PDA

View Full Version : Madlax

Munsu
Wed, 04-07-2004, 01:24 AM
I downloaded this a couple of hours ago... awesome first episode... I recommend this download for all of you that have the time... even to those that dont... I really liked it...

Anyone else saw this already?

XwingRob
Wed, 04-07-2004, 03:20 AM
First off...while I was downloading this...I couldn't help but wonder if this show was a show about a powerful laxative. Fortanely I was wrong. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Next: I liked it, I'll watch it unless the next episode is retarded or something.
For some reason, I can't help but get the feeling this show is based off of some hentai thing, though.
Heh.

Lego
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:15 AM
Madlax was pretty good. Another gun totting anime to add to the pile, as i had already watched phantom this week.

Something about the character design seemed kind of weird to me, or it could of been the animation.

But best of all was the music, my god i loved the music.

Haven't had a show like this besides GITS SAC where i simply had to have the music.

XwingRob
Wed, 04-07-2004, 04:28 AM
Yeah, the music was pretty awesome.

oceen246
Wed, 04-07-2004, 11:48 AM
mad laxative, haha!!! you're funny XwingRob.

I just finished downloading and watching it, this show is great, I really like gun totting shows (trigun, gungrave, Ghost In Shell,.....).

The part that got me confused is during the fighting scene in the jungle, I was wondering why she changed her clothes to put on a dress.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 04-10-2004, 05:40 PM
just watched the first episode today, here's my impressions:

Bee Train should stop doing animes and focus on realesing OSTs... this thing has even more amazing BGM than Hack sign and Noir combined... so damn cool!

the other stuff? well, the animation is amazing, like all there works, but as usual, there's too much focus on the eyes and too much still scenes.

I can't say much about the plot yet, since it's the first episode, but for now, i'm not excited or anything about it...

the charecters? still a bit dull, but an improvement from the previous animes (Avenger, Hack sign, Noir), it seems like the guys in Bee Train finally realized that a charecter that keeps silence all the time (or just spourts some plot related sentences once in a while) can not be considered a charecter... to make myself clear, I liked the Pasta comments...

to summ myself up, it's a Bee Train production, so i have mixed feelings concerning it, but it looks like Avenger was the bottum that they could sink to, and from now on they are on the right track...

Note: i'm aware that i'm reviving this topic from page 2, i just didn't have the time to watch this episode yesterday...

Munsu
Sat, 04-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Plot aside... I really liked the episode... I think that I just like those type of animes that are a shooter type without any mecha involved...

I get what you are saying about the silent main characters and the animes you mentioned are perfect example of it... I think that Noir pulled it off nicely though... just like GunGrave is doing now

But Madlax doesnt seem to be that type of character...

I hope this series has a thick plot with a lot of mix-ups and shit... and betrayal, and some cruel killing... like a bad guy killing innocent children or something...something controversial...

Humm... that seems to be my wish of a perfect anime

Blue Wind
Sat, 04-10-2004, 07:39 PM
This show sucks and is Boring with capitol B. The music during the fight scenes nearly drove me insane and speaking of the fight scenes, they were total horse shit!

I have a bad feeling they're gonna make it like Noir too, as it Noir didn't suck enough!

chaos4ever4
Sun, 04-11-2004, 01:07 PM
This series has an interesting start, but like Blue Wind said, it might become the next Noir.

Granted that I haven't seen most of Noir yet.

But Madlax is different. Her character is actually more human. But they way she killed people was a tad disturbing and unbelievable.

Anyway, I'll make my judgement a when a couple of more episodes come out.

Good music though.

SuntUrioN
Mon, 04-12-2004, 08:34 AM
This show really resembled Noir alot.

The thing i hated was the fights. They looked nice but were just too unbelievable. The reason i like anime is because it's beautifull animation and because it's fantasy.

The way she killed those guys was just to unreal. Most of the time not even looking at them.
Wassup with that. You might be ill when it comes to gun bussin' but even Vash had to look where he was shooting.

This chick was just standing on a tree, not even looking at those militay guys and just killed them with ease.

But still can't wait till the next episode

Munsu
Tue, 04-13-2004, 05:00 PM
episode 2 came out a couple of hours ago for those of you that are watching it

XwingRob
Tue, 04-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Wow...the second episode made me just say...WTF?

XianPalin
Tue, 04-13-2004, 10:34 PM
I second the "wtf" for episode 2.

Hopefully Episode 3 makes some sense of it.

Munsu
Tue, 04-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Watching the preview it aparently does make sense of it... at least we get some backround on Madlax

bwabes
Wed, 04-14-2004, 12:11 AM
I really disliked the first episode. The plot was thin and pointless, and I wasn't too fond of the animation (the music was very good, though). I'll give the second episode a shot, but it doesn't look too good...

SuntUrioN
Sun, 04-18-2004, 08:09 AM
I just watched the second episode. My conclusion:

HELLA BORING !!

Munsu
Tue, 04-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Episode 3 came out a couple of hours ago... I've really liked the series so far, dont know... this is the type of anime i've been missing the last couple of months... and I really think episode 3 took a step in the right direction...

