PDA

View Full Version : OMG WHO REMEMBER TAMIGATCHI

JusDaMan
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:46 PM
Lol i remember when that used to be so popular! my teacher confiscated like a desk full of them.
They were mad cool. though mines died in a week due to shit overload... Ahahaha. I think the longest i ever kept it was about 13 days then it died...

Rek
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:09 PM
ban this please

..just kiddin

ad4mz41
Thu, 04-08-2004, 12:48 AM
Haha tamagochi I use to be in to those thingys when i was in second grade, good times. Brings back alot of childhood memories. I use to have a blue giga pet monkey one. It always pooped and stuff. Then one day my battery ran low and the screen sorta faded so i couldn't see anythign and then i stopped playing with it. Those were kind of annoying too because it always beeped when I forgot to turn off the sound and I would try to sleep but then it would wake me up. But like every other fad, it comes and goes. I don't think you can buy them anymore.

Uzumaki Naruto
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:13 AM
those things were so dam kewl in grade kewl but then everybody started to get them and they were just played out, mine was stolen i was the sadest boy in skewl untill i spotted the asswhole who stole it kik his ass and got it backi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

XwingRob
Thu, 04-08-2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by: ad4mz41
Haha tamagochi I use to be in to those thingys when i was in second grade, good times. Brings back alot of childhood memories. I use to have a blue giga pet monkey one. It always pooped and stuff. Then one day my battery ran low and the screen sorta faded so i couldn't see anythign and then i stopped playing with it. Those were kind of annoying too because it always beeped when I forgot to turn off the sound and I would try to sleep but then it would wake me up. But like every other fad, it comes and goes. I don't think you can buy them anymore.

Hmm...I actually heard the company that made them(I can't remember who? Bandai?) is going to try to resurrect it. Something about having these computers where you can buy stuff for you Tamagotchi.
I don't know if it will succeed in coming to the US though.

Xollence
Thu, 04-08-2004, 04:47 AM
Haha I use to have one when I was in 8th grade, which was about 8 years ago... omg so old.

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:02 AM
I remember getting one - I had to queue outside Toys R Us to get one (I got one when they were almost totally new over here)...

Only trouble was my tamagotchi constantly evolved into a malevolent sperm... i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

My sister then borrowed mine and proceeded to lose it i/expressions/rolleye.gif

I guess I'm not a good virtual pet raiser i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Destiny
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:10 AM
Heh, raising those things were a bitch. I gave up trying to keep mine alive one day after i got it

hiddenpookie
Thu, 04-08-2004, 04:32 PM
w00t i was like 7 or 8 when i first go one there were so damn kewl! it was white and weird flea looking 0_o and lasted me like 3 days ...veri good times

r3n
Fri, 04-09-2004, 04:54 PM
every1 had 1 in my year at school about 8 years ago, but i nvr got 1 cos they were kinda lame. id rather go play football (soccer for you yanks) than fiddle with a plastic egg i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SK
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:33 PM
I had a Giga Pet those virtual pets were mad popular at my old school, think that was like 4th of 5th grade hehe everyone in my school had one. Didn't Digimon start as virtual pets or something like that during that time?

NM
Sat, 04-10-2004, 08:11 PM
I had a tamigatchi once. It was pretty cool and they were popular at my school. Heh, the principal even went on the announcements to tell us that any and all tamigatchi's will be confiscated. After awhile, they got annoying because all they did was beep and beep and beep. I forgot how long my lasted tho.