PDA

View Full Version : Kill bill voume 2

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 04-07-2004, 03:11 PM
man cant wait to c this movie, watched the first one and it kiked ass, so much blood and gore man it coudnt have been anybetter, wonder how she will kik bills ass in the second one. so uwt are ur thoughts on the second volume of kill bill?

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-07-2004, 05:16 PM
yea, the movie looks good, I'm a fan of Quentin Tarantino.

Vagabond
Wed, 04-07-2004, 06:19 PM
I heard there was gonna be an anime prequel or something. Is that true?

Koyuki
Wed, 04-07-2004, 07:19 PM
It would be cool if they maid an anime.

The first was kickass, can't wait. Liked the way vol. 1 ended, cause you REALLY want to watch vol. 2.

Knives122
Wed, 04-07-2004, 07:34 PM
it'll be cool for "The Bride"(what they call her in the movie) to finally kill bill

75cents_inc
Wed, 04-07-2004, 08:08 PM
it looks good i liked the first one hope there is more violence i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif but then again is more always better lol

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 04-07-2004, 08:12 PM
The first film in this movie was well good...I'm definitely gonna see part two, though I doubt it will be quite as good as its not meant to be as Japanesie as the first one...

It was cool to see the actress who played either Mitsuko or Chigusa (I forget which) in Battle Royale was cast in the first one - can't beat a huge spikey mace on a chain in a film. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif She plays a good psychopath i/expressions/devil.gif

EDIT - lol - I just read this in an interview with the actress:

Were there any mishaps filming the fight scene? Yes, I once hit Quentin on the head with my ball and chain.

How did that happen? Yeah, the setup was the camera was behind me and the action was for me to turn around quickly and wield my mace, my ball and chain, towards the camera. Quentin was just outside of the lens and I clobbered him.

Good thing you didn't hit the camera. But I actually hit the camera too.

Xollence
Wed, 04-07-2004, 08:24 PM
I didn't really like the commercial for it, when Uma Thurman is riding in that car.

Rek
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Gogo was played by Chigusa... and she does play a damned good psycho... but what would you do if some dude, in the middle of a game where you have to kill off all your class mates, came up and said... "Hey, nice shoes, let's fuck." And held a cross bow to your head... you are legally allowed to go a little crazy...
And Gogo did have the best weapons.

Btw, did you read the book. see the movie. or both?

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-08-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by: Konoha Rek
Gogo was played by Chigusa... and she does play a damned good psycho... but what would you do if some dude, in the middle of a game where you have to kill off all your class mates, came up and said... "Hey, nice shoes, let's fuck." And held a cross bow to your head... you are legally allowed to go a little crazy...
And Gogo did have the best weapons.

Btw, did you read the book. see the movie. or both?

If you mean Battle Royale then I saw the movie then read the book...I've downloaded the Manga as well so I'm gonna read that sometime (though probably not for a while). Its been a while since I last saw the film and read the book, hence why I don't remember whether it was Chigusa or Mitsuko i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

***This could be considered a spoiler for the BR movie - colouring the text doesn't seem to work i/expressions/rolleye.gif***

Yeah that guy was asking for the 'delicate area' stabbing he received (in the movie - I can't remember if it happened in the book or not)...I think he threatened her with rape as well...then got his arse kicked. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif "you...cut...my....face!!!" I think I have a wallpaper somewhere of her with the knife and the cut on her face with the psycho look - might have to use that for a dvd menu background... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

***// spoiler***

Raven
Thu, 04-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Yeah, there are reports that a Kill Bill anime prequel is on the way:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040407b.php

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 04-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Ahh more anime like the short bit in the first film would rule...

dbz_kidnaruto
Sat, 04-10-2004, 02:09 PM
yeah im goin to watch it today.. haha lol

Mut
Sat, 04-10-2004, 03:08 PM
personally, i thought kill bill vol 1 sucked. maybe not sucked, but not good enough to get so much hype. i really loathe the blood gushing thing. it's so unrealistic. yes, sometimes blood can squirt out but not to a point where it becomes a geyser. i hate it when animes do it too, so lame.

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
personally, i thought kill bill vol 1 sucked. maybe not sucked, but not good enough to get so much hype. i really loathe the blood gushing thing. it's so unrealistic. yes, sometimes blood can squirt out but not to a point where it becomes a geyser. i hate it when animes do it too, so lame.