Kaya83
Wed, 04-21-2004, 01:52 AM
this is one of the shittiest anime i've ever seen.
I can't understand why people are doing this or kono minkuku or even bakuten & not Gantz.
Madlax is slow, boring, & has a so damned conventional plot... It seems like the authors wanted to do like a reply of noir or something like that...screw it.

Munsu
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Well I like it, and apparently I'm the only one... but I will keep promoting it, because I think it will bring about a good story

Death BOO Z
Wed, 04-21-2004, 02:58 PM
I watched ep 3 now, wasn't as bad as 2... i actually managed to stay focused in it!

the only thing above avarege in this anime is the music, scratch that, the only exceptional thing in all Bee Train 's animes is the music. the action theme could make even Sakura's flashbacks into a worthwhile experience...

too bad that the plot is not only completly sucky, but it's also trying too hard... I could handle the anime if they kept the plot level realstic, but they are trying to act as if they are something special...
the only thing worse than that is the constant close up on a few obscure items (red shoes, wow!) and thier neverending repeatence of useless sentences (a blue moon, how wonderfull, let's all party like it's 1999!).
oh, sorry i fotgot to mention the flashbacks... even though i don't have any idea who they are concerning, or why they are appearing, i'm pretty sure they are useless aswell.

Again, my mistake, the worst part must be the fact that the two main charecters don't have even the slightest connection between eachother, and each of them has a bank of sentences which she uses about 5 times each episode ("it's boring"~"the moon is blue")...

hehg, funny thing, i have no idea how this post became so negative, ep 3 wasn't that bad, it was way above ep 2, anyway...

DraGunZer0
Wed, 04-21-2004, 04:16 PM
I think this is an anime for the philosophical people. I mean Noir, .Hack and maybe Avenger (gave up watching because I couldn't stand it) had some views on the dark side of human nature. That little girl in the scene with the fallen buildings and the boy in the woods (first ep at the beginning) is probably going to give us a theme or message throughout the anime. Right now I don't feel like thinking so I'm just watching this because Madlax's fighting theme is just damn cool. Need some more kick ass anime (Go Tenjo Tenge!!)

Uberbaka
Wed, 04-21-2004, 04:27 PM
I liked Noir, I tried to like .Hack (but after like 16 episodes i gave up)... I've only seen the first episode of madlax... it was ok, until she put on a fucking dress(!). What in the fuck was that about? I've downloaded the second and third episode, giving it two more chances... The pasta thing was amusing the first time, the second time felt like it was being forced. Anyway... I'll "report in" after checking out the other eps

Death BOO Z
Wed, 04-21-2004, 04:29 PM
I agree that .hack had some philosophical issues, even though i didn't get any of them...
Noir (i'm only at ep 15) doesn't seem to be too intellegent, just two girls going around and acting as if someone cares...

Avenger, however, is a completly shitty anime.
the plot is about the same as a fairy tale, good guy (girl, laila ashely) go and wacks bad guy (volk). Avenger had zero plot twists (espically the last one, i mean, at least when goku turned super sayian it was cool...) and even the serious plot lines (nei, the human\doll boy\girl) turned out to be shit. and let's not talk about the charecters; a table map had more perssonallity than them, and dogs have a better bank of sentences (the "kill me if you can" line gets old after you see it 5 times in a damn episode!).

Avenger is one of the few animes i can proudly, without any shadow of a doubt, say that they are pure shit... I hold some respect to Lain and Hack sign, but Avenger is at the same level of firestorm and kidou shinsengumi for me, which is way below DBZ and Guardian hearts...

DraGunZer0
Wed, 04-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Guardian Hearts... if I'm not mistaken, thats the one with the 4 umm.... damn forgot what they were called (the Northern Crimson Phoenix Suzaku, Western White Tiger Genbu, Eastern Azure Dragon Seiryu, and Southern Black Turtle Byakko thingy in China, [yea I probably mixed up a lot of those]). But If that was guardian Hearts, I hated it after the first 3 eps because the animation is so crappy... and it's kind of a made for girls anime seeing that they are all guys and they act kinda gay. Don't get me wrong though, I watched chick animes too like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Fushigi Yuugi, but Guardian Hearts was.... lame. And DBZ would be so much better if they didn't use the same scenes over and over again... DBZ also needs a sense of fashion as well... (i mean the fighting gear is ok, but the stuff they wear when they aren't fighting... ::shivers:i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Another thing, I might have been thinking of another anime on my earlier post.. but Noir is the anime with a girl committing suicide in the beginning right?

Uberbaka
Thu, 04-22-2004, 08:43 AM
No, i think you're thinking about Lain... -Now- watching Lain really wraps your brain around a brick, builds a house with it and then demolishes it. ^_^

r3n
Thu, 04-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by: Lego

Haven't had a show like this besides GITS SAC where i simply had to have the music.

GITS SAC music f**king owned!

Kak Worm
Sat, 04-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Just finished watching the first episode. The story started out nicely, but once the real fighting started, I was completely turned off!!! Gawd!!! I dun care if Madlax may have superhuman abilities or some implants or god knows what!!! The way she fights is like, ARGH!!!! Its another one of those anime where "if i am not the main character, i can't even hit the broad side of a wall at point blank", except that its alot more exaggerated and many times worse. Sure, matrix style dodges or some incredible display of acrobatics are corny, but IMO, not making any evasive manuveurs and having a whole group of soldiers miss is a whole lot worse!!!

