PDA

View Full Version : Official Naruto 78 discussion! **SPOILERS**

lasaire
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Another week, another Naruto. What did you guys think?

Stoopider
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Waiting for Anbu Aone. Other versions are beneath me. Muahahah. *sniff*

kazamishima
Thu, 04-08-2004, 10:59 AM
all i have to say is this episodes owns...
all that waiting from the past episodes have finally paid off

Beautiful Green Beast
Thu, 04-08-2004, 11:33 AM
what about Shakaku (or whatever)... his voice is like Michael Jackson ! ooooooooowwwww!

Egan1
Thu, 04-08-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by: kazamishima
all i have to say is this episodes owns...
all that waiting from the past episodes have finally paid off

I agree. Great episode.

And now to do a rewatch...

Uchiha-Itachi
Thu, 04-08-2004, 12:06 PM
Very good episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Noonan
Thu, 04-08-2004, 12:12 PM
The only thing I didn't like was the preview - looks like art quality is going to take a dive in 79 i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

glitched
Thu, 04-08-2004, 12:54 PM
so in the intro there was kiba's dog, kakashi's dog, narutos frog, but whos pig?

Also, somehting didnt seem right with the gamabunta henge (9tails???) i think there is only supposed to be 1?

sangai
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:30 PM
kishimoto changed it from one tail to nine to please his viewers really and all i can say is why complain it looks bad ass.

the pig well not significant.i do know the answer.

loved the new op and ending was alright.

Assertn
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:32 PM
if you're curious about the pig, watch a little farther in the intro and you'll see him again

the point of naruto transforming into a fox is that its the actual "demon fox".....which has 9 tails.....
its hard to see where the tails are in the manga cause you dont get a good view, but it would be pretty dumb to try to pull off a very symbollic event like this henge and then just barely miss the nail by making them transform into "just some regular fox"

Raikiri
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:44 PM
=l

Hrm. Are the translations the same quality of Anbu?

Saruto
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:45 PM
You guys can read japanese or what?...i don't see the episode 78 in english...someone give me the link please!

sangai
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:13 PM
its not out in english some of us watch the raws, the words are pretty basic.

but i believe there is another thread saying that bakasan released his.

SilentSnake
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:22 PM
www.bakasan.net

bakasan-fastest release possible.
A/A-The best quality/speed possible i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif (toriyama is as good or even better, but slow:S)

back on topic- sweet episode!!
the reason why gamabunta "henged" into kyuubi is because it was the only thing
naruto could think of with "fangs" and "claws", i can't wait for the next ep! (again i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ) and also I can't wait for A/A 78 release (I don't rewatch bakasan)

Hokage-IV
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
if you're curious about the pig, watch a little farther in the intro and you'll see him again

the point of naruto transforming into a fox is that its the actual "demon fox".....which has 9 tails.....
its hard to see where the tails are in the manga cause you dont get a good view, but it would be pretty dumb to try to pull off a very symbollic event like this henge and then just barely miss the nail by making them transform into "just some regular fox"

Kishimoto shouldve gone with 1tail, subconciously it will give false impression that was the actual ninetails. Theoretically, in our my minds we will compare Gamabunta henge version of ninetails power to Shukaku or for future reference.

Doc
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Best episode ever! I loved the 1000 years of pain move Naruto did.

Also that new intro I think is my fav

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Happy to see the anime picking up in quality again i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Kagari
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:27 PM
I hate you guys. I'm never posting in an episode discussion ever again. Naruto was better when I didn't read this stuff.

There was an AMAZING new Intro, an AMAZING new outro, some INCREDIBLE fighting, naruto had an AMAZING realization and fought SO hard, and it had SO many cool story elements...one of the best episodes EVER, in my opinion.

and I come here and hear people complaining about tails, next episode animation and that they are "happy to see the anime picking up again."

.....What?!?!

MisterBigs
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:33 PM
What could you say about this episode? It was kick ass!!!

And, I'm happy to see that they did not cut back to the Saru/Oro fight (I hate when they show them just to tease us). Anyway, this is probably the best episode yet: Action, Character development, Kyubi, new Op and new Ed. Come on, it's going to be hard for them to top this episode.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

sangai
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:43 PM
ouch kagari that is a bit harsh but your right, they tend to complain i was so excited about this episode, for one reason the new opening had something in it that made me watch it abot six times and then the final scene i watched that about twelve times cause of how badass it was.

the episode was great next weeks will be great they covered alot in this episode(3 chapters of manga normel ep is 2 chapters) so i was like wow they sure got through a lot of stuff. but that just means we will see alot of great stuff.

BigMac
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:44 PM
is shin-otaku's episode any good?

sangai
Thu, 04-08-2004, 03:45 PM
don't risk it (if i recall there last ep was a joke ep)

so just go with the bakasan till anbu releases theres.

booJay
Thu, 04-08-2004, 04:11 PM
finally a good ep. I was surprised that Naruto would need Nine-Tails to beat Gaara tho.

PSJ
Thu, 04-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by: booJay
finally a good ep. I was surprised that Naruto would need Nine-Tails to beat Gaara tho.

you were suprised over that? what did you think he would beat him with? his own strength? he neede kyubi for neji....

Zansatsu
Thu, 04-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah, an amazing episode. Actually, I was kinda shocked that there wasn't a clip about the Saru vs. Oro fight when there's been a clip about it in the last eight episodes or so i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Saruto
Thu, 04-08-2004, 04:44 PM
When i go on www.bakasan.net

a site appered and its not www.bakasan.net but http://smart-finder.biz/1524/

It suck...i dont know what's this web site but when i start my internet now it's that web site that is my first page and that suck real hard.

booJay
Thu, 04-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

Originally posted by: booJay

you were suprised over that? what did you think he would beat him with? his own strength? he neede kyubi for neji....

I figured the giant frog would be enough

he never needed the big ass Fox to come out physically to beat Neji tho

Elessar
Thu, 04-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by: glitched
so in the intro there was kiba's dog, kakashi's dog, narutos frog, but whos pig?

Guest appearance from Peace Maker Kurogane.

Edit:
@ booJay:

If you paid attention, the demon fox did at no point come aut physically.
All he did was a simple HENGE of Gamabunta and himself to the appearence of the demon fox.
Just like he henge'd to Hakage-sama back in ninja school or into a windmill shuriken during the wave country arc.

ONCE AGAIN AND SLOW:
THE DEMON FOX WAS NOT RELEASED. IT WAS A SIMPLE HENGE INTO HIS SHAPE. HE WAS NOT UNLEASHED.

We foresaw that this would happen in the open section right ater we saw that the anime uses THE demon fox instead of just a huge fox like in the anime. Never imagined it would happen that early.

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 04-08-2004, 05:28 PM
one of the best eps ive seen so far and the new opening and ending are kewl, naruto using the 1000 years of pain was funny but better he did it wit a dam kunai wit a explosion tag on it that was kewl, wish the eps could have been longer but then again it wouldnt be right

lionheart1012000
Thu, 04-08-2004, 05:38 PM
great episode, kickass OP/ED. no complaints from me on this.

