PDA

View Full Version : Fan art site

kajic
Thu, 04-08-2004, 05:12 PM
I recently joined these forums and while surfing through the fan art section I got an idea. Seeing that people had trouble with finding hosts for their art in several threads I started building on a site where anyone can easily upload his/her piece of art. I have been playing with the site all day and now something that could be called a beta is completed.
Check it out and please dont be afraid of using it because I made it with that intention in mind.
And by the way, if you have got an idea of a nice neutral background that can be used instead of the white one and have the skills to draw/paint it please do not hesitate to help out. From all the amazing pieces of art I have seen here already I guess this should not be to much of a challenge for you guys.

Here is the link!
http://helvetet.org/anime/

r3n
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:31 PM
oooo nice idea, v generous of you to use ur own storage space i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kajic
Fri, 04-09-2004, 08:04 AM
I hope the storage will be enough for some time.
Now use the site and fill the drive because it would hurt me even more to see it unused. If there is some dead good feature you think I should implement just tell me about it.
And btw, please spread the word about the site to make it a place we all enjoy visiting to check out the new art! I have done my part by constructing the site and using my own server, now it all depends on you guys and gals.

Lenas
Fri, 04-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Tried to upload a picture and it said everything worked, but no picture showed up.

kajic
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah, Im sorry. Thats fixed now though and your picture is visible plus there should be no more problems i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Now go and upload more art as I see you are a productive fellow i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Lenas
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Yes sir! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kajic
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Omg, those pictures are breathtaking!

Lenas
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Just things I've collected over the past year or so i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Only one done by myself was the one where Naruto is covered in sand. I also colored the first picture I uploaded.

*edit* also colored the "Serene Leaf" picture.

kajic
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:46 AM
oo. I though you were behind all of them. Well, the first one was really nice... good job.

Uzumaki Naruto
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:28 PM
pretty kewl site u have there, and lenas u have some pretty good skils there i esspecially liked all of ur nartuo fan art

kajic
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Uzumaki Naruto:
Im glad you like it!

Kagari
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Kajic, that's very great of you...Sometimes finding a good host is troublesome, and having one that displays the art as well is perfect! maybe I'll scan some of my art and upload it next week.

kajic
Fri, 04-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Thank you! I would really enjoy seeing your art so please do scan it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Xollence
Mon, 04-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Nice looks good.

Orochimaru972
Mon, 05-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Kajic: I think you're doing a really generous thing!! I posted one of my own fanart, the one named "Kurenai" .

kajic
Tue, 05-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks! It looks really nice btw!