I would watch it for the storyline only. It looks like something good can be developed. The BGM is pretty good too. But the action is just plain, BLEAH.

Munsu
Wed, 04-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Episode 4 has been out since yesterday... go get it

Death BOO Z
Wed, 04-28-2004, 01:28 PM
well, i watched ep 4 couple of hours ago, I can say it was better than episode three, since i only took one nap in the middle....

seriously, this anime is just B-O-R-I-N-G. nothing ever happens to any of the main charecters, which makes it immpossible to remember their names, not only that, they actually never met, which makes the interaction between them amount to absaloute ZERO.

i won't say it's completly horrible, but it has no advancment in anything that matters, and the flashbacks(or whatever those scenes are, two dolls talkinh to each other? WTF!?) are worse than Sakura's ones. the only strong point of this anime is the music (the fighting themes, mostly), and unfourtantly, that can't make a bad anime worth watching...

on a side note, i know that whenever i feel tired but can't sleep, i can always watch ep 2 (mute, so i won't run the risk of getting pumped by the music) and sleep till next month before the commercials break.

Munsu
Tue, 05-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Episode 5 is out... go get it

lexkickssuperman
Wed, 05-05-2004, 02:54 AM
Let me tell you why I'm still watching it after cussing through all 4eps so far. I'm holding out hope to see someone actually go hire madlax and shoot the brains out of the girl and those 2 kids. The I'd be satisfied.

Munsu
Fri, 05-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Episode 6 is out..... download it now!

XwingRob
Sat, 05-15-2004, 02:37 AM
WTF? This show is not making sense at all!!
Well, it appears that Madlax and that other girl will finally be in the same episode for once.(next week)

Munsu
Sat, 05-15-2004, 06:29 AM
Yeah, it kinda doesnt seem to fit in at the moment... but i like it, contrary to most people...

I cant wait for next episode... it looks like something big is going down

Munsu
Fri, 05-21-2004, 10:49 PM
Episode 7 is out... go get it....

Not a whole lot happens... and more questions than answers arise... but at least we see some connections being made

XwingRob
Sat, 05-22-2004, 03:19 AM
Yes, finally.

Munsu
Mon, 05-31-2004, 11:01 AM
Episode 8 came out last night... go get it

Koyuki
Thu, 06-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Ep 11 is out

Grab it here (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/%5BANBU-Lunar%5D%20Madlax%20-%2011%20%5BBD59ACDB%5D.avi.torrent)

Munsu
Thu, 06-17-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm watching episodes 10 and 11 tonight... and let you know of my impressions...

Any of you guys have continued watching and have a change of opinions towards Madlax? because it is one of my favorites of the season

Aeon
Thu, 06-17-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm tired of waiting for One Piece, guess I'll start a new series since I saw on the first page that its like noir which I never saw but I heard Noir is like Gunslinger Girl which I liked a lot.

AnbuAone
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:25 PM
I just got bored watching it. At first i thought to myself that this is going to be a good anime but after the 5 ep I started to have these weird feelings that this anime is going to be no action and no play. I don't like the anime anymore. I like to see action and love

hikaru004
Thu, 06-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Well, I thought that it was slow at first. It's taking too long for those 2 girls to finally meet. It seems like the plot is finally progressing. I'm still sticking with it.

Aeon
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:23 PM
I just watched the first 3eps and Madlax has to be one of the best main characters ever. Up there with Brandon Heat. Not annoying in the least and her attitude is great. On the other hand that rich girl annoys me. There always has to be atleast one character that I don't like in a series. Time to watch ep4.

Munsu
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:42 PM
The rich girl isnt that bad... she'll probably grow on you as you watch more episodes

Aeon
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:15 AM
I have just watched all the eps that are currently out,and all I gotta say is more. The odd episodes that seem to fous on Madlax are really great. Margaret still seems to annoy me but Elinor is pretty cool. I kinda feel sorry for Vanessa right now, as it seems everybody that Madlax help's ends up dead anywayi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Munsu
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:46 AM
yeah Elinor is cool... she kicks ass!!!...

I dont think Vanessa will be killed anytime soon..... and everyone that Madlax has protected and died have been guys.... this is the first girl she protects... lets see what happens

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:44 PM
i havent been able to watch past ep 6 without falling asleep, even in broad daylight, i dont know what it is, it could be me, but ill give this series a shot when it's complete

Aeon
Thu, 06-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Ep12 was released by Anbu/Lunar, Madlax vs The Scary Girl should be a good ep.

Munsu
Fri, 06-25-2004, 11:59 PM
There seems to be a connection between Madlax and Margarette... they may be sisters or something...

Aeon
Fri, 07-02-2004, 06:23 PM
I doubt they are sisters, I think Vanessa said they were the same age so I doubt they are twins. Anyways ep 13 was released.

joker-kun
Fri, 07-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Is this series good, cause currently im only watching Condor Hero, which rarelky comes out, and One Piece.

PCAnImaX
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:04 PM
The storyline is far better than GunSlinger Girl at least, I cut off GunSlinger Girl halfway through the 4th epd...