Rek
Thu, 04-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Episode totally owned... Naruto's new special attack is great, and who ever called that the little frog would tell Gamabunta to beat Gaara's face... nice one man.

Gaara's 3rd transformation is really cool too... I like how they explained a ton of stuff...

Only question: Isn't Kyuubi's chakra red? So where did he get the blue chakra for Mega Kage Bushin?

markos
Thu, 04-08-2004, 05:54 PM
as a mangareader i was a bit dissapionted, the scenes when naruto is gaining chakra and summon the big frog could've be done better, but the ep's ok

ptz
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Thank you for this great episode...new intro = thank you , new ending theme also = tahnk you.
Gamabunta ownage.
I am starting on the manga as of NOW.

Power PMV
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:21 PM
This episode is the most badass one since the Gaara vs. Lee fight. Excellent is the only word to describe it. I think I'll go watch it once again, it's too badass!!!

Elessar
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
Only question: Isn't Kyuubi's chakra red? So where did he get the blue chakra for Mega Kage Bushin?
Yes, it is. That was Naruto's "own" chakra (mixed with a littli kyuubi anyway).
Remember Jiraiya telling him that he as a lot of chakra or Genma calling him a stamina freak - that's the reason why.
Naruto hasn't used the booster Kyuubi chakra.

Why he could do this now and not before? Because he did this for his Sakura-chan and one can only be strong .... *mumble*

ptz
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:33 PM
i think the threesome hokage fight was also as good as this ep...maybe better cuz i like the two hokages i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:38 PM
shin otaku's is a little choppy on the camera panning, and bakasan's general quality doesnt do this episode justice.....i think i'll wait for the AA before showing this one to my friends

GhostKaGe
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:39 PM
this episode kicked a$$ 1000 years of pain i was pmsl but what a time to finish oh man i can't wait. bakasan sucked though think i'll be more patient next time and wait for A/A .the new intro is the best yet in my opinion

Ps: anyone know if shin otaku fan sub is any good

chaos4ever4
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Holy shit. That was one f-ing awesome episode.

/me applauds

And the animation was better than the manga, which is a rarity for this series, imo.

However, I was expecting fireballs instead of wind blasts, but still, an incredible episode

And the new OP/ED is awesome

Assertn
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by: Hokage-IV

Kishimoto shouldve gone with 1tail, subconciously it will give false impression that was the actual ninetails. Theoretically, in our my minds we will compare Gamabunta henge version of ninetails power to Shukaku or for future reference.

1) when most people read the manga, im sure the first thing that came to their minds was that it WAS KYUBI....and that didnt really cause any confusion

2) to make it just a normal fox would ruin the type of reaction that im sure kishimoto had intended the viewers to have

3) henge is a ninjutsu, not genjutsu.....if gamabunta has kyubi's form, and naruto has kyubi's chakra.....then for all we know, the henge couldve resulted in a creature JUST as strong as kyubi

Gods_Son
Thu, 04-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Good fight, good opening, and good ending, there really wasn't much that you could complain about.

Uberbaka
Thu, 04-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Looks like proportions are going to hell next week, but that means great fluid animations! =]

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by: Kagari
I.

and I come here and hear people complaining about tails, next episode animation and that they are "happy to see the anime picking up again."

.....What?!?!

I don't see what's their prob either. Nine tailed foxes are way more powerful that single tailed ones. I believe they grow a tail every 900 years or something like that, and also are tought to be immortal (hence the fact that the Kyuubi was sealed, not killed). I don't see why Naruto wouldn't henge in anything less than that. Even if he himself is not as powerful as the Kyuubi, since he's using henge, he might as well do it right, adding the fear factor brought by the extra 8 tails.

SK
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Finally got the dl to work off BakaSan and all I can say is this was one of my favorite eps so far. Cool opening and ending too, only problem I had is it seemed so short! But that's probably just because the ep was awesome and I can't wait for the next one. Time to watch it again. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hokage-IV
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:33 PM

1) when most people read the manga, im sure the first thing that came to their minds was that it WAS KYUBI....and that didnt really cause any confusion

2) to make it just a normal fox would ruin the type of reaction that im sure kishimoto had intended the viewers to have

3) henge is a ninjutsu, not genjutsu.....if gamabunta has kyubi's form, and naruto has kyubi's chakra.....then for all we know, the henge couldve resulted in a creature JUST as strong as kyubi

Im not saying your wrong , your right in certain aspect but you cant deny your post solidfied my statement .I understand their intentions to use ninetail fox .But for us at subconcious lvl we are going to tease ourselves thinking its the actual Ninetails. Yes we read the manga and yes we know its henge but our minds will lead us to compare its Gamabunta henge version to the real Kyubbi. And clear as clear can be Naruto and Kyyubi are different characters not the one and the same or else you are as ignorant as the konoha villagers . i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

btw its Naruto's vision of the Kyyubi and Gamabunta's chakra was used to transform. And we know Gamabunta chakra doesnt equal to kyyubi and for argument sake, Naruto's chakra doesnt equal with the actual thing (not even close), hes only uses portion of it. But we cant help ourselves but to compare and think to ourselves maybe it was possible that was the real thing that is why i think who animated the episode should've stuck with the manga. Cuz I believe it will downplay the kyyubi and will hurt certain aspect of it when time progresses. thats just my onpinion but iim sure alot of ppl prefer 9tails.

umdiddly
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:37 PM
I personally wanted to see "4000 hits using both legs"... but meh, what are you going to do i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:43 PM
well uh....ok if you insist.......
personally i just think "holy crap, gamabunta looks like kyubi"

but i guess if the possible misconceptions that a few of the people who happen to confuse it with the real thing outweighs the symbollic impact of having it the way they did, then its a mistake on their part......personally i'd have to say that isnt likely

besides.....unless gamabunta gets his ass beat in kyubi form, i dont think the kyubi name will be downplayed any more than it has 13 years ago when it lost to a bunch of ninjas and ended up inside the body of a baby

EDIT: i wasnt referring to your post btw, umdiddly...you snuck one in before i got to respond i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Kagari .. "and I come here and hear people complaining about tails, next episode animation and that they are "happy to see the anime picking up again."

.....What?!?! "

WTF? Where did you get the idea that I was complaining? All I said was that it was nice to see the animation quality noticably improve! I thought it was a great episode .. so plz exlpain wtf you were getting at.

