PDA

View Full Version : Midori No Hibi

Stoopider
Thu, 04-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Im downloading this also. Because I heard it has echiness in it. Is it any good?

chaos4ever4
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:34 PM
It's the first episode, for crying out loud. It's like judging a book by its cover.

I thin a better assessment would be made after another two or three episodes

Stoopider
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Well. Im downloading it very very very very very very slow. It's blardy 2kb/s. *sniff*

Stoopider
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Haha! This anime iS excellent!! Worth Downloading and watching!!

It's about this High School guy Who's a real tough gangster. He never had a girlfriend in his life. Then one day, he woke up and his right hand has turned into a girl. About the size of a doll. Much chaos ensues. Really funny anime. Funny and cute. Excellent! This one is going into my download list.

I am somewhat disturbed. I think there is a sublimal message about guys getting love with their right hands. LoL

However the anime is still excellent. Very original.

chaos4ever4
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:30 PM
well, snoopycool releases manga if you want to know more of the story. hopefully, the anime doesn't stagnate like the manga does.

Blue Wind
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:43 PM
As silly as this show is, the comedy is pretty damn good. I'll be sticking around to see how this one turns out.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I have mixed feelings about this anime, there were times I was rolling on the floor luaghing, and there were times I actually cloesed the episode down and considered deleating the file...

The anime is currently on the thin line between good humor and bad embarcement...
it can be great if it continues the line of crazy things happening between a man and his right hand, but on the same time, it'll probably become one of those "i got a secret friend and i talk to the air" animes, which i don't know how you feel about, but I really hate...

most of the time it was nice, not groundbreaking or even execptional, but i'd give it a couple more episodes a chance and then decide...

Munsu
Sat, 04-10-2004, 08:52 PM
I share the same feeling... but I'm sure i'll enjoy it either way... I really hope they get more fight scenes in... i think that's one of their strengths

Munsu
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:13 AM
Episode two has been out for a couple of hours now if I'm not mistaken for those of you that didnt know...

It was a very good episode so get it when you can

Arcn3ss
Tue, 04-13-2004, 09:02 AM
I love this series...

I like the ecchi comdey genre, and this is a new spin on it which I havent seen before. Its up to the person if they like it or not.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Well, ep 2 was great!
even my not-anime-fan brother watched it with me, and he liked it.
it takes another step into the pure comedy genre and a step away from the 'blushing' comedy.
I espically liked the rumor about how he wasted his hand, beating off a Yakuza guy who tried to run him over..

Munsu
Tue, 04-27-2004, 01:30 AM
episode 4 came out a while ago for anime-empire... go get it...

ryan92084
Tue, 04-27-2004, 06:10 AM
i liked it

Munsu
Tue, 04-27-2004, 06:14 AM
I actually found it to be the weakest episode so far... but nonetheless pretty entertaining...

oceen246
Wed, 04-28-2004, 09:41 PM
I liked it, mostly when he was about to hit everybody in the store with his karate chop chop, haha

Poiple Weezard
Thu, 04-29-2004, 07:17 AM
It managed to set down the groundwork for two new characters, so it wasn't too bad.

ryan92084
Thu, 04-29-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by: Poiple Weezard
It managed to set down the groundwork for two new characters, so it wasn't too bad.

2? ... shuichi....and his doll?

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-29-2004, 08:43 AM
One: Takamizawa (resident doll freak)
Two: Kouta (Midori's friend from school)

The episode also introduced Ayase's attempts to get Seiji to love her.
I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but in the manga they get pretty funny, so I was glad to see that they were going to start that.

This episode was better than the third in my opinion, that one went pretty slow.

kilzo
Sun, 06-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Last one is out, get it at mirkx.com, well, i really liked this i dunno about you guys

Munsu
Sun, 06-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Yeah... i wonder how it will play out... i think i'll just wait for a-e's version since i've been downloading the series from them... it should be out tomorrow night so the wait shouldnt kill me

Noir
Mon, 06-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Good comedy, very good, DLing episode 13 right now. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kilzo
Mon, 06-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Oh man, nice anime. the last episode was a real wait for the big ending but good.

whew. first glance at this anime i thought it was messed up and stupid with the right hand thing. but looking back its one of those cant judge a book by its cover things.

thundrakkon
Mon, 06-28-2004, 01:36 AM
***Spoiler***

I can't believe even in the end Seichi couldn't even say that he liked Midori like she wanted him to.

Masamune
Mon, 06-28-2004, 05:01 AM
just finished watching the last episode.

i liked this series, was hoping for more then 13 episodes actaully T.T

Foomanchew24
Mon, 06-28-2004, 08:44 AM
I'm totally bummed it is over. I was really hoping it would be 26 episodes but I did enjoy what I watched, it was a fun series.

meroko01
Mon, 06-28-2004, 11:20 AM
wahh its over T_T .. they could've at least made it 24 episodes or something T_T

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Bahha, i haven't watched the last episode yet, but as a manga reader, i can say that they seriously ruined the story...
as a manga, it's one of my comedy favorites, but the anime doesn't do justice to most of the scenes, the reason is becuase Midori no Hibi works better in small quantities, AKA, 2 mini eps of ten mintues each week, instead of trying to combine two chapters into one storyline...

just a quick reference to parts that the anime skipped.
1. the mad scientist.
2. the amrican transfer girl.
3. alot of Ayase's 'trying to get seiji'.
4. the "seiji tries to watch an XXX movie" chapter.
5. Kouta starting to idolize seiji....

the manga can be downloaded at SnoopyCool (http://www.snoopycool.com/index.html), and it's ten times better than the anime, trust me on that...