Munsu
Fri, 07-02-2004, 09:34 PM
joker-kun: Good to see you are still watching Condor Hero... I was starting to think I was the only one watching it in this forum... (btw I used to be Mondongo, I havent seen you in a while so you probably don't remember)

as for Madlax it is one of my favorites of the current season, but I think that it is an aquired taste... either you like it very much or you dislike it

If you are looking for something to watch then I recommend any of these current series:

Monster
Hunter x Hunter
Shura no Toki
Samurai Champloo

ER-1
Sat, 07-03-2004, 10:58 AM
May I ask where can I get the new series of Madlax?

Aeon
Sat, 07-03-2004, 02:04 PM
You can get it from here (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/)

The ending for ep 13 was great and has me looking forward to ep 14. Maybe I was wrong about Margaret all along. And I wonder how Madlax is gonna react to seeing The Truth, considering the last guy that saw The Truth forgot his whole existance.

Munsu
Sun, 07-04-2004, 03:20 AM
Damn.. I was holding out on watching episode 13... I wanted to watch it together with 14... from your post I kinda want to watch it now... but I'll hold out to the suspense and watch it next week with 14

Munsu
Wed, 07-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Episode 14 is out... go get it...

Aeon
Wed, 07-07-2004, 02:22 PM
YaY, I been waiting 4days to see this ep.

Munsu
Thu, 07-08-2004, 01:37 AM
I just watch episode 13... what an amazing turn of events

And yeah Margaret is starting to become one awesome character.... two things I liked about her in this episode:

When Dawn ask her: "Who are you?" and She replied "Margaret. Margaret Burton"

And in the end when she said "I will kill you"

Episode 14 is downloading... i'll comment on it later

I hope the words Elda Taluta don't make Madlax go berserk and kill Vanessa and then commit suicide

PCAnImaX
Fri, 07-09-2004, 03:02 AM
Whole lot of traffic to d/l eps 14... faster faster... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Fri, 07-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Episode 14 was awesome... IMO one of the best so far...

one small spoiler... not intended though,

Did anyone got reminded of the song played in Noir, Salva Nos, when Vanessa picked up the gun to look for Madlax?

Aeon
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:29 PM
After watching the end of the opening and seeing Madlax look like the calm one and Margeret being the one holding the gun I wonder if the truth gives them the others personality. I need to download the Madlax OST, the song that plays during the eps is stuck in my head. The one that sounds like ya manny, ya manny, ya manny, yeahhhhhhhh.

Munsu
Thu, 07-15-2004, 04:00 AM
Episode 15 is out... can't find a torrent... but it's out on IRC

Edit: http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/[ANBU-Lunar (http://%20Madlax%20-%2015%20[847FD8EA].avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/[ANBU-Lunar]%20Madlax%20-%2015%20[847FD8EA].avi.torrent)

Aeon
Thu, 07-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks, can't wait to see it. Madlax has become my fav anime after Naruto and One Piece of course.

intense
Thu, 07-15-2004, 03:27 PM
yay... finally!! after watching ep 14, the two plots between madlax and margraret are about to meet... yay... which means that there will be more action now, and a better plot.

PCAnImaX
Fri, 07-16-2004, 03:45 AM
Ep 15 is out in Lunar Torrent!!! I've d/l but haven't watch...

Aeon
Tue, 07-20-2004, 05:49 PM
The OST is finally out but the files are mpc i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. I really need to buy a cd burneri/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. Guess I'll have to wait for a mp3 version of this.

Munsu
Wed, 07-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Ayu released episode 16

http://a.scarywater.net/ayu/[Ayu (http://_Madlax_16_[37E82D5A].avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/ayu/[Ayu]_Madlax_16_[37E82D5A].avi.torrent)

I hear they do a good job... although i havent tried them

thundrakkon
Wed, 07-21-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
The OST is finally out but the files are mpc . I really need to buy a cd burner. Guess I'll have to wait for a mp3 version of this.

Just convert it to MP3. If you need help, just PM me.

As for the show, it is getting better, but it is still so confusing. They try to make it mysterious, but it feels like they are intentionally leaving out material, as if plot holes more than anything. I am sometimes very frustrated when I watch it, but I will finish since I have seen it this far.

Aeon
Wed, 07-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the offer Drakkon, when I woke up this mourning another group had released the ost in mp3 format i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. To the few fans of the show I say get it just for nowhere, it's the song that seems to play during the action scenes you'll know it when you watch 16. As far as Ayu goes the subbing was good Friday Monday sounds better then Fliday Monday but the text seems weird. As far as eps go this had to be one of the better action ones.

Munsu
Thu, 07-22-2004, 12:06 AM
can you post a link to the mp3 version?

Aeon
Thu, 07-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Sure here it is, if the torrent link doesnt work then the homepage is here (http://nipponsei.hopto.org/)

http://nipponsei.levillage.org/files/[Nipponsei (http://%20MADLAX%20Original%20Soundtrack%20[072495B3]%20320k%20CBR.zip.torrent]http://nipponsei.levillage.org/files/[Nipponsei]%20MADLAX%20Original%20Soundtrack%20[072495B3]%20320k%20CBR.zip.torrent)

Oh yea about the Ayu version, its cool that they sub the insert music. It was a pretty cool effect.