Hokage-IV
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:50 PM
well uh....ok if you insist.......
personally i just think "holy crap, gamabunta looks like kyubi"

but i guess if the possible misconceptions that a few of the people who happen to confuse it with the real thing outweighs the symbollic impact of having it the way they did, then its a mistake on their part......personally i'd have to say that isnt likely

besides.....unless gamabunta gets his ass beat in kyubi form, i dont think the kyubi name will be downplayed any more than it has 13 years ago when it lost to a bunch of ninjas and ended up inside the body of a baby

EDIT: i wasnt referring to your post btw, umdiddly...you snuck one in before i got to respond i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I agree with you but you will see statement like this pop up

"3) henge is a ninjutsu, not genjutsu.....if gamabunta has kyubi's form, and naruto has kyubi's chakra.....then for all we know, the henge couldve resulted in a creature JUST as strong as kyubi"

Assertn
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:55 PM
"3) henge is a ninjutsu, not genjutsu.....if gamabunta has kyubi's form, and naruto has kyubi's chakra.....then for all we know, the henge couldve resulted in a creature JUST as strong as kyubi"

whats wrong with that?
the episode hasnt even shown any more than kyubi slashing the screen, so its too early to confirm nor deny that argument

besides, just as gaara's final form becomes stronger with the will of shukaku in control, maybe the body and chakra of kyubi is weaker without the will of kyubi in control

Hokage-IV
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Nothing is wrong with it, its just a example of how we are subconciously , not even knowing to ourselves that we are comparing henge version stregnth to the real thing.

Otherwise there is no reason to say ninjutsu or genjutsu cuz does it really matter? its not the kyyubi.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:03 PM

Sealed but not killed. It's not possible to kill him because he's immortal...like evil or stupidity, those things never die.
The whole thing about Naruto is that he has to walk on the razor's edge: he cannot be possessed by the kyuubi, and a the same time, he has to learn to control and utilize the kyuubi's power. Unlike Naruto, Gaara is completely taken over by the Shukaku, and loses his self in the process.
Both of them have traits of their inner demons in their outer personalites, but obviously the sealing in Naruto was more efficient, since transforming into a woman and being a prankster are way less harmful traits than those displayed by Gaara.
Once more, we have to point out that the 4th is a way better Ninja than the Kazekage, and better looking, too.
And yeah, as for the symbolic meaning. I think it's kinda cool that people get confused. If everything were totally obvious, there would be no fun at all in watching the show. I mean, was it Naruto henged or the Kyuubi himself? Did Naruto lose it? May or may not be. Either it will be explained later or it will remain a mystery, and both are good choices.

Assertn
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:18 PM
actually, hokage-IV, when i pointed out that "for all we know, the henge couldve resulted in a creature JUST as strong as kyubi"....that would have never came to my mind until AFTER you gave your subconscious theory....if you hadnt started arguing about how it could affect viewers in unintended ways, then i prolly wouldnt have even given it much thought....and now only because it was specifically brought to attention had i started to wonder more about it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

and Neji-Aniki-sama, i was just trying to make a point.....but you dont know if kyubi cant be killed...because there is such a thing as artistic license (er whatever the exact phrase is) that allows the creator to adjust details like that in any way they wish.....i think the fact that naruto bringing to kyubi's attention that he would die if naruto dies could indicate that kyubi actually ISNT immortal

EpoC
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:59 PM
all I can say is, awsome episode!
great Op and End themes.

booJay
Thu, 04-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by: Elessar

Edit:
@ booJay:

If you paid attention, the demon fox did at no point come aut physically.
All he did was a simple HENGE of Gamabunta and himself to the appearence of the demon fox.
Just like he henge'd to Hakage-sama back in ninja school or into a windmill shuriken during the wave country arc.

ONCE AGAIN AND SLOW:
THE DEMON FOX WAS NOT RELEASED. IT WAS A SIMPLE HENGE INTO HIS SHAPE. HE WAS NOT UNLEASHED.

We foresaw that this would happen in the open section right ater we saw that the anime uses THE demon fox instead of just a huge fox like in the anime. Never imagined it would happen that early.

you're right, I only realized that later on.

hiddenpookie
Thu, 04-08-2004, 10:15 PM
It's been a long time since i have had so much fun watching naruto. Very good episode d/l it now!

Xeo
Thu, 04-08-2004, 11:37 PM
This was definitely one of the best episodes in a long long time.... there was so much build up to this one, and I definitely wasn't disappointed with this episode at all.
I had no idea that Naruto had that much Chakra in himself without using Nine Tails. And that Nine Tails Henge at the end of the episode has got to be one of the nicest touches at the end of any episode so far in the series. This episode was completely out of the world. I just hope they're able to top this, because it's going to be tough.

BakaShinji
Thu, 04-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Did anyone feel like this episode was really really really long? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I loved it, there was so much action, I was moving my mouse down to check how far I was literally every 10 seconds because I was afraid it would end!!!

BTW: about 9 tails. I think the intention was to leave this as a cliffy for people to wonder if it was really just a henge or maybe.. just maaaybe... kyuubi came out =). I remember reading it in the manga and I just saw the fox i was like.> HOLY MIOTHER LKDSLKFJ:LNIOAJJRLKFMK FSWEET JEEBUS!!!. But then I came to my senses. Oh dear, what are the anime watchers going to do this next week while they wait for the real answer? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Kumiriko
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:07 AM
why isnt the raw and other groups releases annoced in the naruto Open Discussion section?

Augury
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:20 AM
Info on S-O:

I downloaded and watched Shin Otaku's sub. Quality-wise it seems okay (not a joke release or anything) , and isn't choppy for me.

Browsing over the replies the one that caught my eye was Kagari's "i hate you guys" post. I think by nature the people that would post first are the people that have been waiting more "attentively" and therefore jack their expectations up instead of throughly enjoying the release. But, I've shared your feelings here too and so after a while ago I stopped reading these forums as much.

I think also that some people just are happy inside after watching the ep and so they don't sound excited when posting stuff. Personally I find it difficult to post enthusiastically on forums.

Himura_san
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:23 AM
Shino-Otaku sub is not bad, they don't translate the opening and closing songs but everything else made sense, and its not a joke fansub either.

This episode was great, I had been waiting for this part of the manga(one of my favorite arcs) for a long time. Waiting through the chunin exams, the elimination round, sakura and Ino picking daisies urgh!!
But now here we are!

Also I have to say I really like the new opening soundtrack it definitely beats the last one but not season 2 opening (that ones the best). And finally the ending song is to me the best so far!! I really like it more than the others!

I cannot wait for the episodes where a certain character will make his appearance!

?igma
Fri, 04-09-2004, 05:26 AM
dude 1) STFu about later episodes, u fuckups do that all the time, ruining our fun. I dont care how vaguely u keep it, I DONT WANT TO KNOW.. GOT THAT??

2) THIS EPISODE PWNED THE BEJEZUS OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE IT!! NARUTO ROXOR!!!!!!!!!

wuhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

nar'to
Fri, 04-09-2004, 09:36 AM
wicked ep!!!!
lovin' the new intro and outro

Ryno2410
Fri, 04-09-2004, 12:41 PM
At the end of the preview, it looks like Gaara and Naruto are going for a Sakura/Ino Punch.

Junichiro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:01 PM
i love the new opening theam song, and cannot wait untill someone has it up to download.

Sanjuro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 01:49 PM
This was a sweet ass episode. I love it when naruto shows more of his potential and then everybodys all like "whoa what the hell! Is that Naruto?!" As for it being the greatest episode so far...I still can't say it's better than the Rock Lee / Gaara fight. heh. Oh, and with that Kyuubi thing, didn't they show the Kyuubi spirit flare right before the Henge was finished? Perhapas the Kyuubi spirit asserted itself and made them transform into it?