Munsu
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Episode 13 was a let down... a whole of build up for a one minute meeting where they didnt even kiss... leaving things unresolved

Foomanchew24
Mon, 06-28-2004, 03:27 PM
if you watch the credits at the end there is plenty that is resolved with seiji kun and midori chan. Just my opinion though.

hikaru004
Mon, 06-28-2004, 11:22 PM
I agree with Foomanchew 24.

***Spoiler Alert****

She confessed her love at the fountain in a scene that ended in snow falling. He didn't refuse her,unlike Ayase. In the ending credits, she catches the train with him and eats an ice cream cone. It looks like they are a couple to me. Just my opinion, though.

***End of Spoiler Alert***

It's so sad to see this end. I hope it comes out on region 1 dvds soon.

Goingin
Tue, 06-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Just finished watching 1 - 13 and i must say i liked this serie a lot
Thought it had a lot of funny stuff in it, sure as hell made me laugh a lot i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

This was the first serie i've seen that has love as a main thing in it (was always watching the mecha stuff/fighting/driving etc.) and it didn't disappoint me i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-29-2004, 03:03 PM
didn't really like the ending. -.-

Goingin
Tue, 06-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
didn't really like the ending. -.-

Yeah, the ending was pretty weird and too "soft" IMHO

**Possible spoiler**

Got the feeling there was still some distance between them at the end, even when they spend some much time together and saw some "private parts" of each other i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

**Possible spoiler**

Raven
Tue, 06-29-2004, 07:49 PM
The ending was utterly predictable, but you can't really expect any less. I knew his sister would be in it, as soon as he went home I knew she'd be there, heh. I should really read all the manga, it's on my hard drive, just need to get around to reading it.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-29-2004, 11:15 PM
yeah, i do agree that it was predictable, which made it a bit of a let down, plus personally, I didn't like all the "i'm sad and depressed" for almost the whole episode untill the end .

PCAnImaX
Wed, 06-30-2004, 08:35 PM
Luv the anime and I've to agree that the anime ended too fast too soft... The ending got a bit too emotional and I thought that it should be better... But all in all I take my hat off to the creators of this incredible anime...

Not only that this anime makes me ROFLMAO(Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off) but also brightens up my days...All my anime manic friends luv this anime too after I introduce to them i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hey, they've also released manga on this anime... Now I'm searching for it... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

P.S> How come I can get my avatar up in this forum, can someone help me on this... I've one 2kb jepg image on 57 by 76 pixels but I couldn't upload it saying error reading file... Help... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Munsu
Thu, 07-01-2004, 01:33 AM
One question for the manga readers... can someone point out any differences in the ending between the anime and the manga if any? Or are they pretty much equal?

Death BOO Z
Thu, 07-01-2004, 03:19 AM
I can't really answer that, seeing how there isn't a complete translation for the manga yet (i'm not even sure whether the manga reached it's end), but i don't think that there are many diffrences, if any. since the ending of "Seiji goes and takes Midori to a date" is pretty much the only possible ending for the story...

however, the manga has alot of funny parts, including Kouta falling in love with Seiji (or something close to that), the amrican transfer student who's in love with seiji, and the mad doctor who wantsto cut of Midori...
it's real good stuff, keeps you laughing for hours..

Raven
Thu, 07-01-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by: PCAnImaX
Hey, they've also released manga on this anime... Now I'm searching for it... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
You can find the manga here. (http://www.snoopycool.com/manga/midori/index.htm)

PCAnImaX
Thu, 07-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Thanks... But what I'm looking for is actually the manga books as it;s not available yet in my local comics shops... would like to order online but must be chinese/ cantonese version - for collection purposes... juz like I watch & collect Tenjou Tenge Manga - Hong Kong Edition and the Anime also.

Any ideas where I can buy the Hong Kong or Taiwan Manga version of Midori No Hibi Days online?

Thanx In Advance.

tensai
Fri, 07-02-2004, 03:28 AM
WHAT!!!!!!!
midori no hibi is over for real
this anime was pretty good, and i thought there would be hella more eps
13 is just not enough
man i just watched ep 13 and somehow, i thought this was just an ep that ended the season and they were going to continue it later on
that just sucks
the other week i saw day 40 or something, and on the titles for each ep in the anime it went by each day - one by one, so i thought it would span longer
guess i was really wrong
i want more dammit, but thats how i usually feel when ive watched the last ep of any anime - i just dont want it to end.......sometimes

Munsu
Sat, 07-03-2004, 07:42 AM
I'm glad the fansub groups released the whole series in time since it seems that it is now licensed by Media Blasters

Stoopider
Sat, 07-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Although I don't want it to end, But i think it ended quite perfectly. So was the timing of it.

Because it was kinda reaching a certain point where the plot has to continue and not bogged down by everyday stuff.

The manga was more screwed up and spoiled the magic of Midori No Hibi by having some other elements in it. (Another girl, another guy.. Bla bla).

Archangel
Wed, 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Epic necro

So i've been recommended this series and the first episode had some impressive animation but... come on, this is SO stupid! I mean even by regular anime standards this is utterly retarded.

Anyone feels like backing up the recommendation?

Sapphire
Wed, 10-20-2010, 03:50 PM
I loved this show, definitely worth checking out.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 10-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Yes, the setting is retarded, in a funny way, you'll learn to love it! It's a very enjoyable show.
When it's over you'll wish your right hand was a girl :D
I'm surprised they never released Midori hand dolls, with all her shirts :D:D.
Now I wanna see it again :D

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-20-2010, 04:49 PM
with a perceptive of five years, I look back on this anime fondly.
so it's safe to say whatever flaws it has weren't so bad.

I really can't understand why you think it's STUPID. it's no more retarded than any other Comedy\]romance anime.

I think I recommend it.

Psyke
Wed, 10-20-2010, 09:41 PM
I loved it.