It was meant to be like that though...in a similar way to Ichi The Killer...pretty much the whole film is paying homage to old style movies (including why the main character wears a Bruce Lee 'Game of Death' style suit, and also why the violence is so over the top)...

r3n
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:15 PM
remember its a trilogy, theres still another film to come

i love tarintino films but thought kill bill was disapointing, i dont like uma thurma as a "bad girl" part, she doesnt suit it. also zatoichi is sooooo much better i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:20 PM
that's exactly what i mean, i hate that blood gushing crap. it's stupid.

Swallow Your Soul
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Wow I never knew there were going to be three...I just thought there would only be two...

If there are three then I'll be happy with that (as long as the second one is good i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Knives122
Sat, 04-10-2004, 11:25 PM
This movie will tie everything together and will be a lot more suspenseful, with a lot more violence and gore. it will have "the bride" almost dying in every battle especially bill

Uzumaki Naruto
Sun, 04-11-2004, 02:28 AM
one reason why i like kill bill is bc of the anime scenes, they kik ass and i hope there is more to come

r3n
Sun, 04-11-2004, 05:42 AM
*edit* k sorry to disapoint but i was wrong, its only 2 films i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Everon
Tue, 04-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Bleh I suppose I'm the only one who didn't like Kill Bill. Yeah it was suppose to be a b-movie flick, yeah it was a nod to the countless animes and asian movies. The thing that killed it for me was bad sound. Maybe it was just the theatre I went to, but the audio levels were all screwed up. Music and Sound effects were way too loud.

I liked the blood though. That was nice.

Swallow Your Soul
Tue, 04-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by: Everon
Bleh I suppose I'm the only one who didn't like Kill Bill. Yeah it was suppose to be a b-movie flick, yeah it was a nod to the countless animes and asian movies. The thing that killed it for me was bad sound. Maybe it was just the theatre I went to, but the audio levels were all screwed up. Music and Sound effects were way too loud.

I liked the blood though. That was nice.

It probably was just the theatre messing up the sound...the sound was fine when I saw it...

Unlucky...

Power PMV
Tue, 04-13-2004, 09:56 PM
I liked the first one, the blood thing was cheesy, but it was done on purpose to emulate old movies so that's fine. I'm looking forward to the second one.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 04-14-2004, 07:32 AM
I saw the trailer for Kill Bill vol.2 last night and im looking forward to very much. Its cool that they will show us how Bill became who he is in anime. It ten days left until it out here in Sweden yipeei/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hajime-Saitou
Thu, 04-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Yeah the new trailer kicks ass, shows a lot of cool scenes, this one will be better in sense of story.

Suzu
Fri, 04-16-2004, 11:44 AM
A lot of you are missing the whole point of the movie "I didn't like the gushing blood". Everything in the movie is supposed to be corny and unrealistic i.e having a complimentary sword holder to carry your samurai sword on a plane, the godzilla-like tokyo when she flies in and everything else in the film. It was great. If you watched all the old films it referenced it also makes the movie like 3 times cooler, and Sonny Chiba is the man. On the other hand i don't remember who said Zatoichi was better but i disagree completely. The added in CG blood was faker looking than Kill Bill's and though the movie is slightly comedic the blood should not be in a samurai movie. The older Zatoichi movies were so much better. The sequel (really a continuation) of Kill Bill however is going to be less violent and it will be corny in a Sergio Leone Western kinda way instead of old Japanese and Chinese flicks with more dialogue. Basically classic Pulp fiction stuff so i f you didn't like Vol. 1 you might end up liking volume too.

Damn!!! Why did Gogo have to die?
Chiaki Kuriyama is so badass

Yes i am unapolagetically a big Quinten Tarantino fan.

Assertn
Sat, 04-17-2004, 02:09 AM
the reason i didnt like the crazy 88 scene in the first one wasnt because of the corny gushing blood, it was because it was about 30 min or so of just repetition.....it was boring
i liked the 2nd volume though....alot more satire and alot less drawn out fighting

Suzu
Sat, 04-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Yeah, the second one was amazing. Just saw it last night the Elle Driver vs. The Bride fight was the second greatest thing i've ever seen in my life, Pai Mei being the best!!!!

