PDA

View Full Version : how come everyone wears the same type of sandals in naruto, even the bad guys?

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 08:54 PM
AHH i dont get it why it doesnt seem to make alot of sense....

hiddenpookie
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:18 PM
kinda weird to be discussingabout footwear lol..but no your wrong...the bad guys and sometimes chunnins have holes in the back of thier sandals lol

Rek
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Well.. same with the head protectors...

My personal opinion (and it makes sence too) is that there was 1 ninja clan in the beggining. And there were just split offs and schisms, until there was the current groups and stuff... prolly started as families or something... but I doubt they will ever cover that stuff...

Its probably the same as all armies wearing boots... they are fashionable and serve ninja like purposes...

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:26 PM
yeah but like, most of the crowd during the main event of the chuunin exam had those sandals, and those are the normal people who arent ninjas....

Rek
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
Its probably the same as all armies wearing boots... they are fashionable and serve ninja like purposes...

Fashion yo... the open toes drive teh chixorz mad

... btw, I was thinking about cutting an old pair of shoes naruto sandals... they are a pair of monochrome (totally) black converse...

Knives122
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:38 PM
They wear them b/c the great fire of 1934 wiped out all the other pairs in the world, and the shoes that they wear now were fireproof so there you go

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:41 PM
this is off topic but knives are you referring to the yoko who is the original form of kurama from yu yu hakusho, cause if you are YU YU HAKUSHO, ALL 112 EPS OF IT, ROCK!

Ramsus
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Konoha Rek: Just get some authentic Japanese sandals.

So then, going back to this thread's title, why does everyone wear the exact same type of sandal? It's simple really: there's only one major sandal manufacturer who has a complete monopoly on the sandal market. Why? Their advances in sandal technology propelled them into major usage by the various ninja clans, eventually driving all other sandal makers out of business. A few companies still exist that produce knock-off imitations, but they're hard to pick out from the real thing and aren't too common due to quality issues.

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:46 PM
ramsus, thats true but how come the really good ninjas that obviously stand out dont get there own specially made sandals that are extra springy or something?

Ramsus
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Innovation has been stifled due to the existence of the monopoly, since the company with the monopoly is unwilling to invest money into improving sandal technology. This is especially true since the monopoly can effectively capture consumer surplus via price discrimination through selling various sizes of sandals at different prices. Quality may also vary slightly without any change in appearance.

As such, only the emergence of new competition would allow for significant improvement in the sandal industry.

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:56 PM
lol dude go buy a house, i hear real estate is a good investment these days especially since you know so mcuh hehe

Rek
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:58 PM
rotflmao

anyways, springy sandals would just screw them up... an extra inch to a 25 foot jump is rather insignificant... it'd just screw them over...

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:59 PM
true true, fine but they could at least paint them with like cool styles or something

Pyron
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:01 PM
this is a stupid subject.. 1. why do you notice these things? 2. who cares?

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:03 PM
cause i dropped out of 10th grade, i wake up at 4:30 in the afternoon everyday and watch my fav moments from naruto over and over again, if you really want to know

Mut
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:05 PM
go back to school man.

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:06 PM
heh its complicated and if i really went into it further, id be getting lots of complaints about how im flaming for post totals and all this stuff, and i really dont want that

Knives122
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:08 PM
hey goku, I am refering to that same person from yuyu hakusho

Knives122
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:10 PM
hey goku, I am refering to that same person from yuyu hakusho, AND GO BACK TO SCHOOL

Kagari
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:10 PM
You're techincally flaming already, seeing as this is the third or fourth somewhat rediculous thread you've started in the past week....plus, you post more nit ehm than anyone else i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

let's try and keep the discussions at a slightly higher level from now on.

AND, seeing as this thread has already become redundant, I guess I'll close it. Any objections, feel free to PM me.

EDIT :Knives, don't double post please.

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:11 PM
sweet, yoko is awesome but demon yusuke is so undeniably tight, and ugh i told you its complicated

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:19 PM
forum-goer's schooling isnt really anyones business, tho i think you should stick thru school also, its your choice, your life, enjoy it...

back on topic tho, if you were to be alive in feudal japan im sure you would see most people wearing the same sandals fromt he same shoemaker, or whatever, same with the dark ages and whatever, the reason that we today dont have the same shoes is because shoes are no longer made outta necessity but rather must have a functoin or look good, even tho the primary function stayed the same we added crap for no real reason, for instance, who the hell cares if your shoe lights up when u step, does it really matter, also the fact that there are thousandsof different shoe manufgs., anyways, point is, in history there was 1 shoemaker per geographic area and he didnt need to make 50000 diff. shoes or 50000 diff. styles, the sandals all serve their purposes and there probably is only 1 or 2 shoemakers in the village

as for the headband thing i would have to guess that its something like war in our days, even tho you hate a country it is against the "rules of engagement" to dress up like them or dress up as civilians and attack them, so america has tags and patches that let even the enemy know they're american, so maybe there was a Ninja version of the "geneva convention" in which they decided honorable practices of war, which may have included village headbands to distinguish, i mean they need SOMETHING when everyone can wear diff. uniforms all different colors from blue to orange to green

Kagari
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Legendary, you got it.

I've owned three pairs of shoes since grade 9, which was 6 years ago. I still use them out of necessity only. ah, what has this world come to?i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:26 PM
haha yeah man, i agree, i buy like one pair of sneakers and thats when my old pair is either too messed up or small to wear, and i never liked those light up sneakers... lol

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:33 PM
This thread is a joke, please close it.

gokudagreat
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:38 PM
konohamuru, two things, how come your always in a mean mood, and two, no one is posting or saying anything in this forum, so what if people have somewhat off topic conversations, whos it hurting? ....whatever, no matter what my topic is or what i post, its dumb and irrelevant and im stupid and flaming

Jhoffer
Wed, 04-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Off the top of my head, Jiraiya and The Hokage both have different sandals than the normal ones mainly seen.

itsgalf
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:42 AM
Nike monopolized the footwear industry and bought out all competition. Therefore, only footwear available is their brand of sandals... It's sad really.

Krbadass
Thu, 04-08-2004, 01:51 AM
pointless and locked.