot, Go gloomy by yourself.

Gaara had nobody. Totally nobody. Not that we know, who tried to befriend him, sincerely.

Naruto was more of 'ignored and feared'. Gaara, everybody kinda felt 'feared and threatened' by his presence.

Rek
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:15 PM
well, I was posting about this earlier, I just never made a poll... I think Sasuke...

It's kinda like some dude with wings coming up to you and saying, it must suck and you must hate your life because you don't have wings... but it really doesn't because
you've never had wings, so you have nothing to compare it too.

Naruto and Gaara never really had anyone, so its hard to compare. Which (believe me) totally sucks. But Sasuke had a family, a brother, a community... As I said, probably an entire village. Uchiha literally means Village of the Leaf. (Konoha means Of The Leaf) and he WITNESSED these peoples death...

A decent analogy would be being dropped on a bed of glass... all three were dropped on the same bed of glass, naruto was dropped, left there, then helped out. Gaara was dropped helped out a bit, then dropped back. Sasuke was about 3 stories up, then dropped on it, and rubbed into it everytime he gets in a fight that he might lose.

who do you think has it worst?

NM
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Gaara had it the worst. I mean, everyone in the sand village were scared of him and therefore hated him, he had assassins around every corner, and his caretaker who had told him about how love can heal the wounds in the heart really hated him. Gaara even went to buy ointment for the little girl he injured but she just closed the door on him to. Gaara had the worst childhood probably.

Sanjuro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Quick question on "Uchiha"- doesn't it mean more like 'House-leaf' or translated to house of the leaf?

Jman
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Gaara seems to have had the roughest past. Messed up childhood. His own father wanted him dead. Mother dead. Everyone hated him. Well no need to continue.

Noonan
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:11 PM
I would say Gaara and Naruto would be about tied - except that Gaara had people actively trying to kill him for the last 7 years - while Naruto started to make friends in the last 3 or 4 years.

Of the three I have the least sympathy for sasuke - I'm surprised so many people voted for him.

Tass
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:31 PM
garra...poor guy...seeing his flashbacks made me want to cry :'(

TheRaider
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:11 PM
i voted for gaara.. sasuke had his family wiped out but he grow with all that people admiring him.. always beeing top of the tops.. naruto had a very hard childhood but he was never involved in killing the ones he loved..

Mut
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:17 PM
gaara
sasuke
naruto.

naruto's childhood isn't even that bad compared to sasuke's or gaara's. everyone just hated him and that's it. sasuke saw his own brother kill his fam and clan AND made sasuke want to kill his own brother. gaara...well, everyone just wanted him dead and hated him. that sucks too.

Rek
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Hokay, bustin out teh olde japanese/english dictionary

Damn... your right... Uchi Means House, Ha means leaf...

I stand corrected

monkeyboi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:04 PM
gaara had the roughest past, seeing the way he turned out to be, naruto and sasuke isn't as ruthless as him

Rek
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:26 PM
that means nothing. you could have perfect past and turn out worse than Gaara. Only reason they didn't turn out as bad, is they recieved meaning for their lives early on (fratricide and Hokage) Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, Shikamaru, Choji, or even Konohamaru could all become much worse than Gaara

Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:40 PM
I think Haku is the black horse here.

I think all though Gaara had a rough past by going through that snizzle, he is not the worst all by himself.
Haku's dad killed his mom. Haku's dad tried to kill Haku as well. He was rejected by his most loved one. Rough pasts also depends on the character's response to it. Sasuke has a pretty damn strong mentality so he does not get effected by his rough past. Naruto had his slumps but through Iruka and peeps he learnt the support he had. Naruto and Sasuke leech off each other's friendship and no longer can compete for a rough past.

Ok i don't really know where I'm getting at anymore but Haku had a roughie too

ech3lon
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Gaara is the 1st as he is so pathetic of being betrayed by his own family and country...... got a monster inside him and everyone hates him...... he is alone with noone to share.......
Naruto is the 2nd similar like gaara and he is an orphan...... no family background...... being hated, powerless......

