PDA

View Full Version : Rock Lee--The Coolest Ninja Ever?

Sanjuro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:28 AM
Rock Lee has got to be the coolest person on the series. Because of his crazy/ cool taijutsu, all of his battles are electrifying. Add to this his crazy/ cool knowledge of style and drama (passed down from Gai Sensei), a crazy/ cool work ethic, and the Secondary Lotus, possibly the coolest move ever, and you have the best (and most entertaining) ninja. Ever.

Kyubi Naruto
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:32 AM
you're about 20 or so episodes late to get the motivation of rock lee from the members here...

Sanjuro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:35 AM
But...but...he's still cool right? Right?

Mut
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:41 AM
rock lee is a nerd.

Kyubi Naruto
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:42 AM
yeah I really like him, I feel sad for him since he has to try so hard to be strong while sasuke just trains for a month and gets as good as him
too bad he has to act like gai, if he loses the hair cut and the eyebrow, sakura will be following lee instead of sasuke i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Gods_Son
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:49 AM
Rock Lee and Gai are both idiots.

lasaire
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:54 AM
I think Rock Lee is meant to represent someone who most of us are alike, and who we can all relate to.

Most of us aren't Nejis or Sasukes or Shikamarus. We're not geniuses (lazy or not), and if we want to climb ahead of the rest of the pack, we have to push ourselves twice as hard. That's why Rock Lee appeals to people, even if you don't like the Gai-Lee 'nice guy' style.

Sanjuro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:02 AM
Who wouldn't like the tooth-glimmer!?!?!

Himura_san
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Yeah but nerds are cool!

Pyron
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:51 AM
Rock Lee and Gai are the greatest cause their idiots. they provide good comic relief a lot of the times and they have shiny teeth!

Zansatsu
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:47 AM
All of Lee's fights r0x0r. Taijutsu r0x0rs. Lee's determination is respectable, sometimes he's funny as hell, but still, he's an idiot i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Btw, I almost started crying myself when he got up after he was already unconscious. That was... *sob*

jing
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:03 AM
but IM a genius.
rock lee still my idol though. or gai sensei.

Rek
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:02 AM
...seriously... maybe Rock Lee is most like you, but I'd compare myself as a watered down Shika... I'm not as smart as him, and I'm not as lazy...

but I never have to really try.

ZeaLitY
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Yes, Rock Lee rules, for all the reasons you've given.

Uzumaki Naruto
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:18 PM
rock lee ang gai sensie are both idiots, but they are there for a reason, and yes they are both kewl, lee is my second fav char and naruto is my 1st man if hes making u wet ur pants now u should go read the manga, ull shit and wet ur pantsi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Stoopider
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Rock Lee is my Forrest Gump in my life. He's a retard, but a good retard. Still retarded though.

Yeah. He's cool. Everyone who beats the shit out of Sasuke is cool.

Rek
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Even Haku?

HimizujinEternia
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
Rock Lee is my Forrest Gump in my life. He's a retard, but a good retard. Still retarded though.

Yeah. He's cool. Everyone who beats the shit out of Sasuke is cool.

Since when is Lee a Retard? He always seems to be incredibly intelligent to me, if a bit too straight forward.

Lee is one of my favorite characters. His development is awesome, his fighting style nifty, and his eyebrows are thick. I wish he would win more, though.

Tass
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
Even Haku?

i like haku...

Sanjuro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Haku is a little Gurly maan (Ahnold impression there). The name haku should never be mentioned in the sasme sentence as Rock Lee

TheRaider
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:03 PM
haku is just another shemale in anime.. Rock Lee is a big inspiration to all of us that give up on the first try.. and his relationship with gai sensei.. i think thats sexual aressement..

Tass
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:12 PM
could you be a little more negitive please?? i dont think i was feelin that one...yeah...is there anything u do like? or is that the stuff u like? =/

Knives122
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Rock lee is the man, he is the spitting image of everyone who works hard and tries

Gai
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:23 PM
I too, of course, believe Rock Lee is perhaps the coolest ninja ever.

Rek
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by: Sanjuro
Haku is a little Gurly maan (Ahnold impression there). The name haku should never be mentioned in the sasme sentence as Rock Lee

didn't you just shatter your mantra there buddy?

And of course you like Haku, Tass...

Tass
Fri, 04-09-2004, 09:31 PM
rofl!!! whats that supposed to mean rek?!?!

monkeyboi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:56 PM
rock lee is too cool.. cant wait to see his drunken boxing

Knives122
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:25 PM
why would he do drunken boxing

Assertn
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:54 PM
maybe monkeyboi is just under the influence himself.....
that would be a pretty damn funny sight to see though i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Rek
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:17 PM
yeah... tho if he was drunk he'd prolly do something with Gai Sensei... ew

yeah, that and in drunken boxing you don't use too much speed... it's mainly controlled randomness

Tass
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:23 PM
aww...not u too rek...cant gai and lee just have a normal teacher/studant relationship? lol =P

Rek
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:06 PM
If they had one before then I'd say yes...

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Gai and Lee are gay soul mates, there's nothing normal about their teacher/student relationship at all. Monkeyboi, people might think that's a spoiler, just edit it out.

v I said it might be a spoiler, it just seemed to be because he said he can't wait to see it, like he knew it would happen v

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:41 PM
It's not necessarily a spoiler .. if someone correctly predicts something while speculating/hoping about the future of the story/characters, doesn't it cause more harm to call it a spoiler and confirm it? Pretty tough problem either way, but I think as long as it's not done on purpose by people who really already know, it shouldn't be taken TOO seriously.