Rek
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Ionno, the next fight is gonna own...

Gaara and Naruto fighting on top of two fighting demons... Holy Hell... I wish it was friday T.T

btw, who is interested in seeing Gaara fight without the Sand Demon in side of him?

Sanjuro
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Without the sand demon, I think Gaara would just get his ass beat right (Rock Lee would have murderized him). On the other hand, without the sand demon, he would have grown up as a normal kid, and would have been trained normally, probably by his father, Kazekage, so it's hard to say.

Jman
Fri, 04-09-2004, 02:59 PM
ep. kicked ass. no b.s. cut to the chase action action action. the new intro and outro is also a nice change.

ZeaLitY
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Holy shit.

More and more now, Naruto is coming to embody every positive value I can think of. The new opening is perfect -- fighting for one's dreams.

The episode itself was godlike. The appearance of the Demon Fox, although only a transformation, and not the real thing, was mind-blowing.

Hot damn. Whoa.

LostAngel
Fri, 04-09-2004, 06:22 PM
I must say this is one of the best episodes!! I loved the thousand years of pain I laughed so hard I almost cried because I wasnt expecting Naruto to do that. Then when Gam told him to think of something to transform in with claws so he could hang on to Gaara, I am so happy he thought of the Nine Tail Fox. It was like my prayers where answered when he transformed into it.

If anyone needs a link to get ep 78 eng sub go to http://a.scarywater.net/shinotaku/ its perfect quality and excellent translated.

I am in love with this episode I have already watched it 3 times.

Knives122
Fri, 04-09-2004, 07:33 PM
it was alright, just kidding it was great

Pyron
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:02 PM
i thought 78 was pimp. this is one of the better episodes i think since the hokages fought eachother. that 1000 pain technique was jokes but i never expected him to put that explosive on gaara at the same time. that was pretty hype. also when Naruto thought of Sakura and got pumped up was hype too, especially when the drums start playing. seeing the demon fox for the first time was pimp too. the intensity on it's face was wicked. Shakaku vs the 9 tails...like every time i finish watching an episode...i can't wait until next week.

monkeyboi
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:08 PM
the hokage fight with orochimaru is taking way tooooo long, they been in the same position for the last 5 episodes.

lasaire
Fri, 04-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Uh, monkeyboi, there WASN'T a shot of the Hokage fight this episode.

And yes, this fight is my ultimate favorite, so glad the anime lives up to the manga's high standard for Naruto vs. Gaara. Moved me to tears, almost.

Ricardoman
Sat, 04-10-2004, 12:55 AM
I just have one thing to say, this episode was just amazing. It kicked a$$. The flashbacks to Haku were a nice touch. They had not shown Haku in a long time. By the way, the author nicely wraps what was said ages ago. What Haku said that time, perfectly matched this situation.

by the way, see the face that Sasgay has when the 2000 narutos appear, incredible.

see the face that Sasgay makes when Gamabunta appears, just priceless i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LostAngel
Sat, 04-10-2004, 01:17 PM
LOL I think that Sand demon Shaku or something like that was so funny. I loved it when Gamanichi (Sorry I am horrible at remembering names, then once I remember them how to spell them) says that Shaku is funky. He was like I think someone said before Micheal Jackson or something. So Right! This episode was priceless.

The flashback to Haku was beautiful. I watched all the eps with Haku in it again. I think he had one of the biggest impacts on Naruto. I hope through the rest of the series Haku is never forgotten.

NL|MegaMika
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:16 PM
I watched the RAW 2 times in a row, after that I read the manga chapters for translation, and the RAW again. Yesterdag I watched the sub 2 times, and today a third time, making it a total of 6 times in 3 days ^_^

As soons as the AA comes uit, I watch it a seventh time. In other words: the episode is great. Best part is Gamakichi talking, his voice is too great.

Rek
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:09 PM
...do you like Naruto?

Tass
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:20 PM
...i dont think he does...

Rek
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:31 PM
we should make sure tho

Tass
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:35 PM
true...true...

...does rek like naruto?

Samurai_Sennin
Sat, 04-10-2004, 09:46 PM
It was a kickass ep, no half-minute Hokage crap this time. The new opening is awesum, tho the ending isn't really nething special (I preferred Alive). I wish AnbU would hurry up, I had to settle for Bakasan. Wut is takin' so long, anyways?

Mut
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:05 PM
what do you mean what is taking so long? they have lives too. they'll take their sweet time if they want, oh well.

Assertn
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:17 PM
they need to sub the new intro/credits.....
that in itself takes lots of time cause they do fancy animation stuff

Rek
Sat, 04-10-2004, 10:42 PM
..oh yeah

Shinobi-Lucas
Sat, 04-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Greatest Episode ever!

Tass
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:16 AM
lol, fancy animation stuff go go!! i love to sing along with the slowly changing colored text =) (the parts i can sing anyways...it seems like just when im starting to be able to sing along with it, they change the song on me =()

fizzlesticks
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:19 AM
this is by far one of the best episodes ive ever seen.

my hat is tipped to the creators of naruto ,as well as the subbing groups..Great job!!!

Saruto
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:40 AM
WTF!!!

Could somebody tell me if im wrong?...when naruto summoned gamabunta!(the big big frog)...he was not whit the chakra of the fox?!?!?!?!??! WHAT THE HELL...Would his chakra never be red again?!?!...i saw the manga so answer me pls lol...its just that in maga whe dont see colors i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Tass
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:48 AM
i think his blue chakra mixed with his red chakra...not sure really...

Saruto
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by: Tass
i think his blue chakra mixed with his red chakra...not sure really...

Or maybe it's just a error of the episodes!...

Tass
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:54 AM
a mistake? nooo....they'd never make a mistake!!! that would make them...human o.O

ssjtrunks585
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:56 AM
most definitely the best episode to date...the new OP and ED kicked, and Naruto does 1000 years! The kage bunshin combo he used to get around gaara was amazing...i never could have come up with something like that if i was in his position...

SDShamshel
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:00 AM
What's interesting is that the Naruto 2000 Rendan no Maki lifted Gaara off the ground in a similar fashion to how Rock Lee did it to Gaara in the prelims to set him up for Omote Renge. Much like how Naruto copied Sasuke to create the Uzumaki Naruto Rendan.

sangai
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:22 AM
WTF!!!

Could somebody tell me if im wrong?...when naruto summoned gamabunta!(the big big frog)...he was not whit the chakra of the fox?!?!?!?!??! WHAT THE HELL...Would his chakra never be red again?!?!...i saw the manga so answer me pls lol...its just that in maga whe dont see colors

-------------------------

you don't see the chakra or any of kyuubi's traits because naruto body is engullfed in the sand, so he gets the chakra and instead use's it right away, instead of "powering up"sorry but when he fought neji he i think he was showing off.

so really you simply won't see his chakra, it wasn't a mistake

What's interesting is that the Naruto 2000 Rendan no Maki lifted Gaara off the ground in a similar fashion to how Rock Lee did it to Gaara in the prelims to set him up for Omote Renge. Much like how Naruto copied Sasuke to create the Uzumaki Naruto Rendan.

it was supposed to be pretty much a copy, he pretty much copied it from sasuke who copied it from lee, he used the same technique on kiba, but he just modified it for more clones. he comes up with alot of stuff on the spot.

