PDA

View Full Version : .ogg video files

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:25 AM
I don't know what section this should go in as its DVD sort of advice thats required...sorry if its the wrong section...

Ok I know how to play these files but I have the first 8 eps of the X TV series and want to put them on DVD so a friend of mine can watch them...only trouble is, neither TMPG or RAD Video Tools will encode them...and Sonic MyDVD will not let me add the files in straight away (trying to put the files straight to DVD without encoding them first is always a last resort).

Also, DVDRhelp.com which is usually really helpful only seems to understand ogg as a sound file format...but the files I have are video files...

Does anyone know anything that I could do to sort this out?

Elessar
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:38 AM
Usually .ogg is sound and for video .ogm is used.

Check doom9.org for Ogg Media Tools or something other that has a OGM Demuxer.
This tool will give you the streams inside the ogm file, usually one XviD video, one or more OGG/Vorbis audio and maybe some subtitles.
With these you should be able to feed your encoders to give you some DVD usable MPG2.

Good luck.

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Cheers for that, I'll give it a try. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Yeah cheers for the link Elessar I got about 2 or 3 pieces of software from there that I needed to get everything encoded...I got the rest from this help page I found...all thats left now is putting the audio, video and subs into an mpg file which is easy.

JFC that was a lot of work! lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.