Assertn
Sat, 04-10-2004, 04:46 PM
i think konohamaru was referring to the certainty that monkeyboi seemed to emphasize in the way he said it
i could see where confusion can lie as a result of it

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:20 PM
That's true i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Maybe a PM would be better than stating in the middle of the forums that it's a spoiler. I don't know, tough situation.

Gods_Son
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:46 PM
I don't really like tattling on other people, I just want him to edit his post out just in case it is spoiler, to avoid any controversy.

MemnochTheCaT
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Good idea i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Tass
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:57 PM
when i read it, i assumed it was just a cool thought...never crossed my mind that it might be a spoiler!! thanx a lot KonohamaruCorps!! lol...but seriously...if that really does happen...plz plz plz, no one say anything! i like surprizes =)

Rek
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:16 PM
so if I told you that Konohamaru did Henge to watch the Chuunin exam, and its really him fighting oro, not hokage, you'd be pissed? Since you like Suprises and all

Tass
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:19 PM
OMG!!! if thats true...ima kick yo ass!!! ...grrrr

Sanjuro
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:34 AM
Hang on! Whats all this about a gay student / teacher relationship? People, people, Rock Lee is dripping testosterone! Just look at the eyebrows! Besides he likes Sakura right!

Tass
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:38 AM
LOL!!! very good point Sanjuro! thanks =)

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:23 AM
I think that Rock Lee is awesome. There is nothing like the feeling I got when i saw him fighting Gaara and when he unlock gates....Damn that was sweet.

Also I can throw down with him on Naruto 2 for Gamecube.
Ask AssertnFailure...i can throw down! i/expressions/devil.gif

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by: iMUSTbeTHEdevil
I think that Rock Lee is awesome. There is nothing like the feeling I got when i saw him fighting Gaara and when he unlock gates....Damn that was sweet.

well, there is also nothing like the feeling i got when i saw him getting crushed by gaara and when he was that he shouldn't be a shinobi anymore...damn THAT was sweet.

Rek
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:34 AM
rolling on the floor. laughing my ass off.

that was good... but I have a question... you are a first rate dick.

Do you work hard to be such an asshole? Or would you consider yourself a genius?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Actually....Rock Lee getting beat up was pretty sweet too. And had he been put up against any other Genin besides Gaara...I dont think that he would have been beat.

And as for him being 'crushed' by Gaara....Not so much because he is still
around...That shows how cool Rock Lee is.

i/expressions/devil.gif

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:53 PM
haha....yes.....the devil can throw down

Terracosmo
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
rolling on the floor. laughing my ass off.

that was good... but I have a question... you are a first rate dick.

Do you work hard to be such an asshole? Or would you consider yourself a genius?

I have taught him all the tricks to true asshole-dom i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Karasu
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Well Lee is a cool guy, he's funky and shit so that makes him pretty funny to watch, but he's a repeatetive flashback no jutsu charracter, Gaara should just have killed him to spare him the embarrasment.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Yes, Lee is a quality character. Powerful AND entertaining to watch.

And I'm sure Lee's relations ship with Gai is just a father/son type deal. That is to say, Gai loves him LIKE a son.

And yes, when Lee opens the Gates, thats pretty fucking fantastic.

SofaKing
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I like Lee's style. He's kind of a dork, but he does it with such gusto that he's endearing. His story is also one of the most touching because, like Naruto's, it's realistic enough to identify with.

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 10:35 PM
i think sasuke has the most realistic story to identify with. you know the usual "my brother killed my whole family and clan off to test his powers and then let me live only i can kill him". i'm sure there are a lot of people who can relate.

High Wind
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Hang on! Whats all this about a gay student / teacher relationship? People, people, Rock Lee is dripping testosterone! Just look at the eyebrows! Besides he likes Sakura right!

Wait.. Doesn't this prove the point that he's gay?

Unless... *Gasp* Your actually referring to Sakura as a Girl!?!

lol jk...Heh

Rock Lee Kicks ass

Haha and the shot of Gai with the Tidal wave Backround thing was pretty funny

lol I found the pic Here (http://narutopix.littlecooldude.com/Gai/Gai-0067)

Coutesy of LCD's awesome Naruto Pic Gallery

ad4mz41
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:02 AM
What makes Rock Lee cool is his uniqueness. I bet you'll never ever in the world find a character like him (except Gai). Hes also good at taijutsu. I still think Gaara is cooler than Rock Lee though.

basey44
Tue, 04-13-2004, 04:09 AM
wish i could fight like rock lee *sigh*

however gaara would have to be a favourite character cos hes so cool and doesnt care what happens

Lyzander
Tue, 04-13-2004, 04:54 AM

he might like Sakura but i get the hunch Gai likes Lee..... i mean he thinks he is cute and all....wtf....it sounds so wrong!!!!

but still Lee is cool cause he has the logic sense and all

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:25 PM
This isnt a spoiler...but i think that maybe, just maybe...Gai couldnt have kids...and so since little Cute Lee came into his life he is able to see what it means to be a father figure and to have someone look up to him. I mean who in here wouldnt want to see someone look into your eyes as they are fighting til the death waiting to see if you smile down upon them! I would. I would.
So Gai Gay? Nay I say
So Gai Straight? Well that's open to debate.

i/expressions/devil.gif

gokudagreat
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:55 PM
as lasaire said earlier, rock lee appeals to the people who arent skilled or talented and have to work hard for their dreams, even though garaa technically wins his match against Lee, Lee keeps trying even in his unconsciousness to stand up for whats right(literally and figuratively), even Naruto, who has to believe in himself and be determined to win, has the fox demons power in him and a determination that is inhuman in a way, making him a "genius" in his own way, possibly the greatest kind of "genius" althought that is yet to be seen. Anyways... Rock Lee ROCKS