Tass
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:27 AM
much to the enjoyment of us =) i love seeing his little shadow clone combos!

itsgalf
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:02 AM
That was the best episode yet...no doubt about it. Episode 48 still beats it in cool animation, but damn...I was the edge of my seat so my times...

"Oh shiiiit Naruto kick his ass"

EDIT: Oh yah, I was laughing my ass off at the 1000 years of pain. Then Naruto gets bashed away and Sasuke is used as a shield to cushion the fall.....ahaha, stupid Sasuke. Oh and the flashbacks of stuff we've already seen, with Haku and stuff...that was awesome.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:35 AM
it was funny enough that he was going to use a thusand years of pain, but he did wit with an explosive tag on a kunai that was funny as hella, laughed so hard i nearly pissed in my pants wooo

Tass
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:46 AM
what else would you expect from the #1 loud mouth ninja?! rofl...that was pretty funny =)

SK
Sun, 04-11-2004, 07:55 AM
would have been cool if they made naruto's chakra like a purple color, to show his blue chakra mixing with the red chakra, blue + red makes purple i think...

Rek
Sun, 04-11-2004, 11:58 AM
yeah, that woulda been totally bad ass... not to mention that purple is a totally cool color, and just gets a bad wrap from the gay thing... but what ever.

Haku no Fuyu
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:00 PM
PURPLE MONKIES!!!!
Ahem...
Yeah, but that would have been confused with poison gas. Anime poison gas is ALWAYS purple.

Feannag
Sun, 04-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Question now is how many more episodes until this fight concludes?

Or when they'll go back to Orichamaru's and the 3rd's little "stalemate" and how THAT will end.

Mae
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Purple chakra? Nah, can't see it. Maybe blue with red streaks.

Anyway, great episode. I liked the insomniac twist with Shukaku slowly replacing Gaara's personality while he sleeps. Although given Shukaku and Gaara's curent personalities I think we can safely say that hasn't happened yet.

If their personalities do mix it will be...interesting o_O

Also, Gamakichi is the cutest character yet, I love his little-kid voice and gangster accent. It would be sweet to have a wallpaper of him...

Rek
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:45 PM
That would be BAD ASS!! (not bas ass -_-' )

Your right of course Haku...
And Mae.. thats a really cool idea... blue with red streaks....

And, Gaara with Shukaku's personality woud be so great... he would be my favorite character ever.

dbz_kidnaruto
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:45 PM
why has epp 78 not come out yet its sunday already???

im goin crazy here lol

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by: Haku no Fuyu
PURPLE MONKIES!!!!
Ahem...
Yeah, but that would have been confused with poison gas. Anime poison gas is ALWAYS purple.

or at least evil stuff in general.....like orochimaru's aura....and when sasuke was bustin out the curse seal for the first time

Orion Guardian
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:59 PM
That ep pwned...whatelse to say? three bigass MOnsters in one EP [from which I like gamabunta best and think kyuubi to be the strongest] nicy funny scenes [1000 Years off Pain muahahahahah] and new songs...

BUt I dont like the new opening I liked the last one and the 2nd one more.. The ending is not as crappy as the last...but the first ending of all was the best

Karasu
Sun, 04-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Hoho that was a nice ep i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.. Funkey Tunaki demon. Kitsune and the Tunaki is often mentioned in Japanese mythology.. The Tunaki is a joker so his voice there fit him like a glove.. Im happy they didnt give Shukaku bigass gigantic balls like the Tunkai has in some cases i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. I think there is also some mythology about evil badger and fox demons fighting eachother.

I now enjoy Gaara even more that was one badass looking "demon" i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif And to think some ppl thought little sasuke could actually win vs that hoho got damn..

Was a nice thing that they had to henge into Kyuubi to grab Shukaku, both deamon boys in "demon" mode coool, they better weak up Gaara fast if they want to live.. Overall a badass ep i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Kinda funny thing to read someone said who would have thought Naruto had to use Kyuubi powers to win vs gaara. well just some little info there for ya, Gaara is what 10000 times? stronger than anything they have met sofar, so duuh offcourse he would need to tap Kyuubi on some chakara.

It's also an epic battle so to speak two boys with something wierd inside much alike but still very much different they both show off what they got in some way, its just really cool. Ooh and Sasuke seemed pretty surprised there the little wanker i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 05:27 PM
actually it would be a bit dissappointing if naruto hadnt used kyuubi's chakra at all in the fight....considering that gaara's using been using shukaku's powers the whole time in order to transform and all

Kumiriko
Sun, 04-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Any word on the Anbu Release of eps 78?

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 09:56 PM
nope....i wonder if all those guests who are spying on our discussions are wondering the same thing......
they should stop being shy though and join the forum! cmon.....you know you want to.....(Points at the anonymous forum surfers)

Kumiriko
Sun, 04-11-2004, 10:18 PM
I downloaded the other release. it was decently done. but i want the anbu verson. i hope they dont decied to just skip some releases or stop all together

Rek
Sun, 04-11-2004, 10:26 PM
... I think there'd be a slight ruckus over that...

A.y.a.m.e.5.6.8.6.1
Sun, 04-11-2004, 10:50 PM
OMG...Why are ANBU-Aone so slow in releasing???? It's so damn frustrating!!!

sangai
Sun, 04-11-2004, 10:54 PM
omg have some of you guys ever heard of patience. it has been said many times. they are translating the new opening and ending. hell they could be having trouble with something. you never know.

have some patients and just wait.

A.y.a.m.e.5.6.8.6.1
Sun, 04-11-2004, 11:00 PM
OMfG...you and your god damn PATIENCE. Shut the hell up!!!!!!! Jesus, can't you just let us people bitch about it and not say 'have some patience.' Stop being a damn tard!!!!!!

Kumiriko
Sun, 04-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Ah yes. the Translation of the Opening/ending. Personally i would let it be for the first eps and work on the opening and ending for the next eps with it.

Assertn
Sun, 04-11-2004, 11:55 PM
im surprised its holding them 2 days for the intro and credits

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 04-11-2004, 11:59 PM
All I know is that i am not complete without my Anbu Aone.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:01 AM
But other than that... I really liked the Ep. Did Naruto actually use the powers of the Nine Tail though, I thought that he was just powering up in general.

Sorry about the double post...thought i would throw that out there before someone started talking shit.
i/expressions/devil.gif

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:05 AM
hey, watch the double posts, noob

Kumiriko
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Edit works wonders, watch it for next time.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Just goes to show that there is always some Asshole talking SHIT!

