PDA

View Full Version : Love Hina or Trigun?

kajic
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Can you give me your opinion on which of these two i should see first?

Death BOO Z
Wed, 04-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Trigun is most defintaly the better anime out of those two...
Love Hina was funny, but the real story was too scattered and the show had too much filler in it.
Trigun, however, is great from the first episode to the last, it's a must-watch series for anyone...

HimizujinEternia
Wed, 04-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Agreed. Trigun is generally accepted as one of the greatest series ever made. While I don't go that far, I will say that it's an INCREDIBLY good anime.

kajic
Wed, 04-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Aite then, itll be Trigun then.

And while we are at this, I am kind of new to anime (just watched like 10 full length movies) and Naruto so I wonder one thing. Which is the best anime series in your opinion?

JTD121
Wed, 04-07-2004, 12:55 PM
I think it would depend on the genre. I don't think there is one greatest anime. I think each genre has it's greatest, but that's me.

mainva | aptigo | JTD out

kajic
Wed, 04-07-2004, 01:03 PM
As mentioned I'm really new so that just confuses me even more.
Give me some titles please and add the genres of it if you want to.

Aion
Wed, 04-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Vash is one of the best characters ever created.

HimizujinEternia
Wed, 04-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by: kajic
As mentioned I'm really new so that just confuses me even more.
Give me some titles please and add the genres of it if you want to.

If you're downloading, the most worthwhile ongoing series right now is Fullmetal Alchemist. If you can get the torrents, I also highly recommend Scrapped Princess (my personal favorite). Both of these are Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

Stoopider
Wed, 04-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Scrapped Princess is a Matrix copy. Better than the Matrix though. But it could use more fighting scenes and more magic. Rather than going EVA on us.

Outta the topic..

Trigun is definitely better. However towards the ending, it gets kinda sucky.

Love Hina, It's good, however I would say there are better in that same sort of genre. But it's around since it's a classic. But it can get kinda monotonious after a while. I get sick of the characters kinda fast.

Vagabond
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Here are some of my personal favs:

GTO- Action/Comedy/Drama
One Piece- Action/Comedy(if you like naruto then you'll like this)
Berserk- Action(not as good as the manga)
FMA is okay.
I dunno....

kajic
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, naruto is great so ill check One Piece out...

kajic
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Sorry for double posting but any tips of where to get the first One Piece eps? I seems like i can only find 80+

lionheart1012000
Wed, 04-07-2004, 05:59 PM
a good anime movie to watch would be perfect blue. if your not into complicated story lines and some gore then i suggest you dont download this one.

Vagabond
Wed, 04-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Kaizoku-fansubs.com

And if you have mirc then #Kaizoku-Fansubs at irc.rizon.net (a lot faster)

Koyuki
Wed, 04-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Trigun. Love Hina is great to. But watch Trigun first

If you like samurais, i recommend Rurouni Kenshin.
A REALLY good anime i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 04-07-2004, 07:26 PM
I didn't enjoy the last half of Trigun as much as the first, while I had a pretty level enjoyment with Love Hina. For a new anime fan, I will almost always suggest Trigun first though.

Regarding the "best" anime, I do have one that I consider the best across almost all genre (doesn't have a lot of comedy): Princess Mononoke. Its only my opinion on the matter of course.

chaos4ever4
Wed, 04-07-2004, 08:31 PM
watch trigun, especially if you're into guns and action

imo, of the love hina episodes i've watched, i'd recommend you to read the manga instead.

Other series to watch:
Series currently being released:
Fullmetal Alchemist (the anime is better than the manga.. that's a first for me)
Area 88
Macross Zero OVA

Recent series that have been completely released:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (hotly contested whether it's really good or not, but it's worth watching)
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
full metal panic? fumoffu (but watch Full Metal Panic! first, or you won't get half of it!!!)
ROD TV
GetBackers (is it true that a 2nd season is coming?)

Other good series:
ROD OVA
Chobits
Hellsing (just for style points, no real plot though -- early series termination)
Great Teacher Onizuka
Cowboy Bebop
Roununi Kenshin (sp?) OVA (not the series, though the series is OK)
Cardcaptor Sakura (the SUBBED version, not DUBBED. From what I hear it's very good, but the DUBBED version is crap)

I also hear that Juuni Koukki (12 Kingdoms) was very good

Knives122
Wed, 04-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Watch Trigun, nough said

Gods_Son
Wed, 04-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Love Hina is nothing compared to Trigun. There's already another thread with recommendations, you can go look there for some.

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 04-07-2004, 11:29 PM
trigun, dont even watch an eps of love hina until u have finished trigun, bc trigun rules over love hina

HimizujinEternia
Thu, 04-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
Scrapped Princess is a Matrix copy. Better than the Matrix though. But it could use more fighting scenes and more magic. Rather than going EVA on us.

Character Development and plot >> Fight scenes. Scrapped Princess owns in this category.

Hmm.... thread hijack in progress, must get back on track.

Ah, another series to try that I recommend solely on Character development and plot, because that's what this anime does best: Kodomo no Omocha. Sure, it's shojo. But Shojo tends to beat out Shonen in terms of plot any day. Besides, it's simple, classic humor is often refreshing from all this newfangled anime.

kajic
Thu, 04-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Thanx for all the replies, I sure got some material now i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Everon
Fri, 04-09-2004, 03:37 AM
They both have different themes and flavors. If you're looking for a comedic love series Love Hina is teh way to go. Trigun plays out like most animes - having a range of different emotions (the main character sometimes acts like a dope, and at other times is deathly serious). Triguns a nice anime to start with, but it really doesn't pick up a theme until later.