Munsu
Thu, 07-22-2004, 01:50 AM
thanks...

here's anbu-lunar

http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/[ANBU-Lunar (http://%20Madlax%20-%2016%20[DC3E1258].avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/[ANBU-Lunar]%20Madlax%20-%2016%20[DC3E1258].avi.torrent)

PCAnImaX
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:11 AM
Ayu's editing was not bad also i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif, I've just finished downloading episode 16 and will be watching it later i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

The reason why I'm downloading from Ayu is because it has more Seeders than Leechers compared to Lunar's but I've downloaded 14 out of 16 episodes from Lunar i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif...

Munsu
Thu, 07-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Just watched 16... great episode...

favorite part... when Madlax takes her dress off

can't wait for 17... and I also can't wait for Madlax to meet Margaret....

Aeon
Thu, 07-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Spoilers for ep 16

Anybody think Vanessa was shot at the end? I finally watched a preview for next ep but it seemed like it was clips of old eps.

Munsu
Thu, 07-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Yeah... I also thought that there was a high possibility that Vanessa was shot... and if you tie it up with Margaret crying (although it is probably unrelated) then the possibility rises....

But I doubt she was shot... I think her role in this series is not over yet

PCAnImaX
Fri, 07-23-2004, 04:25 AM
The plot has been revealed and Madlax was able to overcome Enfan's Leader, Friday Monday, Vanessa has finally give someone a piece of her mind and the gap between Magaret and Madlax is getting closer...

Dawn is still struggling in the middle...

Whooopping!!! That's how exciting it is now... I'm getting fired up and ready for episode 17!!! Coooool!!!! *mucks*

P.s> Madlax figure combo her looks is 1 million thumbsup i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif...

Aeon
Thu, 08-19-2004, 12:29 AM
EP20 is outi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/[ANBU-Lunar (http://%20Madlax%20-%2020%20[948FD625].avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/[ANBU-Lunar]%20Madlax%20-%2020%20[948FD625].avi.torrent)

Munsu
Thu, 08-19-2004, 02:00 AM
Yeah.. that's cool... the last couple of episodes have been very good... i expect no less from the next episodes till the end(this sounds sad, i dont want it to end)

Aeon
Wed, 08-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Is it just me or is the song that starts off with I'm here(can heard around 13min in ep 20) not on the ost? I just redownloaded the mpc version and converted the songs to mp3 with Alive and can't seem to find that songi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Spoilers for ep 20

The dog tags Madlax carry around her neck seem to be from Margaret father instead of her own. Didn't see that coming. I'm starting to think Monday Friday is either Margerets or Madlax dad but I dunno how Carossur fits into everything since his blood is in secondary but it didn't look like he was around at the time of the gunshot. I love this show I need to see ep21.

Munsu
Wed, 09-01-2004, 07:24 PM
I dont think Monday Friday is either them's father... I think he would have recognize them by now as such... or at least suspect them from the beginning of possesing Secondary....

Anyways... episodes 21 and 22 released by anbu-lunar

http://a.scarywater.net/lunar

Aeon
Wed, 09-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Ohhhh a double release what more could I ask for. Maybe for my torrents to speed upi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

Munsu
Fri, 09-03-2004, 01:45 PM
I just watched 21

Possible spoilers

I really like were this series is heading... it makes me wonder... Margaret's dad was known as "Madlax", but the Madlax we know killed him... now why did she kill him? was it to protect Margaret and Dawn? or was she working for Friday Monday? where the heck did she come from?

Was Margaret's dad living a double life where Madlax was also his daughter?

End of spoilers

I hope everything gets answered on episode 22... I'll watch it tonight

Aeon
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:20 PM
I just watched the eps and all I have to say is (spoilers)

Vanessaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I knew she was gonna die sometime since everyone Madlax had to protect ended up dead but I was hoping Vanessa would survive it all. Now Madlax is prob gonna blame herself for not killing Rimelda when she had the chance. And speaking of her why does she hate Madlax so much? Kinda stupid to hate the one person that has been honest with you. Looks like my father theory was wrong so now I have a new one after kinda seeing Margaret powers I'm now starting to think that she was the one that killed her father and created Madlax the same way Carossur created another version of himself. And oh yea I still miss Vanessa Reneei/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

I really like were this series is heading... it makes me wonder... Margaret's dad was known as "Madlax", but the Madlax we know killed him... now why did she kill him? was it to protect Margaret and Dawn? or was she working for Friday Monday? where the heck did she come from?
Was Margaret's dad living a double life where Madlax was also his daughter?

For some reason I don't think Madlax is real anymore since the little girl said she was different from other people. I think somehow it was Margaret that killed her dad and to cope with the stress created Madlax which is why they seem to be linked to one another.

Munsu
Sat, 09-04-2004, 01:50 PM
You got some weird ideas there... but for as crazy as they may sound they will probably be true... or pretty close... I cant help to wonder the either Madlax or Margaret wont survival the whole ordeal ***Careful NOIR SPOILER ON THE PARENTHESES ****(but since this is a anime similar to Noir they might both survive)

I just hope that the servant survives... she is my favorite character....

Yeah Vanessa had to die, but we all were hoping that she would survive...

Rimelda doesnt hate Madlax... at the contrary, she loves her... the reason that she continues to fight her is becuase fighting her proves her existance... gives meaning to her life, all after she have been fighting a fake war... by fighting Madlax for her own reasons makes everything she has done real... or something like that...