Sasuke is the 3rd ohhhhhh come on sissy pretty boy...... watch his whole family died by his brother...... he got sharingan and he got some skills...... PRACTICE MORE!!!!!!!!!! then kill someone....... then u will be afraid of....... wanna fight itachi..... just follow itachi's path to get stronger then........ THINK PRETTY BOY THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!

GhostKaGe
Sat, 04-10-2004, 03:47 PM
gaara betrayed by those he thoght loved him hated by everyone else hes never had anyone there for him sasuke at least had a decent early child hood and naruto never had to deal with death only lonelyness sasuke only had to deal with death, and lonelyness for a short period gaara had to deal with both for his whole life

Pyron
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Gaara hands down had the worst past i'd say. He kills his mom at birth, no one wants to be his friend and is scared of him. Yashamaru is a guy right? soo that means his uncle tried to kill him and on top of that, he never sleeps because the medium of Shakaku is suppose to be afraid of it's spirit? that's messed up

SK
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:03 PM
Naruto had just as bad a past as Gaara. The villagers hated and feared both of them. Gaara killed his mom, but Naruto never even knew of heard anything of his parents. I think both had a rough past the big difference is that Naruto could control the monster inside of him while Gaara coulden't. Gaara became a complete psycho when he got mad, and would lose control. Naruto never went psycho and tried to kill classmates, which allowed him to make friends, unlike Gaara. Both had a rough past, they just handled their situations differently.

Tass
Sat, 04-10-2004, 08:29 PM
thats because naruto found someone that didnt hate him though...if it wasnt for that, he might just have well turned out as bad as gaara.

humm...i wonder if he'd be able to control his demon though (without the friendship that Iruka Sensei gave him)...my guess would be yes, because unlike gaara, who was binded to his demon, Naruto is just a container for his. its sealed up so no "control" is actually nessicary. or am i mistaken?

Feannag
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Shouldn't be any contest, has to be Gaara. While Naruto still was an outcast/orphan in time he had people who believed in him. Sasuke wasn't totally alone in that he had a purpose to guide him (being an avenger and killing Itachi) so depite lonliness he had that to hold onto.

Gaara on the other hand not only had neither, but what was done to him was completely unjustified. He never asked to be the ultimate ninja, and he never asked to have the Sand bound to his body. He was just a normal kid that wanted normal things, and then those were denied him. And then his whole world was completely shattered when he inadvertently killed Yashamaru and learned everything he was told by him (the only person Gaara thought cared about and loved him) was a complete and utter lie. And that shattered his mind and mutated him into the monster he is now.

There really shouldn't be any contest, as the poll shows.

Feannag
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
Naruto had just as bad a past as Gaara. The villagers hated and feared both of them. Gaara killed his mom, but Naruto never even knew of heard anything of his parents. I think both had a rough past the big difference is that Naruto could control the monster inside of him while Gaara coulden't. Gaara became a complete psycho when he got mad, and would lose control. Naruto never went psycho and tried to kill classmates, which allowed him to make friends, unlike Gaara. Both had a rough past, they just handled their situations differently.

Actually I think the sealling involved in both of them were significantly different. Naruto's sealing was designed to be total and seperate. It wasn't intended for the Nine-Tails to actually interact with Naruto, it was done because a body is needed to house the Nine-Tails and Naruto was chosen from the 4ths scarifice.

Gaara, on the other hand, was sealed/bound with the intention of interaction. KazeKage intended to have the Sand interact with Gaara and protect him, to make him the ultimate ninja. The Sand had a more direct and tangible link on Gaara's being to give him the powers he has now. Gaara went insane not only from the deception but also from attempting to keep the Sand at bay and keep it from taking over.

SK
Sun, 04-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Naruto does have self control which was showed when he went psycho against Haku, when he was about to kill Haku, he stopped, and went back to normal. I'm sure if Naruto had decided to try and kill some of his classmates Iruka wouldent like him either...

Karasu
Sun, 04-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Gaara for obvious reasons.. I think Sasuke had a pretty rough past aswell.

Naruto sure he was hated and feared in someway but it didnt involve death and decay and betrayal and shit. But he sure had a tragic past aswell.