Ok. I am good now. Sorry about the comments and the double posts
guys. I am a good person really...REALLY!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:09 AM
ok just checkin.....cant have rebellious noobs overrunning the forums and whatnot
people were wondering if naruto actually used kyubi at all in that ep.....i think the general consensus was that he did for gamabunta, and thats about it so far

Kumiriko
Mon, 04-12-2004, 12:12 AM
it is for sure naruto used kyubi for the haku fight and the gamabunta. but the other times it was probly a good chunk of his own and mabbie a drizzle of the kyubi chakra.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:26 AM
Finally!!
I watch the damn episode.
Gama-bunta is now officially my fav character. Well, at least in what summoned entities are concerned.
Pakkun just got dumped to #2.
Anyways, great to see more of Gama-Bunta personality. He's my kind of toad.
And the episode kept me, literally on the edge of the chair during exactly 23:20 m. Strangely enough, the total duration of said episode.

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:29 AM
haha niice....what took ya so long? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:45 AM
haha niice....what took ya so long? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Freaking phone company screwed with my connection, so I had to download it on dial-up. Since I can't afford to have my landline taxed with 113 hours of internet,I had to find breaks in my schedule to download it, at around one bit per second. Well, as a matter of fact it disrupted not only my Naruto downloads, but it had further, and I could even say, even more serious implications in that horrible place that we normally call real life. But enough bitching, I am almost back to my usual fair, all-pleasant disposition. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Oh, well, why did you have to ask?

RockLee
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:49 AM
so long........................................ is monday~~~ rather too long......

itsgalf
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:49 AM
Hey, when Naruto gets bashed away after giving Gaara his little explosion up the bunghole, did he hit Sasuke and then use him as a cushion? If you watch that part real closely, it looks like Sasuke jumped in the way to break his fall. Oh well, Sasuke is still a tard.

Oh and when Gamabunta jumped in the air with his dagger, did anyone else think that his pose looked exactly like Glenn from Chrono-Trigger? (The picture on the actual cartridge)

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:51 AM
well i just figured that by now everyone had given up resisting the urge to watch and downloaded bakasan's earlier this weekend i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

yes, sasuke flew in to catch naruto

RockLee
Mon, 04-12-2004, 01:57 AM
aIr BaG!!!....

hmx i dun really think making opening and ending will take them long...
this is the longest time?

Neji-Aniki-sama
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:09 AM
well i just figured that by now everyone had given up resisting the urge to watch and downloaded bakasan's earlier this weekend i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

yes, sasuke flew in to catch naruto

Second opportunity, first being in the Wave country arc, he misses of dying an honorable death.
Naruto's decency and compassion are all good, but so wasted in those two characters...
Well, eventually, I will explain my hatred for those two. Until then, just consider it irrational hatredi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

BakaShinji
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:56 AM
yea chrono trigger totally - i was just thinkgin that, but i didn't remember the frog dudes' name ^_^.

BakaShinji
Mon, 04-12-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by: Ryno2410
At the end of the preview, it looks like Gaara and Naruto are going for a Sakura/Ino Punch.

lol, i just watched it again . 1am... out of boredom. So that's where I've seen that punch before... lol. I guess that's the queue for a double K/O?

Rek
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:27 AM
Dude... you've obviously been here awhile... why'd ya double post? some Jounin is gonna kill ya now.

...can I have your stuff?

?igma
Mon, 04-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
would have been cool if they made naruto's chakra like a purple color, to show his blue chakra mixing with the red chakra, blue + red makes purple i think...

I actually think something will happen ,just like u mentioned, later on, because the pervert told him he'd have to start using both chakra's at the same time.

Neo32
Mon, 04-12-2004, 08:51 AM
hey i know that the mods hate this and that they are having trouble with the subbing... but look. its been 4 days since the last episode and ANBU-AOne has yet to release ep 78. i mean there are people here who won't even SNIFF other subbers except ANBU and now we are caught with our pants down, one episode behind the rest... i mean seriously we deserve an explanation for this delay... there hasn't been any word from anyone, not even the mods... its well.... disappointing....

basey44
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:16 AM
i was wondering if anyone knows when ep 78 of anbu is coming out?, how often are the eps released

Samurai_Sennin
Mon, 04-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by: Neo32
hey i know that the mods hate this and that they are having trouble with the subbing... but look. its been 4 days since the last episode and ANBU-AOne has yet to release ep 78. i mean there are people here who won't even SNIFF other subbers except ANBU and now we are caught with our pants down, one episode behind the rest... i mean seriously we deserve an explanation for this delay... there hasn't been any word from anyone, not even the mods... its well.... disappointing....
I agree with Neo. AnBU is the best fansubber out of the 3, & at least an update on the progress would be nice.

Black_Challenger08
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:41 AM
I agree that Anbu has the best out of the three also, but Bakasan's version was not bad. This was the first time I got Bakasan and it was good.

Anyway, yeah this episode was definitley one of the best IMO. Can't wait until 79...

Assertn
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:50 AM
im not sure if the guys in charge of this site could even tell you why though......they might just be distributors

and there was a part where he used both chakras at the same time: when he summoned gamabunta for the first time, you see him create a blue ball of chakra that ends up becoming a massive explosion of red chakra

Feannag
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by: iMUSTbeTHEdevil
But other than that... I really liked the Ep. Did Naruto actually use the powers of the Nine Tail though, I thought that he was just powering up in general.

Sorry about the double post...thought i would throw that out there before someone started talking shit.
i/expressions/devil.gif

I think the Nine-Tails didn't in essence manifest. Given the plan, Naruto had to stay in a human form to be able to knock Gaara awake and end the fake sleep jitsu. Whatever combo technique it was, the plan was Naruto would use his hands and Chakra to form the seals to transform the Frog Boss into something that could hold Gaara. And the only thing he could think of with nails and fangs was the Nine-Tails. So I think what threw down was Naturo transforming the Frog Boss into the form of the Nine-Tails.

Nine Tailed Demon
Mon, 04-12-2004, 02:27 PM
In the manga, the last ep he should have did the hundred clones move, I'm surprised they fitted most of the battle into one ep. I'm not complaing though, I've been waiting for this to be animated for a whilen now, finally!

Spades
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:29 PM
I've been waiting for this episode for a long time. Not because of the fighting. The fighting was great, but what I was waiting for was one line. In the Baka-san sub, he says "You cannot gain real strength from fighting only for yourself." I've been waiting for Naruto to say that line every since Sarutobi said something similar to Orochimaru. For me, that's the proof that Naruto will become Hokage. Sasuke fought to prove that he was strong enough to kill his brother. That's just lame, and he deserved to lose. Naruto isn't fighting to prove anything though. He's fighting to protect his friends. That's why I'm sure he'll win, and why I'm sure he will become Hokage some day.

Oh, and I think Naruto only used the Nine-tail's chakra to summon Gama-Bunta. I think Taju Kagebunshin no Jutsu was all his chakra. Jiraiya already told him to not bother conserving chakra, so why not use it all to create thousands of clones at once?