Out of everything that has happend the only predictable thing was Margaret believing Madlax killed Vanessa... I cant wait for the episode that both these girls duke it out... maybe a threesome with Rimelda

Aeon
Tue, 09-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Ep 23 is out i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/[ANBU-Lunar (http://%20Madlax%20-%2023%20[431A8F26].avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/[ANBU-Lunar]%20Madlax%20-%2023%20[431A8F26].avi.torrent)

Munsu
Tue, 09-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Cool... that's pretty fast considering they did a double release the other day

Aeon
Wed, 09-08-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm enjoying this show too much, the eps end before they starti/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. Sucks considering Ragnarak eps seem to take a couple hrs to end. On to the ep (ep23 spoilers)

Nahal proved her badassness even if they didn't show her killing everyone on the beach. The way Madlax was talking it seems like when she saves Margaret she is gonna die :'(. Also Madlax proved she isn't real by getting shot and having no blood. And what does it take to kill Rimelda? she fell off a cliff and still can walk and kill people. I wonder what she's up to now.

Rimelda doesnt hate Madlax... at the contrary, she loves her... the reason that she continues to fight her is becuase fighting her proves her existance... gives meaning to her life, all after she have been fighting a fake war... by fighting Madlax for her own reasons makes everything she has done real... or something like that...

Your reason is better then my she is a phyco that's holding a grudge over that General guy that wanted Madlax to kill him.I still think it would have been better if she teamed with Madlax then Vanessa wouldn't have diedi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-08-2004, 04:43 PM
So it appears you guys are understanding this show and enjoy it. Although entertaining at times, I still don't have a clue why the show does what it does sometimes. I really feel like they made a story, then decided to remove certain parts to try to make it "mysterious", but the actual effect is a bunch of plot holes.

I am finally beginning to see some answers to "what", but I really doubt by the end of this series that they will explain "why". I hope they explain it, though.

After seeing all these episodes, the earlier episodes still did not make sense on why it happened the way it did. It is as if the producers choose style and effect over effective story telling.

If anyone can explain what Madlax is all about, maybe I would be able to enjoy it more. Thanks a bunch! i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Aeon
Wed, 09-08-2004, 09:14 PM
There only seems to be 2people on the site still watching Madlax and since I suck at explaining things Bud your up i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Munsu
Thu, 09-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Yep i guess I'm up...

If you consider Avenger and Noir... they left many "why's" out... their style seems to be just take it for what it is, dont bother with asking....

Now... I'm really diggin the Madlax and Margaret being the same person... I have to rewatch but I'm pretty sure that when Margaret's father gets shot... Madlax and Margaret are wearing the same clothes...

So it might be that seing Dawn being killed triggered something on Margaret and she herself killed her father and somehow created an alternate personality/character in Madlax... or something like that... I dont know how it happened but it is a possibility

It looks like Elinor will die in the next episode... I really hope not since she is my favorite character after Madlax... she is awesome... although she has dropped in awesomeness recently... I'm still holding to my impression of when she kicked the guy's ass that tried to get it on with Margaret...

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-09-2004, 12:59 PM
So what we could say is that everything is a fabrication of Margaret's mind, with the help of those books. Afterall, we only see two countries in the series, Garza Sonika (which Madlax lives in) and the one Margaret lives in. The reason why the countries are unheard of by us is because they are creations of young Margaret (I don't remember her age, maybe 5).

If that holds true, then this series is a sort of dream; therefore, in dreams a lot of things happen without explaination or continuity, so that explains all those missing holes in Madlax storyline. Everyone in the series must be made up by Margaret, so that's why certain people appear so indestructable (Madlax and Elinor), while others disappear so easily (the book detective and other soldiers).

If your theory that Madlax and Margaret are the same person is true, then that is why the story is told through those two's point of view. It also means that they both cannot exist in the real world together. I think that pink haired little girl is probably the doll representing Margaret's subconscious mind. Also, since all men around Madlax dies and leaves her by herself, it is a reflection of how Dawn died in front of Margaret. Rimelda probably is another incarnation of Margaret, the one that loves Dawn, and also as the one that is trying to eliminate what is not real (Madlax).

Thanks for explaination, Bud.

As for Noir, I loved it. I understood pretty much everything in that series and felt that had a good explaination for most of the story. It was mysterious with a good story line. I just didn't like how weak and weird Chloe became in the end, and the constant clips of the blond girl's family being killed became a little annoying. Overall, great series though.

Aeon
Wed, 09-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Ep 24 is out by Ayu i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. Guess I'll watch it tonight with Otogizoushi and Ten Ten.

http://a.scarywater.net/ayu/%5BAyu%5D_Madlax_24_%5BEDBC10A1%5D.avi.torrent

Aeon
Thu, 09-23-2004, 11:23 AM
OST 2 came out yesterday, it has some good music on it but it still doesnt have the song that starts out with I'mmmmmmmmm Hereeeeeeeeeee.

http://www.darkmirage.com/tracker2/[Nipponsei (http://%20MADLAX%20Original%20Soundtrack%202.zip.torrent]http://www.darkmirage.com/tracker2/[Nipponsei]%20MADLAX%20Original%20Soundtrack%202.zip.torrent)

Ep was released by Ayu while I was sleep.