Black_Challenger08
Sun, 04-11-2004, 10:12 PM
I think it's hard to distinguish (for me) between Sasuke and Gaara...

Rek
Sun, 04-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Thats an interesting reason not to kill people... "I'd kill Sasuke, but then I'd get no Ramen"

Click
Sun, 04-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Gotta be Gaara, his past was as bad as it gets...

deadlydreamx
Sun, 04-11-2004, 11:59 PM
I would have to say sasuke because all your friends and relatives are all killed by your brother and then your left all by yourself to survive.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:15 AM
I think that Sasuke had a pretty rough life. He has to feel responsible for the death of his Clan. I mean Gaara had it bad....but Sasuke has to live everyday with the knowledge that MAYBE he could have changed things if only he was stronger. So Sasuke has alot of inner demons...and although they arent a Racoon Dog or a Nine Tail Fox...I think that Sasuke has it pretty bad!

i/expressions/devil.gif

Gama Oyabin
Mon, 04-12-2004, 03:33 AM
gaara ofcourse..those flashbacks where really dramatic..

Rek
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by: deadlydreamx
I would have to say sasuke because all your friends and relatives are all killed by your brother and then your left all by yourself to survive.

'thanks... I'm glad someone is finally agreeing with me. ^.^

...and you too devil

basey44
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:47 AM
gaara hands down
buts thats probably because in the flashbacks it shows his innocience (bad spelling i know) and how sad he is, sasuke was pretty bad as everyone he loved was killed, but it didnt warp him

Feannag
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
Naruto does have self control which was showed when he went psycho against Haku, when he was about to kill Haku, he stopped, and went back to normal. I'm sure if Naruto had decided to try and kill some of his classmates Iruka wouldent like him either...

Yes, but the only reason he did stop was he had met Haku earlier unknowingly. It was the recognition after the mask broke that stopped him. Had it been a stranger he never met, he probably would have killed him

SK
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:07 PM
And Garra didnt know his classmates?

InnerSakuraChan
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Garra definatly had it worst - 1) everyone hates/ is afraid of him/ 2) his fater has tried to kill him 3) he can't kill himself 4) he was created out of hate 5) no one aknowledes his feelings, they look on him as a monster however, 6) everyone respects him out of fear

next naruto - 1) everyone hates/is afraid of him however, 2) no one has tried to kill him, and 3) he can kill himself if he wants to. 4) naruto, however was "created" out of love, for the village (4th's sacrifice). 5) most of is childhood, no one acknowledges him, but, now, naruto actually has friends 6) naruto gets no repect.

saske is a distant thrid. 1) no one hates him 2) no one has tried to kill him 3) he can kill himself 4) wan't "created". his abnormality (the sharringan) is respected 5) is aknowleded by the village as the heir to the uchiha clan 6) and is respected as such. besides, all the girls want him.

High Wind
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
well, I was posting about this earlier, I just never made a poll... I think Sasuke...

It's kinda like some dude with wings coming up to you and saying, it must suck and you must hate your life because you don't have wings... but it really doesn't because
you've never had wings, so you have nothing to compare it too.

Naruto and Gaara never really had anyone, so its hard to compare. Which (believe me) totally sucks. But Sasuke had a family, a brother, a community... As I said, probably an entire village. Uchiha literally means Village of the Leaf. (Konoha means Of The Leaf) and he WITNESSED these peoples death...

A decent analogy would be being dropped on a bed of glass... all three were dropped on the same bed of glass, naruto was dropped, left there, then helped out. Gaara was dropped helped out a bit, then dropped back. Sasuke was about 3 stories up, then dropped on it, and rubbed into it everytime he gets in a fight that he might lose.

who do you think has it worst?

I Actually agree with this.

As of right now I have to say that Naruto probably had it easy compared to the rest.

As Rek mentioned, the others had no kind of happiness to compare their sorrow to, but Sasuke did

And Gaara... Thats like finding out that your Parents, Girlfriend/Boyfriend, or someone else you loved, has lied to you about everything, hates your guts, and wants to kill you... Just thinking about me being in a situation like that brings a chill down my spine