Assertn
Sat, 04-17-2004, 01:28 PM
"Pai Mei teaches no one the 5 palm point exploding heart technique".....woo that was good times

Hajime-Saitou
Sat, 04-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah Vol.2 was very good i loved it, and yes Pai Mei is the best!

Everon
Sun, 04-18-2004, 02:11 AM
Watched the second one, I'd say much better than the first, specially the whole thing where Bud (AKA Sidewinder), who I thought was the most sincere at first, was actually a person who just feigns weakness to make people put thier guard down. A liar at heart. Good stuff.

Pai Mei was great. Too bad Quentin didn't go deeper into the Pai Mei-Beatrice Kiddo relationship.

Knives122
Sun, 04-18-2004, 05:58 PM
It was one of the best movies ive ever seen, it ran on a little too long but the best part was when B.K fought Elle and that thing happened (You know what im talking about people the funniest and grosest part in that fight at the end of it)

Kagari
Sun, 04-18-2004, 11:34 PM
That movie was awesome...My new code name is Black Mamba....

Ninja Master Kenny
Mon, 04-19-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by: Hajime-Saitou
Yeah Vol.2 was very good i loved it, and yes Pai Mei is the best!

lol...Pai Mei is awesome!!

sangai
Mon, 04-19-2004, 02:12 AM
i just got back from seeing it, and i must say even better then the first. this movie i really enjoyed.

pai mei is awsome. some really great flashback scenes.i did not expect the end to end the way it did.

hiddenpookie
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:08 PM
is it worth buying?..i d/l the dvd rip..but i dont know how to use and open up those rar files..is it worth shelling out $15???

Gods_Son
Tue, 04-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Pai Mai alone might make the film worth buying. He shouldn't have had a lame food-poisoning death. The 2nd was better than the first, but I didn't really like the ending. It was too happy for me, just didn't really fit. Black Mamba AKA Mommy, wtf is that.

Rek
Tue, 04-20-2004, 05:48 PM
I think the ending was grand. Kill Bill is a most definate on the purchase list. and Pai Mei owns. He owns your mother. your cousin. your sister. and your brother.

Oh, and Sonny Chiba is the man, and Estaban is teh r0x0r.

Who thinks Bill should have taken 6 steps?

originalkrn
Sun, 05-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Kill Bill 2 was completely awesome. I just saw it couple nights ago. Pei Mei.. Damn he is such a badass. Damn Elle, such a bitch. But if you want pure cutting legs and heads off and bloodshed everywhere, then you wont like kill bill 2. Hahaha. Did you spot the celebrity cosplay by uma thurman? she was doing a hayate/kakashi combo. HAHA
http://home.primus.ca/~liam3/images/kill_bill_2/kill-bill-2-lg-32.jpg

Swallow Your Soul
Thu, 05-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Just saw it for the first time and although it was a film I enjoyed, I was disappointed (the only reaction to the film I really saw was in this forum, where feedback seemed really good), there was very little REALLY good action, and the ending was one of the biggest anti climaxes I've ever seen...a kind-of-spoiler coming up...

**SPOILER**

I was expecting a big exciting fight scene at the end....and instead that daft (albeit funny) technique is pretty much how the film ends! The 5 steps technique would have been a good way to end it had there been a fight before it, but I sat through a load of talking and to have it end like that I was kinda like wtf?

**end of spoilerish thing**

Don't get me wrong, it was a good film...its just that imo the first was much better.

Raven
Fri, 05-14-2004, 12:38 AM
How good would it be to go and live with a master like Pai Mei for months, training every day! It would be a hard existence, but it would be worth it in the end. This movie has inspired me to take up martial arts once again.

Uzumaki Naruto
Fri, 05-14-2004, 12:40 AM
lol, yea pai mei is the man, it was hella funny when she was sleeping the she just hella puchned the wall and woke up

Mae
Fri, 05-14-2004, 02:07 PM
I saw the movie yesterday, and it was definately worth the money. David Caradine (?sp) was GREAT as Bill. I didn't know he could be such a badass. I liked when he showed up at the church and seemed very laid back and then had everyone slaughtered. And when asked to explain himself he just says "I overreacted." nice.

Maybe this movie will give him a boost and his career will start up again.