Mut
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by: Spades
...For me, that's the proof that Naruto will become Hokage.

omg, lol...did you really need to see that episode to support the "i'm gonna be a hokage" idea? cmon man, the fact that naruto is the main character should tell you immediately that naruto will become hokage one day. it's such a cliche anime.

Spades
Mon, 04-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
omg, lol...did you really need to see that episode to support the "i'm gonna be a hokage" idea? cmon man, the fact that naruto is the main character should tell you immediately that naruto will become hokage one day. it's such a cliche anime.

I know it's a given. What I mean is, that's what makes me really believe it. It's one thing to have a show about some kid who grows up to become the head guy. It's another to have a show about some kid who grows up and deserves to become the head guy.

tensai
Mon, 04-12-2004, 11:58 PM
this has got to be one of the most action packed episodes in the series so far, so much action that i had to rewatch to catch all the subtitles and look at the animation at the same time
shin-otakus version was pretty decent, i dont know why they put replications, shadow clones..... people that have seen the series should have known already
i wonder what sasuke could have done if naruto decided to get sakura and run away?
sasuke was useful again to get naruto pumped up
the flashbacks in this episodes were short and sweet
Patience is a Virtue- anbu/aone are just testing you guys to see how pissed off youll get.............JK
cant wait for the next ep............and a/a's version of 78

Feannag
Tue, 04-13-2004, 12:33 AM
I dunno man, the fight in the Forest during the second Chunnin Exam between Orichimaru and Sasuke was pretty bada$$.

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-13-2004, 01:30 AM
It's true that we're just distributors, but it's not that hard to figure out that the delay is due to the new opening/ending. Fixing up lyrics accurately and providing an attractive show while doing so is time consuming. This added time is what we'll have to endure for the best quality.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by: BakaShinji
Did anyone feel like this episode was really really really long? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I loved it, there was so much action, I was moving my mouse down to check how far I was literally every 10 seconds because I was afraid it would end!!!

BTW: about 9 tails. I think the intention was to leave this as a cliffy for people to wonder if it was really just a henge or maybe.. just maaaybe... kyuubi came out =). I remember reading it in the manga and I just saw the fox i was like.> HOLY MIOTHER LKDSLKFJ:LNIOAJJRLKFMK FSWEET JEEBUS!!!. But then I came to my senses. Oh dear, what are the anime watchers going to do this next week while they wait for the real answer? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

I was feeling it cause i was like " dont you dare end before i see gambunta turning into the ninetails"i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

This was the best fightning i have seen in Naruto along with The Hogakes fights.

But i didnt like how when he was charging chakra it was blue cause it couldn't been only his chakra therefore it should have been orange since kyubi chakra was in there.

Lyzander
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:08 AM
i like Gamakichi.......he is cute i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

basey44
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
Good fight, good opening, and good ending, there really wasn't much that you could complain about.

i got something to complain about
i want episode 79

Lyzander
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by: basey_69

i want episode 79

no you dont *jedi mind trick*

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by: Lyzander

Originally posted by: basey_69

i want episode 79

no you dont *jedi mind trick*

Do me a huge favor Lyzander....Hook me up with one of those Jedi Mind Tricks if it will stop me
from wanting episode 79!

i/expressions/devil.gif

itachi_
Wed, 04-14-2004, 06:41 PM
I liked this episode and the music fits well, lived up to the exeptations i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 04-14-2004, 06:44 PM
For this occasion, you are on the right track Itachi_ .. it WAS a good episode in almost every way, and the music, pacing, content .. were all well measured and executed i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

petrockstar
Wed, 04-14-2004, 09:06 PM
it has been almost a week and still no episode 78? why ANBU/Anime One? WHY? as for the episode yeah it was pretty good? I miss the old intro song though... but it was on for two seasons. can't wait to see what the ninetails...err.. naruto is gonna do in 79.

Samurai_Sennin
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by: petrockstar
it has been almost a week and still no episode 78? why ANBU/Anime One? WHY? as for the episode yeah it was pretty good? I miss the old intro song though... but it was on for two seasons. can't wait to see what the ninetails...err.. naruto is gonna do in 79.

You miss the old opening? Personally, I was sick of it, & this new one's way better. No whiny-voiced person singing this time.

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Okay so i officially need to know on this, when Naruto makes the tons of clones and then summons gamabunta and then uses henge to transform into the fox, he is shown using blue chakra. Does that mean that he is not using the demon fox's power and is now strong enough to summon gamabunta himself...? and if so that makes him the first person to do that since jiraiya, making him incredibly strong already, not the potential to be strong, but he know has the strength right?

riftwing
Wed, 04-14-2004, 11:46 PM
Yea I'm fairly sure he used his own chakra. That was the whole point of the part where Sasuke says "What is the amount of chakra he is creating" and how theres a lot of blue chakra. And usually it has that heartbeat thing when he calls up the kyubi's chakra.

gokudagreat
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:07 AM
yea i think so too, but this has such significance, this makes him one of the strongest already

AnbuAone
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:16 AM
what is going on with Anbuaone with 78. Did they stop subbed or what. Anbuaone is the best in subbed naruto. This girl will only say this Please keep on working on naruto please. bakasan is not that good at all with subbed. They don't really get every word like you guys do.

Mut
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:29 AM
you're all wrong. naruto used his own chakra to make clones which made him lose all of his normal chakra, then he used kyubi chakra to summon gamabunta and gamabunta lent naruto his chakra to henge. that is how it all happened.

gokudagreat
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:33 AM
why doesnt it show the kyubi eyes or red chakra then?

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:41 AM
well.....it would seem HIGHLY unlikely for a genin to be able to summon gamabunta......naruto may have a good amount of chakra.....not as much as a sanin or hokage

besides, he was covered in sand when he did it, so you cant tell the color of the chakra

riftwing
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:48 AM
It's hard to tell and impossible to answer really

Mut
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:53 AM
oh my god dude...lol, why don't you just tell them EVERYTHING while you're at it...

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:57 AM
i dont think it was kishimoto's intention to differentiate between the red and blue chakra every single time naruto pulls of a jutsu anyway....it was more for dramatical purposes when naruto was first calling upon kyubi

riftwing
Thu, 04-15-2004, 12:57 AM
I tried to put a spoiler warning and not say much about it but you have a point... so I removed it =/

Kakashi-Senpai
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:00 AM
Isn't A/A version of 78 not out. Why is this thread still active? (Shouts at the moderator,"Hey! You forgot about this.")

riftwing
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:02 AM
The rules changed man... its now the first subbed release. This thread was created by a mod.

Assertn
Thu, 04-15-2004, 01:05 AM
spoiler tags are good to use......but might as well not bother at all since very few members who frequent this section are interested in spoilers

there were new rules that a discussion thread can begin when ANY translated naruto episode is released, just as long as its from a moderator

Hakeem_21
Thu, 04-15-2004, 05:01 AM
He must have used kyubi chakra to summon Gamabunta cause when he tried first to summon Gamabunta he summoned his son because his chakra isnt strong enough to summon the great frog.

complich8
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:16 AM
I'm pretty sure with the dbz-esque blast of energy that naruto used to summon all his kagebunshins for that bigass attack, he probably used up most of his own.

remember that jiraiya made naruto get his own chakra as low as possible before he tried to have him do stuff (review ep 54, 15-18 mins in, or so). I'd say the chained kagebunshins and the mass replication for the big attack he used would have used up most of his own, and the subsequent transformation of Gaara probably left him desperate, enabling him to tap the nine-tails reserves and get Gamabunta out of the deal.