http://a.scarywater.net/ayu/[Ayu (http://_Madlax_25_[633B8829].avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/ayu/[Ayu]_Madlax_25_[633B8829].avi.torrent)

Now it's time for ep 24 spoilers

Just when I thought this show couldn't get any better they went and made 24. It was really cool how they were showing what should be happening to Madlax in all her gun fights apposed to what does be happening. One part I didn't get was that we know Madlax isn't real that's why Remelda can't kill her but does that also mean she isn't real. Madlax bullets all seemed to just miss her the same and neither of them ever seem to miss a shot. It would also explain why she didn't die when Vanessa knocked her off a cliff and she woke up and went right back to killing. And poor Elinor, soon as she gets back to fighting she has to die i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. 3 characters are now dead in the last 4eps I think, and I still have to prepare to see Madlax die at the end, why can't they take Margaret instead. I doubt she can do anything on her anyways.

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-23-2004, 12:09 PM
I agree with you when you mention that Remelda isn't real. As I alluded to before, I think she only exists because Madlax exists, as a counterpart.

I pretty much expect the whole world that currently exist will no longer exist when Margaret realizes the truth, so therefore, everyone will eventually die. What I don't understand is if this is a fabricated world, then why do some people die while others do not (Madlax and Remelda). If Dawn is also a creation of Margaret, then why does he die, but not Madlax? It might have to do with the fact that Madlax does not "belong" there?

As far as Margaret not being able to do anything on her own, she did threaten to kill Nahal when Nahal was about to take her book. Nahal felt threaten enough to stop and retreat. Margaret may be far more deadly than we originally thought.

Munsu
Thu, 09-23-2004, 11:47 PM
I dont think Rimelda is fake... I think Madlax was missing on purpose... Madlax wanted atleast someone to remember her when all is over with and she dissapears... and she picked Rimelda....

I dont know about you guys... but im not watching episode 25 until episode 26 is out... so i wont post until then....

Munsu
Sat, 09-25-2004, 09:24 PM
MADLAX LICENSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE DOOOMEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arcn3ss
Sat, 09-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Hopefully Ayu or Anbu...well maybe not anbu cuz lunar doesnt sub licensed stuff will finisher off.

Its like running a 3000 metre race and stopping 2 feet from the finish line. Someone cross that damn line! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-26-2004, 12:03 AM
let me repharse you...

it's like running a marathon and being shot at your legs 5 steps before the finishing line...

man, i wish i would've at least downloaded 25, then i wouldn't have to mirc around for it all day...

tensai
Sun, 09-26-2004, 02:41 AM
WHAT!!!!
there at friggin 24 and theres 2 more eps out

i was waiting for the whole series to be finished and subbed to watch the entire thing
ive watched a couple of eps, but i want to watch it all in a short period because it was somewhat confusing me

dammit, hopefully AYU will keep em subs commin

Munsu
Sun, 09-26-2004, 02:54 AM
25 has been out a couple of days.. so just 1 short.. and yeah hopefully Ayu or Sora

Pure2500
Sun, 09-26-2004, 03:56 AM
man~~~
it's sad how it's licensed just 1 episode b4 it finishes...

Ayu has just dropped the project , so has Anbu & lunar and Suger cube..

Sora ?? are they fansubbing it ??

I probably have to watch raws instead ...

intense
Sun, 09-26-2004, 10:27 AM
BULL!!!!.... someone PLZ better sub this last episode!!!!! damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats like the worst thing to do, to license it at the last episode!! can Aone just possibly sub this last episode or something?!?!?!!?
plz tell me when episode 26 gets released by anyone.... PLZ

man..... well it seems that ANBU, LUNAR and AYU has all dropped it!!!!!!!!! now who is going to sub this now?!?!

Aeon
Sun, 09-26-2004, 07:22 PM
This is bullcrap, why couldn't they just wait 1 more ep. I'm still cursed when it comes to me liking a anime i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. My favorite show is gone now and with 1 ep remaining.

lordks
Mon, 09-27-2004, 03:11 AM
Crap...only one more...and they do this to us...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
But a well some one will finish it.

TruthofMistake
Mon, 09-27-2004, 09:31 PM
hmm for me this anime is just kinda.... there.... something to watch when im out of other stuff which, sadly enough, is quite often.... i dunno guess its just to strange for my tastes witch hunter robin was the same way.... just.... there heh

shinichi69
Tue, 09-28-2004, 06:56 AM
hmm... how is Madlax like? i was thinkin of getting it but it got licensed... how now huh?

Aramis
Thu, 09-30-2004, 03:27 PM
licensed? my torrent for 1-13 happens to be at 86%
I should have finished it earlier. Major bummer...

Elessar
Fri, 10-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Reminds me of a.f.k. and E's Otherwise - just that a.f.k. did a long pause and would otherwise been finished months earlier.
Sad but true.

Munsu
Fri, 10-01-2004, 01:05 AM
yep those a.f.k., seichi, and anime-cookies that never finished E's and also live-evil with Condor Hero...

intense
Fri, 10-01-2004, 03:46 PM
so....is there like any clues if anybody is slowly subbing the one last and only episode left of madlax... because i downloaded the raw so i can styll have a complete series.