That's my interpretation of it anyway. Once gamabunta's out, he's just gotta muster enough chakra to stay awake and hold on (at least for ep 78, I dunno what 79 looks like yet).

The thing I was most impressed with though was Naruto's development of his own chakra. When he first brought out the fox chakra he didn't have a whole lot of access to his own (being the n00b that he was back then), and then shortly after that he got Orochimaru's nasty five-elements seal that screwed up his ability to control it (though probably honed his ability to stabilize it, maybe helping him grow in the long run?). It wasn't till the 50's that he actually had both the ability to draw on his chakra somewhat freely and the ability to control it, but already he's increased in raw power quite impressively. He's able to muster the power and strategy to take on the whole destruction of konoha's "trump card" ... how cool is that?

number one at surprising people indeed

rleland
Thu, 04-15-2004, 09:49 AM
i realized that i havn't really seen any sasgay fanboys saying sasuke>naruto lately... where did they all go? ^^

loved this ep, and yea i pretty much agree with the theory that the gama was summoned with kyubi

it's quite obvious how they build up to it. first time he tries he can't summon it (not that i mind that cute lil frog either), then he uses the clones
after using the clones he actually points out how he's all out of chakra (this should ring a bell in everyone's head saying "kyubi", since that's exactly when he starts using it), and then to add to that there's the usual emotional pressure (he'll get killed if he doesn't do anything about it), which all adds up to him being able to release kyubi's chakra without much trouble

itachi_
Thu, 04-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Sasuke should be mortified, He was just gay in this episode didn't help Naruto at all, don't say it was becasue of the cursed seal, if naruto had the cursed seal he would've fought with his will, SASGAY.

Tofu #2
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:15 PM
can someone please tell me where i can find naruto 78?

Gods_Son
Thu, 04-15-2004, 07:48 PM
you can find it here (http://a.scarywater.net/shinotaku/)

Lwis
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:33 AM
I have a question, in Episode 78, when Naruto said to Oyabin that he should watch out, because Sakura was somewhere and Oyabin asks him who that is, the little frog says "It's his girl, daddy" and shows him his small finger.
That is the second time I saw that, when you saw Temari, Gaara and the other Sand guy for the first time, Konohamaru asks Naruto if Sakura was his girl and also shows his small finger.

Does that have a special meaning in Japan?

Mut
Fri, 04-16-2004, 10:20 AM
i don't know what it exactly means but it obviously means that naruto's got something for sakura and the others (frog/kid) realize it so they put up the pinky.

HokageVirus
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Take a look at part of the intro, near its end. right as that second voice that does the "right here rihgt now" thing starts, and watch the right half of the page. i might be insane, BUT, could that fellow using the Chidori possibley be Naruto?

Assertn
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:10 PM
are you talking about in the same scene as the guys with the umbrella hat things? cause that looks like sasuke to me
also keep in mind that one of the requirements for being able to execute the chidori is the sharingan, for reasons being what lee said

gokudagreat
Fri, 04-16-2004, 12:26 PM
yea its definitely sasuke

Aegis Runestone
Fri, 04-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Episode 78 of ANBU and Aone is OUT! See www.animesuki.com or check the tracker page! ^_^

Jeff_from_MD
Fri, 04-16-2004, 07:39 PM
u kno, doing a henge on something like the 9-tails fox has got to be one helluva technique to master.

First of all, there aren't many people around who've actually been able to see the fox firsthand, much less transform into its likeness!!! O_O

Sasuke musta messed his pants, seeing naruto be able to conjure something that Naruto wasn't supposed to have any familiarity with at all. But not Naruto, no way jose, Naruto's got the whole FRIGGIN BLUEPRINT of that demon inside his blood. He prob didn't need any practice doing that henge at all.

Tass
Fri, 04-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by: Lwis
I have a question, in Episode 78, when Naruto said to Oyabin that he should watch out, because Sakura was somewhere and Oyabin asks him who that is, the little frog says "It's his girl, daddy" and shows him his small finger.
That is the second time I saw that, when you saw Temari, Gaara and the other Sand guy for the first time, Konohamaru asks Naruto if Sakura was his girl and also shows his small finger.

"pinky finger up" means girlfriend or boyfriend, depending on the persons sex, in their culture...i believe this is said somewhere in the anime on the TW translations

kaoticus
Fri, 04-16-2004, 08:38 PM
That was a great episode. Worth waiting for..
I like the punk type intro song alot too. Can't wait for 79...

NM
Fri, 04-16-2004, 08:57 PM
So far, that is probably the best episode of Naruto ever. Cant wait for 79.

ForgottenSpiral
Fri, 04-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Yeah I'm glad I waited for the A/A version of 78... because if I had to wait an entire week to find out what happens in 79 I'd cry!

animeniac
Fri, 04-16-2004, 10:23 PM
Great episode imo! loved the opening and the ending was good too. Cant wait til next ep...maybe orochimaru or sarutobi might actually win....

ad4mz41
Sat, 04-17-2004, 12:46 AM
This episode was WOAH! Anbu did a great job of subbing it and the quality is great. I liked the opening and theme, good shiat. The episode was awesome! Haha 1000 years of pain up his ass that was funny. When Gaara's sand was melting away it looked like the poo monster from Dogma, anyone remember that? Anyway, that was cool when Gamabunta turned into the Ninetails! Can't wait till next episode. WOOT. Another thing I really liked about that episode is how there was alot of action. Recently in all the episodes it was just one action scene, and then they filled it with junk and all that talking. Great episode, A++++

HokageVirus
Sat, 04-17-2004, 07:26 AM
if you think 78 was good, 79 will give you orgasms! its....well....its....uh....wow. thats all i can say. wow.

i jsut double checked 78...so yeah, 79 has.....alot. i dont really wanna spoil anything for those who are holding out for A/A but....i suppose i could say ONE thing. the Hokage battle finally ends. and HOLY S F S the way the fight ends, well, you just wouldnt expect it.

Poiple Weezard
Sat, 04-17-2004, 08:08 AM
Dude! Dude! Dude! Its hard to put together more complex words after that. I was beginning to become a bit disinterested with Naruto after the long Sasuke chase and Third's battle. That's all changed now. That was just awesome.

Dude!

Everon
Sat, 04-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by: Lwis

The pinky finger up is another way of saying: Girlfriend, or boyfriend.

HokageVirus
Mon, 04-19-2004, 10:53 AM
*dies*

PaD
Mon, 04-19-2004, 11:59 AM
This was the best fucking episode ever!
I really ... REALLY loved it, I read the manga tho, kinda spoils, but I loved this episode ^^