Bugseye
Sat, 10-02-2004, 09:39 AM
a group called [onearmedscissor] has subbed Episode 26 though I haven't downloaded it yet so not sure about quality...
I am new to this forum so not sure if I should point out where, I am sure you all know where...

BTW Hello everyone... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

BigR
Sat, 10-02-2004, 10:49 AM
I saw the onearmedscissor sub...I can't speak for translation, but the subtitles are horribly ugly (small, white, italic, choppy, black border) and the video is only 140 MB, so of course it isn't as nice looking as ANBU-Lunar (what I've watched) and I'm sure the other groups who did it.

Maybe someone can tell you guys what the trans was like, 'cause I simply don't know

tensai
Sat, 10-02-2004, 11:23 AM
hmm, seems like ive missed out on 25 (anbu-lunar veresion) there arent any more torrent links are there?

edit: nvm, i found it

JI2886
Sun, 10-03-2004, 10:11 PM
theres a sub for 26 here http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/view_30060
i still havnt tried it. did anyone see this one? if u did is the sub and quality good?

Munsu
Mon, 10-04-2004, 02:20 PM
apparently anime.fin released Madlax 26... it should be better than the rest that are out there at the moment

Aeon
Mon, 10-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
apparently anime.fin released Madlax 26... it should be better than the rest that are out there at the moment

Think I'll get that one.

maxthelostboy
Mon, 10-04-2004, 08:32 PM
where can i find a link to 25?

tensai
Mon, 10-04-2004, 09:52 PM
search in downloadanime or mirkx

i got 25 from anbu-lunar after it was liscensed at downloadanime

GodComplex
Tue, 10-05-2004, 06:16 AM
Anime.fin just released ep 26, you can get the torrent off baka-updates.

Munsu
Tue, 10-05-2004, 02:41 PM
yeah i meantioned it a couple of posts back

Munsu
Wed, 10-06-2004, 12:04 AM
there's another version out by OSAnime...

get it in mirkx... if anyone watches them all... it would be cool if you could tell which is the best

Aeon
Fri, 10-08-2004, 01:38 PM
I just watched the Anime Fin version, nothing was wrong wit it. So I say go with them i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif.

Munsu
Sat, 10-09-2004, 05:05 AM
there's an ayu version leaked in mirkx

Madlax 26 out by Ayu (http://hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2426.torrent)

Aramis
Sat, 10-09-2004, 01:26 PM
i liked these quotes.

intense
Sat, 10-09-2004, 08:02 PM
oh man.... i shuold really catch up with this series!!! i mean i have all the episodes and all, but i havent got time to watch em... i think im styll at episode 15 or 17 or something!!!!
just to ask... is it good?

Aeon
Fri, 10-15-2004, 10:12 AM
I just noticed I never gave a final post to Madlax.
Spoilers for the final ep

I liked the ending mainly because Madlax survived and doesn't have to be a part of Margeret. I think she got shot in the last ep so does that mean she is no longer untouchable? Friday Monday finally died, I was starting to think he couldn't die since he was shot in the eye and seemed unfazed by it. And the best part about the ending is Madlax and Remelda are friends now.

Munsu
Fri, 10-22-2004, 05:15 AM
I finally decided to sit down at watch the last two episodes

The last two epsiodes were full of WTF moments... but that's OK because it is somewhat expected with this type of series... I loved the ending.. everything that had to happened happened... and this is a true ending to a series... nothing is left to the imagination which i like...

And yeah Madlax is finally real and her being shot is proof of it... the only thing that bothers me is that we never got to see SSS did we? someone owes me

Jin84
Sat, 10-23-2004, 03:40 AM
where's the ANBU-Lunar version of ep 26? need it asap to finish mine

Munsu
Sat, 10-23-2004, 04:14 AM
licensed... they dropped it

read all the recent posts and the topic of the thread

Edit:

I dont know about you guys... but it took me up to the final episode to clearly see what is going on in the last shot of the Madlax intro...

that last shot is where the whole Madlax story is centered... We see Madlax and Margaret together (maybe they just split) and then we see Friday and Madlax (the real one, Margaret's father) on opposite ends....

Aeon
Sun, 10-24-2004, 09:40 AM
I only watched the op liked once or twice and never noticed Friday and Madlax being in there i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif. But Bud you forgot to mention that Madlax and Remelda are friends now so I can say my sig is a friendship sig of 3of the characters :-/.

Munsu
Sun, 10-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Well yeah.... i didnt think i had to comment on it... but yeah it's cool that they are finally friends... but the mistery still remains... who the heck was SSS

Edit i just read in another forum something i didnt noticed... apparently Cris (the kid in early episodes) was aboard the airplane that crashed (making the grown up one a fake like Dawn)

Aeon
Tue, 10-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Wait who was Cris?

Munsu
Tue, 10-26-2004, 11:18 AM
remember that boy that Madlax saved... they shared a hotel room also... later on she escorted him into Gathz... ( this was the second encounter with Rimelda in the mountains)...

and Cris entered a house where Friday was and he told him he wasnt real or something

Aeon
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Oh the liar as Madlax called him at the end of that ep. I never noticed he was on the plane. I need a bigger hd or a dvd burner this is the first show that I have ever wanted to keep.

Munsu
Tue, 10-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Yeah that one.. the one she called a liar... i have to rewatch the airplane scenes to confirm if he's there